Becker Furniture World Employee Reviews

My best experience was great coworkers.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNSeptember 26, 2017
I enjoy assisting the customer with their design goals. However, it is a workplace culture that caters to the young employees providing sale opportunities that the older employees are denied.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Employees are not treated fairly.
They have a ton of options
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNSeptember 25, 2017
Management has always been poor there. People hired though generally created a great working dynamic. The company does offer a lot of product, so you can appeal to a broad dempgraphic.
Great Company Culture-Flexible Schedule-Awesome Management
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Becker, MNSeptember 14, 2017
BFW has been a great place to work! I wake up every morning excited to come into the office and get started!

My manager is the BEST! She is continually teaching me new things and encouraging me to do my best!

The work schedule is super flexible, which great for me as a parent! I never worry about missing out on an event or school conference!

Workplace Culture and the CORE Values are huge at Becker Furniture World. The company does a great job of sticking to them, and makes a point to not only better their employees, but better the community as well!
Pros
Excellent Benefits Package, Ample Vacation, Great Management
Cons
Many schedules are retail based.
Good Starting Point Great Product
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaSeptember 13, 2017
I learned how to sell furniture The hardest part of the job was to deal with management. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers. Sales driven environment where I was expected to greet and interact with potential customers on a daily basis. Goals are a little high. They are flexible with your weekly hours.
Pros
Good people
Cons
flexible with your hours
Poor choice
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Becker, MNJune 26, 2017
I worked at Bfw for 8 months. Never seen a review or a raise and hadn't heard of anyone else getting one eighther,you load the truck for free clean it for free. move furniture with little to no equipment mainly none.no pay to your check for doing extra stops. Even though you're payed by the stop not per hr. If someone gets a bedroom full of furniture and say a mirror cracked in the truck because they make u stack it to the cieling you don't get paid for that stop . Checks have been up to 350 short.. if you're looking for a career you won't find it here ! Terrible management.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Everything.
Slow environment, be good at keeping busy.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaMay 8, 2017
Typical day is sitting around waiting for people to come in, in the meantime study product and cleaning can always be done. This is the hardest part, Staying busy and positive.
Pros
Fun learning experience, meet different people, relationship sales building, training can be slow
Cons
little advancement, shady sales people, competitive in a bad way at times, only 3 holidays off a year, work all weekends, slow, very little to do most of the time
furniture
Furniture Assembler (Former Employee) –  Becker, MNApril 10, 2017
Pretty relaxed job the pace isn't over the top and get to work and assemble a variety of furniture. Fair amount of heavy lifting but you control your pace.
Prepping
Prepping Lead (Former Employee) –  Becker, MNJanuary 11, 2017
Prepped and built furniture for customers. I managed approx. 5 people on a daily basis. I coordinated with trash, plastic and foam pick up to keep the warehouse running smoothly.
Enjoyed my job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Becker, MNDecember 26, 2016
I worked with the Repair Technicians, by ordering the parts that they needed. Constant contact with all the Furniture Vendors.

Also, helped out in the Customer Service Area, following up with the customers on the type of service that they received and also if they had any problems.
Pros
Nice discount packages for the employees
Cons
Health benefits weren't that good when I was there.
Fun job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Becker, MNOctober 9, 2016
super fun job, great way to gain experience. also a great job for an innovative mind. very big on safety, lots of machinery that can injure those who are not careful
Great Job, Great way to gain experience
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Becker, MNOctober 9, 2016
Very fun, teamwork, and rewarding job. A young environment, with men who strive to achieve the same goals. As long as you do your best you will be fine!
Distrubution center is a nightmare.
no Idea (Former Employee) –  Becker MNSeptember 29, 2016
I only worked here for one day so take everything with a grain of salt, perhaps this is a rare occurrence, but it was the worst experience of my life. I was never interviewed. No one would tell me how much the job paid and when I asked other employees they said that they didn't know how much they got paid until their first check arrived. They started me with no training or orientation. I didn't fill out any paperwork and didn't have a background check done on me.I assumed that they would do all of that later on in my shift, but it never happened. They had me drive a forklift also without any training or licence. The supervisor swore at me and another new guy for no reason at all. He had a terrible attitude toward everything and obviously has no idea how to treat people let alone new trainees. When I finally asked one of the supervisors there how much I would be getting paid he said $10 an hour. That's right for a job lifting furniture all day and driving a forklift. $10. You could work at a fast food restaurant for that kind of money. And then he started telling me about not burning bridges and "ticking" people off by asking these questions. So I'm ticking people off by asking how much I'm getting paid. Those are the people you will deal with if you work here! Other than the people and the pay the work is still relatively easy If they paid more and were more organized it would be a nice place to work.
Pros
The work is not difficult.
Cons
Terrible Management. Terrible pay
Good Fast Paced Job
Warehouse Prep (Former Employee) –  Becker, MNApril 24, 2016
Good Fast Paced Job of preparing furniture for delivery. Excellent people to work with and a fantastic boss. Not alot of advancement but a solid company overall.
Sales goal-driven environment.
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNMarch 2, 2016
It was a Sales goal-driven environment where I was expected to greet and interact with potential customers on a daily basis.

I learned that it came very easy for me to sell our "Montage" Protection Plan to my clients.

I felt as though management was unfair at times as well as inappropriate.

The hardest part of my job was hitting unrealistic goals and if you did not hit your goal, then the amount you missed by was then deducted from your paycheck. From an entrepreneurial stand-point, this was a brilliant idea, but from a Sales / Design Consultant's stand-point, this seemed unfair and that all our of hard work was for nothing.
Cons
The pay structure
Sporadic job functions
Floor Processor (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNFebruary 29, 2016
The hardest part of this job is assembling furniture with little directions and dealing with the management staff and their endless demands.
Very high employee turnover..Micromanaging nightmare!! Stay Away!
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Becker MN - Distribution CenterFebruary 26, 2016
Perfect place for the average slacker who wants to gossip and surf the internet all day. Those of you who do slack will be promoted, and the ones who work hard every minute of every day while growing and making a position more efficient and a million times better than it was in the past....will be fired simply because you are personally not "liked" by the wrong people who will be out to get you until you are gone.

If you enjoy getting paid just above poverty, paying for insurance that doesn't cover anything, and being talked about behind your back daily while management does nothing about it, except punish you for it, then this is the place for you. Just keep in mind, within a few weeks or a few months, you will be looking for another job one way or another.
Pros
Free luches a few times a year. Jeans on Fridays.
Cons
Too many to list, Please seriously reconsider applying or accepting a job from this company, I cant tell you how many people came and went while i was there in my short time, and most were fired with no warning, Dont put yourself in a situation that will land you out of work again, Look elsewhere, there ARE better places out there for everyone!
Great
Shift Leader/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNMay 8, 2015
The best part was co-workers, and mangement, and customers. The hardest was customers. A typical day would be answering phones, and sitting on the computer.
Only tolerable with good coworkers
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  becker, MNSeptember 14, 2014
Management is nonexistent. Pay is terrible for the job you're expected to do.
Very demanding with little direction.
Customer Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Becker, MNMay 13, 2014
The people who work here is what makes this place great. Typical work day is slow to very slow.
Poor Management
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Becker, MNMarch 10, 2014
The manager there, has been there nine years and has had no training on how to respect employees. In twenty-three years of employment thru my life, Management at Becker Furniture World is the worst I've ever seen. Stay away.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Becker Furniture World. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8