Responsible for reducing financial losses to the company through the apprehension or deterrence of subjects creating losses to the company through shoplifting, ticket switching, passing counterfeit currency, participating in return fraud, credit card fraud, check fraud or any other illegal activity. Assists management in the implementation, coordination and administration of the company’s loss prevention policies and programs within the store.
- Reports to the District Loss Prevention Manager.
- Frequent interaction with Law Enforcement, customers, and store personnel.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Identification and apprehension or deterrence of persons creating a loss to the company through shoplifting, ticket switching, passing counterfeit currency, participating in return fraud, credit card fraud, check fraud or any other illegal activity.
- Operate CCTV camera system.
- Complete case reports correctly and in a timely manner
- Represent Bealls in all court proceedings.
- Maintain a professional and safe Loss Prevention work environment.
- Conduct physical security checks.
- Participate in store inventory processes.
- Responsible for knowing the shrink goals, inventory results and top shrink departments of all assigned stores.
- Demonstrate proficiency at operating the POS system.
- Monitor cash discrepancies, deposit log, and employee and customer hold area and report compliance issues promptly.
- Update shrink boards as directed.
- Act as a witness during dishonest employee interviews and document the interview according to Beall’s policies and procedures.
- Accountable for all company property assigned for use on the job, which includes, but is not limited to, Loss Prevention ID, handcuffs, phone, etc.
- All other duties as assigned.
- There are no supervisory responsibilities for this position.
- Must have adequate vision, speech, hearing and physical ability to perform essential job duties.
- Must have full body rotation (i.e., bending, stooping, twisting, etc.).
- Must be able to lift at least 20 lbs.
- Must be able to climb a 12’ ladder.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Entry level-no prior experience required.
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal, decision making and judgment skills.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, store associates and customers.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal skills.
- Fluent in English.
Applicant Qualifications and Requirements
To be eligible for and retain a Loss Prevention/ORC Investigator Position, a candidate/employee must meet the following qualifications:
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be capable of reading and writing proficiently at a 12th grade level or above.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check consisting of but not limited to:
1. Verification of employment both former and current
2. Verification of personal references
3. Verification of education or credentials
4. Verification of clear criminal history
5. Drivers license and motor vehicle records are clear
6. Credit history
7. Drug screening process
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license in the state of your employment.
- Must demonstrate sound decision making and judgment and be able to remain calm in stressful or critical situations.
- Must be capable of attending and successfully completing all on the job training/meetings as required. (This is a condition of employment and continuing employment).
Indeed - 8 months ago
Bealls, Inc. is the parent company of Bealls Department Stores, Inc, Bealls Outlet Stores, Inc., and Burkes Outlet Stores, LLC. The...