Beaumont Hospital Employee Reviews

Great work place with many friendly doctors
Observer (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIMarch 15, 2017
Great environment. Everybody employed here is great at what they do, and are very personable, which can sometimes be hard to find in a hospital. All in all, great place to work if you want to work in medicine.
A good place to start
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMarch 15, 2017
Overall, I thoroughly enjoy my work family and the work that I do. For our department specifically, the pay should be reviewed and adjusted according to the many responsibilities the position entails
Beaumont is a good company to work for.
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 1, 2017
A typical day at work for me consists of training providers, nursing staff and office managers in how to use Epic. This is also my most enjoyable part of the job.
Management and Team
Account Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIFebruary 28, 2017
Management was flexible and very understanding of work /family balance. There was training and classes available to support the system and department. The employees worked as team to meet monthly goals
Pros
Flexible hours, Great Benefits, Promotion within the Comoany
Cons
Pay Scale
Pretty good job
Room service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 27, 2017
I worked as a room service attendant. Easy job, nice pay, most co works are kind. Walk in with a smile and make sure to give the right patients the correct diet. After leaving each room sanitize your hands. Only downfall is building bonds with patients that aren't getting better. It can be a sad environment at times...okay one more think that was kinda a con was having dry hands from cleaning them so often. Bring lotion!
Pros
multiple breaks, great exercise
Cons
dry hands
Lots of customer service experience.
Cashier/Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 24, 2017
Working in a hospital you get to meet people of all walks of life. Learn great patient and customer service skills by interacting with people all hours of the day.
A fun experience
NURSING ASSISTANT INTERN (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIFebruary 18, 2017
It was a fun learning experience that provided hands on experience and training. I was able to work with other nurses and assistants and was able to learn through them. A typical day included going around room to room and check on different patients. I learned about different equipment Everyone there was very friendly and easy to approach whenever I had questions. The hardest part of the job was staying on my feet for long periods of time. But I did enjoy getting to know so many people and learning from them.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
There were no cons
high pace and intense workplace
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIFebruary 8, 2017
Working at Beaumont Hospital was a fun but high pace job. It required team work to make the operating rooms run successfully. All team members worked as a team to clean, set up, and assist with cases so the surgeons could have their surgical cases a success. During down times, we set up for the next day or stocked rooms to make it easier for cases to go smoothly as possible. For the most part, we were a happy team to work for and played as hard as we work together. All in all, it was a happy place to work for.
Pros
free bagels
Cons
must think well on your feet in an instant
I worked at Beaumont years ago and enjoyed working there. I had to leave in order to raise a family
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIFebruary 6, 2017
I worked for Beaumont Hospital years ago and have gained a lot of experience there. I recommend the hospital for anyone interested in the healthcare industry and advancement opportunities.
fun place to work
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIFebruary 3, 2017
I enjoy working for Beaumont I have learned how to communicate well with others. I have become more compassionate and caring. and I a have also learned how to manage my time

Want to know more about Beaumont Hospital?

Ask a question
A great place to work at and a fantastic organization in addition to that.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIJanuary 27, 2017
A great place to work and very competent coworkers as well. I thought the management was tolerant and always warned the employees of mistakes. A typical day of work included getting patient reports from outgoing nurses and then planning my night, as I worked nightshift.
Money, money, money
Lead Clinical Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIJanuary 26, 2017
Concerned more about the bottom dollar and less about patient care. Forcing Providers to see a certain amount of patients in order to keep up with new demands.
Great Place to Work
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Trenton, MIJanuary 12, 2017
I love the hospital, everyone is friendly, very knowledgeable and always willing to help with anything. I would love to permanently part of the hospital team, I can enhance my knowledge and learn more about my field.
Pros
So close to my house
Cons
To apply everything is online...
Productive and Fun place to work
OR Circulating Nurse (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIJanuary 12, 2017
Typical Day: Starts as being assigned to a room and taking care of patience for that day

Management: Good Management

Your Co-workers: very good co-workers, we work together well

Hardest part of the job: Being on call

Most enjoyable part of the job:Taking care of Patience
Pros
Taking care of patience
Cons
Short lunches
Exceptional company to work for in the Health Care Industry
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIJanuary 10, 2017
Beaumont Hospital provides excellent health care. They are one of the leading Health Care providers in their industry. I enjoyed being a part of a great team.
Pros
12 hour shifts
Cons
Midnight Shift
i wouldnt recommend for entry level positions unless you love the medical field.
ENVIRONMENTAL ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIDecember 30, 2016
I believe that Human Resources are racist any only facts or towards one race of people. The pay and benefits is okay, but they don't treat everyone equal.
N/a
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIDecember 27, 2016
Great place to work for and great people to work with. Beaumont definitely gives you the opportunity to grow and advance throughout the company as long as your compliant.
Great Place to Work
Vice President of Development (Current Employee) –  Grosse Pointe, MIDecember 12, 2016
Great place to work. Wonderful health system that goes above and beyond to meet the needs of it's patients and staff. Coworkers and incredible and team work is encouraged.
Positive work culture.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIDecember 12, 2016
Nice place to work, lots of resources available at all times. Staff is professional and accommodating. Nurses have autonomy to utilize their nursing practice. Friendly environment.
Great place to work with a good learning environment
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 29, 2016
Learned a lot, good patient to staff ratio, clean and updated facilities. Hospital has a really good reputation and does provide great patient care, the staff truly goes above and beyond to provide the best possible care.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beaumont Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2