Bear Communications Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
relaxed and good coworkers
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 15, 2017
very fast pasted job supported both internal and external customers did the routing for the technicians and also gave support throughout the day. we were able to take lunch breaks as long as they were not but 20 minutes and that was not quite enough time.
Pros
relaxed
Cons
long days no breaks
great place to work
Foreman/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grandview, MOMay 31, 2017
always have up to date equipment , seemed to have a steady work flow. they bounce around with different customers a lot is why I left. they started lay offs left and right.
Pros
equipment, vehicles
Cons
management
Do not work for this company!!!!
Installer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 31, 2017
Poor management, no safety training, very low pay, schedule sun-thurs with no overtime pay. Not organized by far the worst company I ever worked for
Pros
Take your vehicle home
Cons
Poor management, low pay, no safety training, not organized.
Fun job with low pay
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 12, 2017
When i worked here they gave me a van and supplied me with all the equipment i wanted.. (when they had it) I enjoyed working here but the head manager was fired here for stealing everyone's gift cards. (One reason i quit) My biggest complaint working here was the low pay. Other then that i enjoyed working for this company.
Pros
Head manager thief was fired.
Cons
I was never rewarded for doing outstanding work and saving this company a lot of money.
Many opportunities
VP / Market Director (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNMarch 30, 2017
Great place to work with strong leadership and many opportunities to drive your career. Good people to work with on a daily basis and very challenging work environment.
bear
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNMarch 28, 2017
bear was a fun work environment to work in but a little crazy at times. The people were great but a little wild. they are serious about their job but it is not a stable work environment
Decent pay, will lay off w/o warning
Underground Construction Laborer (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNMarch 19, 2017
They pay pretty well. Health insurance is very expensive. You typically get your 40 hours/week. They will cancel work for holidays and lay you off without warning or explanation.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Cancel work/lay off with out warning
very unstable
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Shawnee Mission, KSFebruary 26, 2017
Was a very unstable place to work and never knew operation from day to day , very poor quailty , not looking for anything along these lines .. ready for a career
Pros
etc
Cons
nothing
Thank you for the title Project Coordinator
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 22, 2017
The company died when the project died. I was mismanaged and wrongly accused. Poor management was the demise of the company. Thank you again for the experience but I must move on.
Pros
Long breaks and commute
Cons
Poor management
Needs work
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 20, 2017
Management sucked and never had what you needed to perform job. This is also not the job for you if you feel like working from 7:00 AM to 9:00 PM or longer.
Pros
Company Vehicle
Cons
Too many headaches with BS
Hardwork
Drop Bury Tech helper (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 11, 2017
Weather permitted job, rain, snow, sleet/snow.
Learned the basics of applying fittings and exchange cabling when needed if it was damaged and prevented being useful.
Better luck elsewhere
Cable Installer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 14, 2016
The manager was a real mean person to me and my coworkers. Unless you like being yelled at and discriminated against for various things, find work elsewhere. The company would be a great place to work if they didn't hire mean people to manage.
Pros
SOME of the employees
Cons
Discrimination, Cursing, Degrading behavior
Don't plan on having a family life...
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, KSSeptember 27, 2016
Would work 60+ hours a week (not paid hourly, by the way, you were paid for piecework) and had no time for myself or my family. They even tried to get me to work more than I already did. The pay structure was a joke, had to pay for fuel for the company provided truck, and had to buy my own tools and equipment (they will sell you tools, but at a sizeable mark-up). I'd you make a mistake on part of an install, they'll take back any pay that you earned on that job. Very shady practices throughout my year with them. Never again.
Pros
Nice meeting many different people (customers)
Cons
See my review.
Awsome Company, Excellent People
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE 68127September 19, 2016
Outstanding all around! Good people and atmosphere, just not enough national presence yet. Best part of the job was working to grow and develop a business with ethics and morals.
Pros
Culture, experience
Cons
Not enough advancement opportunities
Broken Promises
former employee (Former Employee) –  Grandview, MOSeptember 9, 2016
Management ARE YOU SERIOUS! Chaotic from very first day on job. Relocated my family from ten hours away been doing directional drilling and locating for 12 years and BY FAR WORST COMPANY EVER! SAVE YOURSELF THE TROUBLE STAY AWAY
benefits
Cons
lack of professionalism
Outdoors and fun with customers
Cable Install Technician (Current Employee) –  Grandview, MOAugust 18, 2016
Always working outside is great.
Learning new techniques to help installed cable more efficiently.
The people we work with have a great sense of humor and are dedicated workers.
I learned a lot about field work with cable and internet installs.
Good company with growth potential
Interim Controller (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJuly 25, 2016
Bear communications is a well managed company with high growth potential. The management staff is well versed in the industry which they are working in.
The worst cable installer
Technician (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJuly 14, 2016
Managment is disrespecful to all its employees and they don't pay over time. Missing hours from time sheet and long hour work week from 7am til 9pm in filthy conditions. harrassment and racism is an everyday event and the company tolaretes this behavior. Save yourself a world of trouble. Look else where. This company has no respect for females.
Pros
You meet new people everyday
Cons
Racism, homophobic, and derogatory statements about females
productive and quality mindset
Tech services manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City and Nashville Tenn.April 20, 2016
a typical day at Bear is organized chaos multiple steps in a fiber to the home project from construction to the splicing and testing to costumer relations. I have learned the processes of boring, red lines and aerial construction the most enjoyable part of working on projects of this size is all the challenges
Pros
the entire work experiance
Excellent work environment
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville TennesseeOctober 21, 2015
Every day was a challenge that made the work exciting. Our team met every morning and we established attainable goals and worked together to reach each one of them. We learned that we were the experts on the project and lead by example to encourage each other to do better every day. Managers listened and provided appropriate feedback when needed. The external customers were the most challenging, but we developed positive relationships by convincing them we were the skilled experts in the field and that we have one mutual client - together we could all be successful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bear Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9