bebe Stores, Inc. Employee Reviews

I'll miss this place
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 20, 2017
This is a pretty nice place to work. I like my co-workers, and enjoy most of my interactions with the clientele. I would prefer to work full time and make more per hour.
Bebe
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VIMay 18, 2017
Working at Bebe is a lot of work however it teaches you to work hard. Working in a fast pace environment helps with your work ethic.
Management at bebe is especially rewarding.
Great fun place to work
Lead Stylist (Former Employee) –  Perimeter MallMay 15, 2017
Bebe was a great place I enjoyed working there and meeting all the wonderful clients. My team and management was the best I enjoyed working with my team and having the ability to change a life one smile and dress at a time.
Fun workplace
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYMay 14, 2017
Bebe has very short staff , the company has potential to make a lot of money especially since all store locations are now going out of business . Other than that it is a great environment
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Short breaks
Sad Days at bebe
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 10, 2017
There were upsides of working at bebe when I started and the pay was good for the industry but the company culture was not good and as things got worse business wise things fell apart.
Pros
Salary, Colleagues
Cons
Bad Work Environment, Failing Company
Great Quality Clothing.
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 27, 2017
Wonderful place to work! Management team was always were very helpful. The The hardest part of the job was for me not to spend my whole paycheck on new outfits that came in regularly!Enjoyed assisting customers finding the perfect outfit.
Pros
Wonderful Management Great Discount Great Quality Clothing
Cons
Store location had horrible employee parking.
Awesome environment!
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 27, 2017
I would greet customers and ask if they were looking for somwthing specific. If the customers had any fashion wise questions I was there to help them create awesome looks with our different variety clothing.
High energy levels, fun place to work
Cashier/ Shift leader (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 26, 2017
The management always made you feel with a sense of belonging. They always gave us encouragement and the work environment felt upbeat and positive. The pay was okay for a starting job. The hours were not set they depended on your performance. It was a good part time job while in college.
Pros
Healthy work environment, worked as a team, selling clothes to women was not difficult
Cons
short 10min breaks, 30min lunches & thats how long it usually took to pickup lunch if didn't bring your own.
Fun place to work at
Co Manager (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAApril 21, 2017
It was the best job I've ever had. The community and the professionalism was exceptional and the company was great. Company was always looking to promote people from within and it had amazing benefits
Fun work place
Stylist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2017
Working here is fun the employees are friendly and the managers are awesome they work with you and doesn't make anything difficult about working here
Pros
Cons
50 off discount

Want to know more about bebe Stores, Inc.?

Ask a question
enjoyable part time job
Customer Service Floor Representative and Stylist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDApril 19, 2017
Assist clients in filling their needs. Assist clients in locating specific items in the store, Encourage purchase with value selling techniques.......
Pros
50% Off
Productive and amazing place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Central Valley, NYApril 17, 2017
The culture of this location is amazing. We all take pride in our successes swell as our opportunities. A typical day at Bebe is all about selling and ensuring our clients needs are satisfied. The management team are amazing and reliable. I learned a lot about fashion.
Pros
Great Flexibility and creativity
Cons
Shipment issues
Amazing company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 15, 2017
I loved working at Bebe for the past 13 years. The company really cared about its employees and our culture. It was very unfortunate that the company is closing all doors. I most likely would have stayed forever with them. We had the best clients and fashion that I could have ever asked for. Each work day was completely different which made the days fulfilling.
Great Learning Opportunity
Co-Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 5, 2017
I learned management skills with this company and worked with many amazing people during my time here. Every company has its ups-and-downs but with stores closing, I have nothing but gratitude for the opportunities I was presented.
fun working environment
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 4, 2017
working for this company made me learn how to clientele and be sales driven.base pay was based on commission if you work hard you'll make great money you can average from $20 to $50 a hour depending on how you work. hardest part was competing with other strong sales driven stylist.
Pros
having fun with your clients and co workers
Cons
not having the holidays off work.
Fun workplace, love the brand.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 4, 2017
Love the industry. Schedule is a bit daunting. Company pays much lower that the national average for manager. Clientelle seems to be changing for the brand.
Pros
Great brand, employee discount
Cons
not enough pay for the amount of work.
Cats and skirts
Stylist/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAApril 1, 2017
A day at work with Bebe would involve waking up and wondering what fashion icon you wanted to fashion yourself after.
The perks of the job are great! Awesome discounts, flexible schedule.
However, coming in as a new employee is hard because you need to create your own reputation if you don't come in with a client book.
It would be difficult when the veteran employees call every person that walks into the door their client.
A decent workplace with some management issues
Senior Global Windows Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 31, 2017
The company can be quite dysfunctional with regards to high level processes. Often teams responsible for creating, buying, and allocating the product are resistant to change, which has been one of the key factors in bebe's shrinking profits.

The quality of the management varies to a great degree. Certain managers are very high quality, but unqualified managers can stay in place for a long time with little accountability for leadership progress. Work-life balance also varies by team, but generally employees do not work longer than 9 hour days.

Overall, the quality of output by employees is very high.

The office setting is casual and visually attractive, and employees are given freedom to make the space their own.
Pros
great outdoor patio. hour long lunches. not long hours. pays well. hires good employees
Cons
weak product reputation. shrinking profits. some bad management. dysfunctional product cycle.
great company. but closing all stores
Sr. Manager, Retail Systems (Current Employee) –  Brisbane, CAMarch 30, 2017
company is changing business model. Closing all stores.
was great place to work ... but won't exist in current form.
.............................
great teams - fast paced
Sr. Merchandise Planner (Current Employee) –  Brisbane, CAMarch 30, 2017
good people - fast paced environment
Fun and fast culture. Great talented people to work with with various backgrounds. Opportunities to make a difference.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at bebe Stores, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.