Beaufort County Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Not a fun place to work
Emergency Communications Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCJanuary 16, 2016
Training was terrible. Management was disconnected. So many people in management were approaching retirement and had the "don't cares" about everything. The work environment was crowded because of small space, yet understaffed. The population growth of the area is partly to blame for this. The work area was filthy. The only cleaning I saw was someone who collected the trash. This job had such potential. I was so excited to be doing something to help other people, but the horrible attitudes of the staff and the lazy attitudes of the management made this job miserable. I admire the people that do these jobs year end and year out. Law enforcement hours are tough. I few changes in this establishment could get this employer back on track.
Pros
A job that serves the public
Cons
Dirty work space, bad attitudes of others, poor management and training
Fun,Working with kids,Summer,Homeworks
Recreation.Aid- Summer Camp (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCMarch 9, 2015
This the Responsibilities Summer camp counselors work directly with children in residential or day camps. They may organize and supervise general activities or specialize in teaching campers topics such as tennis, boating, archery or music. Counselors are also responsible for ensuring campers’ well-being and enforcing camp rules.

The Rec.Aid is working with youth in the after school program Helping with there Homework.
Pros
Love woring with kids's
Cons
Not a Enought Hours
I love working here.
GIS Analyst (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCJanuary 11, 2013
Learning a lot about GIS application. My hands are in many different projects: mapping and support, public works, security applications, damage assessment, hazard mitigation and modeling. A great variety of assignments, which is what I enjoy. The management is very respectful and good. We are all doing the best we can in limited fiscal conditions. A challenge, but a good thing.

Want to know more about Beaufort County?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beaufort County. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5