Provides clerical support to the office staff for commercial insurance, personal insurance, claims, and life and health insurance departments. Enhance the overall sales effort of the agency by providing information and service to clients and visitors in person as well as initial phone contact. Create a positive first impression and image for the company.
- Greet guests and offer them a beverage
- Direct calls as needed
- Deliver faxes and emails sent to generic electronic mail boxes
- Retrieve any messages left on voicemail
- Order messenger service and flowers
- Arrange travel for colleagues
- Prepare meeting room for meetings and order food if necessary
- Retrieve electronic policies/endorsements from carrier websites
- Attach electronic images to internal agency management system
- Coordinate and train back up in accordance with procedures (when on break, lunch, vacation, etc.)
- Deliver Daily Claims Report
- Process Daily Personal Lines Download
- Run MVR’s as needed
- Order and maintain office supplies & request service for machines
- Clean table in conference room after each meeting
- Light housekeeping of kitchen including empty dishwasher as needed
- Help plan summer outing, luncheons, annual underwriter party and holiday party
- Perform miscellaneous projects and/or assignments as requested
- Backup Administrative Assistant
Education/Experience: High school diploma or equivalent work experience. Experience in an office setting or similar position. Insurance experience preferred.
- Must have pleasant telephone voice and etiquette
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Have a typing speed of 40 WPM
- Must be able to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively as a team-oriented self-starter
- Must demonstrate professional and ethical business practices, adherence to company standards, and a commitment to personal and professional development.
The job tasks identified below are representative of those required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made as appropriate to enable individuals with qualified disabilities perform these essential functions.
The employee must regularly communicate verbally and via written methodologies, as well as listen to and follow instructions. The employee is also required to sit for long periods of time in front of a computer monitor and to operate a computer keyboard proficiently. Specific sight abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
The above statements have been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by colleagues within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of colleagues assigned to this job.