Beauty Brands Employee Reviews

No Benefits
No training upon starting
Catty Co-workers
Favoritism
Low marketing for retail and salon appointments
No incentive
Relaxed and fun workplace
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 1, 2017
I was fun work place. You gain a lot of knowledge from the store it self to all the products you have come into the store, which is great. I personally learned a lot from them from retail to customer service!
Fun place to work. Management was not the greatest.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Independence, MOOctober 29, 2017
Great co workers!!!
Upper management will tell you what you want to hear then go behind your back and do something completely different. Friends will get promoted over experience.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Management, little to no communication, the css is overworked for what they get paid
Would be a great work place if there was better more prof4professional managers
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 25, 2017
They will run all over you if you let them very selfish money hungry company. This company is more concerned with money rather than their workers.....
Not what you except
Merchandise Coordinator / Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Ahwatukee, AZOctober 24, 2017
Beauty Brands is a Great place to shop, however working there is horrible. They do not give full time hours to anyone but Assitant managers and General Managers. The company give you discounts on salon services so thats a plus. They do have some great managers.
Okay workplace for people starting out
Shift manager (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INSeptember 22, 2017
Working at Beauty Brands was fun because of the coworkers but the place is poorly managed. I became a shift manager and it all went downhill. I loved the job but you can not do your job if you are not a team with other managers. Great place to work if you are just starting out and aren't relying on that pay to live.
Not a fun place to work
NAIL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSSeptember 17, 2017
The manager had no knowledge of the beauty industry. So much gossip and cliquey-ness. Wasn't fun to come into work after about a 3 months. The Corporation does make sense as how a CSS can move their way up to a General Manager in 6 years total working for the company.
Pros
a little discount
Cons
Management, Gossip Girls, Facility
Great place to work and grow!
Senior Stylist (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 29, 2017
The only issue I've ever had with the company as a whole is the lack of communication among upper management at times. Other than that its always been an amazing environment to work in. Very sad to leave.
Fun and Relatively Easy
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOAugust 15, 2017
Fun and relatively easy work place, but compensation is incredibly poor for non-salon staff. Lots of physical demands on the job, so must be able to do that, and demanding in regards to retail schedule, but easier than other physical jobs.
Pros
easy
Cons
poor pay
Stylist
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOAugust 9, 2017
My first job right out of Cosmetology school. I learned so much shadowing another stylist before getting my feet in the water. It was a great place to start.
Educational partime postion
CASHIER/BEAUTY ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 4, 2017
This was a part time job I took great interest in! The beauty Industry has always been something I take pretty seriously and as a student in high school, this job couldn't have prepared me more for the jobs Ive had since. I learned an overwhelmingly amount of information on hundreds of different beauty products! It was a bit intimidating, considering the hundreds of products I was responsible of selling, but It taught me a lesson I will have forever. New job? Just go for it!
Pros
Disounts and knowledge of hundreds of products
Cons
No advancement or Full-time oppurtunities
Nice work place
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 25, 2017
I learned a lot about customer service working at Beauty brands great people to work with love the beauty industry. After working their for a year they promoted me to beauty specialist!
Favoritism a downfall
Location Manager (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJuly 5, 2017
I initially enjoyed my first year with Beauty Brands but it became evidently clear there would be no room for growth based on current management. People were promoted based on favoritism and not on experience or work ethic.
great potential
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 2, 2017
this store had a lot of great potential. Management failed in many ways for a starting business. After working their for about five months this seem to take a dramatic change new managment came in and upgraded security issues.
The best 10 years of work history
Massage Therapist / Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 27, 2017
Great company to work for, great opportunities for growth and education. Good Benefits plan. Great commission for all salon and spa employees. Can't wait for them to come to Florida so i can rejoin them.
Pros
great pay scale
Cons
not in Florida yet
learned alot
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 15, 2017
as the lead aesthetician it was up to me to order products that i needs as well as ensure loyalty between my clients and the retail wall. i recommended products in my down time and set up appointments for brand representatives to come and teach me more.
Pros
staff
Cons
energy and traffic
wonderful place to work for
Beauty coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 13, 2017
I would have stayed with the company if I didn't have to move out of state. The clients were always friendly, and the co-workers were always willing to help you out.
Comfortable work place for experienced stylist
Customer Service Specalist/Stylist/Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 7, 2017
working here is nice because supplies are there for you whenever you need it, clients aren't very hard to get and its a comfortable working environment but it is mainly retail sales. it is not very comfortable or can be challenging depending on co workers and management.
Horrible
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 1, 2017
Min wage 12 to 20 hrs a week. Don't know who can live on that. Managers are lazy fat a***** who sit in the office all day eating and watching you on the cameras. Then smoke breaks every 5 mins
Pros
Discounts on salon and spa and products
Horrible workplace
CSS (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHMay 24, 2017
Rude, drama all around the work place. I would open the store with one if the managers and they had clicks all around the place I'm there to work and they caused drama that wasn't needed.