Beckfield College Employee Reviews

Professional atmosphere with team-centered workers.
Financial Aid Advisor (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYApril 21, 2017
My previous skills were utilized in my position which included accuracy, respect towards others and professionalism. The departments worked together to achieve their quarterly enrollment goals.
Disorganized
Practical Nursing Instructor (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYApril 8, 2017
Everyone I work with is very nice, but it can be a bit unprofessional and disorganized. It may be better for full time faculty, but as an adjunct I didn't get much orientation.

Whenever I have a question, though, everyone is willing to help and very knowledgeable.
Educators are excellent, but the corporate culture is destructive.
Staff (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 22, 2017
The educators at Beckfield College sincerely care for the students. They are passionate and well educated in their respective fields of study and provide a solid foundation in most classes. However, the poor management direction of the corporate leaders diminishes the positive aspects of working for this institution. The mandate from the investment group ownership for high profit margins (as is the case in most, if not all for-profit institutions) drives all decisions without regard to the educational voice of the campus.

Unfortunately, many staff cutbacks have resulted in campus leadership being dismissed and unqualified individuals being put into oversight positions based on personal relationships without regard to competency.
Pros
Facilities are nice.
Cons
Corporate competency and nepotism.
Have a Back Up Career Plan
Program Coordinator for Personal Training (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 18, 2017
As a former Program Coordinator, I can say that I loved this job! I enjoyed going to work each day and helping the students who were genuinely trying to better themselves. However, the upper management would not budge on the direction THEY wanted to take my program as I helplessly watched the program go down in flames. Each day was a battle to make the program better and I began to see great progress, but against my will we just took one step forward and two steps back until the program crashed. Overall, this was a very rewarding and fun job and I met some amazing people. The campus leaders were great but upper management shows no loyalty to students or employees. I can recommend the job, but do not expect it to be a career. In the two plus years I worked at Beckfield, I watched almost every employee and program come and go!
Pros
Meeting, working with, and teaching good people, decent pay
Cons
No job security. Poor upper mangement
Care about their students
Allied Health Instructor - PT (Former Employee) –  Florence, KY 41042January 20, 2017
Beckfield cares about the quality of education that their students receive. Their instructors are qualified and have experience in the courses that they teach.
Proprietary College
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Springdale, OHJanuary 18, 2017
Beckfield is a small proprietary college with an emphasis on the medical fields.
The school has multiple resources to offer their students.
Great Program
Advisory Board Hotel & Restaurant Management (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 17, 2016
Great to be involved in shaping future hospitality students.
Colleagues and other members highly involved.
Faculty adds real life experience.
Up to date curriculum adds value
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYOctober 1, 2016
The hardest part about my job is helping someone understand the value of achieving their own goals.

My job is to explain to a perspective student how my school will help them with future dreams.
15 Years employment experience
Assistant Career Center Director (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYAugust 3, 2016
Assisting graduates with program and degree employment relative to their education while documenting for accreditation purposes.
Good school with an eye on compliance
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYJune 10, 2015
Beckfield is a good place to learn the business of admissions. A flexible person with motivation and a good work ethic can be successful there.
Admissions Representative Summary
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 16, 2015
A typical day at work involves making 100-150 phone calls per day to prospective students as well as interviewing new students.

I have learned to work well on a team.
Beckfield Instructors
T-SQL, Project Management, Active Scripting (Current Employee) –  Florence, KyMay 5, 2015
Great location to help next generation transition to computer science. Flexible class scheduling and boots on ground and on-line environment. Flexible approach to material presentation and evaluation process all fitting accreditation standards and formats.
Instructors were all great to work with in the technology space. Helping students see their potential was enjoyable.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great class sizes
Cons
small enrollment, schedule not always set
For profit education
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYMay 4, 2015
Proprietary education is not for everyone. This is a good school but the management does not care about the students regardless of how they market the college. I don't believe it will be in existence for much longer.
Wonderful experience for practitioners in the field to teach at a technical college
Primary Instructor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 15, 2015
You are paid per 6 week contract
Class availability depends on student enrollment
Odd pay days: 5th & 20th of each month
A LOT of paperwork to fill out..
Syllabus can be tough to adhere to ...
Long blocks of instruction
BUT! Great leadership that is very supportive..
Pros
Great leadership
Cons
paid per contract
Stressful Invironment
Medical Massage Program Director (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 8, 2015
For profit school that has a high degree of employee turnover and is going through upper management changes. Has an atmosphere of micro-management and stress.
Faced paced environment
Nurse Faculty (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYMarch 2, 2015
Beckfield College does a wonderful job supporting their students. The faulty help students recognize their needs and provide them with the information that will help the students succeed.
Pros
Faculty support
Cons
Student Faculty ratio
Staff and Faculty and Students was great to work with
Facilities Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYJanuary 1, 2015
I would open the doors so the students could come in and start studying. Then I would make sure that the facilities was clean and everything in good working order so that the staff would not have to wait to begin classes. Management was great to work with very friendly. The hardest part of my job was to keep bathrooms working the way they was supposed to. The most enjoyable was when I got to encourage the students to pursue their dream of getting their degree and encourage them not to quit.
Chaos
Lab instructor (Former Employee) –  AllApril 16, 2014
Very unorganized, chaotic, terrible Nclex scores..over priced for the terrible education you receive..
Community college committed to empowering adults to continuing their education.
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Springdale, OHJuly 11, 2013
As an adjunct I was paid we ll and enjoyed working with a professional staff committed to excellence.
Always a chaotic campus and unrealistic in performance
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 10, 2013
Besides the paperwork issues the upper management are overworked, underpaid, and ineffective
Pros
students
Cons
management