Bechtel Employee Reviews

Best Work environment
Full Stack Developer (Current Employee) –  Reston, VASeptember 15, 2016
I enjoyed working at Bechtel, friendly place to work and lot of scope to enhance your career skills with the new software.
Great place to work.
Lead Designer on the Driftwood LNG Project (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 15, 2016
Had the pleasure of working with great Engineers on great projects. Worked on projects that allowed me to expand my knowledge in SmartPlant Design. The most enjoyable part was working with a great team who cared for one another.
Pros
Project team building events.
it is a good job
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXSeptember 12, 2016
it is easy work,cannot complain. foreman's are really lenient with my school schedule. traffic is the only thing i can complain about.
Very professional
Senior Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Spring City, TNSeptember 12, 2016
A competitive professional job. Opportunities for learning new things and knowledge always exist in Bechtel. Also a global company and one can move anywhere in world.
Pros
Trainings
Cons
productive and a safe place to work
Rodbuster jouney man (Former Employee) –  1500 wildcat txSeptember 5, 2016
Bechtel is a good company also bechtel has alot of safety and also bechtel have the job area very organized and clean at all the time
Cons
company has good benefist
Excellent company to work at with a pleasant working atmosphere.
Senior Piping Designer/Checker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 31, 2016
Overall a good place to work. Very structured with wholesome and happy people to work with. Management is structured and work is defined for a smooth working atmosphere. I would work there again if I had to.
Management is inexperienced
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Cameron, LAAugust 31, 2016
Most of supervision are local factory hands.Alot of the hands are pipefitters but have no experience.Most of the hands can't read prints.
Productive and growing company
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXAugust 30, 2016
Good place to work safe work practices training and craft advancement is available. Upper management is available when in need. Great work environment.
productive and a crazy because its to many people in job site
heavy equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 29, 2016
a typical day at work just start doing the exercise in the morning and then the start card, I learn a lot every day how treat people, most enjoyable operate machines every day
great job
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 23, 2016
It was laid back no hard work and I learn a lot of things there i will love to go back and the management was great and co-workers was cool no problems at all and the hardest part about the job was the heat other than that it was cool and i enjoyed working there because they give you a party for you birthday and everyone was nice.
Visonary Leadership
ES&H Team (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 20, 2016
Exceptional family operated company to support and grow a career. Truly appreciates it's employees, great culture, sustainability programs, community involvement and initiatives and work life balance.
Very safety minded.
Construction Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLAugust 19, 2016
Good company with good pay and benefits. Very hard for advancement if you are new. A good workforce of people. Sometimes very long hours due to schedule of job. Upper management was good.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No future
Wonderful Company
Global Payroll Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 16, 2016
A typical day is full of meetings, interaction with all levels of employees, always busy.
I received a certification in Six Sigma, I use this methodology at work and through-out my life out-side of work.
There's a lot of longevity, very little turn-over, co-workers are like family.
The hardest part of my job was finding an empty meeting room.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the the opportunities afforded me.
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
Politics
Family oriented
Senior Vendor Payables Expense Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 11, 2016
Good salary and benefits,
Growth opportunities.
Great location and hours.
Co-workers fun to be around
Management open door policy
Cons
Layoffs
Best companyI have worked for.- Excellent management. Excellent professional working atmosphere.- Great place to grow and learn.
Vice President and Senior Regional Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, California.- Caracas, VenezuelaAugust 8, 2016
Bechtel is probably the most professional EPC company in the world.- Hughe number of professional talent willing to work and give clients the best result possible.- Professional treatment of emmployees and excellent remuneration package.
Pros
Excellent Professional working environment.- Great remuneration package.
Cons
Extremely choosy on jobs Bechtel pursues. Expensive MH rates to clients.
hard work building scaffolding
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Indiantown, FLAugust 8, 2016
I worked building scaffolding at a FPL power plant in Indiantown Fl.Some of the work was high and dangerous but none the less safe we were watched by safety people , they would tell us when our scaffold was or was not ready for use.
Pros
safety
Cons
high of the ground
Very fun and satisfying place to work.
Iron Worker Helper 3 (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXAugust 4, 2016
They offer great benefits, great work environment, and great management. Overall a great place to work.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Job ended
Professional environment
Senior HVAC Engineer (Current Employee) –  Richland, WAJuly 29, 2016
Great place to work. Good benefits. I learned safety and nuclear culture. Well established procedures, guidelines and forms to use. Easy for the new employee to learn. Great coworkers.
Pros
Good slaries, benefits and 401K matches
Cons
One manager you work daily and knows you well, the second functional manager who makes raise, bonus etc. decisions and does not know you personally, procedures changes often, forms changes often, too many controls for a big project.
Productivity and fun
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Sabine Pass, TXJuly 28, 2016
It's a good opportunity to be more than a pipefitter . But work got slow and they were reducing personal.they don't pay too much but you got a good treat. The think too much on safe work .and make everything easy at the yard.coworkers are good friends as a family.
Pros
Free lunch
Productive during scheduled work for site builds.
Tower Hand (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 27, 2016
A typical work day would consist of driving to build site meeting up with crew members and crew lead. Fill out Job Safety Analysis for work site. Crew would conduct a safety huddle and discuss safety precautions due to working with heights, electrical AC/DC, heavy lifting and other hazards. I was new to the telecommunications industry I learned to upgrade cellular towers per AT&T building specs, civil work, running power cable, fiber cable from cell tower to shelter. I enjoyed working with all my fellow coworkers at the time of employment. Hardest part of the job was working with heights in various environment and weather conditions such as high gusts of wind, hot and cold weather, night time work, long hours, long hours spent in traffic and working in remote locations. Enjoyed the comradery in the workplace.
Pros
Company held luncheons, team building activities
Cons
No set work schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bechtel. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2