Bechtel

Bechtel United States Employee Reviews

Great company
Senior Project Controls Engineer (Former Employee), Santiago, ChileApril 20, 2015
Pros: Great compensation. Challenging and competitive work environment
Cons: Lack of resources for on the job training
A great company achieving great things with great people. Onboard job training however is non-existent. Performance review system is perfunctory. Supervisors and workers are somewhat over-taxed.
Employee Friendly and nice place to work
Expense Report Processor T&E/Customer Service (Current Employee), Glendale AZApril 16, 2015
I very much enjoyed my time with Bechtel. The people I worked with became like a family. Unfortunately, at our location, they went through a resource reduction and it affected my dept. I would still recommend Bechtel.
Stable work environment
Materials Manager (Former Employee), Nipton, CAApril 13, 2015
Pros: High Salary
Cons: Continual relocations
Good company to work for if you don't mind relocations. Offers continual education in the field of your expertise. Will allow for growth.
Family Owned, Family Oriented
FIELD SUPERVISOR/ SAFETY COORDINATOR (Former Employee), San Ramon, CAApril 12, 2015
Pros: Great Pay, The best tools/ equipment. Great for experience
Cons: Laid off
Loved every minute of it. Bechtel rocked,,, right up until they had to lay our entire regional market off. I'd go back in a heartbeat though!
Professional Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 10, 2015
Company was an enjoyable place to work. Very professional atmosphere. Co-workers always will to assist when asked. Project based company
Tough place to work, it's not for everyone.
Project Administration (Current Employee), Frederick, MDApril 10, 2015
Pros: good pay, benefits and excellent 401(k) match
Cons: you're a number in a very large, demanding company
It's balls to the wall day in and day out with pressure to perform at all times. OT is often last minute and management can be haphazzard and extremely demanding.
Secretary
Secretary to Electrical Staff (Former Employee), Shady Grove, MarylandApril 4, 2015
Pros: Encouragement to continue growing.
Cons: None I can think of
Provided secretarial support to staff. Met my husband and began our life together. Raised three children and am now returning to work as a nurse. I feel life experiences will help as a nurse through providing compassionate care to my future clients.
Great Automosphere and Loved My Job
Records Management Specialist (Former Employee), Scottsboro, ALMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Great Pay; Excellent Experience/Skills Learned; Worked with Great Team Players and Management
Cons: No Benefits; Had to Move Hours Away from Home
I supported over a thousand Engineers while they redesigned an old ran down Nuclear Power Plant that was never finished. I was a sub-contractor for a government ran power generating company. I learned more than I could ever explain while on this job. Other than supporting the Engineers, I aided in the support of the management team for our office. I was a Administrative Assistant. I typed up all legal binding Government procedures, pulled information needed from a database or from hard-copy, set up meetings, sent out mass emails to entire site employees, and filed all proper paperwork for Engineers, Management and some for Human Resource as well.
Good Construction
Field Coordinator (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 30, 2015
Company takes care of your benefits but if you want family time its hard to come by.
Work all over the world available great for travels across a broad section of forms of constructions.
Great Place To Work!
PROJECT LOGISTICS COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Flexible work hours, ethical environment, good management
Cons: short lunches
Bechtel Corporation was employee oriented company. Senior management did many things to make sure the employees enjoyed working at Bechtel. They focused a lot on work-life balance. For example, they changed work hours from 7:00am - 4:45pm to a window spread - 6:00am-8:00am and 4:00pm-6:00pm.

