Bechtel Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Great company to work
Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 3, 2017
Working environment was very pleasant. Co-workers are friendly and knowledgeable in the work process which makes one's job a lot easier to accomplish.
Private company, things are done a little differently
Lead, e-Learning Development (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 2, 2017
Bechtel is trying to become a part of the 100 Best Places to Work, so that's always a good sign. When a company recognizes its deficiencies and then makes an effort to tackle them, it's a place I'd like to work. The only reason I left was because I had a horrible manager and I found a position that would let me work from home elsewhere. Bechtel was anti-work from home for a while, but has since loosened its policy.
Great company on a successful project
Lead Field Engineer Electrical-Sr. Planner (Former Employee) –  Spring City, TNAugust 2, 2017
Best job I ever had. I loved the learning opportunity and the advanced,eat potential. I was rewarded for a job well-done and the benefits were outstanding.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Job ended and company could not find a new job for me
good company to work for pay is good.
Boilermaker, Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Cameron, LAAugust 2, 2017
This company was a very good company to work for. Good hours. Management was very organized and had very good employees to work with. Good safe jobs and always had a good work plan everyday.
Pros
they never rushed employees always could take breaks when it was too hot.
Cons
they wont let you go back to the same plant as before.
What I learnt
Environment Health Safety Trainer (Former Employee) –  Cameron, LAJuly 30, 2017
Be careful what you ask for with regards to what you want to do for work and what kind of corporate culture you would like to work in. Management does not really care about the safety of its employees. It was a very disappointing experience. Health and safety is only talked not walked authentically. The most enjoyable part of the job were my students. It was a pleasure and very humbling experience to meet and work with people from all backgrounds and walks of life.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Poor on site management, old boys/old girls club
Great Benefits
IS&T (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 27, 2017
The company itself was a good place to work. They provided a good work/life balance. Some of the departments were lacking in motivating their employees and seeing them advance.
Pros
Annual Holiday Party, Employee Appreciation Events, Benefits
Cons
Department Management
Plenty of hours.
Finish Operator (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJuly 27, 2017
For a large company employees are treated rite.would be a better company if they had paid holidays and vacations. Only foreman and above get paid vacation. They only get 40 straight hours per week on vacation. They also get vacation by hours put in.
Pros
Safety awards lunches for safe hours worked.
Cons
No paid holidays.
I can't believe this place sometimes
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 26, 2017
Backwards is just the first word I can use to describe this place without really exposing the nonsense.

Great CEO, just would like for real change to happen and some old-thinking management is in the way.

The best thing about the place are the coworkers...the one's that treat you right, not the one's that are sour.
Pros
Paycheck, Ceo
Cons
Just about everything else.
High Quality Work
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 26, 2017
A typical day at Bechtel starts with working on deliverables, gathering information required for completion of the task in hand, coordinating with other discipline, creating a calculation and providing input for drafting. It also includes tracking progress of other engineers, helping them with issues. All our projects are fast track, but we get adequate time to perform a quality job.
Pros
Very friendly work culture. High quality work.
Cons
Commute to Reston, VA from MD is long.
Great company
Civil/Structural Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 24, 2017
Bechtel as a whole is a great company to work for. They pay well and have great benefits. The 401k matching is the best that I've heard of. My only drawback to Bechtel is the work environment and the frequent moving. Usually the engineers will need to be stationed on site wherever the project may be unless you're one of the lucky ones to get a job in the office.
Bechtel is a great company to work for
CONSTRUCTION COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, NJJuly 22, 2017
I like working at Bechtel. Typical work day is often fast paced and hectic at times however its challenging and i have learned a lot and had the previlidge of working with knowledgable, experienced individuals.
Pros
Great people, inclusive, great training tools
Cons
job security although no job is guaranteed.
Productive company to work for
Paint blast foreman (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXJuly 20, 2017
I enjoyed working with this company. I learned a lot of new things with working with this company. The company offered great benefits for the employees.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
No complaints
Encourage Growth
Document Mangement Technican (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 19, 2017
I love how they encourage growth and movement in the company. I loved working here and would work here again. I learned engineering documents, Technical and non technical.
They have a clean workplace
helper (Former Employee) –  Cameron, LAJuly 19, 2017
A typical day at work is very fast paced. I learned how to grind and cut there. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the messy restrooms and muddy areas
Pros
30 minute breaks
Cons
Extremly hot area
easy work
Industrial carpenter (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 18, 2017
the jobs are easy because foreman and supervisors are all dummies who don't know anything but are related to someone up high in the company. all the supervisers wear gold rolex watches and there job duties include walking under loads,through danger tape and bragging about how big there paychecks are for not doing or knowing anything
Pros
easy work
Cons
trying to explain simple concepts to complete morans
Great EPC Company to work
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 14, 2017
Bechtel being very large and diversified EPC company, it is always a fun to work on various projects, and each project having its own, different needs and requirements, great challenge as well as rewarding and enriching experience.
Pros
Great exposure to all aspects of engineering field.
Cons
while working on projects and away from family, sometimes challenging.
Great job security but a little behind the times
Contract Manager (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJuly 11, 2017
BPMI is a great place to work with great people. If you take pride in what you do, you will get a lot out of it. However, it lacks flexibility and growth potential. It doesn't seem to be progressing like other companies.
Excellent company
Smartplant P&ID Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2017
I always felt like a value member of the team over the 10+ years I spent with Bechtel. They always went above and beyond to make sure we felt like people and not just numbers on a spreadsheet.
Pros
Great compensation, Great benefits
strong company
MRE PMO Manager (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 11, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Bechtel - good people - willingness to get the job done. Focus on doing the best job and continuous improvement. I would go back to Bechtel if the opportunity presents itself closer to my home.
Pros
good people and practices
Cons
working away from home
Productive company to be a part of as an employee
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXJuly 10, 2017
Open to ideas as long as they stay in the line of which everyone thinks. A lot of flexibility and very much educated in what the line of work they are preforming.
Pros
Great support team