Beauty Brands

Beauty Brands Employer Reviews

Always busy, fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Watauga, TXOctober 27, 2014
It was a busy place , always something gooing on. It was nice to meet all the customers.
always busy
Guest Service Specialist/Merchandising Coordinator (Former Employee), Greenwood, INOctober 7, 2014
wether we had customers in the store there was always something to do.
Fast Paced and 100% satisfaction guarantee
Senior Stylist (Current Employee), Independence MOSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: benefits, vacation time
Cons: unstable income
Beauty Brands is a good salon to learn all that you will need to know for this industry. The diversity of clientele was one major benefit to working there. New ownership is bringing necessary improvements.
Great work environment
Staff Stylist (Former Employee), Lone Tree, COAugust 25, 2014
Cons: commute
Provided a great work atmosphere, awesome coworkers, great clientele, too far of a commute.
Love what I do
Esthetician (Former Employee), Greenwood, INJuly 29, 2014
Pros: my passion is esthetics
Cons: issues with manager. rest of the management staff was great.
I loved my clients. I loved the facial and waxing opportunities i got there. Great staff. We were like one big family. Became very close to most of my clients. I was their "therapist" while they were in my room. I loved that they trusted me with their personal issues.
Awesome place to work
Hair Stylist / Master Stylist (Former Employee), Lone Tree, COJuly 7, 2014
Awesome place to work. Tons of education provided, A lot of ways to excel. management works with the employees to keep them satisfied
Bad Management/ Terrible Training/Very low Pay for what they expect
CSS (Former Employee), ArizonaJune 19, 2014
Pros: discount on product
Cons: poor management
Typical day at work is pretty routine, everything you need to know is shown to you in a couple hours. Poor management no training by management they pass you off to one of the css who will show you how to use the register then show you how to clean. All the new people are eager and excited about their "new" job so those that have been there for a couple – more... of months stand around or go into the break room and sit around. Lack of professionalism and management skills. Manager sits in her office all day and gossips about her employees with other employees. Managers promise you advancement but if your doing good numbers for them they will hold you back. Managers continue to send people out to pick up supplies for the salon, bank runs or for their lunches no compensation for mileage.
No Team Work, stylist are the bread & butter so they do not have follow the save standards as rest of the employees. – less
Offered a lot both for staff and customers!
Assistant to Regional Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 17, 2014
Pros: all around great oppurtunity!
Cons: management often took advantage of their title
As a manager you were not required to handle customers which allowed you to ensure the staff had what they needed and the store was functioning well. The continued education was great! I also enjoyed the professionalism and the ability to train staff to feel great about following the companies Best Practices!
Small office atmosphere
Buyer (Current Employee), Kansas CityJune 1, 2014
Pros: coffee bar
Cons: job work/life balance
Typical day filled with marketing meetings, planning future promotions and budgets. Learn to prioritize, address store issues immediately and respond to numerous emails regarding stock issues and concerns. Ever changing management and ideals.
Ok company
Shift Manager/ Cosmetologist (Former Employee), Glendale, AZMay 21, 2014
Pros: fun environment
Cons: managemant
Ok company , management not supportive. Good work environment with some flexible hours.
Bad Management
Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee), Ahwatukee, AZMay 12, 2014
Pros: product
Cons: employees
The most fun part of this job was creationg my displays and working alone.
Fun environment
SALON-SPA COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 2, 2014
Pros: half off services, discounts on merchandise, the plaza location
Cons: short breaks, tough stylists, management
A typical day at work usually started out slow with daily opening duties (making duties list, making coffee, etc). Working at the Country Club Plaza always made for a busy day, and there was always something to do. Management wasn't always inspiring and at times made you feel like there was no choice. There was never really a hard part to being a Salon – more... Coordinator, once the training was over and you got into the groove of things, it all came pretty natural. The most enjoyable part of the job was the environment and getting salon services at 50% off. What I learned and took away from Beauty Brands was how to coordinate a salon/spa; on top of the experience that I already had. – less
Productive and interactive place with customers
Customer Service (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 29, 2014
Pros: high energy, good attitudes
Cons: healthcare
I would assist at least 300 customers during an 8 hour shift and help them with any questions. During downtime I would set up displays of products for new promotions of the month.
A job with a lot of benefits but not great people
CSS (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSApril 21, 2014
Pros: products, confident women
Cons: rude women
My day consisted of helping women with all sorts of small problems that could change the way they looked at themselves each morning.
I learned a ton of product knowledge i.e. how to keep your hair healthy, and how to apply makeup.
A place where makeup artists go to die.
"STUDIO" (COSMETICS) MANAGER (Former Employee), Katy, TxApril 2, 2014
Pros: fun coworkers
Cons: everything stated above.
Horrendously outdated, management did not know anything of what they were doing. Management changed every month or so, and nothing as to what I was expecting.
Fun filled days at this salon
Senior Stylist (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: continued education, some compesation on own money spent going to other education classes or hair shows, flexible scheduling
Cons: benefits for full time only. have to keep an average of 32 hours a week to keep benefits
Beauty Brands is a great place to work. The management works with your schedules for work and personal life. All the Stylist I have come across working with this company have been beyond amazing. Very smart and determined individuals who try to help with everything in the salon. The company offers continued education through classes taught by team members – more... who are trained in the education. – less
Good culture, bad execution
Associate (Former Employee), Frisco, TXJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: discounted services/ fun training seminars
Cons: bad management
Worked there for a short period of time. Like the company's culture and environment but training and advancement opportunities fell short.
The culture was amazing
Hairstylist (Current Employee), Broomfield, COJanuary 25, 2014
I enjoy working at Beauty Brands there just isn't much room for advancement. Looking and wanting to get back into the management side of the industry.
Beauty supply store and salon
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Keller, TXJanuary 25, 2014
At Beauty Brands, the customer was the main focus. We sold professional hair, skin and nail products with a hair salon in the back. Knowledge of the products was the main focus in helping find what the customer was needing. With the products ranging from $3-$200 it was very important to know and work with the budget of each person. The greatest part – more... of working here was to see the customer come back and tell us how great the products worked for them and boosted their self confidence just because it changed the way they looked or made them feel. – less
Typical day placed on resume
MIT/Salon Coordinator (Former Employee), Kansas City, MODecember 23, 2013
Pros: learned alot about running a salon
Cons: it takes effort to keep order and stability amongst the employees
Great opportunity to learn and grow management skills. All other daily duties are placed in resume, of course things change day to day. Which makes the atmosphere a fun environment.

1 2 3

About Beauty Brands

Beauty Brands has built a business that offers its customers one-stop shopping and nonstop primping. The company combines its – Read more