Bealls Employee Reviews

Fun and exciting job but little pay
Loss Prevention Detective (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 23, 2015
Pros: Great work atmosphere and great training
Cons: poor pay
Great work atmosphere along with top notch professional co-workers.
Room for advancement as well as relocation options. The only downfall is the rate of pay for such a high stress and dangerous job
good
Receiving Clerk/ Merchandiser (Current Employee), Sanford, FLAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Great co workers
Cons: low pay, lack of hours
great co workers and management. low income and lack of hours. typical retail environment. typical day involves customer service merchandising and opening lines of credit.
Supervisor Key holder (Former Employee), Hinesville, GAJuly 31, 2015
I enjoy working here it works well with my personal life and it is a great experience. Management is excellent and the my coworkers are awesome we work well as a team.
Work overload
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Angelo, TXJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Great customers
Cons: mgmt, work load, feeling degraded
This job is a great job, but in need of new management. It is all about the numbers and amount of credit applications we receive. I as an employee feel like a slave, we clean, take out freight, help customers, vacuum,size and organize racks, move from department to department never in one place long enough to get any organization. The management does not listen to any feedback from employees, or give any praise to a job well done. I love working retail, but need to work under management that actually cares about customers and employees, not credit applications and their own paycheck, above all, if your not Spanish decent, they will weed you out of the store. I am white and I get treated like dirt....
Co-workers were great.
Department Manager (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLJuly 23, 2015
The require too much for too little pay. With no support from management. I've worked in better retail establishments.
Bright and clean environment
Lori Depalma, Supervisor (Former Employee), Burnet, TXJuly 16, 2015
A steady flow of customers provided many activities during the work day, as well as many opportunities to provide excellent customer service
Good first job
Clerk (Former Employee), Jasper, Beaumont, Port Arthur, TXJuly 13, 2015
Pros: will work with college school hours
Cons: working late hrs around the holidays
Working at Bealls you learn several skills including customer service, merchandising, and cash handling. The hardest part is selling magazines to customers and getting them to get store credit cards.
Fashion
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Saint Peter, FLJuly 8, 2015
Putting out items on the floor. Helping the customers put togther an outfit. I love doing that. My co-workers and I made the day so amazing we push and push credit cards. The hardest part about the day was when a customer get denied for a credit card. Even though we still get paid for it but it still was heart breaking.
Fun workplace excellent benefits
Supervisor (Former Employee), Floresville, TXJuly 5, 2015
Pros: not long hours
Cons: working holidays
Everyday at work was something different. My co workers were fun and very hardworking. The hardest part was designing new ideas for the store and customers. I mostly enjoyed the new clothing we got to share with our customers
productive work place
Seasonal Worker (Former Employee), Edinburg, TXJune 29, 2015
always something to do
never was there any day where there is nothing to do
Amazing costumer service
alot of interaction
bealls
Elizabeth Arden Counter Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 25, 2015
Pros: It pay me extra money for credit card applications.
Cons: We needed more employee in my department.
I learned alot about how to sell perfume and cosmetics.The store manager ask me I would like to work for bealls and I said yes.I enjoy working there.This job required alot of care.
AMAZING
Men's Merchandise Handler (Former Employee), Venice, FLJune 16, 2015
Pros: EVERYTHING
Cons: none
I WISH I COULD HAVE WORKED FOR THIS COMANY LONGER, EXTREMELY NICE WORK ENVIRONMENT WITH GREAT PEOPLE. LIGHT WORK, GOOD PAY, ROOM FOR ADVANCEMENT.
Retail clothing outlet
Mgr. Trainee / Sales (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXJune 7, 2015
Pros: Steady work.
Cons: Long hours and low pay
Sold a broad variety of clothing and shoes for men, women, and children. Worked part-time during college and later full time after graduation.
Productive workplace in retail.
Clinique Counter Manager (Former Employee), Pleasanton, TXJune 4, 2015
I learned how to be a Clinique counter manager and my responsibilities. I was in charge fro our daily sales goal and making sure we met that goal. Management and my co-workers were nice and friendly. A typical day at work was when we didn't have a product and i really couldn't get it for a customer.The only thing i can do was place an order, but the customer still was not satisfied.

The hardest part of my job was when it was super slow and i didnt meet my sales goal.
My most enjoyable part of my job was making my customers happy. I loved knowing that they will leave happy and satisfied. Greatest feeling is when they would come back to shop they will always ask for me.
Fast Pace and Productive
Sales associate (Current Employee), Perryton, TxMay 25, 2015
Pros: Room for advancement
Cons: Short Staff
A fast pace work environment. Management is outstanding very organized and productive during projects. Co-workers are very extremely courteous. What I enjoy most is being able to assist others, being creative, and the fast pace work.
Nice Company
Receiving/Processing (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLMay 20, 2015
Pros: Good people
Cons: Poor pay.
I start my day usually at 5am,sometimes at 4am during season. My job is classified as on call because I get less then 20 hrs a week.I normally start my day by putting up sale signage throughout the store,by that time our truck arrives and I help unload sort and process the merchandise.At this time we have several associates doing the same thing.I've learned that this job requires team work and speed to get the job done. Managment has no part in my job function and for the most part are not around for this operation.The most difficult part of the job aside from the obvious unloading processing is the thousands of steps taken during this process. What I enjoy the most about my job is that I'm always busy and the people are nice.
busy retail clothing store
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Bealls, Crockett, TXMay 19, 2015
Customer service a priority, Handled money, deposits and safe.
Good employee insurance benefits. Management was good.
Diverse responsibility
Customer Service (Former Employee), Port Charlotte, FLMay 17, 2015
Pros: Solving a problem for the managers or customers.
Cons: Long hours during Holidays
Worked with office to support management but also assisted customers and staff to settle issues that required attention. Most difficult was standing for long hours without break on cement floors.
Making an angry customer smile was very rewarding.
okay
team member (Current Employee), Lake Worth, FLMay 12, 2015
Pros: close to family
Cons: short break
It was alright but you can grow in this company that is why I am trying to move on. I love the employees I worked with. But there are times when management has to follow stupid rules that don't make sense.
Great Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), victoria txApril 27, 2015
Great Job and customer service. Ensure all clothes and display are up to standards and ensure all customers when purchasing are greeted and taken care of.