Beazer Homes Employee Reviews

great company
builder, project manager home construction (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 3, 2015
excellent people to work with, many challenges and excitement. many opportunities and no lack of work, great customers and great working conditions
Knowledge is skill
New Home Counselor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDNovember 2, 2015
The toughest part of this job is the amount of time taken away from family. The best part is all the people you meet and have the opportunity to help in making their dream of home ownership a reality.
Pros
Meet a lot of different people, learning about construction, making dreams come true
Cons
working every weekend
Better to stay unemployed than to work here !!!
Builder (Current Employee) –  visited two other divisions and same kickbacksOctober 18, 2015
This is the worse company I've ever worked at !!!
Upper Management lives in a Parallel universe where lies become the truth over time
I was devasted to see the amount of secret deals that were made for subs to give kickbacks be it cash, free trips or other things
As soon as I find any type of job with a real builder I'm out of here
Pros
None unless you take kickbacks
Cons
Numerous
Only work at Beazer if you have no other options
Sales (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 9, 2015
Exhaust all other options before taking a job here. They don't have any future land, they overprice homes, do not offer competitive incentives and expect the be successful.
Pros
compensation is decent
Cons
The corporate team in ATL is not supportive, lives in a different reality. The CEO is a ruthless ego maniac.
Lot to learn
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 11, 2015
Beazer is a fast paced organization where hard work is required, and you will learn a lot of skills. Big company with some value for their employees.
showed houses
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Charles Town, WVJune 6, 2015
Showed houses, commission based plus salary, admin tasks, filing, copying, helped with closings, held open houses, cleaned
Pros
Laid back atmosphere
Cons
not enough hours or money
New Home Sales Associate
New Homes Sales Associate, Seller (Former Employee) –  Wantage, NJMay 21, 2015
Sales Associate for selling of New Home Construction. Company was enjoyable, co-workers were a team player. I would have continued with company if they did not go out of business in Sussex County, NJ
Pros
Sitting in new home construction
Cons
work on commission only
It was good; It was bad; It was fun; It was sad
Sr. Accounting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 1, 2015
I enjoyed working with the vendors. We would meet for lunch and they would pay as we talked about their accounts. I keep meticulous records so i was always able to make a great deal and have most overages written off. Management was a joke and there was rampant office affairs. The hardest part of the job was not being recognized when i was able to manage system changes and even assist in making it smoother. It was a large office and there were 20 co-workers or more. Most of the time we worked great as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting my forever friend that we still talk to this day every week. We worked great together. We never talked personal until our business was completed. We had the same mind set because sometimes our business was solving puzzles.
Pros
received bonuses and a large discount on a house
Cons
not being recognized
Good Homebuilder and fun to work for.
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Tempe AzJanuary 14, 2015
I had a great time working for Beazer. I was a back end superintendent with a great eye for detail so I did really well in their system. I pre-qualified more homes for Beazer than anyone I knew that worked there and we had a good time challenging each other to excellence. If it were not for an extremely generous offer from Camelot homes I would not have left.
Currently a Horrible Company to work for. stay away!
Land Development (Former Employee) –  Brea, caJanuary 7, 2015
Terrible new leadership, Hostile work environment ruled by fear. No integrity from leadership. Incompetent management
Cons
division president
Tough place to make a difference
Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 27, 2014
Upon joining it was a happy, collaborative, well-oiled machine. Under new leadership, you endure excessive verbal abuse, job loss threats and top execs distrusting the people they have put in decision making positions.
Pros
possible opportunity for advancement
Cons
verbal abuse and threats
Wonderful Commision package
New Home Sales Real Estate Agent (Former Employee) –  Litchfield Park ArizonaDecember 2, 2014
Show prospective buyers the models and home sites. Went over all pricing, did credit checks if it was a serious buyer, worked out payment plans according to their down payment. Explained HOA. Did construction final and design center options with the buyer and the sales contract.
Beazer Homes was a Wonderful company to work for, I worked with a great partner in a high end community, real estate started crashing and sales came to an end otherwise would not have left
Pros
free trips, lunches, and awards with perks
Cons
no cons
Eight hours wasn't enough time in a day to complete what was scheduled
Builder/Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDOctober 17, 2014
Typical day at work was adult sitting mainly, making sure the sub contractor is in the correct lot, following safety rules, meet with county inspectors, doing walk through/ orientations with purchasers,. adjusting dates and clicking off completed tasks in Buildpro, scheduling dates or work orders for customer service issues

I learned one of the sub contractor was unprofessional and difficult to complete their task when it was scheduled

A new set of management personnel took over that made a mess of the home building

Only a few of the co workers that I worked with are still there and they were great to work with.

The hardest part of the job was trying to get the sub contractor that wasn't coming out to do their task on the day they were scheduled, and agree on a date and time to do the task, I think they were short on manpower and couldn't handle the work load because they had all of the Maryland jobsites.

The most enjoyable part of the day is at the end when walking the lots making sure the sub contractor that was scheduled in that lot did do what was scheduled.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
gas allowance taken away
Adapts to changing economy; strong focus on customers
Accounts Payable Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 30, 2014
Managed eleven Accounts Payable staff (centralized AP staff for all of Beazer Homes).
All HR duties (interviews, approving time sheets, approving PTO, etc.)
Worded with multiple locations/company's (around 26+)
Processed stop payments
Processed 1099's and submitted to IRS annually
Processed check runs daily
Made sure the entire department ran smoothly, accurately and timely with entire accounts payable process (from receiving of invoices from Beazer locations, to accurate entry, to check runs).
Pros
learned a lot about the industry
productive impact on new construction
New home QA Inspector (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 9, 2014
designed and implemented inspection QA process.
Inspected new construction at various steps in building process and also trained new inspectors.
Learned to slow down and take the time to understand others points of view.
Builders did not like having internal inspectors view & evaluate their work. Over time I found the best builders welcomed our inspections as they realized it was a tool to help them improve the quality of the product.
Hardest part of the job was having to leave when the department was closed.
Most enjoyable part was seeing a builder congratulate his crew for a great inspection score.
Company was great to work for
Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 12, 2014
I enjoyed my time with Beazer Homes. They helped launch my career
Summary
VP of Purchasing, Estimating & Architecture (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 3, 2014
typical work day involved:
budgets, planning meetings, vendor pricing, job duties
Pros
managing staff
Cons
reducing staff
Builder
New Home Counselor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 10, 2014
In working for any New Home Builder, I believe Integrity & the customer are two important, key values that must never be overlooked.
Exciting place to work
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GADecember 3, 2013
I enjoyed learning about homes how they are build from the ground up and the process of selling a homes. I enjoyed being apart of a team and solving problems.
Pros
good pay
Cons
i was laid off
Entering Options
Buyer Options Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brea, CADecember 2, 2013
Became a very hostile environment from my boss.

Learned more about construction of new homes

Co-workers were educated and helprful

Dealing with a very mean boss was the hardest.
Pros
close to home
Cons
horrible, demeaning boss