Bechtel Employee Reviews

Bechtel was a great Co. to learn and grow. They afford the opportunity to do so.
Engineering Group Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 12, 2017
My work day included supervising and working with other Engineers and contractors.
I learned to work with all people, such as other Engineers in different disciplines, and craft personnel. The management team was extremely helpful and provided guidance wherever it was needed. The culture at Bechtel was one of teaching and learning. They promoted from within and taught one everything one needed to learn in order to advance. The hardest part of the job was coordinating with other disciplines to make sure all was moving as planned. The most enjoyable was learning. Everyday for me was a learning day and I truly enjoyed it.
Pros
Great comradery Great learning environment
Cons
I did not dislike anything during my time with Bechtel.
Good career starter for me
Senior Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAOctober 12, 2017
Started as a temporary to perform manual drafting (Before CAD). I learned how to read electrical drawings and vendor drawings. I also learned the cable & raceway tracking system. After six months of work I was asked to join as a full time employee. Management was very helpful in the training process. After a year of work I was sent out on business trips to train on the design and modification process during the construction of the Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station. I was later sent on my own for several projects.
Their benefits are some of the best in the industry.
Pros
Benefits and training
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Spring City, TNOctober 12, 2017
LOVED IT. Great people. Good pay. Nuclear Industry. Big Company. Insurance, 401K, LIFE INSURANCE. Would recommend to anyone. A good place to retire.
Union
Steamfitter (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 10, 2017
It was good that it was union. It was very cold and working in a powerhouse in the middle of winter is rough. Steamfitters are a rare breed which I enjoyed being but it is time to move on into a management position.
Pros
good people and good pay
Cons
Cold and dangerous.
Unusual hours
Senior Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 9, 2017
The project under consideration was located 7 time zones later than Houston TX. I was performing multilingual vendor and contractor vetting with a country 7 times zones earlier than Houston!
Pros
Reasonabl compensation
Cons
Draconian management and appearance of favoritism.
need better saftey
Rigger (Former Employee) –  Portland, TXOctober 8, 2017
Needed better safety an proper plan management. Need more worked planed out ahead of time so you can move right into the next job when one is finished. to much down time trying an waiting to get more work going. the company will let you take classes to be certified in things which is the only good part about Bechtel. not enough hours to be worked especially if your an out of town worker. people who leave home to go work are not there to sit they are there to work
Pros
work to be done
Cons
not enough hours, to much spanaish between workers. worked not planned out properly
Was alright while it lasted
Rigger (Current Employee) –  Portland, TXOctober 6, 2017
Get ready to never know what the company is doing from one day to the next,only worked Monday thru Friday..per diem was paid only the days you worked..you were expected to attend a briefing while still not yet on time clock..in otherwards arrive 45 min early to get info as to what needs to be done for the day.. Then go to work once that pay time started..
Pros
Off on sundays
Cons
Company always changing routines
Projects were interesting, fun and challenging
INSTRUMENTATION FIELD ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAOctober 5, 2017
Bechtel for me was a great and challenging place to work. I had exposer to a lot of good, talented and work diversified people. I learned a lot and was able to pass along a lot of my personal knowledge and ideas.
Pros
Overall just a Great Company, Bechtel took care of there people.
Cons
Sometimes HR was a little hard to deal with
Good work environment
Scaffold Builder (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXOctober 4, 2017
Very poor management at the job site. Supervisors with little to no experience related to their craft. Overall, a good place to work at. Good benefits and pay.
Excellent company
COMMERCIAL DEDICATION ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 4, 2017
Excellent company, good benefits and highly qualified people to work with. , I am attempting to return to bechtel at my earliest opportunity. Solid work force and work ethics.
Pros
Excellent
Cons
Na
Good company to work for
Senior Planner (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDOctober 4, 2017
Good company to work for. Clear expectations, project controls practices followed. Inspiring people to work with. Great to put otgether a schedule and go to field to continue with same
it's a great company
Full-stack Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 2, 2017
my manager is great, it's a great working place. we have interesting project and I learn a lot of new technologies, the working environment is freedom and all the team trust each other very much.
safe work place
Truck Driver/Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXOctober 2, 2017
move parts to job......... blot up iron......... keep your head down........ safe place to work.........delling with field bosses that did'nt know what they doing...........
Pros
good money
Cons
poor managment
Good people to work and safe place to work
Ironworker Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Richland, WASeptember 30, 2017
They well tech you about the company how it work how to move up within the company and if you descend to move on you'll have a better understanding on your career
Pros
work 40 hours
Cons
slow pasce
The nicest place I ever worked.
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Richland, WASeptember 29, 2017
The ideal of professionalism. The company culture is to be respectful of others and stress safety and quality and the company really stands behind that.
World Class
Manager of Construction - Khursaniyah Gas Project (Former Employee) –  Khursaniyah, Saudi ArabiaSeptember 28, 2017
The Khursaniyah LNG processing plant was a joint venture between Technip and Bechtel. The Italians were bullish and attempting to cross lines with Bechtel. Bechtel was the appointed lead of the JV and always maintained our composure and and quietly established protocols to enhance our profile, and productivity which was quickly recognized by the owner, Saudi ARAMCO.
Pros
World Class in every regard
Cons
The most enjoyable part of the job
Project Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNSeptember 28, 2017
The daily challenge to do what no other company can do. The ability to get exposed to a variety of subjects and tasks make coming to work every day interesting.
Pros
challenging
Cons
time demands
Working at Bechtel
Pipe Fitter (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXSeptember 28, 2017
Nice work environment but doesn't have a great management system at all. They pay fairly descent but not like some other companies. I would still recommend them to work for.
Design consultant
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 27, 2017
Bechtel possesses a very odd corporate culture and it is not one that I would recommend to anyone. There are certain practices that take place within their corporate offices that are entirely illegal.
Pros
None really.
Cons
Too many too list.
If your not friends with forman, you are screwed
Boilermaker (Former Employee) –  Gregory, TXSeptember 25, 2017
The company is not so bad, they pay average and the hours are ok. Management is ridiculous, superintendent was a joke. If you want to advance from journeyman to forman and so forth, just be on their side and agree to everything they say. If you disagree, they will get rid of you quick.
Pros
Dental and Health Insurance
Cons
People you work with, forman and superintendents