Becker College Employee Reviews in United States

I find it rewarding to assist college students, faculty, and the general public with their information and research needs.
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MassachusettsMarch 17, 2015
I have drawn upon my experiences in previous public and academic library work environments at this, my present library position. I work best when allowed to work independently. However, I encourage management to keep all lines of communication open with me and to provide me with both positive and negative feedback regarding my performance, in order that I may continuously seek self-improvement. I also derive satisfaction from training associates in library service areas that will benefit both their own career development and the needs of the library's clientele. The hardest part of the job is when a patron is reluctant to share their needs with me. The most enjoyable part of the job is when a patron tells me that I have succeeded in helping them achieve whatever goal they had when they had walked into the library that day.
Pros
Wonderful print and electronic resources to learn about and share with patrons.
Cons
Unlike my previous library positions, this is a part-time job, so I do not receive health care benefits through it.
Average college job experience
Kennel Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester, MAMay 19, 2016
A good way to make money while still attending school, Becker makes sure your work study hours are utilized. Did not learn much and did not get much hands-on experience doing technical work, also not enough one-on-one time with kennel animals.
Rewarding opportunity to teach to a wide variety of students.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 28, 2015
Enjoy teaching sociology with all its' aspects. Enjoy encouraging class participation and engagement. Enjoy helping students with their papers, extra credit presents, and field observations outside of the classroom.
Pros
Working with the students
Cons
A very long commute and lack of job security, a noncompetitive salary and no benefits.
Good Place to Work
Presidential Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 22, 2016
I enjoy working for Becker College. I do many jobs for the college and enjoy being involved. Every day is different considering what I do. My boss is a great person.
It was a very productive and learning environment.
Phonaton Manager (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 30, 2016
I contacted fellow Becker College Alumni and encouraged them to make a pledge towards the Becker Funds to assist students with a chance in getting scholarships.
Fun
Equestrian Team (Former Employee) –  Leicester, MAFebruary 17, 2016
This school was a fun place to be, until I started getting up in my years, that is when I realized how bad the school started to become, I am glad that I left when I did.
productive and good place to work
carpenter/maintenance (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 1, 2013
Many of my co-workers are good people and good workers. I've been able to work with little pressure from management. I have made some good friends at the college
Pros
good benefits, sick days, personal days, holidays, vacations and good retirement
Cons
management has changed and uses itimidation and fear
Was a great job, but was only summer help, would have stayed there, kids good of got discount on colledge
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 21, 2015
Maintained cleanliness for the students and teachers.
Made sure everything was maintained and all in good condition. Went by the office schedule. This was a great job.
Pros
Loved it
Cons
summer help-
rewarding work on a personal level
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  worcester maAugust 10, 2015
I am on the 3rd shift at Becker College, I work with little or no supervision, I enjoy working with the employees on 3rd shift, there really is no hard part of my job I like to work and learn quickly,
the enjoyable part of my job is getting my work done on time and in the right way
Pros
working 3rd shift helped with my children's schedule of school and other activities
Area Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 9, 2015
Reports to the Director of Residence Life and Conduct, the Area Coordinator fosters a safe, positive, and inclusive community environment that encourages students to develop their full potential. This position is responsible for the overall operation, administration, supervision, leadership and vision for an area of campus residence facilities. Major responsibilities include but are not limited to staff supervision, student contact advising, discipline, programming and community development, auxiliary area, and administration and training. The actions of the Area Coordinator must reflect the position held and be consistent with the mission, vision and values of Becker College. This is a live-in, 12 month, professional administrative position.
Productive College to work at and study there too
Study Abroad Marketing (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 29, 2015
I have learned so much over the course of the year at Becker College. From designing simple logos, to creating complex animations. I had a fun time there while I study there.
work at becker/sdf
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 26, 2015
the work experience was good i enjoyed working there, the managers and higher up people treated me very and problems i had i was able to talk to them about. i enjoyed that type of work
Easy Work
Game/Event Management (Former Employee) –  Leicester, MASeptember 9, 2013
A typical day was showing up and preparing to meet with people and making sure everything was organized and done in a professional manner. I learned how to be extremely organized so things run smoothly. My co-workers were enjoyable to talk to, management was always making sure I stayed on task. The hardest part of the job was making sure things ran smoothly and problem solving needed to be done immediately. The most enjoyable part of the job was bringing smiles to people's faces.
Pros
flexible schedule, free coffee, easy hours
Cons
stressful, busy
Work study job
Weight Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 14, 2014
For a work study job it was good. They paid well but the only bad thing about it was that the schedule was unbalanced. Some people would take all the hours and leave 1-2 hours for everyone else.
Happy people striving to improve
Director (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 31, 2014
Work with people who want to make a difference, opinions are listened to, change is expected, colleagues are great, expectations are high, results are required, but support is always available.
Productive workplace with friendly co-workers.
Student Ambassador/ Secretary (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 26, 2012
I've gained great oral communication skills while conducting campus tours. The hardest part of this job would be Accepted Student Day when I would give a tour to about fifteen to twenty families on two different campuses alone.
Pros
communication skills & recommendations.
Cons
no breaks, meeting new people, working hard.
Libraries: Quiet, but Fantastic
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 27, 2014
I loved working here, it was quiet and I was able to get a lot of school work done when I needed to. The staff was friendly and very understanding of what I needed each day and when I needed to take a day off, they were helpful in finding a replacement for me during my shift.
Fun environment making phone calls.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 21, 2013
My typical day at work is seat for 2 hours making phone calls to alumni to get them to donate money to the school. You very nice people and you get very rude people. the manager Charlie was very nice and understanding person all is employees.
Pros
talking to people
Cons
2 hours away from your school work
Temp
Help Desk Employee (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 29, 2012
Worked in their IT dept as a temp worker for the beginning of the sem.
Pros
small school?
Cons
not very organized, lots of internal strife, and they dropped me very suddenly one friday evening.
Men's Assistant Lacrosse Coach (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 13, 2014
good team and coach who make it a fun place to work. this job was a seasonal position.

Becker College Reviews by Location