Bechtel Employee Reviews

n/a
Field Coordinator/ Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAApril 5, 2017
How many different times can I say that this should NOT be part of the Indeed process - I feel it is very biased and impartial and puts everyone in jeopardy
Good Benifits and Pay
Sr. Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Spring City, TN Watts Bar ProjectApril 5, 2017
Bechtel is one of the few places left that provides very good benefits to their people at a very low cost. They also offer very good salaries to those with experience.
Old Fashion but great company
Project Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 4, 2017
Great company to work for. Ignore the current political correct BS.

There is great potential to grow there if you are willing to pay the price which may include relocating abroad.
Business culture.
Senior Expense Analyst (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZApril 3, 2017
Bechtel was an excellent place to work.

They encouraged you to take advantage of cultural as well as business classes in ordee to strengthen your skills.
excellent
Lead GIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDApril 3, 2017
excellent place to work. Good relations with collegueas, administration. Good chances for advancement and uniquely trains staff on ever coming challenges on the job
good
Cons
nil
Diverse, global company
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAApril 3, 2017
Very interesting day - no two are alike! Enjoy the multi-faceted aspects of the various positions held and the opportunities to move within the company and learn different jobs and skills.
As this is a global company, have had the privilege of working with people from all over the world and learning their cultures.
The hardest part of the job is the hour + commute to and from work each day. Does not allow for an equal work/life balance that I am looking for.
I love being an Administrative Assistant and having multiple tasks to do. I like being busy and will seek out tasks to keep myself occupied if work load is slow.
Pros
Great environment, salary and benefits
Cons
Commute
Good Company.
IT Procurement Lead, Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 30, 2017
The company has a good culture.
The company has a good work balance.
Job was challenging and was never board.
Good training.
Good support.
Good people.
Variety of engineering duties, responsibilities
Subcontract Technical Representative (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAMarch 30, 2017
Bechtel is an engineering, procurement and construction company with worldwide projects in a number of industries including oil, gas and chemical, nuclear and mining
Pros
Many opportunities
Cons
frequent relocation
Great Career Choice!
Project Controls Engineer (Former Employee) –  Multiple LocationsMarch 29, 2017
I really enjoyed working for Bechtel for 12 years. I moved around every 2 years, made long lasting friendships & was compensated very well. I chose to leave to start a career in Real Estate.
Pros
Compensations & Benefits
Cons
Work / Life Balance
Awesome ENG company
Fiber OSP Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 28, 2017
I learned more about engineering in the 3 years I worked here than the 15 plus years I've been in the industry. Simple as that.

I would take this job again in a heartbeat.
Very calm work place, always provide all the tools needed
Journeyman Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMarch 28, 2017
This company is very safety culture oriented everyday was very productive, learning experience working next to people who enjoy what they do, though it is construction and we're exposed to all the weather they're very considerate of the safety precautions we must take in order to complete at task.
Multi personalities
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDMarch 27, 2017
Working for Bechtel I discovered many different personalities and cultures all working together to build structures. Coming together in an office is rewarding.
Pros
Cafeteria on campus
Cons
Short breaks
very fun place to work - added diversity for training in many areas of the electrical field
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Tonopah, AZMarch 26, 2017
I enjoyed working with various engineers, the task were always challenging and educational, It provides for growing and increasing your skill set -in a thriving environment.
Great Potential
Lead Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCMarch 24, 2017
You have a great potential to do great things at Bechtel. Just need to be in the right place at the right time. Good Ol' Boy's mantra still exists today and will likely continue into the future. Big pond small fish kind of feel on each project I've been on, but the benefits and pay is excellent. Fast paced, serious, long hours, great people.
Pros
Benefits, People, Pay
Cons
Work Life Balance, Employee Development, Employee Engagement
Challenging work site great team
Primary Field Buyer (Former Employee) –  NE OhioMarch 22, 2017
Major Construction On Site. Building a new Power Plant.
Very demanding but rewarding. Great group of engineers,
management. Very technical and experienced group.
Team oriented, Professional.
Pros
great team, support friendly helpful.
Cons
long hours but that is ok
very good technical and project management
Cognizant engineer (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAMarch 21, 2017
very good technical and project management. Fellow employees and suppliers are wiling to work as a team, to answer questions, and hold discussions to get to the best and the correct solution. Excellent training.
Uptight
CAD Specialist (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDMarch 21, 2017
This was one of my first jobs. I was hired with in the same day as my interview. However the upon beginning the job, I realized that the environment was a little to uptight for me. I did learn quite a bit in this position with my time there.
Pros
Items Learned
Cons
Work Enviomrnt
It was stressful due to Managment not caring about workers
Instrument Fitter (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXMarch 15, 2017
It was a very stressful job that you were constantly worrying about loosing your job if management didn't like you. They pushed you and pushed not caring about safety until safety was pushing them.
Interesting company with many learning opportunities
Global Mobility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 15, 2017
Typical day is responding to email/phone/chat inquiries, making sure that I have the necessary documents from employees. Making sure that necessary flights are booked, and third party services ordered, such as HHG shipments, medical exams, visa processing.

Following up on prev inquiries, usually to the expense group or our medical exam provider.

Taking required training and certification tasks.

Hardest part of job was getting employees to return all necessary documents, and trying to resolve questions about expense reports as once the expense group was transferred to New Delhi,India we could no longer call the expense analyst, or walk over to them and discuss.

Most enjoyable was working with my coworkers and also most of the employees I helped relocate.

We had lots of classes on line available, and working with the third party suppliers made me aware of a number of things I would not have been aware of otherwise.
Pros
Flexible work hours, self time management, varied tasks.
Cons
Increasing work load as group was shrunk.
Wonderful company to work for.
Global Mobility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 15, 2017
I enjoyed the three years that I was employed with Bechtel. I would direct other to seek out a career path at Bechtel as well if asked for my assistance.
Pros
Good compay
Cons
Good medical coverage, short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bechtel. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2