Beaufort Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Great work environment
Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCJune 16, 2017
Great place to work.
I have worked here for 9 years and have really enjoyed my experience as Nursing Supervisor. Love the challenges and working with all different sort of employees.
Great team of staff nurses
Staff RN for ICU and PACU (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SC 29902June 12, 2017
In ICU and PACU, I worked with some of the best coworkers in my career. My managers were also exceptional
Beaufort Memorial Hospital was a good place to work!
It's a job.
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCMay 29, 2017
We work understaffed and under paid. Most the people are wonderful but as in any place we have some lazier employees. There are going to be doing alright of changes to our department.
Pros
No call
Cons
Always short on staff
You Won't Find A Better Place to Work in Town
I.S. Training Assistant/E.R. Registrar (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCMay 1, 2017
A typical day at work here will leave you feeling exhausted and accomplished all at the same time. When you first start working here, you may feel that some coworkers are a little standoff-ish, but they warm up to you in time once they see how you work as an employee and they make sure you're not there just to collect a paycheck and act superior to anyone. The culture isn't necessarily robust, but it's not dead. All walks of life work there, and many are accepted (although it can take FOREVER to get a job response, so patience may have to be a virtue). The hardest part of the job for me is I sometimes feel limited in the learning opportunities I could obtain, being restricted to doing only certain things. But the most enjoyable part of the job is that we always take the time to celebrate the milestones with notoriety, or just throwing together a random potluck just because.
Pros
Hard-working employees
Cons
Communication between coworkers could be better
Loved working there
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCApril 27, 2017
Everyone got along well with each other and the Director was awesome and understanding. Nothing was asked to do something that they would not do themselves. If we were short staff the director would come out of the office and help.
Pros
Cons
n/a
Great training on Cultural Diversity
Data Entry Clerk/ Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCApril 10, 2017
Training for understanding cultural diversity was very informative and understanding, It helped by making the job more easier and to understand the individual with a opposite cultural background.
Pros
Training is A A+
Cons
staff very underpaid
A Lot Like High School
Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCMarch 24, 2017
Many great employees and people to work with. What is not enjoyable is the management and how incompetent they are. It's all in who you know and if you are buddies with the boss then you are good if not then you have your work cut out for you. Constant gossip, childishness and just downright high school behavior.
Pros
Nurses, helping others
Cons
High school management
Enjoyable Workplace
Inpatient Clinical Experience - SPTA (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCMarch 8, 2017
Wonderful learning experience with experienced and knowledgeable staff. Great communication between all health professionals. Safe and friendly work environment.
Productivity and Team Work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCMarch 6, 2017
Working in healthcare can be a challenging yet rewarding experience. Teamwork is a must in order to successfully handle all patient needs. I must be able to rely on my management team as well as my physicians in order to provide patients with best in class experiences. It can be difficult when having to run multiple providers of different specialties within the same. I look forward to building successful relationships with my patients and medical staff.
My opinion
Registered Nurse in operating Room (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCMarch 3, 2017
I worked 8 hours monday thru friday. I learned a lot about endoscopy.And some circulating in the or. When I first started the management was hard but fair.With the new management it was more of a cliche.The hardest part of my job was some of the people. The most enjoyable part was working with the pationt and there family
Pros
The benefits
Cons
Unfair treatment of some

Want to know more about Beaufort Memorial Hospital?

Ask a question
understaffed
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SC 29902February 19, 2017
There are no incentives to improve. Pay is based off of a bus system and u only get that incentive on one paycheck a year. 6 months have gone bye and no raise. Nice people and guaranteed hours, but it is a revolving door. Which then leads to more work for less people and no compensation for it.
Employee
Employee (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCJanuary 21, 2017
Has many decent, caring people whom if managed properly could grow professionally and become assets to this organization. Employees are not held accountable for their performance and behavior, particularly physicians. New management is clueless regarding the culture that is woven into this organization. I wish them luck. The way they are going about turning this organization around will surely result in some of their best staff members seeking employment elsewhere.
benefits
Cons
unsupportive management
I enjoyed working for my bosses (one retired after I was there ten years) and the guys that made up our department.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCJanuary 16, 2017
I provided the administrative duties to the director of the maintenance department, as well as to the 12 (more or less) guys that worked in this department. I made appointments, took minutes, answered the telephone, maintained records, documents and payroll on the computer and directed contractors and all visitors to our department; as well as what ever came up.

I learned that I loved my job in working to help others.

My co-workers were awesome, and appreciated what I provided for them and what they did for me.

The hardest part of my job was keeping as busy as I like to be, and the most enjoyable part was the people I worked with.
Pros
Paid Days Off
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCJanuary 5, 2017
GREAT JOB WORKING WITH THE PUBLIC performing CNA duties working alongside nurses, doctors, etc. Great opportunity for growth and learning experiences.
why not
Central transporter (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCDecember 11, 2016
small hospital and a lot of Gossip goes around that can be very distracting from the job at times. Other than that the people can be friendly, but don't know how to give constructive criticism. (so make sure you cross all you t's, dot all your i's and watch your back)

They will overwork you; as will any company so be prepared to stand your ground and fight for work life balance.

Benefits are great or at least the eye care was. I got a pare of glasses that were scratch proof and tint for like $30.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with bitter co-workers that just want to complain.

Bests part of the job was night shift, had more of a family atmosphere and helping people.
Wonderful place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCJuly 15, 2016
I am very proud to say that I work at BMH everyone here has a smiling face and provide very positive atmosphere .The team work is amazing and every department .And best of all every patients and family member that go there have a wonderful experience they have no doubt that they receive the best care possible from the attentive and knowledgeable staff
Pros
patients satifcation
Cons
Night staff catfteria food
Great Facility
MEDICAL SURGICAL REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCJune 19, 2016
Great facility with dependable coworkers.I can rely on my team and manager for anything. They truly go above and beyond.
Productive and professional
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCMarch 15, 2016
I learned how to strip, wax, buff, and scrub floors in a well done, efficient manner. I also really enjoyed the floor work, the least favorite part of the job was the janitorial work.
Pros
Good hours, nice people, good equipment
Cons
No opprotuinties for overtime or advancement
Best hospital in the Coastal Empire - hands down
Assistant Director of Public Relations & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCMarch 6, 2016
A great place to work and a great place to have a baby : ). I have never met a group of people in a healthcare setting that cared more about each other and their patients than the staff, doctors, volunteers and employees of Beaufort Memorial Hospital. Excellent healthcare.
Pros
Excellent leadership
Comfortable environment
Health Information Scan Technician (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCDecember 16, 2015
Peaceful environment in which to scan and maintain medical charts and records. Isolated work area away from distractions and other departments.
Pros
great hours and peaceful environment
Cons
benefits limited