Bechtel Employee Reviews

really good
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Portland, TXMarch 7, 2016
like it very much and would like to work there again in the near future
I had a good relationship with the management crew and the rest of the employes that work with me
Pros
we had everything we needed on time stayed busy
Cons
after work traffic
Great people to work with.
Data entry in Teamwork's for welds (Current Employee) –  Cameron, LAFebruary 24, 2015
Everyday is a new learning experience. I have learned more about the process of building a LNG plant. I work in the welding dept. and is the department that has the most power on a new construction job. The welding dept. has the final say if a job has been completed. My co-workers are great to work with and we work well together as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning a new task and meeting new people.
Pros
the pay, as well as benefits, and also traveling. we also get insentives, such as, jackets and shirts and gift cards.
Cons
the hardest part is working with three new supervisors in the last year, and turnover on construction jobs are vary high.
Very fun and satisfying place to work.
Iron Worker Helper 3 (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXAugust 4, 2016
They offer great benefits, great work environment, and great management. Overall a great place to work.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Job ended
Management is inexperienced
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Cameron, LAAugust 31, 2016
Most of supervision are local factory hands.Alot of the hands are pipefitters but have no experience.Most of the hands can't read prints.
Best Work environment
Full Stack Developer (Current Employee) –  Reston, VASeptember 15, 2016
I enjoyed working at Bechtel, friendly place to work and lot of scope to enhance your career skills with the new software.
Great company to work for, family oriented employees, awesome management.
Commissioning, Startup & Operating Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDNovember 28, 2015
I learned a lot as an intern at Bechtel Corporation. My manager made sure that I had an all rounded experience of the role in the short period of time that I served there. The company exudes professionalism in all its endeavors, and it's a place that would spur anyone to excel growth-wise. The employees are friendly, and collaborative. The management is made up of great individuals that are adept to the intricacies of their role, and are willing to bring out the best in you. I love the company. Great place to work.
Premiere EPC company in the world
Field Coordinator (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 28, 2014
I feel very proud to say I work for Bechtel. It's a prestigious company to work for. We work hard, but are treated well for it. The work environment is pretty tight due to sharing the struggles encountered in our everyday challenges. The hardest part about working for Bechtel is the moving around. As a project-based company, you are constantly working your way out of a job. When that job is over, it's on to the next one somewhere else in the world. It can be exciting, but not particularly stable. The most enjoyable part of the job is the overall compensation and their attempt to make up for the inherant instability and the sacrifices made by the employees.
Pros
great compensation package, prestigious company
Cons
traveling, instability, long hours
it is a good job
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXSeptember 12, 2016
it is easy work,cannot complain. foreman's are really lenient with my school schedule. traffic is the only thing i can complain about.
Great work place
Project IT Field Lead (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 9, 2016
The people is amazing and everyone is a team players. Really enjoy working for Bechtel. Management care for their employees.
Pros
knowledge sharing
Cons
n/a
safe place
Pipefitter Helper (Former Employee) –  Sabine Pass, TXJuly 11, 2016
Really enjoyed working. learned about new construction. management played favorites. needed more clean porta potties. bus ride was ok.
Pros
safe
Cons
management
50/50 Company
Project Procurement Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2016
Company had a great name and reputation prior to myself working there, however several management changes altered that in my opinion. Too many office politics and lots of micromanagement going on.
Pros
Cons
Office Poitics.
It's a Great Job.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXJune 28, 2016
Well working at Bechtel it was a great opportunity i liked it working outside making good money there was no problem with it just had to leave because of a family emergency.
Productive and fun work place
Insulation & Painting Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Angola LNGMay 12, 2016
Bechtel gives me the opportunity to reach higher and go further in my career, providing me the necessary tools to perform my duties in the best way.
Pros
Learning tools
Cons
Limitations to obtain human resources and materials
fun
peggy (Former Employee) –  Gladstone, ORJune 29, 2016
the day was long but good I learnt how to do a lot off thing like how to do the clean the proper way management was good workers were okay their was no hard jobs was going home
Excellent to work for
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2016
I learned mostly about rotating equipment while working on them.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the team I worked with.
professional
Field Engineer over Insulation (Former Employee) –  Cameron Parish, LAMarch 22, 2016
Great working conditions.
Knowledgeable personnel and management
Laid-off due to cutbacks. Wish I could have stayed.
I received merit awards for job well done on 2 occasions
Good quality
EXPEDITER (Former Employee) –  Gregory, TXMay 27, 2016
Great enviroment, supervisors always caring for employees needs, meetings were always held in order to have a good and satisfactory job environment. Great health insurance and good accomodationd for all employees.
Good and engaging place to work with great people
Workforce Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TexasJune 23, 2015
I would recommend working for Bechtel to anyone who would like a challenging place to work with great opportunities. A great place for anyone looking for growing assignments and multiple locations.
Pros
Great benefits and co-workers, real team atmosphere.
Cons
Long work hours, weekly 56+ hours
Great Place for Single New Hires
Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 28, 2013
Bechtel is a great place to work, but the further I advance in my life the less it is a good fit for my family values. The constant moving and juggling of households is beginning to take a toll on our family/work life balance. I don't mind working 60-70 hours a week, I just wish the work was in a permanent for the same salary and per diem allowance. Their strategy of always moving you every 1-2 years creates a situation to where you are always locked under the project, because if you leave before 1 year after a move you are liable for all travel expenses that they reimbursed.
Pros
team work, salary, advancement
Cons
moving, work-homelife balance
Top company in the industry
Corporate Project Management (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJune 9, 2015
Flexible schedule: flextime or 9/80 schedule.
I started at 6:30A
My manager changed about every 2 years.
There were no other co-workers in my group but I interacted with others in various departments.
The hardest part was that I didn't always have day-to-day direction.
The most enjoyable part that I could work independently,.
Benefits
Cons
New locaton