BEAU RIVAGE

BEAU RIVAGE Employer Reviews

Get to meet people from all walks of life
SLOT CLUB REP (Current Employee), Biloxi, MSMay 15, 2014
Work with some of the best co-workers, get to meet all types of guest , the Beau Rivage has some of the greatest restaurants
A++ Wonderful
LICENSED MASSAGE THERAPIST - LMT (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSMay 14, 2014
A classy environment. Great people. Very busy. Good pay. A+++
fast paced, enteraining work place
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSApril 10, 2014
Pros: i got to meet a lot of celebrities and attend free shows
Cons: bad pay, short lunch breaks, and a long distance to walk to take a break
Working for casino and gaming was a unique work experience. The staff and management for the most part are friendly, but not in a sincere way. Unfortunately, the casino is a very competitive place to work. There are very strict policy when it comes to appearance and customer relations. Management decides your appearance all the way down to your nail – more... polish. They promote diversity but want you to all look the same. Instead of promoting teamwork, you are encouraged to stand out, to do better then your co-workers. In my opinion that type of training causes tension between employess. – less
About Beau Rivage
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Biloxi, MSFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: losing hours during slow season
The Beau operates on high expectations for customer service. Which I totally understand. It is usually busy from the time I start till the end of the day. I really like meeting new people and learning new things about the system and the back of the house and how different departments operates.
Department downsized/layoff
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSJanuary 23, 2014
Not enough seniority. I would not prefer to be in the casino industry.
Large Company, hiring process is easy
Cook/Food-Runner (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: disgruntled customers(it is a casino after all)
The work wasn't too stressful, however the pay was severely lacking. I don't see how anyone could live off what they paid.
Productive and fun work place
Front Services Training Supervisor (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSDecember 17, 2013
This is a fast pace industry. None stop guest coming and going. I worked with some of the best co-workers we always helped one another. The best part of the job was all the different people you delt with each and every day.
Fun work environment
Engineer Crew Leader (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSDecember 9, 2013
Something new and different every day. Worked with some great employees.
Productive and energetic work environment
Customer Care Administrator (Current Employee), Biloxi, MSJune 10, 2013
Pros: free lunches, benefits, positive work environment
Cons: pay, no advancement
Run daily reports, create reports, maintain SharePoint site for two properties, assist with various projects. My co-workers and management staff are friendly and stay busy. Hardest part of the job is trying to create reports for various departments based on the departmental needs. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with the staff and guests.
fun place to work
Cage Cashier (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSJune 9, 2013
It's a great place to work. A typical day would start off busy then slow down. Management is great. I learned good customer service keep people coming back.
Do not work in the front desk department
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSMay 29, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: point system, and management is not held to the same high standard as agents
The pay is very low, and the position is very repetitive. I found it hard to learn new areas of the FDK and often felt like a computerized robot. I found that the support of management during busy times was seldom instead of helping agents often management would find busy-work to do, check emails for 10-15mins and etc. Work days are long and you start – more... off swing shift 4:00-12:00pm pr 4:30-12:30pm. I would not recommend working at the FDK at the Beau RIvage if you want to keep your sanity. The overall day to day depending on your shift consisted of checking guests into the hotel resolving guests issues, and checking guests out of the hotel. The day to day sounds simple but grows incredibly repetitive if your not being constantly challenged and or learning new things. The discipline policy at the Beau Rivage is a joke and can keep you trapped in your position for a really long time if your nt careful. Management does not discipline agents equally so if your not one of their favorites be careful. The corporate culture at the Beau Rivage FDK is less than professional and concerns are ignored. Be careful there is a reason why turnover at the FDK is high! – less
Fast paced work environment
Pit Clerk/ Cage Cashier (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSMay 12, 2013
Cons: healthcare, shift availability, no growth potential
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting on a daily basis with the patrons of the casino. While I was only there for two years, I learned alot about the casino industry. The hardest part of the job was the hours 3am-11am.
Fun Workplace
Usher (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSMay 1, 2013
Pros: free food, long breaks
I absolutely loved this job. I left after two years due to personal reasons. I know if that weren't the case, I would still be there today. My job as an usher consisted of many things. My main duty was to direct all guest to their proper assigned seating.
What I learned
Host (Current Employee), Biloxi, MSApril 22, 2013
On this particular job, it taught me some very useful job skills and life lessons, these are lessons that will stick with me for life and ones that will help me improve and better myself on all other jobs in the future.
Great work environment, great designers to work with.
Production Specialist (Current Employee), Biloxi, MSJanuary 18, 2013
creating secondaries for events, printing large format posters for events. I have learned a lot from the year that I have been there. My coworkers are great, they have wonderful design skills and have a great outlook for the job .
This company was the most fun, the best variety of all places to work.
Food Server (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSJanuary 10, 2013
Every day I was in a new position on the casino floor, meeting and greeting and serving all who were customers. I worked close with all management in many different events on the casion floor or special events all sponcered by this company. I enjoyed everyday at this large company.
Productive, fast paced environment
Floral Designer (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: free meals, friendly environment
Cons: sometimes we had very short deadlines to produce orders
A typical day at the Beau was preparing arrangements for the casino, maintaining arrangements throughout property,and filling customer orders and creating designs for parties and events. We all worked hard and very well as a team. A lot of pressure sometimes, but I feel I would better under pressure and enjoyed the challenges it brought
Excellent opportunity
Intern (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSDecember 31, 2012
Perfect opportunity to work in the field of graphic design/advertising.
Fun workplace, too many managers
Lead Scheduler (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSJuly 16, 2012
Pros: health benefits, free lunch hour, annual christmas parties, employee of the month nominations
Cons: too many managers and no room for moving up
I came in at 6am everyday, I open the hotel making sure we had enough GRAs to clean rooms on a daily basis. I did basic math with a calculator to figure out how many people we needed. I had daily schedules in which I keep updated in the computer with Supervisors names, office personnel names, manager names, linen crews, general cleaners, utility cleaners – more... names, etc. I kept up with the hires and fires. I made copies of said schedules for each and every head of the department including my coworker. Depending on what day it was, I did payroll which typically is done on Mondays but I kept up with it on a daily basis. I loved my coworkers. We were and still are friends to this day. The only problem I had was too many managers and not enough employees. But I did enjoy working there. – less
Usher Job good for a person in school.
Showroom Usher (Former Employee), BiloxiMarch 22, 2012
Pros: free concerts
Showroom job responsible for showing all guests to their seats before showtime.

About BEAU RIVAGE

You can hear the roar of the MGM lion in Biloxi, Mississippi, thanks to the Beau Rivage Resort. The operation boasts a 32-story – Read more