Compensation was very industry competitive. Also, lower level employees could even give their supervisors constructive feedback, all the way up to top management.
ok
Warehouse/Material Handler (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 24, 2015
the company is large. the pay could be better, benefits are good, they just laid off a lot of people. the management could be better.
family like environment
UI Developer (Former Employee), Reston, VAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: friendly pleople
Cons: in reston
co-workers are really nice, office is very comfortable, plenty of opportunities for learning new skills. Management is very efficient.
Communication
Craft Piping Supervisor – Train # 2 (ISBL) (Current Employee), Curtis Island, QLDMarch 19, 2015
Pros: weather
Cons: morale
No Accountabilty Warranted, Poor Planning, Lack of Equipment, Low Morale, Transportation, Poor Documentation Trail and Communication, Verbal Directions.........
Large EPC Company
Project Controls Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 5, 2015
Pros: great benefits, great work experience, career advancement
Cons: relocation
This is a large contracting company that allows you much exposure to work on some of the most impressive projects in the world. The company promotes advancement in your career with incentives to move up such as six sigma. The work is hard and relocation is almost certain, but benefits, pay and career establishment is strong.
Liked the company
Project Controls Engineer Intern, (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VAFebruary 27, 2015
I liked Bechtel as an intern. It was a laid back atmosphere where I worked specifically in Glen Allen . The people are very nice. Supposedly you have to be willing to travel for them if your full time however.
Great company with a rock solid reputation and employee rewards program
Field Engineer (Former Employee), Bloomfield, NJFebruary 25, 2015
Bechtel will always have work and is the king of technical expertise. I have had the pleasure of sharing many projects with people much smarter than myself! Always a player in the construction industry and takes good care of their people.
Great people to work with.
Data entry in Teamwork's for welds (Current Employee), Cameron, LAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: the pay, as well as benefits, and also traveling. we also get insentives, such as, jackets and shirts and gift cards.
Cons: the hardest part is working with three new supervisors in the last year, and turnover on construction jobs are vary high.
Everyday is a new learning experience. I have learned more about the process of building a LNG plant. I work in the welding dept. and is the department that has the most power on a new construction job. The welding dept. has the final say if a job has been completed. My co-workers are great to work with and we work well together as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning a new task and meeting new people.
valuable internship experience
Finance and Accounting Intern (Former Employee), Shanghai CityFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: nice working environment
Cons: heavy workload
• Accounts Payables: Processed daily incoming invoices and made payments via e-banking
• Archived and scanned payment vouchers and uploaded to Bechtel Global File Net system
• Assisted Finance Manager to review monthly trial balance and gross margin report
• Audited expense reports of expatriates and national employees per Bechtel procedures
Cash management and treasury: prepared monthly cash flow and worked with Bechtel offshore to evaluate the foreign currency hedging strategy
Safe place to work.
Ironworker/Welder (Former Employee), Homestead, FLFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: good pay. good safety
Cons: so.etimes unorganized.
Good safety culture. If its not safe dont do it. Thats thier safety motto. Zero injuries are thier safety goals. They believe all accidents are preventable.
Great Benefits - Poor Job Security Unless you are willing to Relocate Constantly
Licensing Engineer III (Former Employee), Frederick, MDFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: awesome benefits
Cons: volatility in the work causing frequent layoffs
A typical day at work involved working on one or more deliverables as a system responsible engineer. It was very easy to plan everything, a charge code was easy to come by, and because of the planning, overtime was rarely needed. I got to experience the licensing side of nuclear plant design, and I loved it. It was great to dig into the regulatory guidance and figure out why things were designed a certain way. Management was very in touch on my project. There were monthly celebrations (birthdays, milestones such as obtaining an FE or PE, company or project anniversaries), and the project manager tried very hard to ensure everyone was treated like family. And they succeeded. The people on the project were awesome. When I got laid off, it was the toughest thing I've ever done to leave those people. The hardest part of the job was the inter-discipline interfaces. There were a couple of disciplines who were very contentious (mechanical vs. I&C) and engineering was very contentious with licensing because many of the engineers came from a fossil background where licensing and regulatory oversight aren't part of the job. My experience was all nuclear, so I had little trouble understanding the whys and wherefores. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. It was just a great group of individuals and it really was a family. I miss my time there. The benefits were amazing (up to 5 weeks of PTO if you're willing to buy a week, great healthcare, every other Friday off, and two extra holidays - MLK day and President's day). The job security ended up being not so great. The project I was on was downstaffed by 90% and not all members of the project were able to be kept on by the company or it's other subsidiaries.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bechtel

Bechtel (BEK tl) is the world's No. 1 choice for engineering, construction, and project management. Their diverse portfolio – Read more

Bechtel Salaries