Beazer Homes Employee Reviews

Very fast pace workplace
Accounts Payable Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 22, 2017
The workday was always fast pace, days went very fast which I loved. We started the day with the mail from the day before which is always allot. I loved the fact that we all worked together as a family and got the job done.
Pros
very friendly and fast work pace
Cons
Not alot of cons here
Busy days
Builder (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 23, 2017
The days went by fast, working with the subcontractors was great. Home owners enjoy seeing the progress of their new homes.
Look Somewhere else!
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 16, 2017
Not a good or healthy place to work. I tried to stick it out for two years but I just could not take it any longer. Constantly being brow beat. Zero recognition, pay is good, but the fish stinks from the head down.
Pros
salary
Cons
none to think of
Fantastic Group
Permits/Plan Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CADecember 18, 2016
The best work environment that I have experience. Very family oriented group. They were always doing special little events or luncheons to keep their employees excited about working for them.
Company only interested in bottom line
Design Studio Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL Tampa and JacksonvilleNovember 19, 2016
I was happy in first few years and then management changed.
The work was difficult and not appreciated by our management team.
I stayed for the money but they always found a way to reduce the commissions over the years.
I enjoyed being part of the leadership team and training and helping select materials that were offered in the studios.
Pros
Money was good
Cons
Hours horrible and not apprection of all the hard work from management
grate place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Brea, CANovember 15, 2016
good hard working guys and always welling to teach you what ever they could. I would love to go back to work with them at any time. meeting had a lot of good information
Decent work conditions, very safety consious.
Nationwide Builder (Former Employee) –  MarylandNovember 5, 2016
Co-workers are helpful and tend to care about each other. You are not required to work most weekends but there are certain times of the year when you will need to work many hours.
Pros
Usually have weekends off
Cons
Slow to advance personel
Very political and stressful work environment
New Home Counselor (Current Employee) –  United StatesOctober 29, 2016
If you want to succeed as a New Home Counselor you will need to work 60 hrs a week at least and adjust your schedule based on when the customer can meet with you. You will work every weekend. Compensation sounded good during the interview process, but it takes about two years to get there. Benefits are just okay and they just more than doubled. Management is very difficult to communicate with unless you are about to write a contract. Job Culture is very clickish. There is a lot of favortism which makes it difficult for a new person. Also what was promised during the interview as far a draw and hours changed immediately after my start date.
Pros
They only micromanage you when you are not selling
Cons
hours, culture, favortism
work load is more then the job requirements
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 20, 2016
A lot of work and not enough pay. Over worked; co-workers good; need more money to match the work involved. That is all I have to say leave me alone.
Pros
Great hours, benifits
Cons
working 2 to 3 jobs besides your own
Good company that continues to grow.
New Home Sales (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 23, 2016
Great company that was growing like crazy until the early stages of the crash. Laid off 25% of it's entire company to try and slow down but that is all in the past. They have great people guiding the company and looks like it is still a great place to work.
Stressful, not very rewarding and unrealistic corp performance measures
CRM/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 21, 2016
Cases pile up, trades are difficult to work with and too busy. The pay certainly is not worth the amount of work load and pressure put upon you. Your required to reach out to homeowners to bug them for an end of year survey which makes the senior management wealthier the more that come in. Down side is you can open a new can of worms when reaching out to survey due clients and they complain about a previous employee performance which can reflect negative on you. Totally crazy evaluation process's.
Pros
Bonus opportunity, pay mileage, good benefits
Cons
Bonus money minimal vs work, cars take a beating in around construction areas, strict corporate performance measures that are not fair and unbalanced and unrealistic.
Senior Estimator
Senior Estimator/Negotiator (Former Employee) –  West Chester OhioJune 21, 2016
Very good place to work. Company focus on team work and sharing workload to achieve common goals.
Company decised to pull out of the MidWest market due to poor sales. This was too bad because the Cincinnati market was one of the strongest areas they had in the Midwest. Lots of good people that worked very well together.
Pros
CLean, safe, friendly environment
Cons
very few
amazing profesional company
New Home Counselor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 9, 2016
Amazing manager support. The company take the time to listen to our recommendations on the real estate market. We get lots of training in selling techniques and how to deal with the different type of client like first time home buyers and investors.
No comment
Permit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAMay 15, 2016
I rather not comment on this company because I wasn't there long enough to make a fair and just review. There is no further information I can provide.
Bezer
Test Manager (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAMarch 29, 2016
Beazer Homes USA Inc., headquartered in Atlanta, is a top 10 national homebuilder with homes for sale across the United States. They build homes that meet and exceed ENERGY STARĀ® requirements while appealing to homebuyers at various price points across various demographic segments. In addition to saving energy, their homes allow personalization through our flexible floor plans and design upgrades
Pros & Cons ~ Take it or Leave it
New Home Sales Counselor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 19, 2016
I was hired by a different Division President who knew of my accolades and my ability. They assigned me to a neighborhood that had no phone line, no fax line, no signage, nothing plus was expected to perform on par with other sales counselors. Because I am who I am I was more than able to overcome these obstacles. My sales manager at the time gave the impression that whenever I called him I was "bothering" him...hmm...not given the tools to succeed and YOU'RE BOTHERED.

When new DP took over it was apparent that regardless of my stellar sales, closings and retention ability plus turning around communities that had extreme poor customer service track records, I was not one of "his guys."

Under the other DP I felt as though I was within a family oriented company. The new "guy" made it apparent that he did not care for my kind.
Pros
Incentives, Sales Support, Co-Workers
Cons
Division President
Best Builder in Colorado at that time.....
Construction Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 26, 2015
Great Builder, excellent leadership in Denver, Colorado office. I would work with them again if they started building in Colorado again.
Pros
Friendly place to work.
Cons
Not committed to the Colorado area long term
great company
builder, project manager home construction (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 3, 2015
excellent people to work with, many challenges and excitement. many opportunities and no lack of work, great customers and great working conditions
Knowledge is skill
New Home Counselor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDNovember 2, 2015
The toughest part of this job is the amount of time taken away from family. The best part is all the people you meet and have the opportunity to help in making their dream of home ownership a reality.
Pros
Meet a lot of different people, learning about construction, making dreams come true
Cons
working every weekend
Better to stay unemployed than to work here !!!
Builder (Current Employee) –  visited two other divisions and same kickbacksOctober 18, 2015
This is the worse company I've ever worked at !!!
Upper Management lives in a Parallel universe where lies become the truth over time
I was devasted to see the amount of secret deals that were made for subs to give kickbacks be it cash, free trips or other things
As soon as I find any type of job with a real builder I'm out of here
Pros
None unless you take kickbacks
Cons
Numerous

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beazer Homes. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7