BEALLS INC Employee Reviews

Most enjoyed meeting new people.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pampa, TXOctober 17, 2015
Supportive management, ability to grow with the company.
Enjoyed new ideas company had for the store for expansion.
For be new to this area of Texas the people were friendly supportive
about new ideas too.
Most important about this job is I was asked for supervisor job after just a short time here.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
NA
no comments
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  jacksonville flAugust 25, 2015
I like my job.
It's a nice place to work.
I do not have any complaint about my current job .
I like the management and my co-workers.
Sales
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sun City Center, FLJuly 28, 2015
not enough hours to survie on. The staff was amazing, and I was able to gain experience. I gained my best customer service skills
Bealls Inc. Corporate team foundation is strong, focused and striving toward a distinct identity.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 29, 2014
Processes' for strategic planning of corporate directives
(floor-sets, markdowns, ad-sets/ changes) among corporate teams needs adjusting. There is no clear vision or communication between the corporate divisions and then processes' are overlapped. The stores become task oriented and the guest suffers.

Regionals Managers: Fantastic: Bealls might want to revisit the idea of District Managers or Area Managers. Store standards, great people, huge business is lost due to the Regionals being spread to thin.

Training: Area of Opportunity: This is where Bealls could promote some of their In-Store top performing Managers who have been developing training strategies for their perspective Regions for quite sometime.
An A to Z training program is the works. The opportunity to collaborate new ideas(new hires) with the uniqueness of Bealls
(current employee) would be a winning combination for Bealls.
Currently, training is what one makes of it.

Bealls needs to recruit from within their company. Readjust their priorities, look to their " In-Store" team members.

