Bechtel Employee Reviews in United States

Huge company, no such thing as work life balance
Just a tool (Former Employee) –  Global, WorldMay 31, 2015
Huge company, no such thing as work life balance. Its all about who you know. You are just a tool they use you until you wearout then you are replaced.
very unorganized, very little management willing to stand up for their hand
heavy equipment operator (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TexasMay 29, 2015
Nrg project in Baytown, horrible place to work. Threatened with your job everyday by dirt works superintendent. No organization, very poor planning and a lot of waste because ExxonMobil foots the bill! Great people to work with but everybody's so job scared, can't believe it!
Pros
decent pay
Cons
everything else
Hard Work and Great People
SUPERVISOR - SARALYN BAKER (Former Employee) –  ST LUCIE NUCLEAR PLANTMay 29, 2015
Very interesting position learned a lot from the time I was hired enjoyed the working out there GREAT GROUP OF PEOPLE worked long hours but everyone was always a team player
Pros
Morning Meetings
Cons
Long Days
Great Supervisor, allowed employees expand their skills
Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 19, 2015
• Registered, controlled, distributed, transmitted, and filed archive project records using the standard Electronic Document Management System (EDMS).
• Communicated effectively with project team members.
• Ensured quality assurance audits, internal technical reviews, and client reviews.
• Processed high volume of documentation.
• Kept abreast of department technologies, techniques, and services that becomes available.
Pros
Positive Morale
Cons
NA
Great Company to work with
Area Lead Field Engineer Infrastructure (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 13, 2015
Safety first, culture, 0 accident orientated.
Grow up my capabilities with the Bechtel University program.
Good work ethics, not practiced by some people but that happens everywhere.
The hardest part of the work performed, is to comply with the clientele's expectation, sell by our management that are almost impossible to accomplish.
The most enjoyable part is being part of a colossal construction project and see it develop.
Pros
Gowing up in the compny, culture
Cons
Company protocols, slow down the production and increase costs.
Good workplace
Senior Estimator (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 11, 2015
Excellent managers and coworkers. Competitive workplace in a Lump Sum environment. Time was set aside for day and evening recreation and get togethers.
Pros
Free lunches for education and visiting management.
Great People
Contracts Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAMay 5, 2015
Great people work for Bechtel but the job security and the workload make the job so much more stressful. They really stretch the employees by giving them tasks that should be completed by two people. The workload was always more than one person could do -- the people really make the difference.
Great company
Senior Project Controls Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santiago, ChileApril 20, 2015
A great company achieving great things with great people. Onboard job training however is non-existent. Performance review system is perfunctory. Supervisors and workers are somewhat over-taxed.
Pros
Great compensation. Challenging and competitive work environment
Cons
Lack of resources for on the job training
Employee Friendly and nice place to work
Expense Report Processor T&E/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Glendale AZApril 16, 2015
I very much enjoyed my time with Bechtel. The people I worked with became like a family. Unfortunately, at our location, they went through a resource reduction and it affected my dept. I would still recommend Bechtel.
Stable work environment
Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Nipton, CAApril 13, 2015
Good company to work for if you don't mind relocations. Offers continual education in the field of your expertise. Will allow for growth.
Pros
High Salary
Cons
Continual relocations
Family Owned, Family Oriented
FIELD SUPERVISOR/ SAFETY COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAApril 12, 2015
Loved every minute of it. Bechtel rocked,,, right up until they had to lay our entire regional market off. I'd go back in a heartbeat though!
Pros
Great Pay, The best tools/ equipment. Great for experience
Cons
Laid off
Professional Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 10, 2015
Company was an enjoyable place to work. Very professional atmosphere. Co-workers always will to assist when asked. Project based company
Tough place to work, it's not for everyone.
Project Administration (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDApril 10, 2015
It's balls to the wall day in and day out with pressure to perform at all times. OT is often last minute and management can be haphazzard and extremely demanding.
Pros
good pay, benefits and excellent 401(k) match
Cons
you're a number in a very large, demanding company
Secretary
Secretary to Electrical Staff (Former Employee) –  Shady Grove, MarylandApril 4, 2015
Provided secretarial support to staff. Met my husband and began our life together. Raised three children and am now returning to work as a nurse. I feel life experiences will help as a nurse through providing compassionate care to my future clients.
Pros
Encouragement to continue growing.
Cons
None I can think of
Great Automosphere and Loved My Job
Records Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALMarch 30, 2015
I supported over a thousand Engineers while they redesigned an old ran down Nuclear Power Plant that was never finished. I was a sub-contractor for a government ran power generating company. I learned more than I could ever explain while on this job. Other than supporting the Engineers, I aided in the support of the management team for our office. I was a Administrative Assistant. I typed up all legal binding Government procedures, pulled information needed from a database or from hard-copy, set up meetings, sent out mass emails to entire site employees, and filed all proper paperwork for Engineers, Management and some for Human Resource as well.
Pros
Great Pay; Excellent Experience/Skills Learned; Worked with Great Team Players and Management
Cons
No Benefits; Had to Move Hours Away from Home
Good Construction
Field Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 30, 2015
Company takes care of your benefits but if you want family time its hard to come by.
Work all over the world available great for travels across a broad section of forms of constructions.
Great Place To Work!
PROJECT LOGISTICS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 29, 2015
Bechtel Corporation was employee oriented company. Senior management did many things to make sure the employees enjoyed working at Bechtel. They focused a lot on work-life balance. For example, they changed work hours from 7:00am - 4:45pm to a window spread - 6:00am-8:00am and 4:00pm-6:00pm.

Compensation was very industry competitive. Also, lower level employees could even give their supervisors constructive feedback, all the way up to top management.
Pros
Flexible work hours, ethical environment, good management
Cons
short lunches
High turnover rate.
Executive Assistant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMarch 26, 2015
The management of this company is an older crowd. They do not do well with the newer generation of corporate individuals. The turnover rate for certain positions is very high as people do not want to stay due to the environment. They are always posting for admin positions since people leave frequently.
Pros
Great pay.
Cons
High turnover rate due to not so nice older people in charge.
ok
Warehouse/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 24, 2015
the company is large. the pay could be better, benefits are good, they just laid off a lot of people. the management could be better.
family like environment
UI Developer (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMarch 23, 2015
co-workers are really nice, office is very comfortable, plenty of opportunities for learning new skills. Management is very efficient.
Pros
friendly pleople
Cons
in reston