Bechtel

Bechtel Employer Reviews

Liked the company
Project Controls Engineer Intern, (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VAFebruary 27, 2015
I liked Bechtel as an intern. It was a laid back atmosphere where I worked specifically in Glen Allen . The people are very nice. Supposedly you have to be willing to travel for them if your full time however.
Great company with a rock solid reputation and employee rewards program
Field Engineer (Former Employee), Bloomfield, NJFebruary 25, 2015
Bechtel will always have work and is the king of technical expertise. I have had the pleasure of sharing many projects with people much smarter than myself! Always a player in the construction industry and takes good care of their people.
Great people to work with.
Data entry in Teamwork's for welds (Current Employee), Cameron, LAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: the pay, as well as benefits, and also traveling. we also get insentives, such as, jackets and shirts and gift cards.
Cons: the hardest part is working with three new supervisors in the last year, and turnover on construction jobs are vary high.
Everyday is a new learning experience. I have learned more about the process of building a LNG plant. I work in the welding dept. and is the department that has the most power on a new construction job. The welding dept. has the final say if a job has been completed. My co-workers are great to work with and we work well together as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning a new task and meeting new people.
valuable internship experience
Finance and Accounting Intern (Former Employee), Shanghai CityFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: nice working environment
Cons: heavy workload
• Accounts Payables: Processed daily incoming invoices and made payments via e-banking
• Archived and scanned payment vouchers and uploaded to Bechtel Global File Net system
• Assisted Finance Manager to review monthly trial balance and gross margin report
• Audited expense reports of expatriates and national employees per Bechtel procedures
Cash management and treasury: prepared monthly cash flow and worked with Bechtel offshore to evaluate the foreign currency hedging strategy
Safe place to work.
Ironworker/Welder (Former Employee), Homestead, FLFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: good pay. good safety
Cons: so.etimes unorganized.
Good safety culture. If its not safe dont do it. Thats thier safety motto. Zero injuries are thier safety goals. They believe all accidents are preventable.
Great Benefits - Poor Job Security Unless you are willing to Relocate Constantly
Licensing Engineer III (Former Employee), Frederick, MDFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: awesome benefits
Cons: volatility in the work causing frequent layoffs
A typical day at work involved working on one or more deliverables as a system responsible engineer. It was very easy to plan everything, a charge code was easy to come by, and because of the planning, overtime was rarely needed. I got to experience the licensing side of nuclear plant design, and I loved it. It was great to dig into the regulatory guidance and figure out why things were designed a certain way. Management was very in touch on my project. There were monthly celebrations (birthdays, milestones such as obtaining an FE or PE, company or project anniversaries), and the project manager tried very hard to ensure everyone was treated like family. And they succeeded. The people on the project were awesome. When I got laid off, it was the toughest thing I've ever done to leave those people. The hardest part of the job was the inter-discipline interfaces. There were a couple of disciplines who were very contentious (mechanical vs. I&C) and engineering was very contentious with licensing because many of the engineers came from a fossil background where licensing and regulatory oversight aren't part of the job. My experience was all nuclear, so I had little trouble understanding the whys and wherefores. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. It was just a great group of individuals and it really was a family. I miss my time there. The benefits were amazing (up to 5 weeks of PTO if you're willing to buy a week, great healthcare, every other Friday off, and two extra holidays - MLK day and President's day). The job security ended up being not so great. The project I was on was downstaffed by 90% and not all members of the project were able to be kept on by the company or it's other subsidiaries.
Productive and fun work place. Excellent team work
Contracts Admin (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: enjoyable work environment
Cons: very difficult to be considered for department transfers
Excellent Company to work for. The journey was amazing. Excellent management and co-workers. Job Security is not that great unless you are able to transfer both domestic and international every 1 - 2 years. Working on a specific project can be tough once you have reached a certain age and not able to transfer. This company is very degree oriented; hence higher education is a preference for consideration of advancement. Unfortunately the project I was on slowed down and reduction in staff was a necessity. I would work for this company again, given the opportunity.
great job
Rigging Foreman over Riggers and Operators (Former Employee), Burlington, KSFebruary 15, 2015
Making Heavy, medium and light lifts and critical lifts also tandem lifts.
Working with several riggers and operators and cranes of all sizes from 15 ton to 220 ton cranes rubber tire and crawler.
Awesome management team poor stability
Project Construction Administrator (Former Employee), Buena Park, CAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: environment with colleges
Cons: no stability at all. little on the job training
I really loved working here. Never was micro managed but of course you can never put your guard completely down. As long as you performed well you were fine. Work could be very over whelming at times. Management was awesome. There was a laid back environment and a great sense of humor in the office.
great place to work
Ironworker/Material Management (Former Employee), Oak Creek, WIFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: job assignment to short
I met a lot of great people when I worked here. Plenty of training and advancement if you wanted it. I wish I could have worked here longer but my job was finished and I had to move on.
Excellent Etics and Procedures
Senior Project Engineering (Former Employee), Houston, TexasFebruary 9, 2015
It is one of the Best EPC companies ever seen in my life.
If they have work they are the best.
Management is very well trained and educated. Co-workers are very nice. Is very diversified company and they train there people with quality.
Great
Superintendent (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 7, 2015
Great place to work, lots of travel, great benefits, moved from Phoenix AZ to New York to run the New York market. Learned a lot about safety in the work place.
Overall experience and salary was acceptable
Iron worker at Sabine Pass (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 5, 2015
I worked in a lay down yard. I am a journeyman iron worker, but I did learn few tips.Co-workers were team players I did not have any negative problems while at Bechtel.
My room-mate's tool box was broken into and the tools were stolen. He made a complaint to management and was laid off the next day.Since I rode with him coming in from Texas, I had to leave the job also..
It was an enjoyable experience to work for Bechtel.
Electrical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Marissa, ILFebruary 2, 2015
I performed numerous office administration duties and had a chance to become acquainted with many who have worked for years with Bechtel. I would work for them again in the future if I found a suitable job.
Fun place to work
Senior Piping Designer (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 25, 2015
Treated well
good benefits
commute not good in galleria area
Large company with great opportunities
Engineering/Procurement/Construction (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Great company with great benefits. They do come at a cost though, the work life balance is not favorable to families as moving around both domestically and internationally are required if you aspire to move up within the company.
Small but good company.
General Foreman (Former Employee), Port Arthur, TXJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: good company...fairly addresses employee issues.
Cons: didn't have any cons about htis company.
A relatively good company with excellent benefits. Employees are treated fairly and disputes are handled fairly. Was General Foreman and never had a problem taking care of my crew properly.
Great company to work for
Safety Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Hayward, CAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: great benefits, pay and people
Cons: lay-offs are possible
Nothing more to say than I was blessed to have the chance to work for Bechtel.
Very fast paced fun environment
Site Acquisition Manager (Current Employee), Columbia, MDJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: staff is very helpful in getting the job done
Fast paced energetic fun filled place to work. A very highly desirable place to work
Friendly
IS Analyst (Former Employee), HoustonJanuary 3, 2015
Friendly managers, people, staff. Great overall place to settle down in your career but not advisable to start a career here.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bechtel

Bechtel (BEK tl) is the world's No. 1 choice for engineering, construction, and project management. Their diverse portfolio – Read more