Beauty Brands Employee Reviews

Fun workplace, not so good management
Beauty Concierge/Shift Manager/Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 19, 2016
I worked for Beauty Brands initially my senior year of high school in 2012. I was fortunate enough to be able to advance myself, and learned a lot of management skills from working in a specialty store, however there are a lot of false promises, most managers that I have worked with long term are confrontational and lack what many look for in management. There was always talk about the higher ups (AM and LM) at any location I worked at and the only thing that made it a pleasant experience was the customers and staff.
Pros
Discount on services and product
Cons
Poor management
Beauty Brands experience
Master Stylist and Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXOctober 31, 2016
Beauty Brands was a great place to work. There were some changes that were made over the five years I had worked there that I did not agree with. I believe that some of the changes that occurred were unethical.
Pros
Paid education
Cons
Management need to be trained correctly and have some managing within the law classes
Fun when I started then I moved to management
Client Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 11, 2016
Taking a management position was ideal at first but then I realized that the pay you get does not amount to the hours you put in and the stress you endure.
Horrible company to work for
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2016
Management never backs you up. Trained on the spot and throws you out on your own. Horrible customer service. Employees run the place because management doesn't care to have a good store.
Pros
discount
Cons
management
Productive and Amazing place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKNovember 30, 2016
Not only did I learn so many amazing products, I also met some incredible leaders in home office as well as associates and salon pros. The opportunity to move up is there as long as you have a passion and drive for this industry and people. Had it not been for my husbands job relocating us I would have definitely stayed!
Pros
Product knowledge
No Consistency
Senior Stylist (Current Employee) –  AZApril 28, 2016
I have been with this company for 5 years and am currently working with my tenth store manager. I have seen about 25-30 of the middle level and entry level managers come and go. Since hands are constantly changing there is little to no consistency which equals no success in the business. On a stylist end we are constantly out of supplies including color and chemicals. The scheduling is often not done correctly and client flow has dropped.
Cons
Inconsistent management
Fun job with great people
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COOctober 21, 2016
I loved having this as my first job. You got the perks of hanging out with awesome co-worker, plus the perk of being able to have an awesome discount on getting your hair done. You learned a lot about products, I would recommend this job. I met people that I will have in my life forever.
Fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 13, 2016
Great atmosphere but the pay was not the great. Some times felt over worked. It's not a job if you have major bills but it's great for part time job.
Pros
If you like make up and want a good way to start off then this is a fun place to start.
Cons
The pay isn't the great.
Okay job
Beauty Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 30, 2016
I found that working here there were not many opportunities for me as a growing artist but I did love all the people I worked with. Management could have been a little bit better. A typical day is very slow.
Cons
Pay rate
Very fun but be careful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 22, 2016
Beauty Brands is amazing and so is the management! Be careful if you work in the salon or spa though. There is an insane pressure to make NCE (non-commission earnings).
Good place to start out in the beauty industry.
Beauty Specialist - Educating Clients (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZDecember 8, 2016
Good place to start out in the beauty industry. I feel training could be better by managment. Clients where friendly and store carried good products.
good but not great
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXMay 20, 2016
as a shift manager you do not get compensated to justify the amount of responsibility on your shoulder. Management is not consistent, a store closed down, it was good while it lasted. It's and okay place to begin if you're a fresh out of school stylist.
Fun, productive, challenging
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 16, 2016
I absolutely loved my job at Beauty Brands. I loved being able to work with a very diverse group of people. I learned new things everyday! I loved, more than anything, to be able to help people. I loved to be able to help develop someone professionally and being able to help them grow into a successful, motivated individual was one of the most rewarding aspects of my job.
Pros
the people!!! clients and associates
Cons
work life balance
Bad Management/ Terrible Training/Very low Pay for what they expect
CSS (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJune 19, 2014
Typical day at work is pretty routine, everything you need to know is shown to you in a couple hours. Poor management no training by management they pass you off to one of the css who will show you how to use the register then show you how to clean. All the new people are eager and excited about their "new" job so those that have been there for a couple of months stand around or go into the break room and sit around. Lack of professionalism and management skills. Manager sits in her office all day and gossips about her employees with other employees. Managers promise you advancement but if your doing good numbers for them they will hold you back. Managers continue to send people out to pick up supplies for the salon, bank runs or for their lunches no compensation for mileage.
No Team Work, stylist are the bread & butter so they do not have follow the save standards as rest of the employees.
Pros
discount on product
Cons
poor management
NIce place to start
Salon Professional (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZJune 16, 2013
Beauty brands is nice place to start when you first get into the hair business, they have a healthy walk in clientele, great education and room for advancement. However, management could be better. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the managers, they are not stylist so they really can't relate to you and the job you do. The company is corporate so there some corporate politics. Overall it is a good place to start, learn, grow but not stay.
Pros
Education is great, walk ins are good, room for growth
Cons
management, they are not stylist therefore, they have no clue how to manage them
Great management, excellent educational opportunities
cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSFebruary 23, 2016
Management was good as a whole, there were some changes that should be made to ensure that everyone had a chance to advance. The education was outstanding!
Pros
Education
Cons
Cliques amongst co-workers
Educational
overworked management (Former Employee) –  ArkansasJuly 15, 2016
Great Idea for a Salon and store, Top Notch Products, and fragrance ,Fast paced .Great job to gain experience. A lot of turnover.
Pros
not many
Cons
too many to list
It's just like high school all over again.
Salon Manager (Former Employee) –  KansasJune 6, 2012
You are expected to do a lot of work for very little pay. The managers in general are usually young and constantly criticize everything you do/ say. Advancement is an option for stylists/ estheticians, but any other employee...forget about it. Very unorganized company and all about cliques.
Pros
good benefits for some
Cons
uprofessional employees and management, hateful, two faced, clique-oriented, managers often pick "favorites" and what they say goes.
Friendly cliental, good work environment.
Tanning Technician (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INJune 28, 2016
Love the environment, friendly, laid back and treat their employees with respect. Customers are very professional and classy.
merchandise Coordinator
Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 19, 2016
I would receive all shipments, which included over 50 totes of product. I would go through the manifest check every product in each tote. If all was correct I would put new product out on the floor. Each shipment took me about 2 days to finish. once I was finished. My job was to take certain aisles and re-do them according to new product.
Pros
Fun, by myself and hard work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beauty Brands. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9