Beaumont Hospital Employee Reviews

Great employer
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Trenton, MIDecember 5, 2017
Level two hospital with update rooms and services. Great staff. Supportive management. Festive for holidays. Flexible scheduling. Tuition reimbursement.
Good place for internship
Doctor - Intern (Former Employee) –  County DublinDecember 5, 2017
enjoyed working here during my time doing my internship in medicine after graduating medical school in ireland. This was the same place where I trained during medical school and I enjoyed my internship.
life there
Forte, GM, and Symbia (Former Employee) –  Dearbon, MIDecember 5, 2017
It was a busy department. It really helped me to gain a lot of knowledge and experience. Different cultures is there. There are some middle east population there and Chinese. It helped me to know how to deal with people from different culture and different language. I love the event there mostly about health.
Pros
cup cakes
Cons
long parking distance to the hospital
A typical day at work was very high paced work environment.
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grosse Pointe, MIDecember 2, 2017
Because of the fast paced work load it taught me to become very organized, motivated to complete all tasked timely and to become a better receptionist.
Fun workplace. Caring staff that takes pride in patient care
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Oakwood, MINovember 22, 2017
On a typical work day I engage with patients as I ensure a clean and safe environment for them. Giving them the opportunity to just say whats on their heart and reassuring them that they are in good hands at Beaumont. I try to make it my business to leave a smile as they deal with whatever their medical issues are.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
losing people
A patient-centered approach.
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MINovember 19, 2017
A typical day is fast-paced and patient-centered.
Management focuses on providing quality treatment.
The workplace culture is always evolving.
The most enjoyable part of the job is providing patient care.
Beaumont Health
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MINovember 18, 2017
Beaumont Hospital is a good place to work with good coworkers. I enjoy the people and what I do there but beaumont has been cutting for years. Its dragging alot of people down and people are leaving for better jobs.
good hospital
Staff Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MINovember 17, 2017
good hospital respiratory therapist dearborn michigan other locations throughout michigan many jobs available especially for nurses other jobs available
They forced many good people out.
Infrastructure Analyst (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MINovember 9, 2017
They just wanted people to leave so they could save money. The went right back into failing models like heavy middle management and not enough transparency. Not have the tools
to be successful.
Pros
Poeple
Cons
Seeing hurt people
Productive place to work
Telemetry Technician (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MINovember 9, 2017
The telemetry department is a great place to work. We are always challenged reading different heart rhythms. During our shift, we have many tasks to complete. Such as maintaining patients records, keeping track of telemetry orders as well as putting heart monitors on patients. The management and staff are all great to work with.
Pros
The staff
Cons
Working midnights can be tough sometimes
A day at work!
Health Information Technician (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MINovember 3, 2017
A typical day at work is working remotely from home coding medical charts for outpatient surgery - I work from work queue's. I code for CRNA,OB and misc problem charts.
Pros
working at home
Don't recommend
Patient Transporter (Lead) (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 27, 2017
No longer a place of team work, there is a distinct Stigma between each branch and unit of the hospital, Staff is great to patients, but horrendous to fellow team members, due to new management, Beaumont has really gone down hill, pay is lowest of the spectrum compared to surrounding hospitals, the stress is relatively low for this work environment, but your fellow co workers and management will make it unbearable.
Pros
Lower stress workplace compared to others.
Cons
short breaks, poor managment, low pay, little to no room for advancment, insurance prices keep going up.
Shanika Morgans' Beaumont Emoloye Review
Certified Nurse Assistant-ICU (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIOctober 26, 2017
I love working for Beaumont Dearborn. My coworkers and managers are awesome and great to work with. The atmosphere is amazing!!! Not to mention the pay is great!
stressful
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIOctober 25, 2017
The supervisor was very unprofessional and very disrespectful. The place was very stressful to work at. The environment was not welcoming at all, nor was the staff.
fast paced learning environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIOctober 20, 2017
A typical day is getting the patients in rooms, triaging patients, test, procedures and other medical assistant duties.
I learned a lot working for different doctors and assisting with different procedures.
The work culture is teamed based with learning. .
The hardest part of the job would be having to see patients suffer through a medical condition or the loss of a patient.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people.
Pros
benefits, paid vacation and holidays, over time, learning environment, pay increases
Cons
strict policies
Amazing staff
Patient Access Registrar (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIOctober 17, 2017
The Beaumont Hospital Taylor Campus has amazing staff to work with! I enjoyed going to work every single day.My supervisor was the best I have ever had.
fast paced
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Trenton, MIOctober 11, 2017
Fast paced job and have to deal with many different types of people during the day. The culture of the job is has many different views and sometimes people butt heads.
benefits
Cons
Expect to much out of workers
exceptional Hospital that Provides quality care to all Patients
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIOctober 10, 2017
My Job consist of releasing patients records to Doctor offices or Patients as requesting. I work in the heart of the hospital, for easy access for all patients from all parts of the hospital.

My management team is not located onsite but I have full accessibility to them whenever they are needed.

The workplace culture is patients first and professionalism

I have learned alot about the health care field in regards to medical terminology, and the healthcare software.

The hardest part of my job is seeing sick patients that you know you can not help.

The most enjoyable part of my job is helping each and every patient in a timely and professional manner.
Pros
Meet a lot of interesting individuals that can impact your life.
Cons
Pay rate for the type of position that I have
nice place to work
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Taylor, MIOctober 9, 2017
cool place to work. very fast paced. a very good hospital. well organized. very nice staff and managers. there are many mental heath patients in the area.
Stressful environment
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIOctober 9, 2017
The work environment its self is fine, but it is very hard to advance. The pay and benefits aren't good either. Management team not the easiest to get along with.
Pros
PTO time, hour long break, Starbucks
Cons
heath benefits, limited advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beaumont Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.