Beckman Coulter, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Do not work at the Danvers site!
Development Scientist II (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAMarch 1, 2016
The company as a whole is decent-standard corporate politics. However, the management in the development group there leaves alot to be desired. If you interview, ask about 1) expected minimum hours per week(truth is 55-60), 2) retention levels, 3) how they survey morale in the group.
Pros
You get health insurance(not good), 401k choices are decent, direct deposit
Cons
Work hours, awful management
Highly Competitive Work Environment
Senior Analyst- Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TexasJanuary 15, 2016
Typical work day consisted of interfacing between customers and support groups. Supporting instrument platforms for customer support and FDA compliance. Advanced knowledge of instruments required as well as Company policies regarding data management and customer confidentiality.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Remote location required most training via remote accession.
High Pace Environment
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 6, 2016
Supporting senior executives with scheduling, conferences, meetings, workshops, monthly departmental budgets and various special projects.
Pros
Company Benefits
Cons
Danaher Culture
If you have no life work at Beckman Coulter!
International Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYFebruary 5, 2016
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. I was hired to be an administrative assistant. They "lost" me on the warehouse floor for 7 months! I have never been on a warehouse floor in my life. I was then transferred into the office as an international logistics coordinator when they transferred this department from Brea, CA. What a joke! Absolutely no training other than watching Power Point slides. We were basically thrown into our desks and told to do the job. They hired a supervisor for our department outside of the company. All I will say is "incompetent". Several employees (including myself) complained about her unprofessional manner, rudeness and incompetence. Nothing was done. I walked off of my job (something I have never done) after witnessing her once again treat a coworker with disrespect. Management is a joke! No transparency at all. You doubt everything you are told. A total Stepford Wives work environment. Work/life balance is pathetic. You can be ready to leave work for the day and have a supervisor insist you stay to work on her last minute business. No notice, no asking, you are just TOLD you must stay. Management is all about themselves and their bonuses. Employee wages are stagnant. Temporary employees are paid several dollars an hour more than full time permanent employees. If you're looking for a job and don't care about your personal life, wages or how you are treated by management, apply at Beckman. There will be a mass exodus soon. Note to management - you get out of employees what you put into them. Stop feeding them lies.  more... Stop worrying about your bonus and pay your employees more than temps. Listen to your employees. Hire competent supervisors. One last thing....going to HR about any issues is useless! No results. Always sides with management/supervisor. They are the "cool kids with the in club".  less
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Everything else.
Teamwork - made the working environment more enjoyable to come to work and be a part of that team.
Complaint Investigator (Former Employee) –  Chaska, MNJanuary 20, 2016
This company made a great working environment. I investigated the complaints to see if they needed to be reported to the FDA (timely). I worked closely with the engineers for the root cause and any additional information needed.

I learned more about diagnostic devices MDR (medical device reporting.

Management was a caring style.

Trending was the hardest part of the job.

Working with people who knew how to work together and was will to help their co-worker.
Pros
Cafe' for lunch on the campus
Cons
Team oriented workplace with very supportive staff and management
Development Scientist- Hematology/Diagnostics Div (Former Employee) –  Miami, FlSeptember 2, 2015
Excellent company to work for. The staff in my department were all great, and management really supports their employees.
Pros
Family environment, and compensation is very competitive
Cons
Vision and dental are not great.
8 Years at Beckman Coulter
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 7, 2015
Beckman Coulter was a great place to work in terms of my career, as it was the longest of my employments and taught me a lot. Throughout my time there I handled many things such as high levels of inbound customer service calls, manual order entry, and being the sole Lean Six Sigma representative for the Customer Service team. In addition, the pay grade was high in comparison to similar jobs at the time, as I was able to obtain an increase in pay annually due to my personal review and statistics (call monitoring by management, number of manual orders processed monthly, quality review, etc).
Pros
Close proximity to home
Great people
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 5, 2016
PM Coordinator.
Answer calls for repair on production equipment.
Assisted with engineers in making improvements.
Worked on close call work orders.
I find the management leadership very knowledgeable and easy to work with.
Co-workers are excellent to work with.
Waiting for the next day to come.
Making repairs to a piece of equipment in a timely manner.
Pros
Company is a good place to work for.
Cons
I really don't have one.
Challenging and intriguing company
Client Service Coordinator, Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 12, 2015
What this company does for the world is absolutely amazing. Was proud to be a part of this team! Too bad we got laid off. The coworkers were amazing! Benefits as well as great health Insurance and fantastic compensation!
Pros
Healthcare
Distribution Facility Lead
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KYMarch 12, 2015
I am currently a Warehouse Lead. My daily duties consist of:
Hourly reports
Training / Cross training new associates
Hold QDIP (Quality) meetings daily
Answer customer service emails

