Bechtel

Bechtel Employee Reviews

Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 25, 2015
Pros: work schedule & benefits
Great place to work, but job security may lack depending on the economy. Working on projects is a great way to get exposure to different avenues in the business. Management will only help you if there is an opening at another project. Co-workers are good to communicate with, buyers in procurement can lack in the department.
Productive and fun work place, lots to learn
CSA Engineer (Former Employee), Oakland, CAJuly 20, 2015
A very large private company with several branches in various specializations (Government Contracts, Metal and Mining, Energy, etc.) all related to design, engineering, and construction.
Most people who work here practice ways to cultivate an optimistic attitude when it comes to completing challenging projects. It takes flexibility and desire to work with others, willing to accept constructive criticism, and an overwhelming source of intelligence combined with high motivation to work here due to the complexity of every task. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that at the end of the day, you have either contributed to or have accomplished something great and meaningful to society.
Bechtel is the leader in turf vendors in wireless
Construction Project Manager (Former Employee), Glendale, AZJuly 20, 2015
What I knew about Bechtel was that they built Major bridge expanses and Nuclear Power plants what I didn't know is that they had the backbone to set Clients straight. Often times the customer is wrong and Bechtel had the forthright to make things right.
Paid well but worst experience of my life
IS&IT Intern (Former Employee), Pueblo, COJuly 18, 2015
Pros: They paid me well for an intern
Cons: Blackmail, harassment
Management will lie to your face and the company is very secretive. If google "bechtel conspiracy" you find a book called "Friends In High Places: The Bechtel Story : The Most Secret Corporation and How It Engineered the World" . I can honestly say after working here that this book is probably pretty accurate. They HATE whistleblowers.

Bechtel uses their DOD contracts to their advantage to avoid lawsuits. I witness something unethical and I was sent to a psychic unit involuntary and told that I was just " delusional". From there I was drugged on high amounts of Risperdale and told that If did not take the medication I would be release from the psyh unit and I would lose my job.

I had my phones tapped and was repeatedly blackmailed to never talk about anything what happened.

I have seen multiple medical professionals outside the company and was told I only had a bit of anxiety. Probably from this F*cking Hellhole!!!
Great Company
SENIOR FINANCIAL AUDITOR (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 9, 2015
Great Company, terrific projects, very stable. International locations; lucrative compensation. Highly recommended
Bechtel is an ok place to work
Mechanical Designer (Former Employee), Frederick, MdJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Good pay, alright benefits
Cons: Heavy layoffs, very corporate environment
Most people there were old so the work environment wasn't the best. Also their age made learning a bit more difficult, many of them knew the answers because thats what they did for 20+ years, but they had forgotten why it was the answer, or had not even challenged it. Management struggles to win jobs.
Productive place to work
Pipe Fittr Helper (Former Employee), Cameron, LAJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Good coworkers
Cons: None
I enjoyed meeting new people, The coworkers show you what you did wrong and how to correct it myself in an appropriate way. The hardest part of this job was learning the materials.
Management has no respect for those who make them successful
Sr. Technical and Procedure Writer (Former Employee), Richland, WAJuly 3, 2015
Even with individual awards, quality coin awards, etc., for some reason, the word of one person against another outweighs the work one performs. I think management needs a major overehaul and may be the reason that management turns over every 3 years.
Learned a lot from industry professionals
Survey Crew Chief (Current Employee), Richmond, KYJune 29, 2015
Pros: long turm job with all tools provided
Cons: had a lot of plan changes do to it beening a 1 of a kind facility
I was happy to be able to work directly with field engineering and superintendents, they were more than happy to share knowledge and past experiences, they also were willing to take advice and lesion to new ideas and my past experience's as well. Team work is always the best way to complete jobs safely and on time.
Good and engaging place to work with great people
Workforce Development Manager (Former Employee), Baytown, TexasJune 23, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and co-workers, real team atmosphere.
Cons: Long work hours, weekly 56+ hours
I would recommend working for Bechtel to anyone who would like a challenging place to work with great opportunities. A great place for anyone looking for growing assignments and multiple locations.
A good solid engineering company that treats its employees very well.
Electrical Senior Designer III (Former Employee), Spring City, TNJune 20, 2015
Bechtel hired me straight out of the Marine Corps and treated me very well for over forty years. The work was very satisfying and it was a pleasure to work for a family owned company with safety and quality as their foremost goals.
Good Pay, poor work life balance
Field Coordinator (Former Employee), San Ramon, CAJune 20, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: Big company red tape/processes
Its a mega huge company that pays great with great benefits. If you like processes, climbing the ladder, and big jobs then this is the place for you. If you want to get some real work done and not feel like you getting bogged down by big company red tape, then maybe look elsewhere.
Current Responsibilites
Records Technician (Current Employee), Frederick, MDJune 18, 2015
Facilitate clear and constant communications on a project basis from design, to supply, to production. Effectively support and solve client/contractor challenges while maintaining deadlines and managing quality control.
New opportunities abound
Sr. Project Procedure Specialist (Former Employee), Richland, WAJune 17, 2015
Excellent company. Amazing benefits. If you know the right people, you can advance anywhere. Could be a truly amazing place to work if the employees' voices were . heard
Family oriented, cares about their employees moral.
Market Records Tech / DSW Telecom (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 9, 2015
Pros: 401K Plan/Match is great, company/employee/family events, good benefits and pay.
Cons: Most of the jobs are linked to a project which is temporary and will eventually end, so your job may be over in a couple of months or a few years.
Uploaded documents to client and Bechtel's databases. Construction close-out of deliverables. SARC package review and submittal to client.

My co-workers were all very nice and respectful. The company cares about employee moral and is always doing fun things to show employees their appreciation. Most of the things they participate in include your family as well.

They have a great 401 K plan/match.
Top company in the industry
Corporate Project Management (Former Employee), Reston, VAJune 9, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: New locaton
Flexible schedule: flextime or 9/80 schedule.
I started at 6:30A
My manager changed about every 2 years.
There were no other co-workers in my group but I interacted with others in various departments.
The hardest part was that I didn't always have day-to-day direction.
The most enjoyable part that I could work independently,.
Electrical Engineer with designing medium and low voltage power distribution systems
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJune 8, 2015
Good working environment. Team work spirit. Good supervisor to work with. Good benefits with 401 Plan.

Good place to learn about job and apply
Great place to work with professional people
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Frederick, MDJune 8, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, vacation time, and community involvement
Cons: Work can be very stressful with deadlines and budgets
Bechtel is a great innovative and current company that provides support for projects to work on bridges, power plants, communication, construction and much more. Employees have opportunities to excel and travel and work with co-workers that are professional and team players.
Huge company, no such thing as work life balance
Just a tool (Former Employee), Global, WorldMay 31, 2015
Huge company, no such thing as work life balance. Its all about who you know. You are just a tool they use you until you wearout then you are replaced.
very unorganized, very little management willing to stand up for their hand
heavy equipment operator (Current Employee), Baytown, TexasMay 29, 2015
Pros: decent pay
Cons: everything else
Nrg project in Baytown, horrible place to work. Threatened with your job everyday by dirt works superintendent. No organization, very poor planning and a lot of waste because ExxonMobil foots the bill! Great people to work with but everybody's so job scared, can't believe it!

1 2 3 4 5

About Bechtel

Bechtel (BEK tl) is the world's No. 1 choice for engineering, construction, and project management. Their diverse portfolio – Read more

Bechtel Salaries