BEAUTY SYSTEMS GROUP Employee Reviews

Work environment in suitable for familys
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJanuary 19, 2017
Job description and interview was significantly different than what was expected on a daily basis.
Communication between workers and management was poor, leading to unknown and often changing standards. Creating a toxic and hostile work environment
Pros
Great people to work with within my same department
Cons
Management was not adaptable to workers needs
average work environment
Assistant Buyer- Liquids (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJanuary 17, 2017
My manager was excellent. She made work enjoyable. Company culture is lacking enthusiasm and inspiration. This company is behind on technology and trends. Morale is low within the employees because there isn't much incentive to "go the extra mile." We don't have company holiday parties or get free lunches.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
dull work environment
Great team environment, communication etc.
Picker (Former Employee) –  Greenville, OHFebruary 27, 2016
Fast paced loved the work and the people all the way up to management. Never knew what time you were getting off, and never had much overtime. The pay was horrible but I did really like my job.
Pros
Team environment, fast paced
Cons
Pay and benefits too high
Very Clean, Good Staff, Excellent Management, Accomodating and Supportive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDOctober 4, 2016
I enjoyed working with this company, but throughout the time I have spent with them, I did not see a long term package that could be available for me as a career incentive.
economy driven
Distributor Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 24, 2017
Meet lots of great creative people. Possible for travel and meeting industry leaders. Commission only position. If economy turns or your accounts lack ability to run financials correctly makes making a good living difficult depending on area. Otherwise lots of perks.Hard to compete with Sally Beauty Stores.
Very robot like work
Picker (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 7, 2017
The job itself was simple, not hard at all. Only con was everyday was the same routine, and I worked graveyard shift. It was very hard to stay up being that everyday it was the same routine.
Loved the clients, hate the company
Sales (Former Employee) –  USOctober 27, 2016
It used to be a good company. Now, they don't care about their employees anymore. Your biggest competitor is your own company. They set you up to fail. And don't care when you finally do;unless you are a man.
Pros
Free samples
Cons
Complete commission-with too many restrictions. A company that doesn't care about their employees
Okay place
Restocker/ inventory control (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCDecember 2, 2016
It wasn't the best but was a job.
Would only return if they offered more growth and cross training.
Damages are high their. Respect isn't the best around their.
Should highly recommended better managers and HR
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Managment
Receiving (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCFebruary 16, 2017
I enjoyed where i worked. The people were really nice. The managers were nice. i liked the area that i worked with. the hardest part of the job was the weather and being outside.
Good place to work and good benefits, lots of long hours
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, OHOctober 17, 2015
I love this job. Sometimes I feel as if the company doesn't care about your social life. Long hours. 10-11 hour days, 5 sometimes 6 days a week. They will say there is mandatory Saturdays and they won't even give you notice. Great coworkers and good money. Just very tiring.
Pros
Good money. Good Benefits
Cons
Long hours. Work saturdays
A day in the life
Show Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 5, 2017
This job is very fast pace and intense. It is rewarding with the relationships that are built but the workload can be unbearable at times.
Fun company to work for
Picker (Former Employee) –  Greenville, OHDecember 13, 2016
I loved working there but it was fast paced. Some of the co workers were friendly and helped out but there were others that let you struggle on your own.
Showing new products and educating Salons
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 10, 2013
The best part of my job was helping and assisting new and existing profesional salon's sales grow their business by trusting my judgement. They expected me to show up and educate them with all the new products and supplies.I worked a 2 week cycle and signed new accounts as well as servicing exsisting accounts.
I am extremly driven and have been in sales my entire career.I love building relationships and developing ways of generate sales for the salons as well as myself. It was a win/win situation.
I detailed with countless manufactuer reps promoting various promotions.I worked with my boss from time to time,but he knew I was not someone to worry about.
The hardest part of the job was if the competition took one of my products out of the salon.
The best part was cold calling and signing up new accounts with large orders.
Pros
driving 7 round trip hours to a sales meeting
Cons
quota's being raised every month
Great place to work if you are not the bread winner
Salon Consultant and Northwest Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Benicia, CAAugust 15, 2012
This is a great place to work if you are not the breadwinner and need a second income for your family. BSG offers a great benefits package with retirement and profit sharing. If you are a commissioned sales rep you will enjoy a great work life balance, however you will work long hours competing against Cosmoprof stores for your clients business. An average sales rep makes about $35k in commission annually. There are realistic goals and a lot of manufacture bonuses that make up your income.
Pros
great work life balance if you are a sales rep.
Cons
compete against own company with the stores.
Fun job with great benefits
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INApril 16, 2012
Was a fun company to work for. Great benefits and my direct managers were always supportive and eager to hear my ideas. I did not agree with the negative attitude from my Territory Manager. Instead of backing my staff and I with getting more mirrors for security, he was extremely negative and almost passive when it came to theft. Very disappointing. In fact, he never worked at the store level and he rarely saw eye to eye with me as a manager and my District Manager when it came to in-store operations.
Pros
great benefits/ environment
Cons
higher up management
productive place
receiving/shipping (Former Employee) –  Greenville, OHJanuary 24, 2015
good benefits and pay but way too much overtime and micro management not much opportunity for advancement should loosen the policy on re hiring people who quit good management,
Pros
good pay
Cons
too much overtime
Productive place
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 26, 2012
Fast working place rarely was able to sit down. company over all has great benefits and the company gives you the opportunity for advancement.
terrible place to work! work lots of OT and have no family time.
order processor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, OHMarch 20, 2012
The company doesn't care about employees or their families. I feel this place has no morals or values!
Cons
ot not good benefits
bad management
Returns Clerk, Merchandise Handler (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CA 93August 24, 2015
Labor intense expectations with management constantly telling us to work faster, favoritism. Co-workers are friendly and work well in a team-play environment. Management likes to intimidate employees and harassment females.
Pros
full-time hours, paycheck
Cons
management issues, long hours
Good and Bad place to work
Forklift Operator/Reciever (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMay 9, 2012
While working here I had some good tims and bad times. The position I worked was not bad, just the people I had to deal with. Some of the management were easy to work with and some are not. I have seen favortizism and other wrong doings in this plant but what can I do about it. I see them protect the ones they want to protect and get rid of others they want to get rid of. You can loose your job for too many different reasons
Pros
earn money
Cons
job security depends on too much things

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BEAUTY SYSTEMS GROUP. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9