Highly motivated leader to my team. I thoroughly enjoy working with all of my fellow co-workers along with the management team.

The hardest part of my position right now is the heavy workload expected on a daily basis. Being extremely understaffed since transitioning to a Warehouse Management System in September, has heavily weighed upon the management team. For 8 months it has been a consistent 6 - 7 day work weeks.

Very interested to see where skills that I have obtained in my 7 years with Beckman Coulter may lead me. In search of a great corporation where I am able to expand my career and utilize my knowledge as well as continually grow.
Pros
great health benefits - competitive vacation / sick time - 401k
Very Unpredictable
Coordinator of Materials and Planning (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 24, 2016
The company says they promote from within but they don't and they don't follow through with things. They reward the lazy workers and overlook the good and dependable workers.
Pros
Co workers
NAS is fine
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYMarch 17, 2016
NAS is a decent place to work. Just away from town. Not much to do in the area. The management is fine. Co-workers are great. Just an industrial environment. May not be the ideal place for many.
Working for Beckman Coulter was a career
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAJanuary 20, 2016
I worked for Beckman Coulter for 29+ years. It was a career. I very much liked my work. I enjoyed the company, the growth, the experiences. I mostly enjoyed applications in IT. I enjoyed writing software, managing software, business analysis, working with the business.
Solid company trying to produce high quality, timely products
Staff Scientist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 11, 2016
Work/life balance is rarely mentioned. There is a bit of churning as the company strives toward the scientific method for problem solving. This usually results in months of filling out specific problem solving forms, and makes it difficult to spend time tackling the actual problem. High transparency is a goal, which is great if you're a high performer - all. the. time. Burn-out is a high possibility unless you know how to take care of yourself.
Productive fun workplace, ecellent work environment, great hours.
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 26, 2016
Productive and fun workplace, excellent work environment and cool coworkers. I say a fun workplace that includes going on events located in the Indianapolis area, shows employee appreciation, we have pitch-ins where the job provides lunch for us that day.
Pros
Awesome supervisor, work is steady, I get to listen to music while i work, go on events, pitch-ins, I just love it!
Cons
Can't really think of any cons, sorry.
Wonderful experience
Customer Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 3, 2016
Wonderful place to work!! Good benefits. Great hours and the company always has something positive going on for the employees
Pros
Bonus annually
I loved working there.
Director of Facility Maintenance Operations (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 9, 2016
The team was all good co worker, Management always let you know
when you did some right. Best job I ever had. I hate that we closed.
Work expanding, but jobs decreasing
Sr. Facility Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Brea, CASeptember 25, 2015
Work load continues to grow, but budgets continue to decrease, leaving to much to do for current staff. Work life balance is ok depending on which department you worked for. everything changed when Danaher took over.
Pros
on-site cafeteria & gym, but food was way over priced and no time to utilize gym
Cons
Work load increasing while staff decreasing. many associates leaving.
Decent Place to work - Don't expect too much mobility
Coordinator Customer Support (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAJune 17, 2015
Standard package of benefits, with healthcare being a bit on the cheap side. Some questionable cost-saving choices by management, as with many corporations. Plenty of room within company and parent corporation to move around, but don't expect too much from management in terms of help.
Pros
nice campus
Cons
sub par health insurance benefits
Very supportive and balanced work place
Senior Development Scientist (Current Employee) –  Chaska, MNMarch 23, 2016
This company provides an awesome mentor ship and helps associates grow in their roles and cross functionally. Exceptional worklife balance makes it more fun place to be.