Beazer Homes Employee Reviews

Bad Management
Builder (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 14, 2017
I worked for Beazer Homes to get experience. It was not a role that I saw myself lasting long in. Once I thought I got enough experience, I was ready to leave due to bad management.
Toxic culture yet great benefits
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 14, 2017
Great benefits and PTO policy with little to no job security or culture. I have the honor of working with a great team on multiple projects, but the company overall lacks support and a real purpose. If anything you can work here for a short time, gain great connections and leave understanding what makes a company great and how effective leaders uphold themselves. You learn by not having these qualities, that these things are important.
Pros
PTO Policy
Cons
Work life balance, no culture or purpose, under trained management
False representation of work life balance...
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 3, 2017
How can you have a balance when their expectation for work load is far higher than any other in the market and overall manpower is lacking. Divisional level was in handcuffs by Corporate and not allowed to make practical business decisions. Far to many managers that kick the can down the road and hold field staff responsible. Glad I found a new home and good riddens!
Pros
Field staff
Cons
A lot
Fast Paced Work Environment
CONSTRUCTION COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 29, 2017
My biggest complaint with Beazer Homes is the lack of Communication between departments. A lot of things would go much smoother is different departments communicated changes among other things.
Regional Director FP&A (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 10, 2017
Beazer is a place where "you can and you must". There is an expectancy of high performance. There isn't collaboration with management to figure things out, only a top down approach.
Loved this company
New Home Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 8, 2017
This is the first company that gave me the opportunity with no experience to get into real estate. I had the passion, they saw it and gave me an opportunity of a lifetime. I quickly moved up to be able to make an income I couldn't even dream of before working here. If they were still here locally I would jump on the team. I miss them in the Cincinnati Market. I learned a lot, met some great friends and never believed in a company as much as Beazer Homes. Best career experience I have had in my lifetime. It was sad to see them leave our market.
Driven work hard no time for slackers
Homebuilding Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 11, 2017
This company has high demands for employees to be extremely productive. It is not for the lazy or people who needs breaks or a slow place environment.
Employees were cut throat and back stabbers and management perputated behavior
New Home Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 7, 2017
Not a professional environment conducive to employees looking for long term job. Behavior came from top and consistent at local level. No opportunity for changes.
Pros
great homes
Cons
cut throat environment, not customer focused
Enjoyable
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 4, 2017
very busy - learned more about accounts payable - had a very supportive manager that didn't get mad if you made an error. She would teach you and explain to you anything you wanted to know about the accounts payable process.
Pros
Supportive Manager
Cons
too clicky
A nice company to work for
Host (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXAugust 23, 2017
Working & communicating effectively with customers & team-members throughout the sales, construction & warranty phases. Maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction
Pros
Friendly customers
Cons
N/a
Great Company
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJuly 26, 2017
I would recommend Beazer Homes to anyone who is looking for a opportunity with a company that ranks number one in customer satisfaction. Beazer homes is a great company.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Need more projects
Unstable Market
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Bear, DEJune 29, 2017
It was an unstable market to be in at that time from 2007-2008. Real Estate was not the place to be in at that time. Major layoffs occurred during recession.
Great model Locations, can cross sell
New Homes Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 16, 2017
I had the honor to meet some of the corporate personal and all were professional and welcoming to there company. I would work for Beazer Homes again. Very Balanced and truly care about there customers by listening to there needs and what important to them and keeping them in there budget with an honest approach.
Pros
There is always longevity with this company
Cons
Some locations may take your time to travel a little longer that you would want. BUT, It's worth it!
Job Seeker Beware
IT (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 12, 2017
This place has the highest turnover rate ever!

The company simply lacks the ability to keep good employees. This is in large part due to the cutthroat management approach that is driven from the top down, inconsistent approach to managing it's employees and failure to provide any sort of job security.

Job seekers avoid at all cost!
I would not recommend this company
Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 2, 2017
These scores reflect the company as a whole, not the market I worked in. Locally, I enjoyed the people I worked with and thought we had a pretty good team. We had good sales results, strong customer care and a great construction team, however, interference and crazy 'corporate' initiatives always put a damper on good spirits in the division.

Always good to be with a company where you are challenged and held accountable, however, Beazer fell way short of that. It's clearly a top down org and vision of sr management is not in line with other 'great' companies. They consistently lag behind innovation of other top ten builders and cling to 'worn out' pillars and their stagnant stock movement is evidence of that. Their purchasing initiatives at corporate level are non-existant and provides little assistance to the divisions. Plan development, design and even plan changes take FOOORRRREVVVERRR! Our P&D guy couldn't make a move without checking in first. Take-offs, budgets etc are a long lasting process, taking 9-12 months to take a product from concept to construction. Really don't get a lot of assistance from quite e few members of the corp team. There seems to be a lot of 'gotcha' moments and have no doubt that permeates from the top.

There are 'favorites' and it is almost humorous to hear two managers report similar results to the CEO while one is glossed over and the other is severely chastised. Like wise, you can just see the eyes roll when business plans are forced into unreasonable outcomes, then division management criticized for not reaching 'your number'.

I'm
  more... sure Beazer will continue on at least until they are able to adjust their debt structure enough to make them an attractive buy option. Until then, best of luck to the good people that remain. Just glad I am out.  less
Pros
Some great people in this company
Cons
Bonus structure is crazy, corp mettles to much in division day to day ops
Not willing to update plans to compete within market
REGIONAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 29, 2017
A solid builder. However, corporate not willing to make plan changes to satisfy the market. After I left the made some small strides to get get this done.
Pros
top 10 home builder
Cons
not flexible with customers
It was good but i was fired when they realized i was too young
Sign Spinner (Former Employee) –  Winchester, CAMarch 25, 2017
Beazers was just fine all in all. The payment was also fine at the minimum wage. The job of sign flipping was also fun enough. I was too young but i worked a full shift before i was fired for being under the minimum age and now i am old enough. Overall the conpany was great
Very fast pace workplace
Accounts Payable Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 22, 2017
The workday was always fast pace, days went very fast which I loved. We started the day with the mail from the day before which is always allot. I loved the fact that we all worked together as a family and got the job done.
Pros
very friendly and fast work pace
Cons
Not alot of cons here
Busy days
Builder (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 23, 2017
The days went by fast, working with the subcontractors was great. Home owners enjoy seeing the progress of their new homes.
Look Somewhere else!
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 16, 2017
Not a good or healthy place to work. I tried to stick it out for two years but I just could not take it any longer. Constantly being brow beat. Zero recognition, pay is good, but the fish stinks from the head down.
Pros
salary
Cons
none to think of

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beazer Homes. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7