Beauty Schools of America Employee Reviews

Excellent School
Massage Therapist Student (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 20, 2016
The school gave me the opportunity to achieved my dreams as a therapist and gave me a better understanding of the beauty industry and allow me to create.
productive,team leadership, friendly enviroment
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 25, 2016
A productive and day full of happy customers focusing on them and there wants and needs, providing everything needed,days full of creativity and happiness. A team who works with one another in a professional manner.
"It's not what you know, but who you know."
N/A (Former Employee) –  Lake Park, FLMarch 23, 2016
Backstabbing & nasty management are the #1 problem. The mismanagement of money is #2. Hostile work environment. Many completely unprofessional employees in the hallways hollering all the time. My direct supervisor would NEVER actually talk with me: I might get an email now & again. Subordinates very disrespectful. From one day to the next, everyone I spoke with was afraid of being fired at any moment. Unfortunately, this was actually true!

What did I learn? Never trust anyone at any time!
Pros
NONE
Cons
How many words am I allowed here?
Cosmetology School
Admission Representative (Former Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FLJanuary 25, 2016
A typical day consist of me helping students, financial aid be . instructing class demo's and helping students service clients...
Pros
I was the first contact, multiple job duties, and hands skills.
Good place to work for.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 27, 2015
Overall good place to work for. The company is family owned and environment is family style. Lots of students and personalities. Fun, creative and inspiring people to come across.
Average
Regional Director of Field Operations (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 2, 2015
Confidential information.
I rather not elaborate or provide any comments at this time as I am bound by a confidential severance agreement with this employer.
fun work place with supportive management.
Licensed Massage Therapist Instructor (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLOctober 19, 2015
fun work place with supportive management. great place to work and grow as a therapist. I can work in peace teaching what I love the most.
Stable work place full of fun and creative professionals.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLSeptember 29, 2015
Make a decent stable living in a team where fun and creativity are enhanced through having the same team goals and passion. Inspiring and motivational environment to work in. You will always learn something new everyday. If you are in the beauty field, this is a nice place to work at that easily provides stability and adds professionalism to your resume.
Productive and fun worplace
Associate Director of Financial Aid (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 22, 2015
Supportive management .Big company help me to grow and develop my expectation.Multitask good environment with my coworkers.I love s my passion help the student to understand financial aid base on each person situation .Grow to be strong person and follow up the company expectations.
Pros
Free Lunch
Worst place to work, run now.....
Admissions (Current Employee) –  HialeahAugust 5, 2015
Low paying company in all schools. Worst Hr person that does not know what she is doing. Whatever she is told to do, she does....Too many politics. They are currently unable to pay us as employees. Just a bunch of dummies running the show.
Pros
Cons
all
Inexperienced management
Supplier (Former Employee) –  Multiple locationsJune 8, 2015
The owners of this company are unfamiliar with the operation of an educational institution. They hire industry people without educational experience, or educators without industry experience, sometimes with neither. In one advertisement for an instructor they asked for bilingual language ability but nothing else. Promotions and job placement are a matter of personal favoritism. Measurable competence and accomplishments are overlooked in favor of personal attractiveness and political connections. Executives may offer inducements, but seldom if ever deliver on their promises. Managers come and go with bewildering rapidity. Skilled administrators, e.g. management information specialists or curriculum specialists, may be laid off to meet short-term financial targets. Supplies, materials, and even utility bills may be shorted for the same reason.
Pros
Good industry to be in, promised benefits and opportunities
Cons
Failure to deliver on promises, atmosphere of insecurity
Great Upper Management. Future Benefit excellent
Cosmetology Educator (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 1, 2015
Excellent company to work for if you are working in the Miami locations. If working in Newer schools that are not provided as much attention as the top locations, not so great to be an employer.
Pros
Advanced Training and Workshops
Cons
Disorganization in Management and Curriculum
sobe
Associate Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLMay 17, 2015
it was a fun location since the day we opened the doors. lately, they have changed up many things and destroyed the bonds
best of luck to all
Positive and fun atmosphere
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, Fl.April 7, 2015
Learned so much as from a student to employee point of view. So many positive employees that make the place not feel like work. I learned many things from receptionist to file clerk to registrar data entry. The hardest part was trying to learn everything I could in a short time while attending to the tasks everyday and questions of teachers and students.
Very productive atmosphere and is conducing to learning
Cosmetology Instructor (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 7, 2015
Very enjoyable, learn a lot from other co-workers. enjoy educating others that come in for a career and not just looking for a job.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Financial Aid Officer (Former Employee) –  Miami FLMarch 9, 2015
Co-workers are great, we all work together and help each other out. The company it self is a good company, but they lack in making their employees feel appreciated. The company is delayed in giving staff raises. A lot of pressure goes into the admissions department to enroll new prospect.
Pros
secure
Cons
stressfull
Decent Pay/ Horrible Work Environment
Regional Director (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 12, 2014
This organization has numerous ethical/moral/ and legal issues in the for profit education sector. I would not advise working for this organization if you have morals/ values/ ethics, or you value any time off.
Inexperienced Management
Cosmetology Instructor (Former Employee) –  North Miami BeachNovember 5, 2014
Poor company structure.......... They hire based on who they know not what the candidate know.
Pros
non
Cons
rip off for students
TOO STRESSful
Employee (Current Employee) –  AllOctober 20, 2014
the COO is disrespectful. They do not value their employees and there is no job security. They talk to you nice in at first but then treat you like horrible. The turnover rate is ridiculously high! People are constantly leaving this place.. All campuses!
Pros
pay
Cons
distrspect, stress, unhappy
Great Company
Regional Admissions / Senior Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FloridaAugust 18, 2013
If you have the passion for the beauty industry and changing students life. This is a great company to work for. Amazing!!! Teachers and co-workers.

2.7