Nearly a century after opening our doors, Beall's Inc. continues to serve our communities with the spirit of pride and appreciation first shown by Robert M. Beall back in 1915. In 1987, with the start of the Outlet business in retail, his son E.R.Beall decided to open the first Beall’s Outlet in Florida. The concept was a hit and the Outlet division has been growing ever since. Currently within the Beall's Inc. portfolio, there are over 450 Outlet stores and 70 Department Stores that cover 16 states, with sales over a billion dollars annually. The Outlet division conducts business under two different names, Beall’s Outlet within Florida, Georgia and Arizona and Burke’s Outlet for all other locations.
Who Are We?
We are a convenient and welcoming store where everyone can find the styles and brands they want all at lower prices. We are continually offering fresh assortments of fashion apparel, shoes, accessories and homes goods, making shopping for the family easy, affordable and rewarding.
We are the shopping solution for the entire family. More Brands! Big Savings!
We are a customer-centric, family focused organization with a relentless desire to deliver exceptional value.
We want to thrill our customers with an ever changing offering of the latest brands and fashions, in a bright and casual shopping environment, while delivering friendly and consistent customer service.
A Supervisor assists customers in a professional, friendly manner, maintains store merchandising standards and has responsibilities to open and close the store location. A supervisor upholds the company policies and procedures of the store while the Store Manager is not present.
A successful Supervisor will be:
- Results Driven
- Effective Merchandiser
- Strategic Thinker
- Operationally Efficient
- Leader in Customer Service
- Able to Lead a Diverse Team of Associates
A Sales Associate provides the best possible service to our customers on the selling floor resulting in repeat customers and increased sales. To achieve this goal, teamwork will be required among all employees. Certain non-selling tasks must also be completed in order to maintain exceptional customer service.
A successful Sales Associate will be:
- Leader in Customer Service
- Engaging Communicator
- Able to use POS Systems
- Able to Multi Task
1. Must be able to climb stairs to stockroom (if applicable) to replenish and maintain
2. Must be able to reach a minimum of 60 inches to stock and maintain merchandise.
3. Must be able to have full body rotation and mobility (i.e., bending, stooping,
twisting, and reaching) to replenish and maintain merchandise.
4. Must be able to climb a 6 ft. ladder for maintaining and presenting merchandise (if
5. Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 20 pounds (while wearing a company
provided back support belt) to unload and process merchandise.
6. Must have full hand and arm usage for operating machinery such as POS terminal
and ticketing machines.
7. Must be able to push and pull merchandise fixtures (minimum resistance of 10
pounds), for presentation and department changes.
8. Must be able to handle cleaning equipment (e.g., vacuum, broom, mop and duster)
to maintain store cleanliness.