Beaumont Hospitals

Beaumont Hospitals Employer Reviews

Communications Department is not a good place to start
Operator (Former Employee), Royal OakDecember 8, 2014
Pros: chipotle
Cons: manger, alot of work for a little pay, high turnover
Communications department have horrible leaders. The operators do way too work for such little money. The manager is the worst she comes and goes with her attitude. Not the friendliness by no means. She will treat the office with Chipotle every now and then but you must believe it's not coming out of her pocket. The operators will help you because they – more... want you to stay but don't trust them. They talk about each and will stab you in the back. The turnover in this department is extremely high so that should tell you something. The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving at the end of my schedule. If you can work overtime or don't have a life or don't have children "this job is for you". Most of those women don't have a life or children so they don't get it. They have pets! – less
Lots of opportunities for advancement and perks.
Consumer Information Representative (Former Employee), Troy, MISeptember 23, 2014
Pros: tons of other opportunities for advancement to one of the 3 hospitals, job security
Cons: they can care less about a snow storm they don't close, management isn't very involved
I worked as a contingent consumer information representative in the call center in Troy. Scheduling was very accommodating, when I spoke up about needing more hours I got them. There were a lot of fun perks and opportunities for advancement as long as you kept your numbers up, and watched your attendance. There are a few gossipy women in that office – more... on Stephenson hwy bit they're harmless, just keep your business to yourself. – less
Beaumont Hospital
Infrastructure Analyst II (Former Employee), Troy, MIAugust 4, 2014
Pros: flexible managment open to ideas open to change with caution
Cons: pay is low not at market value. they will negotiate if your a superstar engineer.
High Stress environment due to no true policies being directed towards users and or management.

Other teams will just implement things which will in turn destroy something else and that team will have to come up with a solution to fix a problem that another team created.

My boss was pretty good.. bosses boss was pretty good team was well put together – more... although some where years behind on technology to really be of help.

Management was stuck in the 80's until i initiated some change. – less
#1 Hospital in Michigan...WHY???)
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Royal OakJuly 28, 2014
Pros: big name good from the outside looking in
Cons: pay, treatment, growth, care
I've been at Beaumont just over 6 years. when I was hired I was told we would receive raises I've received 2...(actually that's the entire hospital) WE DO NOT RECIEVE raised butare expected to bend over backwards for UNGRATEFUL patients and RUDE family members... There are many snake employees always trying to stab each other in the back after they – more... pretend to befriend you. Management is always contradicting. No perks No incentive to want to do better for the company constantly building things and adding to the hospital but NO PERKS to their employees... THEY DO NOT care about their employees. – less
Terrible Company. Crab in the barrel mentality- Very Low Morale
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Madison HeightsApril 8, 2014
Pros: pays very well
Cons: a lot of degradation & emotional abuse from mgt.
This was one of the worst jobs I ever had. They eat their young. Bullying is tolerated and promoted by management in some instances.
horrible place to work. worked in the communications department as a switchboard operator. bad management, too many chiefs and not enough indians.
Communications Dept. Switchboard Operator (Former Employee), Royal Oak MiOctober 23, 2013
Pros: its a sit down job and you can use your cellphone to go on the internet and txt if you so desire.
Cons: very limited team work, poor compensation
constant changing of schedules. 6-7 schedules before the last one is the actual "final one" grossly mismanaged department. highly stressed work environment, catty, backstabbing coworkers. poor training, I was there a year. the best thing I did was leave there to retain my sanity. pure HELL good luck. Not only are you a switchboard operator, you are – more... also an answering service for 700 doctors, which means your responsible for all their short commings too. glorified babysitter and the pay is garbage. – less
Excellent place to work
Certified Nursing Assisting (Current Employee), Troy, MISeptember 6, 2013
I arrive at work in the mrning and get my assignment. I then get report from the aide on the prvious shift. After report I start vitals and getting my patients ready for the day. Throughout the day I help my patients with therapy and activies of daily living. I work with alot of amazing people that have a great attitude at work and have good work ethics. – more... I have a wonderful manager that seems to get along with everyone on my floor. I also have an assistant manager that is very helpful and always aorund when she is needed. The hardest part about my job is when I have a very ill patient that is difficult to take care of. The part of my job I love the most is watching people progress and get to go home. – less
Great in beginning, Sour ending...
Recycle Management (Former Employee), Royal Oak, MIAugust 1, 2013
Pros: reliable work. $22k avg starting positions with benefits
Cons: too much over-head trying to hold back employee advancement.
My review can be perceived as a part of an over-all consensus morale of the entire Royal Oak Hospital campus.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the beginning, It was the best job I ever had. Morale was good, jobs were well managed under different Director and a different time--she – more... retired. and the great recession of 2007 began…

Downsizing led to a great number of layoff's and employee's being fired for a laundry list of individual reasons such as using phone while standing in line to punch out for day am (among others).