Retail is Retail: Bealls is fast, fun, and never easy. Every company has areas of opportunities, it will never happen overnight. It is important to identify whether or not a company has Integrity.
Pros
corporate team, regional team, store team-
Cons
benefits expensive
good if you are just starting in retail
Merchandise Handler (Former Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLOctober 3, 2014
i worked there for two and a half years in zephyrhills fl. they were very flexible with my school. the pay wasn't great but it was average for retail. there was no opportunity for advancement as this company hires managers from outside of the company. management team was spinless because they allowed seasoned employees to run things and that created favoritism. I loved my job i was a merchandise handler and if the hours weren's so bad i'd still be there
Pros
flexible schedule, good environment, job satisfaction
Cons
spineless management team, favoritism, horrible hours
Enjoyed to many aspects of the eCommerce business
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMarch 27, 2014
Tight deadlines for Holiday Preparations. This was the first year all projects completed on schedule. Included online portal, back office, security, infrastructure, and distribution center. Executive oversight. Enterprise PMO.
Cashier
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLFebruary 23, 2014
Wouldn't recommend due to the hours and also the management was always different,
Work at Bealls
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar FLJanuary 22, 2014
At Bealls I was a shoe department associate. My work was based on customer services, sales and keeps the department in conditions for the next day. My co-workers at the department were very helpful there are a lot of things to learn when you start. The management changes a lot and sometimes that is not such a great thing. During the time I work at Bealls I learned a lot of things, made friends and have fun from season to season. I leave Bealls, because there are some times of the year that they are not goanna have any hours for the part-time employees, so I decided to move on.
Pros
it was a great time and learnd a lot.
Cons
bealls will not have hours during the summer season for their part-timers.
Fun Environment
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Madison FlJanuary 20, 2014
Beall's Inc. Is a good company to work for. You can advance quickly and meet a lot of new people
Pros
fast advancement
great work and employees
Level 2 Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  The Villages, FLDecember 5, 2013
I would go set the ad ,stock merchandise, run register, solstice emails and credits, train new employees, put clothing back from fitting rooms, help customers on the floor, answer phone calls and floor calls to the registers for help, mark ups mark downs,and help anywhere else needed.
I learned about products, how to get sales, how to use a pda, how to use a register, how to troubleshoot issues, how to use windows for ad signing, setting all types of ads,colorizing,creating displays,teamwork and effort.
Management for the part was good scoring on reviews or ok but not alway right on. Some Management had unfair calling on things the company did an overhaul on the Management so in 2012 there was almost all new with no experience with the employees that worked there for some time and mostly who did not quit got fired wrote up for something or another,most of the former Managers either quit or got transferred , there are one or two Managers that that still do things fair that work there But in the first few years i worked there the Management was outstanding and I really enjoyed working with and for them and still would be cause there still are some managers that are fair and great team players.
My co-workers were great I got along with all of them and we all worked as a team together where ever need to get thing done.
Nothing I did was hard to me I really enjoy fast pace,multi task,team effort jobs, that take a lot to do them just maybe dealing with the management shifting in 2012 was hard to deal with.
I enjoyed all the aspects of the work this job required
Pros
great job plenty of hours good pay
Cons
some management was not seasoned so to speak and unfair
Great Place with No Stability
Employee (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 31, 2013
I worked with some very great people and that was enjoyable. There is no training and advancement and the pay is below industry standards. Schedules are unknown and everyone is part tme or on-call. Managers bully the employees and have vendettas against them when you SPEAK UP. Remember you can be replaced and they will prove it if you let them.
Pros
great people
Cons
management is nasty and unorganized
Its a great place to work
hanger insert (Former Employee) –  Bradenton , FLJune 9, 2013
It have a lot of benefits and you can learn a lot from the company and the people you work with
Treated terrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FlMarch 4, 2013
I work for the Bealls in Bradenton. Was not trained properly. I am 63 and havee not chshiered in over 20 years and things have cahnged quite a bit. Was trained by another asociate for about 1 hour. She left and I didn't see her agian until it was time for me to leave. The management treated me as if I were the village idiot as I didn't know everything when it came to cashiering. Was repremanded in front in other associated and customers. The last day I worked I called twicw for a manager as I was having touble with 2 returns and no one ever came. Had to get help from more experienced associates. I was made to feel as if I were the most stupid per they had ever seen. finally after a month of this I couldn't take any more and when my shift ended I walked out with tears in my eyes. You can only take so much riducule and be treated like a dog before you have to walk way.
You have so much you have to do. Cashier, do returns, take credit card payments, try to get customers to open an aciunt with Bealls ask for e-mail and try to give good and fast service. It is just im possible. Ther were days I work 5 hours or more and didn't get a break or only got 1/2 hr for 8 or more hrs.
Pros
other associates
Cons
too much is expected
sales representative
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXFebruary 7, 2013
it was really challenging working at a departmental store. every day dress up some times feeling like a model. nice team
Pros
free beverages
Cons
short lunch breaks
Needs Improvement
Mid-Level Manager (Current Employee) –  South FloridaDecember 9, 2012
They are trying to create a better experience for the customer and in doing so they are creating hell for the associates that they no longer care for. I'm disappointed in the things that I've witnessed and hope that one day things improve but it seems doubtful in this economy.
Pros
selling incentives for hourly associates
Cons
weak management and poor hours
area work
Responsible for accurately receiving (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLOctober 23, 2012
The most enjoyable part of my job is when my boss bring me congratulations of my good percent jobs.
Very family orientated Company
DC Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Bradenton FLOctober 10, 2012
Great Company
Everyone knows each other. Same goals and expectations
Long hrs and no communication
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 29, 2012
Work 10hr shifts. Taking care of money, balancing registers, and making deposits. Holding store meetings with associates. Customer service, soliciting credit and emails. Merchandising, planing, scheduling. The hardest part of the job was the communication between upper management and mid level management. They had no incentives to encourage a manger to work hard or stay on with the company. Why know my numbers if when there were visit from regional or district no onw would ask me. Instead they would ask my boss making me feel like an associate and less like a manager.
Pros
boss with my schedule being a new single mother
Cons
no follow through with associate correctives
Great Company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Milton, FLMay 28, 2012
Again it is a great company with many good assets, it is a little lax about the day to day operations and concerns of the Stores
very stressful
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Orange City, FLMay 21, 2012
Typical.day included about 11 hours. Very stressful. Co workera on a store level were great to work with.