Bechtel

Bechtel Employer Reviews

if you wish to get paid for very little output...
Electrician (Current Employee), Curtis Island, MEFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: good crew
Cons: 4:1 roster
Productivity is very poor.
Material availability is sometimes non existent
Work crew of varied ages all assimilate well.
A great company for me to transition from the Military.
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Nipton, CAFebruary 22, 2014
The people I met and worked for were very helpful and supportive, I learned a lot and was very grateful for the opportunity to work for Bechtel.
Excellent workplace, Balanced and competitive compensation
SENIOR PIPE STRESS ENGINEER (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 14, 2014
Bechtel was an outstanding work environment with a matching compensation package that enhances productivity and job satisfaction.
Great place to work and learn.
Piping Designer (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: the parking
I start the day with excitement, this excitement comes from knowing I am about to learn something new.

I have learned that the harder you try, the easier life becomes.

Management, for the most part, seems to be fair and respectful to others.

My co-workers are some of the greatest I have ever been involved with.

The hardest part of my job is not – more... being able to be a part of every aspect of the company.

The most enjoyable part are the learning experiences, and the people. – less
Great job
Survey Crew Chief (Current Employee), Richmond, KYFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: 10 hour days
Cons: 70 hour weeks
great work and coworkers. Family friendly atmosphere. Management sucks. Scared to make decisions
Excellent company if you enjoy relocation
Contract Specialist III - AT&T LTE Mobility (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, potentially exciting projects
Cons: may be relocated with little notice
Great co-workers from across America, excellent learning opportunity for large construction projects.
Compliance
Site Acquisition Specialist - Compliance (Current Employee), San Ramon, CAFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: no timeclock to hit
Cons: overtime is expected; management is slow to change
Ever changing! Workes with Construction, Engineering and Site Acq Specialist to secure scope of work on a cell site. Research AT&T systems, such as Filenet, SiTerra, Guardian and Bechtel's systems of Infoworks and WebSR to ensure all documentation has been captured. Design Review Meetings with RF Engineer and clients to achieve growth on cell sites. – more... Enter locked down scope into AT&T's ANGELS system, monitor status changes. Update schedule.

Hardest part of job, management sets forecast dates without consulting those that do the job. Unrealistic schedules. – less
Very good pay and benefits
Security Coordination Center Specialist (Current Employee), Frederick, MDFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: no possibility of promotion in current position
Bechtel is a great place to work. The office is in a good location being close to Washington, DC. Growth within my current position is not possible, but the company offers jobs in other areas.
Great
Climbing Technician (Former Employee), Jessup, MarylandFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: great salary
Cons: zero personal time
Typical day included morning safety briefings before going out and performing repairs for communications towers. 3-4 man teams that include members with different skill sets to perform the job.

Difficult part of the job is the physical strain when climbing these high towers.

Most enjoyable part of the job was getting the repair job done so that cell – more... phone users could benefit from convenient communication worldwide. – less
lot many are there to learn, very nice management, family oriented company
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER (Former Employee), Gurgaon, HRJanuary 31, 2014
Very nice company in my career path.
Working procedures are very informative & knowledge boosting.
Working culture is very friendly.
productive and safe work place
Laborer (Former Employee), Jensen Beach, FLJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
work was good every day
I learned how to mix concrete build scaffolds
solar pannel installer
el-p (Former Employee), Rosamond, CAJanuary 15, 2014
this was a great company to work for pay was good and all ppe was supplied for you
great learning experience/ helpful people
(s) Welding room attendant, Welder apprentice (Former Employee), hayward, caJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: great work exp, hours, pay
Cons: the job ended for me
Get into my little office, check the temperatures of the ovens, wait for welders to come in to draw rod. distribute welding materials, stock up shelves with more rods. color code and paint rod ends to ensure correct distribution to correct certified welders. The deliverance of coupons to management. The hardest part... was just stocking the shelves – more... once a shipment of materials came in! the most enjoyable part of the job is its construction... people talk and joke about others, and everyone seemed very helpful to me and kind. – less
SR Electrical Design
Senior Controls Engineer (Former Employee), Watts BarJanuary 12, 2014
I worked for Bechtel since 1972, Got lots of experience working at Nuclear Power Plants.
Productive laid back work place with can do attitude!
Mechanical Commissioning Engineer(Nuclear) (Former Employee), MN MonticelloJanuary 9, 2014
Bechtel is a great company and I enjoyed working for them. I hope to get hired back on ASAP.
The Work at BNI is interesting and challenging
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer/ Lead Auditor (Current Employee), Richland, WAJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: interesting projects. some are on the cutting edge of technology
Cons: no long term guarantees
BNI is a challenging and interesting company to work for. The company tackles some of most unique projects in the world. Keep in mind, BNI or Bechtel in general, is a project oriented company. You work on projects, when they are complete, you must be prepared to go to the next one where the company needs your skills. Some projects may be a year long, – more... or 20 years long. I've enjoyed my tenure with BNI, you might too. – less
fun place to work
pipefitter (Former Employee), Ivanpah, KSJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: good safety procedures in general
Cons: very little
in general good co. management crue. people were cordial and the days used to go very quick since the atmosphere was great.
i became more safety concious after working for bechtel. i would work for this company again.
Nuclear Plant under construction
Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee), Spring City, TNDecember 31, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: low wages
I enjoyed the variety of working in two different groups while on the project for five years. The first two years were in the Design Group creating EDCR's, DCN's and FCR's. I then was needed in the Refurbishment Group to analyze all mechanical components for usefulness to generate power.
productive and fun working place
SQL/SSIS/SSRS/SSAS Developer (Former Employee), Frederick, MDDecember 17, 2013
Bechtel (BEK tl) is the world's No. 1 choice for engineering, construction, and project management.Bechtel is built upon time-tested values of excellence and integrity. The reliability of our performance and the enduring quality of our projects, are evidenced in our quality work for our customers.
Decent company to work for
General Foreman /Foreman (Current Employee), Spring City, TNDecember 16, 2013
Decent company, unfortunately just another number to them. However, I did enjoy my time with them, and made some good money to support my family. I would work for them again.

About Bechtel

Bechtel (www.bechtel.com) is a global engineering, construction and project management company with more than a century of experience – Read more