Bechtel Employee Reviews

I can't believe this place sometimes
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 26, 2017
Backwards is just the first word I can use to describe this place without really exposing the nonsense.

Great CEO, just would like for real change to happen and some old-thinking management is in the way.

The best thing about the place are the coworkers...the one's that treat you right, not the one's that are sour.
Pros
Paycheck, Ceo
Cons
Just about everything else.
High Quality Work
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 26, 2017
A typical day at Bechtel starts with working on deliverables, gathering information required for completion of the task in hand, coordinating with other discipline, creating a calculation and providing input for drafting. It also includes tracking progress of other engineers, helping them with issues. All our projects are fast track, but we get adequate time to perform a quality job.
Pros
Very friendly work culture. High quality work.
Cons
Commute to Reston, VA from MD is long.
Great company
Civil/Structural Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 24, 2017
Bechtel as a whole is a great company to work for. They pay well and have great benefits. The 401k matching is the best that I've heard of. My only drawback to Bechtel is the work environment and the frequent moving. Usually the engineers will need to be stationed on site wherever the project may be unless you're one of the lucky ones to get a job in the office.
Bechtel is a great company to work for
CONSTRUCTION COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, NJJuly 22, 2017
I like working at Bechtel. Typical work day is often fast paced and hectic at times however its challenging and i have learned a lot and had the previlidge of working with knowledgable, experienced individuals.
Pros
Great people, inclusive, great training tools
Cons
job security although no job is guaranteed.
Productive company to work for
Paint blast foreman (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXJuly 20, 2017
I enjoyed working with this company. I learned a lot of new things with working with this company. The company offered great benefits for the employees.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
No complaints
Encourage Growth
Document Mangement Technican (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 19, 2017
I love how they encourage growth and movement in the company. I loved working here and would work here again. I learned engineering documents, Technical and non technical.
They have a clean workplace
helper (Former Employee) –  Cameron, LAJuly 19, 2017
A typical day at work is very fast paced. I learned how to grind and cut there. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the messy restrooms and muddy areas
Pros
30 minute breaks
Cons
Extremly hot area
easy work
Industrial carpenter (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 18, 2017
the jobs are easy because foreman and supervisors are all dummies who don't know anything but are related to someone up high in the company. all the supervisers wear gold rolex watches and there job duties include walking under loads,through danger tape and bragging about how big there paychecks are for not doing or knowing anything
Pros
easy work
Cons
trying to explain simple concepts to complete morans
Great EPC Company to work
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 14, 2017
Bechtel being very large and diversified EPC company, it is always a fun to work on various projects, and each project having its own, different needs and requirements, great challenge as well as rewarding and enriching experience.
Pros
Great exposure to all aspects of engineering field.
Cons
while working on projects and away from family, sometimes challenging.
Great job security but a little behind the times
Contract Manager (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJuly 11, 2017
BPMI is a great place to work with great people. If you take pride in what you do, you will get a lot out of it. However, it lacks flexibility and growth potential. It doesn't seem to be progressing like other companies.
Excellent company
Smartplant P&ID Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2017
I always felt like a value member of the team over the 10+ years I spent with Bechtel. They always went above and beyond to make sure we felt like people and not just numbers on a spreadsheet.
Pros
Great compensation, Great benefits
strong company
MRE PMO Manager (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 11, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Bechtel - good people - willingness to get the job done. Focus on doing the best job and continuous improvement. I would go back to Bechtel if the opportunity presents itself closer to my home.
Pros
good people and practices
Cons
working away from home
Productive company to be a part of as an employee
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXJuly 10, 2017
Open to ideas as long as they stay in the line of which everyone thinks. A lot of flexibility and very much educated in what the line of work they are preforming.
Pros
Great support team
productive
General Foreman of Pipe (Former Employee) –  Cameron, LAJuly 9, 2017
productive company to work for safety ordinated completive pay and holidays good work culture within the company provides insurance and other benefitrs
Project Work
Project Administrator I (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAJuly 9, 2017
Generous company to work for. Great benefits. Government contract jobs. Long term employment not guaranteed. Must be willing to transfer to advance. Not a lot of work in the United States.
Work
Procurement Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 5, 2017
Good flexible hours, good location in the Galleria area. Difficult in being hired as permanent after being contract for 4 months. They have a forced ranking in which those with more tenure end up in the positions after lay-offs.
good productive environment
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Sabine Parish, LAJuly 5, 2017
mangememt at bechtel was great they took the time with the employees daily to have morning meetings about safety n productivity be your brothers keeeper and the best experience i got on the job was laying out on a table top installing blockouts pipe penetrations and embeds
Good
Windows Administrator (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 3, 2017
I was having fun there but the work culture is not good but the earning is good so yea, i'll recommend it to someone who is looking for big money. Nice place to earn.
Very stressful, not safe, back stabbing, cut throat and poor management
Piping General Foreman (Former Employee) –  Gregory, TXJuly 2, 2017
I like Bechtel as a company and would work for them again, but the project in Gregory, Texas at the Cheniere LNG was, in my 40 years in the business, the most un-safe, poorly managed, stressful and cutthroat, projects I have ever been on, the absolute worse
Pros
Cons
Very stressful, not safe, back stabbing, cut throat and poor management
Hard company to work for
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 29, 2017
Big company and hard to work for. Great coworkers. Need some changes to be made especially with management. Otherwise it is a good company at this location.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
safety