The # 97 Amherst, Ohio Store Manager is responsible for all store operations and ensures efficient and profitable execution of Friendship Food Stores programs, policies and expectations through his/her store team. The Store Manager creates an environment that delivers an outstanding customer experience in a clean, friendly and safe manner. The Store Manager will attract clientele and move merchandise by ensuring that their store offers products and services that satisfy the needs and desires of their customers. The Store Manager plays a key role in these primary business areas: 1.) Merchandising and promotion of sale items, 2.) Financial Analysis including controlling site cash and inventory, adhering to store budget and labor hour guidelines, 3.) Store Operations, which includes but is not limited to receiving goods and hiring personnel. The Store Manager manages up to 30 hourly employees.
Store Manager reports directly to District Manager.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to develop and motivate a team of up to 30 employees, build relationships, and utilize skills of workforce most appropriately.
- Ability to merchandise and manage store operations effectively.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to maintain a fair, consistent set of standards as they apply to work force.
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain records and documentation pertaining to work force.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively, comprehend material, and provide instruction to all employees.
- Strong administrative, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent with minimum of two years experience in retailing, convenience or fast food industries. (management experience preferable)
- Basic computer/systems literacy (e.g., Back Office System, Word, e-mail)
- SafeServ food service certification may be required for certain locations
- Knowledge of financial management
- Ability to be on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week,
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Ability to resolve employee conflicts or customer complaints as they arise
- Ability to communicate with associates, upper management and guests
Indeed - 9 months ago