Bechtel Employee Reviews

Great Company
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Richland, WAFebruary 1, 2018
Working at Bechtel is like being part of the family. They take care of those folks that work hard and share their values. Opportunities for growth are plentiful.
Great job but with limited advancement opportunities
Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, NJFebruary 1, 2018
Engineering degree makes advancement much easier. Management is very understanding and helpful during trying personal issues. The pay and benefits are very respectable.
Pros
Collaborative
Cons
Limited available work
excellent
Pipefitter Helper (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 31, 2018
excellent commpany to work for to get alot of experience and to build a future as a pipefitter. Many benefits to work with bechtel and very professional company!
Very strict on safety
Class A Journeyman Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJanuary 30, 2018
Bechtel truly follows a safety first policy. They won't hesitate to stand down if there is any indication of unsafe working conditions, such as low visibility, lightning, high winds, etc
Cons
no breaks
Good company
Pipefitter Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJanuary 30, 2018
As a former employee of Bechtel I would recommend this company to other co/workers. Company is very efficient and safety is very strong on the jobsite.
Pros
excellent company
Cons
none I know of.
Ok job for single
Mechanical Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLJanuary 28, 2018
Good pay but not very organized. I liked it as a starter job. best to find a mentor if you are new. unfortunately it is contractor work.

you get to travel. good if single.
I would work for them again
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Cameron, LAJanuary 28, 2018
Overall great company to work for. Great management, coworkers and Bechtel treats their people good. Bechtel listened to your ideas and also helped you with any issues,
Pros
You could work all of the overtime you wanted
Cons
Not enough equipment on the job
Work and Hydro-Test package controller.
Hydro-Test and Work Package Controller (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXJanuary 28, 2018
I enjoyed my position, duties and responsibilities while working at Bechtel, however, my contributions with the respect to my position were not fairly valued.
Pros
The engineers, craft and fellow administrators were great, as well as the challenging work.
Cons
Lack of managerial and supervisorial experience needed to perform those positions.
Bechtel being a family owned business,they could offer employees more.
Pipe General Foreman (Former Employee) –  Cameron, LAJanuary 27, 2018
Work culture was good. Management was not so good on 2 of the 3 jobs I worked I had terrible results from management.I have learned to just do my job at 110% like I always do. Teach and mentor the new comers.Workplace culture was good, everyone looked out for each other in the field.
Pros
Its a job.
Cons
Bus in and out
Excellent company and successful.
Project Controls Specialist and Manager (Former Employee) –  Sites, CA and other states; AustraliaJanuary 25, 2018
I worked for Bechtel 45 years and it provided many opportunities and locations for jobs and project assignments. They are a top company in the engineering and construction business.
get that money
Engineering Senior Construction Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJanuary 25, 2018
good place to do nothing but work , save your money up and get out. On a regular basis employees are found dead in hotel rooms. Worn out on the 3rd marriage (cause you live on the road) alcoholics that have a horrible diet ,and super stressful job. its sad, but the money is/was great.
Pros
money
Cons
no life outside work, stressful, always on the road
Good Old Boy Network & Emphasis on Younger Employees
Senior Procurement System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 24, 2018
There are too many cliques and family based networks that interfere with a free flow of work. Also, when crunch time comes and things get slow, the older workers are on the chopping block first and the opportunities for advancement are almost exclusively with younger employees.
Pros
Interesting Projects
Cons
Cut throat atmosphere with employees not taking responsibility for faults and passing the blame off.
Culture?
Engineering (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAJanuary 24, 2018
Functional management has their favorites and if those favorites don't like you, then management makes it increasingly difficult to do your job properly. It's very stressful and doesn't have any semblance of a team environment
Benefits
Cons
Good 'ol boys club
Excellent
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNJanuary 23, 2018
A great place to work. I enjoyed all the people who worked there. Many different cultures. The Bechtel environment is structured on safety first in all areas. Cool place to be employed.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Possible good company to establish a career
CAD Technician (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJanuary 22, 2018
The environment was nice. Found it to be one of the best work place experience in my career. Coworkers are very friendly and eager to help. Morrisville, N.C is a great place to work.
Pros
friendly enviroment
Cons
Utilization of talent
A satifying employment experience
Construction Engineer III/Field Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTJanuary 21, 2018
For the latter part of my employment with Bechtel I was very satisfied with my duties and my team. I felt greatly rewarded by the work I was doing and the company I worked for.
Pros
Rewarding work environment and supportive team
Cons
A negative experience in one of the regions I was stationed.
Excellent global engineering company, family-owned for 120 yrs
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 19, 2018
Enjoyed working for this dynamic engineering company for nearly 27 years. Would have stayed with them for another 7-10 years if I hadn't been laid off due to company downsizing. Would like to return to work for them if/when they start hiring again. Have always been very proud to work for this company and always felt proud of the contributions I made toward their successes.
Pros
Plenty of opportunities to get training including education reimbursement, company supports community sponsoring multiple events and service organizations, opportunities to work globally in a variety of locations, promotes employee camaraderie and teamwork
Cons
Dealing with some difficult personalities over the years, the same as anyone experiences at any job.
High quality work
Senior Integration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAJanuary 19, 2018
Bechtel has an excellent culture of performing high quality work to design and build the Hanford Waste Treatment Plant. Robust programs and procedures are in place to assure all requirements are met. Organizations and personnel work collaboratively for the best interest of the Project.
Pros
Supportive supervision and co-workers
Cons
Administrative and technical procedure are complex.
Disorganized - Bad Management
Project Admin (Google Fiber Project) - (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJanuary 19, 2018
Worked there on a contract job - What I was told upfront and what actually happened were 2 totally different things.

Hours were ridiculous - wanted me to work 12 hour days, management was a joke, very disorganized, no procedures on how to do anything - in the 1st 2 months 2 regular employees got fired or quit and I was left doing the work of 3 people for over 3 months.

No work/life balance whatsoever, management tells you nothing of what is going on and had to sit at a fold out table in the kitchen to work. Overall = Fail
Pros
Met a few nice people
Cons
Bad management, long hours
good supervision
Pipefitter and stick welder (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 18, 2018
a good productive day like any other especially when u have good supervision.aswell as when they kno what they r doing and u dont have to be hunting down piping