Today, I hear friends who talk about how miserable it is (Morale wise) to work at Beaumont.

-Pace of work was manageable. though, over recession work loaded up assignments of others work area's whose position was either eliminated or they were fired.

-I learned a lot about the medical field atmosphere/ careers/ employee interactions that were great and horrible.

-management picked favorites over hard work. I was one of the favorites in the beginning given the best of everything until I was no longer a favorite.

--I met some great people who I talk too to this day--great friends. Co-workers acted in some cases like children in high school. Words will never do justice to this point being said. It is wise to keep more to one's self in such environment (at least to which I was in).

--Sometimes (dependent in position) work can be demanding but then that virtually describes anywhere one works (I think). Overall--good structure.

--A corporate feel with reliable, backed business structure that consisted with a lot of benefits for employee. A plethora of stuff from insurance, discounts to wireless, consistent working hours, real advancement feel. etc... – less
Be leary of management
Retail Services (Former Employee), Royal Oak, MIApril 17, 2013
Pros: some great doctors and pleasant co-workers
I absolutely agree with the other reviews regarding bad management behavior and the mistreatment of the employees they're suppose to be managing. My department was indeed a hostile environment - created by management. It's a shame that's allowed to go on there otherwise it would be a nice to work.
New and exciting experiance
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Royal Oak, MIMarch 9, 2013
It was exciting to work at the project of my internship. I started as an intern and my main focus was to help create a brand new fitness facility. What was an empty building was being transformed into a gym. I learned about budgeting, scheduling and the importance of teamwork and communication. The management was good, but a little too laid back. The – more... hardest part of the job was maintaining a client load with very little traffic coming into the facility. – less
Work as hard as you can and no one cares
PFS call center rep (Former Employee), Troy, MIJanuary 12, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: fake people
You can take less calls in the PFS call center and make sure you resolve the callers issue and then they will not be calling right back, or you can be a superstar and take a million calls and not handle anyones issues and you will be rewarded. Management was terrible they treat you like you are in grade school. They write up a list of people who make – more... the most calls in a week and send out an e-mail stating those people can dress down in the middle of the week, not a nice environment at all. – less

July 10, 2013

Beaumont bought our small private practice in January. The corporate nonsense and politics is too much to take. None of the people I work with are happy anymore and the "higher ups" are all about Beaumont. They do not care about the employees and our needs. "Most respected team in town", I don't think so. Can't find another job fast enough.

Great palce to work
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Grosse Pointe, MIJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: corporate compliance
great people to work with great benefits, great working environment .. furting your education was looked great upon
Friendly Environment
Employee Health Plan Analyst (Current Employee), Troy, MIJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: some flexibility in work hours
Cons: difficult to advance without an mba
Coworkers help in any way they know how. Never asked to do something that was out of safety or comfort zone. I learned a lot about Health Insurance and other Benefits. Researching topics was always my strong suit just because I love the internet. I feel welcome every day.
Very good working staff as well as environment
Research Days Attendant (Current Employee), Royal Oak, MINovember 18, 2012
My days at work are very good and free flowing. I work in my building alone and make sure everything is done before I leave.
Royal Oak nuclear. pharmacy - be wary
former beaumont employee (Former Employee), Nuc. Pharm Royal OakJuly 22, 2012
Pros: good hospital
Cons: mediocre pay, uncaring management
Spent four months working at Royal Oak's nuclear pharmacy. Worse four months of my professional life. Pharmacy Director was abrasive, verbally abusive and openly bellicose . I've never worked with anybody before or since that could manufacture such a hostile work environment.

Your mileage my vary, but be wary...
If you like politics in the workplace, then this is for you.
Housekeeping (Current Employee), TroyJuly 22, 2012
Pros: nothing
Cons: no pay raises, parking is poor, policies are unfair.
Bathed in the "Good 'Ole Boys" mentality, and politics abound.
Very Concerning
Employee-former (Former Employee), Troy/Royal OakJuly 13, 2012
Every place has their ups and downs. Pros and Cons. Unfortunately this place was more of a "con". Management treats their employees poorly. Please ask around before applying and best to you.
A Wonderful Place to Work!
RN case manager (Former Employee), Royal Oak, MIJune 20, 2012
I loved working for Beaumont! My co-workers were wonderful! Management was great! The only reason that I left was because I moved to Florida.
Worked for 11 years and called it home.
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee), Grosse pointeFebruary 28, 2012
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: big corporation no values
Loved working there with my co workers but Beaumont treats you like a number and don't care about you as an individual.

March 1, 2013

I agree, been there a few times and noticed they just don't care about you as a individual.

About Beaumont Hospitals

Beaumont Health System is a three-hospital regional health system with more than 1,725 beds and more than 3,700 physicians along – Read more