BearCom

BearCom Employer Reviews

Steady workpace, nice atmosphere.
Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Garland, TXApril 5, 2014
Pros: good people, good enviornment.
People very friendly. Work pace steady but not stressful. Hours were very good. Enjoyed all the data entry and filing. Hardest part was calling on overdue bills.
Fun group of people to work with
Rental Coordinator (Former Employee), Annandale, VANovember 25, 2013
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: potential long hours with no compensation
Inventory control
Managing incoming/outgoing inventory
Customer Service
Great team to work with
Potential long hours
Enjoyed my time......BUT
National Account Manager (Former Employee), DallasFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: laid back environment
Cons: pay scale, domineering attitude of an individual on the executive team
The pay way extremely below average. Also, would like to extend the sentiments of the previous review. I left due to belittling treatment and ignorant actions of the Executive VP!
LOVED working there except for some moron upper level vice president
Service Manager (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 6, 2012
Cons: idiot vice president !
I have over 25 years as a Motorola technician. A rare commodity! Bearcom is the largest Motorola dealer in the US and I was planning on spending the rest of my career with them.
I was absolutly loving my job and helping my customers. Every day was exciting and with my experience it made it pretty easy.
Our location lacked a general manager so they made – more... our head salesman the manager which kept him from his sales and it had a negative impact on his income. They withheld commisions from him because customers did not pay. Just about all these issues were from poor equipment builds out of the main Dallas location. He had enough and quit.
His son took over his position. I worked there for 3 years and NEVER saw the boy enter the office before 11am. NEVER ONCE ! Of course the VP and general manager was 1500 miles away and was oblivious to this .
We had a vice president with absolutly NO people skills or first hand experience in a Motorola shop.How do you manage a Motorola shop when you have NEVER worked in one ? He was a corporate man. He was our general manager managing a branch from Dallas. How do you know what goes on when you are 1500 miles away ! !
I was completely competent and knowlegable in my feild and one day the vice president shows up and lets me go. No warning and no clue it was coming. I asked 2 times - Why am I being let go ? He NEVER responded and I still to this day do not know why. When a man fires a man he NEEDS to have a reason and the balls to tell him !
Soon after, the VP started hassling the rentals manager with unreasonable stuff so he quit!
Withih one year an idiot has brought down an entire location and does not even have a clue as he has NO experience !
Darn shame when a leader has no experience in a specific feild and really has no idea that he has no idea - DANGEROUS !
When I don't know I ASK someone who does !!
All in all a great company once the VP finally retires and leaves knowledgable people do their job ! – less
Bearcom
Rental Coordinator/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Annandale, VANovember 8, 2012
Pros: affordbale insurance
Cons: hard to get raises, lack of communication with my general manager
A typical day at work was programming radios and phones to be shipped out then creating contracts for the customer to sign upon delivery. My co-workers were great and I learned a lot at my time with Bearcom. It definitely improved my customer service and administrative skills plus it gave me some management experience overseeing two people. The hardest – more... part of the job was programming certain types of phones and radios because the management did not want to replace the antenna or my computer. The busy season could be stressful at times. – less
Great Co workers
Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Deer Park, TXNovember 5, 2012
Busy office and plenty to do. Coworkers were always willing to help you with anything.
Productive.
Technician / Installer / Tower Climbing (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 31, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule.
Cons: helthcare
BearCom is a company based most in radios programming it means that no climbing towers, no much installs but a lot radios staff.....it was a very nice oportunity for me to learned all about code plugs, frecuencies, etc, etc....
Very easy going atmosphere. More like a family than co-workers
Office Manager/Warehouse Manager (Current Employee), Chantilly, VAJuly 30, 2012
The only reason I do not work at Bearcom any longer, was so I could stay home with my newborn son.