The Project Accountant / Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the execution both internally and externally of all labor, materials, and documentation for projects under their responsibility. This will be accomplished through the use of computer knowledge and communication skills to ensure the best possible performance of all projects
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Review & determine specifications of project proposals for customer billing, general information, and determination of project set up in Timberline software.
- Create project reports to support production and accounting.
- Import project proposals into Timberline software for production tracking and accounting.
- Review project contracts to ensure they are in accordance with company policy as well as project proposals.
- Review project proposals & specifications and create purchase orders & internal requisitions for materials accordingly for individual projects.
- Coordinate with production the needs, availability, and implementation of labor on a per project basis.
- Ensure all required personnel are aware of project required regulations.
- Work in cooperation with Project Managers to make certain all changes to the project are accurately recorded and implemented.
- Accurately create and furnish all supporting accounting documentation including progress billings, final billings, AIA documentation, change requests, certified payroll reports, and others required by both internal and external sources.
- Review all on going projects on a monthly basis with Controller for errors and omissions as well as over and under billings.
- Coordinate with the Project Manager and production team the close out of projects and facilitate the return of unused material and storage/delivery of attic stock.
- Other duties as assigned to facilitate the success of assigned projects
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Ability to read construction blueprints
- Proficient in Timberline and Microsoft Office software, as well as external third party billing software
- Must be self motivated.
- Must be highly organized.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Must be a team player.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require weekend and evening work.