This position reports to the Loss Prevention Manager and assists management in the implementation, coordination and administration of the company Loss Prevention policies, programs, and practices within the Corporate Headquarters and Distribution Centers. It also includes responsibility for reduction of financial loss through training, loss prevention audits and theft prevention.
- Extensive interaction with Corporate and Distribution Center Supervisors and Managers.
- Frequent interaction with Law Enforcement.
- Frequent interaction with visitors, vendors, contractors, corporate and distribution center personnel
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES (Essential Functions):
- Responsible for enforcing Beall’s Policies and Procedures, Code of Conduct, and all other training or communication distributed by the company.
- Responsible for the training and direct supervision of the Loss Prevention staff at multiple operating locations. Develops personal growth opportunities.
- Communicates job expectations; monitors job performance. Responsible for team building, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees under the guidance of the Loss Prevention Manager.
- Plans work schedules and assigns duties; establishes priorities; monitors work progress; revise schedules (as needed); and resolves problems.
- Maintains strict control of property access. Conducts fire, safety, and physical security inspections.
- Responds to incidents, accidents, and emergencies.
- Develops methods to improve security policies, processes, and practices.
- Monitors Closed Circuit Television System, alarm systems, and access control systems.
- Conducts shrink awareness to prevent internal theft. Conducts surveillance and internal investigations under the guidance of the Loss Prevention Manager.
- Maintains confidentiality concerning all conversations, printed matter, electronic data, phone messages and other Loss Prevention business.
- Accountable for all company property assigned for use on the job, which includes, but is not limited to, vehicles, computers, scanners, cellphone, radios, etc.
- Ensures accuracy of all Loss Prevention shift logs, reports, and other paperwork.
- Responsible for inbound/outbound trailer management and seal control.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- There are supervisory responsibilities for this position.
- Must have adequate vision, speech, hearing and physical ability to perform essential job functions, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must have full hand and arm usage to operate equipment, such as CCTV cameras, computer, scanners, and writing instruments.
- Must be able to stand and sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to perform walking security patrols.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be capable of reading and writing at a 12th grade level or above.
- 6 or more years prior Loss Prevention and supervisory experience is preferred.
- Must possess excellent leadership and organizational skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to accurately document and articulate incident report details and circumstances.
- Must demonstrate sound decision making and judgment and be able to remain calm in stressful or critical situations.
- Experience with CCTV Systems, Alarm Systems, and Access Control Systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook preferred.
- Must be able to work flexible work hours including weekends.
- Must maintain a Valid Florida Driver’s license.
- Must be fluent in English.
E.O.E./Drug Free Workplace
Indeed - 9 months ago
Bealls, Inc. is the parent company of Bealls Department Stores, Inc, Bealls Outlet Stores, Inc., and Burkes Outlet Stores, LLC. The...