bebe Stores, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Lack of Loyalty
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAJune 8, 2016
My entire experience with bebe was tainted by the way the company handled closing their 2b bebe locations. With only a few days of notice, we very casually received a call from our DM informing us that not only our location, but the entire 2b bebe division had been closed, and we were expected to handle the closing of the store professionally, knowing that we were all now unemployed. Our team watched as our store emptied as we were directed to have sale after sale for MONTHS, but we were never given so much as a warning. Awful.
Great company to work for!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 1, 2016
Bebe really knows to balance home and work life! The hours were great and the staff is very homely! I would definitely work for this company again if the situation approached itself again!
Pros
great vacation hours
Cons
n/a
loving
Stylist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMay 28, 2016
I have an absolute love for children. Here I was able to interact with other peoples children. The very first job that I was able to bring my kids to work on an off day and they actually enjoy themselves. All around fun.
Fun place to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 23, 2016
Awesome environment!
Lovable managers. Always a very busy and competitive place.
Hardest part of the job was standing all day shift long.
The most enjoyable was the holiday parties.
Pros
Free holiday parties
Cons
standing all day
Clean and fashionable workplace
Stylist (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 16, 2016
I loved working at Bebe. I got along with all of my coworkers, and build some friendships with some of them. I loved my managers, they were really nice. I loved working with the customers, and styling them. The hardest part was working 2 jobs. Working at a daycare and then going to Bebe was taking a tole on me, but the time I spent there was really amazing.
My Experience
Support Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 16, 2016
Working at bebe was a very amazing experience. Everyday that passed by I always learned something new and always had something to do.
Pros
Felt very comfortable where I worked
Cons
Half an hour breaks were not enough when doing overnight shifts
Great workplace environment
Sales Associate/Stylist (Former Employee) –  New York StateMay 14, 2016
Great company to help you grow as a sales associate. The company helps sales associates become improve on qualities required for the job.
This company is consumerism at its finest
Stylist (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 13, 2016
Bebe sells overpriced merchandise and pays their employees next to nothing. The commission sucks because obviously if you are not making sales, you don't get commission. On top of that if you don't make sales you don't get hours. The only way to get hours is if you are a manager. At any moment your hours could be cut because business isn't doing so well. I don't understand why a company that sells $129 dresses is paying their employees minimum wage. Sometimes my check was less than $300 for 2 weeks worth of work. How can anyone survive off that? In my opinion this company is greedy. Those at the top pocket all the money while those at the bottom struggle to make ends meet. And you're supposed to keep up with the trends on a $250 check?! One dress is worth half a paycheck. This job is for young people who have no real responsibilities. Ok so the discount is 50%, big deal! So what! If you can't afford the clothes and you work there 50% off isn't much. Your whole check can go right back to Bebe after buying 2 or 3 items. It's like modern day slavery honestly. The commission is probably great in cities that have lots of wealthy people who consistently come in & shop. Bottom line is if you don't care about making money and you just want to look cute, this is the job for you.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Minimum wage, no hours, poor management skills, no room for advancement
Blurred lines for position duties
Part­time stylist, associate and cashier (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 27, 2016
Great having clients and meeting new people, difficult when team is small and commission is craved by everyone. Teaches great seeling skills however!
Fast pace working environment, using time managment and being efficent and organized with tasks will make you a succesful manager.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 8, 2016
Fast pace working environment with many tasks at hand daily. I learned to be a leader as well as teamwork. Time management, organization, efficiency, a team player as well as independent is what I learned. Hardest part of the job would be getting all the tasks at hand done as well as creating a World Class Service environment at the same time. Most enjoyable part I would have to say is the joy on all the clients faces after achieving that complete successful look.
Exciting and fun environment for a workplace
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 4, 2016
A typical day at Bebe summed up in one word is adventurous. I have learned a lot about visual merchandising while at this job. The hardest part of this job was clocking out at the end of the day. Everyone got along and always got the job done at the end of the day. The most enjoyable part of the job was to take an old section of the store and transform it into a new look. Also dressing mannequins and setting the look for the windows was enjoyable as well.
Pros
Floor sets, dressing mannequins, window setting
Cons
Late nights
Revolving doors of leadership
Executive Assistant to Vice President, Design (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 1, 2016
low morale, long hours, lots of work with not a lot of appreciation. Lack of certainty regarding company strength and job security.
Work experience
stylist/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXMarch 25, 2016
I enjoyed working in retail dealing with customer satisfaction, ensuring that I could do everything possible to manage our customers needs according to their styles of dress. Working at bebe I met alot of different people and was able yo adjust to certain individuals style of dress, it was my job to make sure our clients were satisfied with the merchandise in our store and if not i'd do everything possible to make other suggestions to ensure that the customer received what they needed. I never showed favoritism, although alot of my clients were regular shoppers I still made sure that everyone was helped in a timely fashion
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 21, 2016
I love working at bebe the managers are very fun yet good at making sure we are hitting our goals. My co-workers make coming to work a blast.
What I learned.
Personal Stylist (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNMarch 17, 2016
As a personal stylist, you are up date with the daily fashion. It was fun to work with my co workers and to learn something new everyday; in-style heels, tops, bottoms, high-end makeup products, and fashion icons.
Friendly environment
Sales Associate/Mid-shift Supervisor, BEBE (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 10, 2016
BEBE is a great company to work for. If you want to make money you have to know your clients and provide excellent service.The management team is great, they will do their best to satisfy the clients and the employees as well. Tough when they are supposed to be.
My experience
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAFebruary 26, 2016
I honestly enjoyed working at Bebe Inc. during my time of employment, I feel that it's a great starter job. If you're big into fashion then this is the job for you, you get to dress up every day for work, try on merchandise and are even able to purchase merchandise at a discounted price. I would say it was a great experience, I learned how to multi-task, problem-solve and was able to work on my communication skills. What I feel that I've learned that will be most useful to me would be applying my acquired skills where necessary. I enjoyed closing down the store, and preparing the deposits, it gave me a sense of trust and responsibility. That's where I think management comes in, being able to teach these skills aren't always easy but being that I'm a fast learner I picked up things really fast. The only thing that I felt would be hard at times would be theft prevention, it's not always something you can prevent.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Minimum wage
Fun but terrible leadership
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAFebruary 25, 2016
I started at Bebe as an assistant manager, and was excited due to the fact that I loved the clothes, only for my experience to go terribly wrong due to the fact that the store manager was not good at leading a team. She was more caught on herself, and in a reaction the store was not a healthy place to work. While the company itself was fairly structured, it does not help if you are not under a strong manager. My co-workers were expected to learn their clientele, and expected to stay on trend which is a must if working for a stylish company such as Bebe. I appreciate the fact that the company was very hands on with their clients by making it easy to reach out to sister stores to find items that may not be in our inventory for our clients. The most enjoyable part about the job, really were the customers happiness after styling them and helping put together outfits.
Pros
40 percent discount
Cons
long floorsets, constant promo changes
Leading fashion giant !!!!
District Visual Merchandiser/ Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 20, 2016
Coming in knowing how things work. Everyday is a new journey . I have grown leaps and bounds. Starting as just a support and advancing to management. I love my coworkers and upper management.
Pros
Great benifits package and flexible schedule
Cons
Lots of down time depending on the store.
It was alright.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 17, 2016
At the time, I thought it was horrible but looking back I could've made a better effort. Pay was great. Full time with benefits.