BeavEx Employee Reviews in United States

prodcutive
IC Contractor (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXMay 26, 2016
Its a pleasure to be able to meet new people every day its a bonus to be able to use your own car to deliver your daily supplies. Good environment all from managers to co-workers.
Pros
felxisble hours
Cons
Not enough work pace
Beavex SUCKS !! Hostile environment !! Upper management swears, yells, belittles and gets away with it !!!
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Cromwell, CTMay 20, 2016
Beavex is by far the worst company I have ever worked for in my 35 years of experience in the transportation industry. The manager yells, screams, swears and will threaten your job as often as he can. I was told by the customers all he did was bash me and blame me for everything. He was reported to HR several times by many employees and still he has a job. DO NOT EVER THINK OF WORKING FOR BEAVEX !!! You will be ABUSED ..VERBALLY..MENTALLY..EMOTIONALLY !!
Pros
My co workers were awesome!!!
Cons
BEAVEX FN SUCKS !!!
meh
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAApril 20, 2016
Company does not do reviews. Therefore no raises. people have worked here for 2 years and haven't even received a cost of living raise
Cons
poor management. no raises
Not a fair company to work for
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 29, 2016
This is not a very professional place work at . there is no consistency and job security because there is a lot of favoritism
Keep away
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  East Rutherford, NJMarch 17, 2016
Upper management are a bunch of idiots. If hired they will use you and then make up an excuse to get rid of you. The whole time I was there they just psychologically abused me and the rest of the employees.
Pros
Cons
Its H E L L on earth
Very Shady wording.
Sub Contracted Courier (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 18, 2016
I contracted with Beavex for over 6 years. They tired to cut pay numerous of times. They label you as an independent contractor to save them money on more then one issue. If you look them up on the web you will see they have a lot of legal cases pending against them for this very issue. I would not recommend "working" for them. Very sleazy management. They expect you to bend over backwards for them, but when you need need something it takes an earth mover to get answers or what you need. I worked out of the Sacramento Hub. They had issues with settlements more then once, which resulted in delayed pay.
Pros
working alone.
Cons
Everything else.
deserves a Zero
driver (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJJanuary 23, 2016
I worked as driver and they tried to scam me out of money. I ended up calling labor board and got my money! Be Careful! Bad management, liars, withhold pay, long days with no break!
Cons
liars
It's lit, quite frankly.
warehouse (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJanuary 22, 2016
Day to day is very fast paced and I love that because An 8 hour day feels like a 4 hour day! My supervisor was very welcoming as well as the rest of the staff, it's a relaxed work environment, but you have to be doing something just like any job. The drivers are 1099, for the most part respectful individuals but sometimes they can get lazy with doing things within their job descriptions but just make sure you advise them better before you tell a supervisor(you don't want to look like a tattle)because it's nice. Oh and it's loud and smelly with propane, but I'm really enjoying it here!
Pros
Weekends off, Pay rate, Work/life balance, Relaxed work environment, breaks, supervisors/managers, professionalism
Cons
Drivers, weather environment, yelling
A good place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 8, 2015
Beavex was a good place to work, I oversee the whole operation in the charlotte location, with ten employee's and about 50 independent contractor drivers, I learned a lot about the politics of a big company. I loved working with the customers and keeping them satisfied with our services. I learned about TSA and OSHA and trained the employee, I did employee reviews, drivers settlement.
Pros
Quarterly Bonus
Cons
Health care benefits
Temporary but rewarding place to work.
Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  East Rutherford, NJNovember 10, 2015
The management and staff were very friendly and welcoming. Daily job duties and work loads varied. However, it was easy to adapt as the training that I received was excellent. After the training period, I was allowed to work very independently which allowed me to develop my own ideas and strategies, making me much more efficient at the job. If offered a permanent position at this company in the future, I would definitely work for them again.
Pros
Great pay, minimal supervision, growth potential
Cons
Temporary
Recently Bought Out By Investment Group
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAOctober 27, 2015
BeavEx was a great company for 25 years and always well respected. Once it was bought out and it's founder left the organization, it took a turn for the worst and has yet to recover. The management team they put in place has all but run off all of the veteran people who made the company good. They are operating on spreadsheets from afar rather than on the ground locally and the organization is suffering for it.
beavex
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 26, 2015
This company gives you the opportunity to travel all over southern California to transport for different companies that contract you.
Very Fast work Pace
Driver Service Representive (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAOctober 19, 2015
Help out the Independent contractors to make their jobs easier so they would be effective when delivering. I love working her, my co-worker were amazing. Management would have like to learn more from to grow. The most enjoyable part of the job, helping out the IC's and loving what I do.
Pros
Always Busy
I really enjoyed being an independent contractor because it enabled me to plot my own path when it came to decision making out in the field, which in
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 15, 2015
Fun place to work without to many restraints...All in all this company proved to be one of most effective and productive partakers of this industry.
Pros
Freedom and liberty
Cons
Pay could have be better
Dispaching
Contact physician (Former Employee) –  Broward CountySeptember 25, 2015
Dispatching small truck company. Daily inventory. Monitoring camera systems. Very fun place to work. I love working with my co workers. Everyone was so nice. The truckers were kind.
Self-Contracted Courier
Self-Contracted Courier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 4, 2015
Excellent company to work for. Directly responsible for picking up all mail at Bank of Americas headquarters and distributing all interoffice mail to numerous banks throughout the valley.
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GaAugust 10, 2015
Company focused on profit margin and little concern with employees. This company is suffering from lack of initiative and willingness to adapt to change. New ideas and change isn't something that is welcomed and need more focus on internal education.
Pros
Independent
Cons
Support
responsible for movement of inbound/outbound freight for metro GA
On-Site Supervisor and Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  College Park, GAAugust 6, 2015
this company was a great stepping stone for me to open new doors in dispatching. the company went thru some management changes, which changed the moral of the business
not happy
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 4, 2015
Not happy with job or management i`m subject to pay cuts and extra duties.I i`m a employee but classified as a I.C witch cost me money and benefits the company at my expense .witch is the reason i`m seeking alternate employment .co-workers are great and i will miss them as we have become friends.
Pros
not hard work
Cons
not properly compensated
small company
warehouse associate (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAJuly 27, 2015
The work place is fun to be around. its a small company with potential but needs more support from management.the job just needs to get done
Pros
part time nightshift
Cons
no breaks bad working conditions

2.6