Bechtel

Bechtel Employer Reviews

good place to work
Senior Construction Field Engineer (Mechanical) (Current Employee), Spring City, TNApril 27, 2014
good place to work
serve as liaison between design engineering and construction
Construction Engineering Environment
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 23, 2014
Pros: mangement style
Cons: when no project, get laid off
it is adventure to achieved the goal to complete the project within time frame. Because Customer doe not loose revenue when meeting their schedule requirements. Specially building coal fire power plant for utility.
I love working here!
Electrical Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Frederick, MarylandApril 18, 2014
Awesome co-workers, Good Managers, Work-Life Balance, Good benefits
Engineering/Construction Mgmt Firm; Global and Privately Owned
Business Process Analyst (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 16, 2014
Pros: bechtel believes in paying in the higher % bracket for higher skilled employees and for retention.
Cons: much care is given to the top 1% and emerging leaders, middle population does not have many opportunities.
Bechtel employees are the best; hard working, dedicated emplyoees with high integrity. We all work well as a team regardless of entity, project, field, or location. Everyone is willing to help and very nice.

There is always a tremendous amount of activity and work to do at Bechtel. There's no such thing as "slow or down time". Employees tend to work – more... longer days at their own discretion, just wanting to get the work done and to do their best. We have very high quality standards. Bechtel supports flex time, so many offices work a 9/80 schedule, but most employees tend to work 10-12 hours days. Its not expected or held against us if we don't, its just the general mentality of the population.

I've had a successful career at Bechtel, and have learned a lot, but in my type of work, I haven't had opportunities to travel .Employees with technical skills and/or professional licenses have many wonderful opportunities to work around the world and experience/learn about other cultures and fields of work.

Overall its a very good company; very large, global, and privately owned so a lot of information is not/cannot be shared with the public. It takes a certain type of person to be successful in this environment. – less
Overall fun place to work
OFFICE SERVICES SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Richland, WAApril 8, 2014
I loved working for Bechtel, however, the last group I worked for was not managed properly which led me to tender my resignation.
Bechtel
I&C Mechanical Superintendent (Current Employee), Spring City, TNApril 4, 2014
Good People, Good Company. Hired on at the end of this porject. Over all good place to work. Its Bechtel.
loved my journeymen
Millwright (Former Employee), Hanford, WAApril 3, 2014
Cons: k
best place to have worked, my journeymen were amazing! So much great things I will take with me on my road to success
Bechtel is a good company to work.
Electrical Designer/Drafter (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 2, 2014
Is a fun place to work.
Managers are understanding.
Employers are professional.
ENGINEERING, PROCUREMENT AND CONSTRUCTION
Control Systems Supervisor (Former Employee), HOUSTON, TEXASApril 1, 2014
I ENJOYED WORKING WITH MULTI DISCIPLENE ENGINEERS, DESIGNERS, DRAFTERS AND CONSTRUCTUIN STAFF. GOOD CONSULTING EXPERIENCE.
Good Place to Work
Site Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee), Montvale, NJMarch 25, 2014
It is a very procedure-driven organization that does not emphasize teamwork and problem solving.
Productive and a great company with great ethics and job culture
Control Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Frederick, MDMarch 25, 2014
Pros: work ethics, free lunches, friendly environment
My day starts of with a coffee in the morning and used to work. For an intern, there was lot of work, but the people were very helpful. I learnt about the company and its job functions. Management was excellent. My supervisor was very nice and was extremely friendly. ad an awesome interns. Did have a lot of fun along with work which made it a fun and – more... exciting place to work for. – less
Great atmosphire and people
DCC Manager (Current Employee), Buena Park, CAMarch 21, 2014
Task include: utilizes both client and Bechtel’s electronic document management system (InfoWorks and Siterra) to register, control, distribute, transmit, file and archive project records. Supports the implementation of records retention and turnover packages. Communication with other project team members, client and field coordinators, to ensure quality, – more... schedule and budgets, process a high volume of subcontractors and or Bechtel documentations. – less
Very hard rewarding work
Program Manager (Current Employee), Libreville, GabonMarch 21, 2014
You sacrifice your family and your work life balance for the company.
Worked as part of the Procurement Department for an engineering company. The company completed manufacturing and engineering work for the Navy’s nuc
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee), Monroeville, PAMarch 12, 2014
 Responsible for managing 10 contracts ranging from $100k to $500k.
 Managed the procurement process including proposals, bids, and negotiations. Negotiated bid proposals and recommended bidders to company management
 Acted as a liaison between outside vendors and internal engineers. Met with engineering department to discuss purchasing contracts – more... and monitor engineering deadlines.
 Performed price and cost analysis for purchase orders exceeding $100,000.
 Systems experience with Oracle, which was the software used to maintain company information.
 Granted government clearance in order to be able to work the U.S. Navy. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Electrical Supervisor / I & E Technician (Former Employee), Rockdale, TXMarch 10, 2014
Managed and delegated work assignments among foreman's and crew.
There was always good communication among co-workers, engineers and upper managements to assist in job completions.
I found there was no hard part of the job, we were able to get whatever needed to complete job task.
Great Company
Telecommunications Technician (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 9, 2014
Pros: anytime i needed time off it was given without hesitation.
Cons: my direct supervisor always wanted to help but sometimes left more of a mess than assistance.
When I was laid off from AT&T as Bechtel's dedicated Technician, Bechtel created a position for me and I became their Telecommunications Technician.

A typical day at work consisted of me completing open service tickets and repair tickets. One of the most important aspects of this job was how to get a job completed as quickly as possible but to make – more... sure that each job was done with expert attention. The management staff was excellent to work for and made sure that I was constantly trained for any and all equipment that Bechtel upgraded to.

My co-workers and I were a great team and I socialized with many of them away from work. It was important to get the right equipment for the job but sometimes there were delays.

Overall this was a great company and I miss everyone I worked with. – less
No amenities on site
general laborer (Former Employee), Nipton, CAMarch 8, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: not appreciated
long hours and mang. did not appreciate what some employees try to do to save company money
Exellent place to work
Structural design engineer (Former Employee), Norwalk/ San Francisco.March 5, 2014
Pros: a lot new things to learn. very interesting work.
Cons: no cons.
Prepared structural calculations and design for various elements in Nuclear power plants.
Learned a lot. Classes/training available at work. Good training programs.
Very good coworkers.
Easy to work.
Enjoyable workplace.
A highly respected international construction company
Sup't, Ld Sup't, Sys Comp.Mgr, Task Mgr, Fac. Mgr (Current Employee), Various locationsMarch 4, 2014
Bechtel provided a strong, solid working environment. The benefit package is one of the best in the industry.
Typical Work Day At Bechtel
QUALITY CONTROL CIVIL ENGINEER (Current Employee), Frederick, MDMarch 3, 2014
A typical day commences with a plan of the day (POD) orchestrated by management. Almost daily, constant on the job training diminishes complacency. Everyday tends to be a learning experience whether negative or positive from the prior workday/ shift. The beauty of my current co-workers is a total understanding that every individual matters and is a – more... valuable asset with regard to each respected job. The most difficult part of the job, can be the countless number of work hours invested when duty calls. More than often it separates families from their loved ones, but within Bechtel a safety-first attitude is re-enforced daily to ensure each and every employee has a safe return home. Most enjoyable part of the job safety, income, team work, producing quality work. – less

About Bechtel

Bechtel (www.bechtel.com) is a global engineering, construction and project management company with more than a century of experience – Read more