To coach and develop the Receiving, Shoe, Cashier and Office teams to create an environment that consistently improves the customer experience through planning, directing and coordinating the operations of the store.
- Extensive interaction with customers, associates and management team.
- Some interaction with vendors and corporate visitors.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
Facilitate focused training on operational disciplines including expense control, housekeeping, maintenance, freight processing, Shoe department operations, and front end & checkout.
Partner with Store Manager and Regional Manager of Operations on the development of store specific plans to process freight from truck to sales floor.
1. Backroom supervision
- Receiving and processing from truck to stock racks
- Backstock organization
- RTV’s, damage processing
- Transfers – shipping
- Receiving Associates – supervision and review
2. Shoe Division – presentation, maintenance, staffing to achieve “5 Star Shoe Standards” on a daily basis.
3. Facilities & Systems Maintenance - Storewide maintenance incl. sales floor & fitting room cleanliness
4. Office Associates – supervision and review
5. Guest Service Counter Associates– supervision and review
6. Order Fulfillment – supervision and associate review
8. Cashiers – supervision and review
9. Payroll and expense control management - Storewide scheduling
10. Associate morale
11. Safety Program
12. Shrink Control
13. Ensure full compliance of the following:
- All operational procedures and paperwork
- Laws, Company policies and regulations
Partner with Store Manager and Regional Manager of Operations to manage assigned Store’s supplies and other needs/equipment.
Supervises Processing, Shoe, Cashier and Office associates on a daily basis.
- Minimum of 3 years of operations/retail management experience with a 2-yr college degree or equivalent upper-level retail management experience.
- Ability to work well with all levels of management, build partnerships and influence teams.
- Highly organized and ability to adapt to quickly changing priorities.
- Proven ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks efficiently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to conduct effective Store walk-through's with Executive Leadership
- Demonstrates entrepreneurial, strategic, and analytical skills
- Schedule flexibility to include evenings and weekends to meet demands of the business.
E.O.E/Drug Free Workplace