Beatrice State Developmental Center Employee Reviews

Enjoyable Part of my job
Heath & Human Service Treatment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beatrice, NEApril 25, 2017
A Health and Human Service Treatment Specialist, I enjoyed working with and for the individuals we served.

There were periods during my employment where training and class opportunities were provided to maintain your professional education.

I enjoyed working with dedicated staff who truly had a vested interested in the individuals whom they served.
Pros
No Parking Fee
Cons
My job responsibilities changed to less rewarding work.
Diverse, skilled, productive work force
Development Technician Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Beatrice, NEFebruary 1, 2017
Working for the Department of Health and Human Services, can have its challenges and its rewards. As supervisors, we build a culture of excellence when we are accountable and build accountability in others. We develop our employees and create productive workplace relationships which builds a culture that allows us to deliver the best possible service to our clients and staff.
Hard work all around, there were no "easy" jobs
QIDP (Former Employee) –  Beatrice, NEJanuary 27, 2017
While I was there I experienced various degrees of administrative oversight. I often thought that the middle level supervisors became a catch all for administration when things went wrong.

Not enough concern for the bigger picture and too much concern for the little details.

Changes in elected government officials often shifts the direction of the facility.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
long hours, high stress from government oversight.
Fun
Developmental Technician II (Current Employee) –  Beatrice, NEOctober 14, 2015
The individuals are great to work with, they have such great personalities. It is a very rewarding position, getting to know each individual and knowing that you are making a difference in their lives.
Typical contract job
Staff Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Beatrice, NEOctober 2, 2014
It's been 16 years. I'm sure it is very different than when I worked there.
Pros
Decent salary
Cons
move around a lot
Great co-workers, something new everyday
Development Tech. level 2 (Former Employee) –  Beatrice, NEFebruary 22, 2012
Awesome management team, caring co-workers. I enjoyed helping people here because they had no one to take care of them.
Pros
health care, great pay, long hours
Cons
short breaks