Bechtel Employee Reviews in United States

Great company to work for, family oriented employees, awesome management.
Commissioning, Startup & Operating Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDNovember 28, 2015
I learned a lot as an intern at Bechtel Corporation. My manager made sure that I had an all rounded experience of the role in the short period of time that I served there. The company exudes professionalism in all its endeavors, and it's a place that would spur anyone to excel growth-wise. The employees are friendly, and collaborative. The management is made up of great individuals that are adept to the intricacies of their role, and are willing to bring out the best in you. I love the company. Great place to work.
Great place to work with professional people
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJune 8, 2015
Bechtel is a great innovative and current company that provides support for projects to work on bridges, power plants, communication, construction and much more. Employees have opportunities to excel and travel and work with co-workers that are professional and team players.
Pros
Great benefits, vacation time, and community involvement
Cons
Work can be very stressful with deadlines and budgets
Good and engaging place to work with great people
Workforce Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TexasJune 23, 2015
I would recommend working for Bechtel to anyone who would like a challenging place to work with great opportunities. A great place for anyone looking for growing assignments and multiple locations.
Pros
Great benefits and co-workers, real team atmosphere.
Cons
Long work hours, weekly 56+ hours
Good Pay, poor work life balance
Field Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJune 20, 2015
Its a mega huge company that pays great with great benefits. If you like processes, climbing the ladder, and big jobs then this is the place for you. If you want to get some real work done and not feel like you getting bogged down by big company red tape, then maybe look elsewhere.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Big company red tape/processes
Learned very technical skills
Journeyman Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Spring City, TNOctober 22, 2015
Workplace was very safety-conscious; management supportive;
learned skills that involved great detail and worked to specifications (such as tube bending, pipe bending with hydraulic benders). Also learned instrumentation installment on mechanical side, and valve installation.
Pros
safety oriented
Cons
terrible work/life balance
Competent Contractor
Project Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 7, 2015
This is company is recommended for young professionals who want to learn about project management, pursue a career in engineering, procurement and construction.
Opportunities for working overseas and learning new skills.
Not a family company
Electrical Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cameron, LAJanuary 26, 2016
The company has plenty of worldwide projects, however it still feels like a "good old boys" company when trying to move from project to project.

I am recently married and would of course like to travel with my wife, but Bechtel has not been willing to move us together. They will lose us because of this.

Management is only out for themselves and their bonus.
Manager
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 19, 2016
Construction is a volatile industry with lots of peaks and valleys. If you have the education and experience to move to a different industry, you're in a good position to change career paths.
Great Company
SENIOR FINANCIAL AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 9, 2015
Great Company, terrific projects, very stable. International locations; lucrative compensation. Highly recommended
really good
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Portland, TXMarch 7, 2016
like it very much and would like to work there again in the near future
I had a good relationship with the management crew and the rest of the employes that work with me
Pros
we had everything we needed on time stayed busy
Cons
after work traffic
Company is huge
CONSTRUCTION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJanuary 28, 2016
Not a bad place to start after college. Big organization with locations in multiple cities. Lack of visibility to upper or senior management due to size of company. Hard to get noticed; Upward mobility is a challenge at the company.
Great people to work with.
Data entry in Teamwork's for welds (Current Employee) –  Cameron, LAFebruary 24, 2015
Everyday is a new learning experience. I have learned more about the process of building a LNG plant. I work in the welding dept. and is the department that has the most power on a new construction job. The welding dept. has the final say if a job has been completed. My co-workers are great to work with and we work well together as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning a new task and meeting new people.
Pros
the pay, as well as benefits, and also traveling. we also get insentives, such as, jackets and shirts and gift cards.
Cons
the hardest part is working with three new supervisors in the last year, and turnover on construction jobs are vary high.
to install power plants for Tropicana and FP&L at Indiantown, FL
Carpenter Foreman (Former Employee) –  Indiantown, FLApril 14, 2016
generally 8 to 10 hours a day in extreme heat - sometimes 7 days a week!

learned to coordinate with all tradespeople

management always accessible

co-workers were union.....well trained

hardest part: bearing the heat

most enjoyable: camaraderie of all tradespeople
Pros
learned about power plants, heavy construction
Cons
no escape from the weather, HEAVY lifting
they where a vary good company to work for
crane operator (Former Employee) –  toronto ohioOctober 20, 2015
a typical day would start with a morning meeting going over what the day would Intel deciding who was going to do what that day. the management was great to work for they where always open to discussing different option's and the co-workers where great to work with they could make a day go by quick. The hardest part of the job was trying to explain to engineers why their plan wouldn't work some times. the most enjoyable part of the job was teaching a apprentice the job skills he needed to become a crane operator
Pros
the people
good and bad
LDFE (Former Employee) –  australia, China, and south east asiaNovember 22, 2015
as a whole, Bechtel is excellent company I have worked for

good things: Bechtel policy is excellent, so thorough and so much to details, so that I are proud of working for Bechtel.

cons: Bechtel promote and assign people to important position too random, just based on site manager's recommendation without checking if this guy has the personal quality to the job.

I worked for Bechtel for 4 years , and came cross with 4 bosses, they are all first time on the positions.

two of the four are excellent to work with

the other two ware disasters, which forced quite a few people to leave the their positions. I also suffered half years and a year before the new promoted guys knows how to respects and deal with his people of working for him.

assignment is too short, it takes so much effort to find a new assignments after one is completed. you are totally along, and loner.

I don't see any care from function manager who is supposed to find your next assignment
Pros
policy
Cons
promote people too flexible and loss control on his or her personal quality
productive company to work for and great pay
Inventory Specialist/ Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 11, 2016
I have had a wonderful time at my tenure here and I am just seeing what else is out there for me in my career growth. A typical day at Bechtel is fast paced.
professional
Field Engineer over Insulation (Former Employee) –  Cameron Parish, LAMarch 22, 2016
Great working conditions.
Knowledgeable personnel and management
Laid-off due to cutbacks. Wish I could have stayed.
I received merit awards for job well done on 2 occasions
Large EPC Company
Project Controls Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 5, 2015
This is a large contracting company that allows you much exposure to work on some of the most impressive projects in the world. The company promotes advancement in your career with incentives to move up such as six sigma. The work is hard and relocation is almost certain, but benefits, pay and career establishment is strong.
Pros
great benefits, great work experience, career advancement
Cons
relocation
New opportunities abound
Sr. Project Procedure Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAJune 17, 2015
Excellent company. Amazing benefits. If you know the right people, you can advance anywhere. Could be a truly amazing place to work if the employees' voices were . heard
My Career at Bechtel Corporation
Gaithersburg Accounting Operations Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDSeptember 17, 2015
In 1987 I moved to MD, and obtained employment at Bechtel. Before moving to MD, I worked in a nursing home and processed payroll. I started in employee accounts and during my 8 years at Bechtel I received many promotions,each coming with new responsibilities. The managers noticed If you were a dedicated employee, proficient, worked well with your co-workers, you had the opportunity to advance. Bechtel also had flex time, you could start 2 hours before or 2 hours after your regular worktime.
Before receiving a management position, I had already had experience in Employee Accounts, Accounts Payable, Payroll, 4782 forms and W-2 Corrections. During my supervisory time I took on another challenge. I now needed to understand Billings. I helped out in General Ledger, when time permitted.. I enjoyed the opportunities to be able to learn all aspects of Accounting. To work with a large Accounting group. The hardest part of the job was keeping my staff working together as a team, Balancing the workload for each employee. My team consisted of employees that processed accounts payable, employee accounts, and billings. Unfortunately in 2005 Bechtel moved the Accounting Department to Phoenix Arizona.