Beaumont Hospital Employee Reviews

very interesting
H.O.S.A. Internship (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIJanuary 26, 2016
I learn so much about people and how we can help in any way. just because you transporting patients around you are so much more important than you would think. everybody in the hospital play a big role.
Enjoyable job
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIJanuary 9, 2016
A typical day would involve transporting patients to and from different places in the hospital such as their rooms, surgery, x-ray...etc. The hardest part of the job is all the walking. The best part of the job is all of the different people you come in contact with.
Pros
Make friends
Cons
All the walking a transporter does
productive
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 7, 2016
Assisting nurses including some language translation.I learned team work and its importance.I enjoyed working with co-workers and being able to meet people.
Workday
Registrar for Physical Therapy (Current Employee) –  West Bloomfield Township, MINovember 24, 2015
My work day consist of a lot of multi- tasking , and scheduling patients. • Verifying patients insurances and putting in insurance authorizations for patients, rescheduling patients. I wouldnt say the hardest part of my job, but i would say the most challenging part of my job is trying to accommodate all the patients with there desire schedule. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a patient who is happy with there service and knowing I had a part of that.
Pros
Having a boss who is understanding.
Cons
Not being able to get along with all your coworkers.
Great place to work for
Staff Nurse, Clinical nurse I (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MINovember 4, 2015
Extremely busy ED. I learned a lot. Management was very supportive and caring. Co-workers were very easy to work with and willing to help. I enjoyed all the educational opportunities that was available to us. The hardest part of the job was learning to balance the work load and time management.
Pros
Education opportunities
Cons
Lower pay
Best Job i ever had
Patient Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 4, 2015
Great Hours, Great Pay, friendly people. Easy work. good place to work, can wear jeans, good overtime pay. Everyone was generally friendly, opportunities for advancement.
Great company
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 18, 2015
Great company to work for. The joy and gratitude you receive from your patients is amazing. Being as its the medical field i do believe the medical benefits could be a lot better.
co-workers are rude,lazy,under paid
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIOctober 14, 2015
its a ok place to work for the employees are lazy and messy nobody does their job. there is no room for growth it seems like they play favorites with certain people.
Pros
schedule
Cons
healthcare, pay
Great people to work with
Echo Technician (Current Employee) –  Wayne, MIOctober 13, 2015
This place treated you like family. Everyone were friendly and caring. Even after working 12+ hours. The physicians enjoyed teaching new things.
Good working environment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MISeptember 27, 2015
This is also a excellent company to work for. You will also learn up to date techniques and procedures. Good salary range and benefits. Fair management and nurturing for the employees.
Pros
Good Benifits
Cons
sometime short staffed
productive workplace in which to help others.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Grosse Pointe, MISeptember 16, 2015
This was a pretty routine job daily meals for patients,staff and visitors were prepared by me and my co- workers. I enjoyed the team we had.
Pros
great hours and insurance
Cons
exposed to illness
What I have learned
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 15, 2015
I was a former Nursing major and after getting the hands on experience in a Hospital setting I decided I wanted to approach healthcare in a different setting. I love having a voice and having that on the unit experience has helped me learn a lot about the conversations and body language of a day to day operation between employees.
Amzing place to work if you're looking to further your career in any way, especially in the medical field.
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  4WestJuly 17, 2015
I absolutely enjoyed my previous employment at Beaumont Hospital in Troy. I worked on 4West, the orthopedic floor the majority of my time at Beaumont. I also had the opportunity to pick up shifts on 2North, Hospice as well as The pediatric floor for a few months. However, because of my situation at the time, it was very difficult to find transportation. Although, since that time, I am in a stable living situation( my mother, who is also a nurse at Troy Beaumont), with a reliable means of transportation. I would love to have the opportunity to work with/for such an amazing and inspiring team of people once again.

I also am going to school for my nursing degree. This would be the perfect opportunity to continue my education and experience in the medical field.
Pros
Co-workers are great, Compassionate staff, beautiful facilities, Starbucks
Cons
not enough secretaries on all of the floors
Great Place to work
Employment Assistant (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 6, 2015
I really like working for this organization, no one likes to leave there so it's hard to move up in my career. I was looking more for a position which was Human Resources Generalist, which at the time they didn't have anything available.
Pros
Free lunchs, educational seminars, perks
Cons
No room for advancement due to people not leaving the organization in my field.
Loved helping the doctors and nurses with patient care and comfort
Secretary-Anesthesia-Pre Surgery (Former Employee) –  Troy and Royal OakJune 29, 2015
log on to five systems on computer - check crash carts for proper supplies - run test on defibrillators, if defective, get repair - set up daily schedule of nursed and medical aids for the twelve hour shift - set up all paper work for patients transferring to rehab, short and long care nursing facilities, or home. make arrangements for medevac patients - clean equipment - draw blood sugars - at times feed patients - call CPR codes - arrange death certificates - help visitors - order supplies - set up operating schedules - set up transportation for patients - create forms in excel -
Pros
Working with good co-workers
Cons
working holidays and weekend
Productive place to work.
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIJune 17, 2015
I cared for my set of patients with the things they needed. I took their vital signs t the appropriate times and I assisted the nurses.
Pros
helping peoplpe
Positive environment to work in
Rehab Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIJune 5, 2015
I liked being a Nursing Assistant & helping Nurses with patient care. This was a good introduction into medical world for me. I helped get patient to their physical therapy & liked taking vitals and glucose monitoring. The amount I had to do for 15 patients on my own did get daunting. I always finished medical documentation, but my energy level would be very low by the end of my shift since I was the sole NA for 3 other nurses & at times up to 15 patients.
Pros
part time house with good pay
Cons
late hours
beaumont
Environmental Attendant (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIMay 30, 2015
beaumont was a great place to work I enjoyed holidays off and the weekends off of work the also provided a very relax training and work environment
Great establishment
Helping Hands Companion - (Contingent) (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights, MIMay 5, 2015
Great establishment
Beautiful clients to assist
Great life skills
Opportunities to grow
good
good good good
good good good
Pros
Great life skills
Cons
flu shorts required
cleaning in a productive work environment
Environmental Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIApril 29, 2015
Beaumont is a comfortable environment to work in. Knowing that you can put a smile on a person face, just by saying hi makes my day. Cleaning the hospital to the best of my ability, let's me know that I am the right person for the job. My department keeps the accuracy going by checking in on me and making sure my work is complete. The hardest part of my job is that I have to go home and I feel I'm missing out on making somebody smile.

4.2