Beck's Hybrids Employee Reviews

Great Company
Sales Intern and Assistant to Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  WisconsinDecember 15, 2017
As an intern, Beck's did an awesome job of brining us into their culture and making us feel welcome. They paid fairly and the managers allowed for a good work life balance. Overall it was a great internship opportunity to learn and grow.
A Typical Day
FIELD POLLINATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, INSeptember 24, 2017
A typical day starts at 8:00am meeting at the facility headquarters. The leaders shuttle the crew to where we are working in the field. The crew goes into the field shute-capping or putting tassel bags on the tassel on the corn. We work in blocks or by rows checking each corn stalk. There are breaks provided every two hours with gatorade and water supplied by Beck's.
Fun place to work at
Sheller (Former Employee) –  IowaFebruary 6, 2017
This place is a nice place to work at its never boring youre always doing something but its something easy so you never get tired or bored. The only bad thing is that this job just lasts like about 6 to 8 weeks
Pros
Free place to live
Working efficient company
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, INJanuary 10, 2017
Learned some good things here, helped me grow in a way. The no nonsense serious as you would imagine a growing farming company the be. Good owners, Good staff, helps not only with there current situation but also allows you to build a future.
Pros
free lunches for staff, well maintained appearance.
Cons
too serious, at times boring.
Great Company
Summer Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Henderson, KYApril 7, 2016
I was an intern for 2 summers. Hours varied, but I enjoyed work enough that I didn't care. There was even one week where I VOLUNTEERED to work 40 hours of overtime. My supervisors were professional at work, and we became friends after hours.

I met the owner my first day while waiting to take a drug test. I thought he was a customer and did not discover he was the owner of the company until he gave a state of the company address the next month.
Pros
Free Lunches, great co-workers
Cons
I worked in the summer heat. Out of their control.
Detasseling
detasseler (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, INApril 1, 2015
started at 7 am ended by 3:30 pm
learned about agriculture
easy job, loved it
hard in the hot summer
lunch break
water and gatorade provided
Good company to work for
Team Dealer Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, INFebruary 27, 2013
A typical day changes from season to season. This position requires you to be a self starter and have excellent time management skills. Everyday is different and you learn about people and yourself. My co-workers are great people and make the job very enjoyable. They offer good benefits. There are some times during the year that your traviel a lot.
Pros
no two days are ever the same
Beck's Hybrids
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, IndianaOctober 31, 2012
-Depending on the season, could be outside taking an assortment of notes. Work based on plant through harvest.
-Communication and integrity is very important in a work environment.
-Management was great and easy to get along with.
-Co-workers got along well and when we all worked as a team things went great and efficient.
-Hardest part of the job was communicating with incoming Spanish speaking help.
-Most enjoyable was during harvest getting to run the combine. Overall I got along with my employees and enjoyed working with a great group of people.
Pros
great people, provided lunch, travel work vehicles, benefits, and outside work
Cons
being away from family