Beckman Coulter, Inc. Employee Reviews

good benefits, good pay, no life/work balance, "do whatever it takes" mentality regardless of your situation or personal life, horrible management
Electronics Technician Engineering (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 22, 2017
No work/life balance, and managers are not willing to hear you out. They will send you home as they see fit to meet their numbers. hard to advance in your department, most managers will tell you not to even try. It is a drag coming to work everyday and not knowing what the future holds.
Pros
good benefits and compensation
Beckman Coulter, Inc promotes excellence in customer service and satisfaction.
Senior Coordinator Logistics (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAMay 18, 2017
Beckman Coulter, Inc offers it's employee's the opportunity for growth and advancement within the organization. It strives for continued innovation and growth within the medical field.
fun place to work
Application Scientist (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 17, 2017
managment not forgiving. the team is cut throat and the sales team will do anything for themselves they are not customer focused and will even break the law.
Mediocre place to work
Engineer (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaMay 15, 2017
This company is really a stepping stone company. It is not innovative and uses out dated everything. People describe it as a "me too" company, they can't think of innovative stuff so they copy competitors. There is a really bad culture there, no team unity. The management in place is sad and weak, they are unable to fight for their directs. No matter the output employees are rated as meets most expectations, they don't even rate people meets expectations or higher any longer. There is no development, nothing of substance that could be put on a resume. Advancement is rare, you have to apply for different positions to move up. it is rare to be promoted. There is no accountability and no one gets fired so there are a lot of incompetent people causing damage to the companies product quality and reputation. I think it is an ok first job but not a place to stay for too long.
Pros
Stable, great work life balance
Cons
Poor management, no innovation, no growth and development, and no accountability (they don't fire anyone)
Avoid
Senior Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 2, 2017
Extremely disorganized company. Danaher buyout did not improve work/life balance or job satisfaction. Would not recommend to anyone who wants a life outside of work.
It was a wonderful company to work for.
Biostatistician Intern (Former Employee) –  Chaska, MNApril 23, 2017
I love to work at beckman coulter as I was luckily worked with a wonderful and supportive team. All the members in our team are very helpful and always be there for you to ask for help. My manager is a wonderful leader and he is always very patient and considerate and very supportive!!
Challenging fast paced atmosphere
Associate (Current Employee) –  Chaska, MNApril 17, 2017
Every day is different. Great coworkers and if you're willing to work hard, you will be rewarded. Advancement in the company is highly encouraged and cross functional teams are implemented often.
Pros
Great company with a long history
Cons
Can be very stressful
Heavy handed and "top heavy" corporation
Senior Quality Engineer-Contract (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAApril 10, 2017
Poor level of collaboration, and the company is dominated by fear of failure and strong dominating and arrogant personalities. I have nothing good to say about this employer, but some of my coworkers were great people.
Pros
Not much but pay was fair.
Cons
Everything else. Don't work here!
good place
Credit Collections Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAApril 9, 2017
really highly diverse company. but only invest in contractual employees but there .
cafeteria has great food options that work out really well if you picky
Productive work environment
Computer Specialist ­ Assistant Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 6, 2017
Assigned to various projects throughout Miami, Broward and the East Coast

Installed, modified, cleaned and upgraded computer hardware and software for various clients
Pros
Team Spirit
Cons
Healthcare was too expensive
Onboarding was a pleasant experience
Distribution Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 30, 2017
A typical day at work consist of very long hours with being on second shift so your end time varies. You learn computer skills, customer relations and customer satisfaction. Management could be better. The hardest part of the job is picking up other slack.The most enjoyable part is being able to leave on time.
Pros
Catered Lunches at times
Cons
Long hours on 2nd shift shipping
decent
International Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KYMarch 21, 2017
rather not discuss
decent environment
just waited for them to hire
me.

they only hired 3 out of 40
they kept promising to hire but never did
so I took employment elsewhere
Pros
pay
Cons
used temps
Material Handle
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAMarch 20, 2017
I had a great with new coworkers. They were teach to me how got everything and carry with the boxes. it was a great a work.

Thank you so much for got me at new job, I am accept it =)
a nice company
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 19, 2017
A nice company to work. The engineering team was very helpful when I was a junior there. But the management team was not strong or qualified enough. I like the projects I worked there. Enjoyed working there.
Okay when i first started
Advanced Distribution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 16, 2017
I would come in and open up, cycle count, stock, and ship. A lot on my plate. I've learned a lot from this company. Travel for this company. the work culture was chaotic at times. on call every other weekend. Hardest part of the job was supervisors micromanaging. other than that the company was okay!
Pros
Started early so i got off early
Cons
Putting out alot of fires daily
I enjoyed working at Beckman Coulter these past 11 year, great work environment.
Coordinator Customer Support (Client Services) (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAMarch 16, 2017
I enjoyed working at Beckman Coulter these past 11 year, especially in the department I first worked in. The work environment was professional, yet enjoyable. I enjoyed learning about the company’s products and how efficient the products were in a working lab. A typical work day in customer service was busy, but satisfying, knowing you are assisting customers in the medical field. The trickiest part of the job was juggling the various priorities. The most enjoyable part of the job was the sense of satisfaction that came from taking care of our customers that work in medical labs who take care of patients all of the world.
Pros
Professional environment, the facility has a cafe and a gym, friendly employees, great benefits .
Cons
Job training is not as efficient, stress can be elevated at times.
Servicio al cliente
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Caguas, PRMarch 13, 2017
Un dia tipico recibir las ordenes de servicio y realizar citas a clientes
Pros
Trabajo temporero
Cons
Nada
Good employees, management issues, good pay. Decent benefits, too much overtime
Distribution Technician (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYMarch 9, 2017
I was here during a transition to an updated WMS system. management didn't know how much product was coming or going. Had a hard time keeping the different areas staffed correctly. We were working so much overtime due to the complications and mistakes that it took over my life. They even asked once if anyone would be willing to sleep in the warehouse so that they could guaranteed they'd be there due to upcoming snow. The place basically fell apart at the seams. Managers, supervisors and even HR people were walking out on the company with no warning.
Pros
Decent pay, good training
Cons
bad management, overtime, misdirection.
Advancement Opportunities
Supervisor Instrument Manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 8, 2017
Great place to work. Opportunity for advancement is great. Gives you the skills you need to succeed at your job. Great people and great environment to work in.
good company to work for
Senior Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAFebruary 27, 2017
Beckman is a good company to work for. very good work life balance. and the work load is manageable .
the culture is great and love people i work with.
Pros
great culture
Cons
I wish it was in irvine

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beckman Coulter, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval