Bechtel

Bechtel Employer Reviews

Excellent Company for Growth and Knowledge
Site Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee), Buena Park, CANovember 25, 2014
Pros: growth opportunities
Cons: lack of work in current market
I have worked for Bechtel for 15 years. During that time the Company has given me opportunities to grow and work in other Markets and countries. I continue to grow within my current market and work with a great group of people who make my job an interesting, fun place to work.
Great office and co-workers
Contract Senior Electrical Designer (Former Employee), Frederick, MDNovember 25, 2014
Pros: close to home
Supervision is supportive. As a contract designer I don't know about any of the company benefits.
Contracts Administrator (Current Employee), San Ramon, CANovember 21, 2014
Typical day: run/review reports, contract documents, electronically load documents into repository. Monitor planning schedules for site projects. Issue checks to Site Acquisition group for building permits; leases, titles, zoning permits etc.

The teams work well together and cross over as needed to complete jobs.
more things get done by accident
Millwright Journeyman (Former Employee), Cameron, LANovember 21, 2014
Walk over half mile in and out, in rain and wind it sucks. Most supervision is a poor joke, no experience building with cooridination between crafts. Most workers cooridinated between selves.
Work Life balance
Database Administrator (Former Employee), Richland, WANovember 20, 2014
Work Life balance was great and the people were fun to work with.
Global Team Leadership/ Environment
Project ES&H Training Lead (Former Employee), PeruNovember 19, 2014
Bechtel’s award winning global vision, core values, sustainability, communications, including project site and corporate management fostered great overall team spirit and benchmark success
A good place to work as long as the jobs are being awarded
Document Control Tech (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 19, 2014
Pros: good compensation for some
Cons: lack of advancement unless you are related to a higher-up
- Flex hours
- 9/80 (every other Friday off)
- Retirement contributions
- Values/Covenants

Only way to move up in Bechtel is working projects which means moving approximately every 2 to 3 years. Dealing with office politics at times can be overwhelming. At times significant mandatory overtime to get the job done. Not a good work life balance.
project manager
Consultant Senior Project Manager International (Former Employee), United USNovember 17, 2014
I have over 25 years of experience as a Senior Project Manager, Project Manager, and Project Controls Manager and expert advisor/witness and risk manager. I work for the Stake Holders best interests. My geographic diversities include North America, Caribbean, Central Asia, and Eastern Europe and South America.
Good company to work for if your willing to travel
Electrical Field Engineer (Current Employee), Spring City, TNNovember 10, 2014
Pros: great compensation/benefits, hands-on work
Cons: being away from family
- Great co-workers and atmoshpere
- Enjoy being able to be hands-on with my work
- Not to much micro-managing
- Hardest part of the job is working to nuclear standards and being away from my family
- Great compensation/benefits
High levels of Professionalism and Integrity
Senior Nuclear Licensing Specialist (Former Employee), Frederick, MDNovember 5, 2014
During my 14 years of assignments with Bechtel Group, the organization, including Bechtel Power Corporation comprehensively demonstrated high levels of professionalism and integrity.
Project in Colorado was fun place to work
Warehouse Manager / Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Pueblo, COOctober 31, 2014
I was in Colorado over 2 years with Bechtel, and the project was fun to work at. Worked 10 hour days, 4 day per week, learned a lot regarding government projects within the construction industry. t Managementnwas easy to work with.
Excellant Company
Lead Field Coordinator (Former Employee), New JerseyOctober 30, 2014
Excellant Company one of the best to work for. they give you everything you need to do your job, if you need just ask.
It was a nice place to work
Laborer (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 28, 2014
We put out water, filled gas cans, picked up trash, pumped water and whatever was needed we did it. I enjoyed the people I worked with, met new friends. I had a great supervisor, I just wished I could have worked longer. The hardest part of the job was, I didn't have none because I don't mine working. I will do the best that I can do to get the job – more... done. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I and the labor crew I worked with was recognized for the best work station and toolboxes. I was given a gift card and I was only there for three days. You give me a job to do and I will do it to the best of my ability. – less
More positive than negative
Global Director of Human Resources (Current Employee), MarylandOctober 24, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule, 9/80, retirement
Cons: health benefits, old boys network, lack of advancement if not mobile
Opportunities for advancement for women and employees of color is very limited, particularly if you are a single parent. The culture does not seem to recognize the leadership potential in cultural or gender differences.

The team environment is well developed, but being recognized and valued for skills is tough unless you are tapped early as a high – more... potential. – less
Great Company with longevity
International Payroll Processor (Current Employee), Glendale, AZOctober 17, 2014
Very fast-paced position working within the Expatriate Payroll Dept.
great
Laborer Foreman (Former Employee), New Strawn, KSOctober 12, 2014
Pros: ability to move up
Cons: long hours
a standard construction job learned new ways to preform tasks had no problems with management they were very helpful co-workers were very knowledgeable hardest past of the job was 72+ hours a week best part was completing the project it gave a rewarding feeling of accomplishment
Great Place to Work
Mail Courier (Current Employee), Richmond, KYOctober 8, 2014
Great Place to Work. Good people. All is good at this business.
best place to be at safety members and foreman take good care of you
Journeyman Carpenter (Former Employee), sabine pass lousianaOctober 7, 2014
Pros: company will give us bonus checks n free lunch
Cons: no cons
everyone getting along with each other and working as a team to get the job done before the due date
Good Company, Great Experience
Instrument and Controls Design Engineer (Current Employee), Spring City, TNOctober 7, 2014
Largest Engineering and Construction company in the world. Ability to obtain great amount of experience.
Very Productive
Pipefitter & Ironworker Helper (Former Employee), Port Arthur, TXOctober 2, 2014
Pros: free bus rides
My day was the same but had different tasks. I learned a lot from assembling and installing pipe systems and pipe support, to ensuring the ground is prepped and trenches dug out for the pipes. I aligned pipes and seals joints together with cement or glue. Management was stick making sure everything had to perfect. The work environment between co-workers – more... was constant communication all day. Being alert and persisting all day was the hardest part on extremely hot days. The learning that took place while was my most enjoyable part of the job. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Bechtel

Bechtel (BEK tl) is the world's No. 1 choice for engineering, construction, and project management. Their diverse portfolio – Read more