Bechtel Employee Reviews

Excellent Team to Work For!
Assistant Engineering Tech. (Former Employee) –  Watts Bar Nuclear PlantJanuary 11, 2017
Always a morning briefing to get us up to date. I learned Auto CAD. My management cared about me as a person and cared about my personal life as well as my work. My coworkers were top of the class! Very professional and great to work with. They went out of their way to help and to teach! The hardest part of the job was dealing with the owners representatives, however, my management always backed me up and made sure I was not mistreated in any way. We had group carry in meals all the time. Our management would cater our meals to show their appreciation. We got gifts at Christmas and bonuses for jobs well done!
Met good people
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Exxon Baytown olefins refineryJanuary 10, 2017
Don't judge a book by its cover.
Allow people to advance and keep track of people that are willing and trying to.
Maybe a little better health plan
Pros
Pretty good pay.
Cons
One break except in summer months
productive
Inventory Control Manager/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 6, 2017
most of the day is taking up locating materials and ensuring they are being received and stored properly. in charge of staff and ensuring they are following safety guidelines correctly.
Great Company
Electrical Foreman (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 6, 2017
This company is all business

The management is awesome, they keep you updated on progress and communicate very effectively with the employees.

Great benefits!
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Didnt last long enough
safe work place
Light Operator (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXJanuary 5, 2017
safety and team work go hand in hand in this work environment. Would take breaks when needed them, and they have core available. Made morning meetings and had a little morning work out to get the day started.
Pros
free lunches
I'm trying to get back on at Exxon in Beaumont Texas
Structure Welder (Former Employee) –  L. N. G. SABINE PASS. TEXASJanuary 4, 2017
I enjoyed working for Bechtel. I enjoyed working with the Supervisor for Bechtel. But we didn't have any lunches and give away though but I really enjoyed working there.
Pros
I enjoyed the supervisor.
Cons
Hardly no breaks.
Great management
Foreman/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLDecember 31, 2016
Overall great company to work for management is superb benefits are great travel is sometimes required must be able to travel on short notice skilled professionals only hired a great company to work for great safety record they care about their employees
Pros
Great pay medical benefits retirement
Decent
Millwright Helper (Former Employee) –  Cameron, LADecember 28, 2016
My experience in working with this company on this job site was fine.
I have learned that the attitude and morale of any job site has almost nothing to do with the company and everything to do with the site management team
Compensation and benefits
Sr. Fire Safety Engineer (Former Employee) –  Richland, WADecember 28, 2016
Comp and benefits were average for the type of work and location.

The work was interesting, somewhat challenging.

This was a great opportunity.
Pros
Good project and some very god people to work with
Cons
good job worked hard very safe
nccer carpenter foreman/intermediate rigger (Former Employee) –  Portland, TXDecember 26, 2016
I enjoyed the work I did for the company and they gave me a lot of certification for free to help me advance as it would help them having me certified alother of work was done two lng tanks that was around 150 feet tall 30 inch thick wall of concrete and air Rased the roof that weight was 1 million lbs just to many people get away with causing problems with others
Pros
free lunch aometimes
Cons
traffic off job ia terrible
Great Work
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Primm, NVDecember 16, 2016
Thought I didn't work as a Millwright for long, because of my obligation to the military I did learn many things related to heavy equipment, attention to detail, and the value of safety.
Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Multiple locations, jobs on project basis, extremely interesting jobs.
Senior Engineer Equipment Qualification (Former Employee) –  Reston, VADecember 14, 2016
A typical day included a quick review of emails, then continuation with major project which could be creation or review of specifications, procedures, system documentation, calculations, or vendor documents. Each day usually included answering technical and licensing/code questions from coworkers or management. Training by computer or classroom and review of applicable client procedural requirements was frequently included.

The hardest part of the job was discovering that a significant error or omission had been made. This required documentation, normally including an explanation of potential impacts. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing items corrected and helping other coworkers.

The Bechtel jobs that I held were highly technical and complex.
Pros
Good pay, some highly qualified coworkers, interesting complex jobs
Cons
Lack of the most applicable training for newer employees.
Great job.
Sr Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VADecember 13, 2016
Great place to work for the last 18 months, but job is coming to an end. Looking for something closer to home (Petersburg VA area).

Duties included recruiting craft employees, hiring employees, entering hiring data, maintaining hardcopy and electronic employee files, working with other departments to set up weld testing, etc. Was available to the craft to make tax, benefit, address changes as necessary. Fill in for Industrial Relations Manager in his absence.
Professional Setting
Planner/Scheduler Engineer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 12, 2016
Professional Setting, Good People, Challenging & Rewarding Jobs
Hardest part of the job is getting tasks ran down to the subs. and Lower levels of the company.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
High Risk Industry
Bechtel is a great company to work for
Contracts Administrator (Current Employee) –  USADecember 11, 2016
Bechtel is a great company to work for. As the market is currently in high competition, I am looking for a diversity in knowledge for other opportunities
Pros
great knowledge
Cons
Work/life are not balanced
Mentor Program
Tools Administrator - Supple Chain Management (Former Employee) –  PeruDecember 8, 2016
Bechtel Corporation (Mining and Metal) was a great place to work. You know about your progress inside the company. Some courses of them to do better job and good enviroment.
It was a job
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Cameron LouisianaDecember 7, 2016
Long hours little pain away from home all the time upper management always griping you can never do enough they tell you that you're going to be working 5 days a week you get to the job you're actually working 7 for 3 years
Best Compony I have ever worked for!!!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYDecember 6, 2016
This is a GREAT company to work for and the people they employ are absolutely AMAZING!!! Although, I was only given the opportunity to work there for 10 months is was amazing journey!
The best part of the job.
Tower Climber (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 1, 2016
Despite being away from home for months at a time, and waking up rolling into the office at 6am on Monday in North Phoenix not knowing where in God's hot South Western Mojave dessert my crew and I will be working that week, The comroderie and overall respect that was nutured in that envronment was amazing, We were all a team, and it was felt as soon as you steped in the door. I would still be climbing for Bechel if thay were in Grand Junction and were going to stay in Western Colorado.
Pros
Company BBQ's, paid vacation, healcare plans, unbelevable training
Cons
months away from home, one day in Tucson, next in Flagstaff!
Great Co-workers
Civil Engineering Group Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDNovember 30, 2016
Projects in Bechtel pose a great opportunity to develop technical skills within a team environment. Types of project vary depending on the business unit of your employment.
Pros
Friendly/Supportive work environment.
Cons
Challenge to maintain work-life balance, Even though there are opportunities to develop technical skills, schedule demands typical dictates the extent of these opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bechtel. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2