Beckman Coulter, Inc. Employee Reviews

It was a wonderful company to work for.
Biostatistician Intern (Former Employee) –  Chaska, MNApril 23, 2017
I love to work at beckman coulter as I was luckily worked with a wonderful and supportive team. All the members in our team are very helpful and always be there for you to ask for help. My manager is a wonderful leader and he is always very patient and considerate and very supportive!!
Challenging fast paced atmosphere
Associate (Current Employee) –  Chaska, MNApril 17, 2017
Every day is different. Great coworkers and if you're willing to work hard, you will be rewarded. Advancement in the company is highly encouraged and cross functional teams are implemented often.
Pros
Great company with a long history
Cons
Can be very stressful
Heavy handed and "top heavy" corporation
Senior Quality Engineer-Contract (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAApril 10, 2017
Poor level of collaboration, and the company is dominated by fear of failure and strong dominating and arrogant personalities. I have nothing good to say about this employer, but some of my coworkers were great people.
Pros
Not much but pay was fair.
Cons
Everything else. Don't work here!
good place
Credit Collections Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAApril 9, 2017
really highly diverse company. but only invest in contractual employees but there .
cafeteria has great food options that work out really well if you picky
Productive work environment
Computer Specialist ­ Assistant Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 6, 2017
Assigned to various projects throughout Miami, Broward and the East Coast

Installed, modified, cleaned and upgraded computer hardware and software for various clients
Pros
Team Spirit
Cons
Healthcare was too expensive
Onboarding was a pleasant experience
Distribution Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 30, 2017
A typical day at work consist of very long hours with being on second shift so your end time varies. You learn computer skills, customer relations and customer satisfaction. Management could be better. The hardest part of the job is picking up other slack.The most enjoyable part is being able to leave on time.
Pros
Catered Lunches at times
Cons
Long hours on 2nd shift shipping
decent
International Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KYMarch 21, 2017
rather not discuss
decent environment
just waited for them to hire
me.

they only hired 3 out of 40
they kept promising to hire but never did
so I took employment elsewhere
Pros
pay
Cons
used temps
Material Handle
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAMarch 20, 2017
I had a great with new coworkers. They were teach to me how got everything and carry with the boxes. it was a great a work.

Thank you so much for got me at new job, I am accept it =)
a nice company
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 19, 2017
A nice company to work. The engineering team was very helpful when I was a junior there. But the management team was not strong or qualified enough. I like the projects I worked there. Enjoyed working there.
Okay when i first started
Advanced Distribution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 16, 2017
I would come in and open up, cycle count, stock, and ship. A lot on my plate. I've learned a lot from this company. Travel for this company. the work culture was chaotic at times. on call every other weekend. Hardest part of the job was supervisors micromanaging. other than that the company was okay!
Pros
Started early so i got off early
Cons
Putting out alot of fires daily
I enjoyed working at Beckman Coulter these past 11 year, great work environment.
Coordinator Customer Support (Client Services) (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAMarch 16, 2017
I enjoyed working at Beckman Coulter these past 11 year, especially in the department I first worked in. The work environment was professional, yet enjoyable. I enjoyed learning about the company’s products and how efficient the products were in a working lab. A typical work day in customer service was busy, but satisfying, knowing you are assisting customers in the medical field. The trickiest part of the job was juggling the various priorities. The most enjoyable part of the job was the sense of satisfaction that came from taking care of our customers that work in medical labs who take care of patients all of the world.
Pros
Professional environment, the facility has a cafe and a gym, friendly employees, great benefits .
Cons
Job training is not as efficient, stress can be elevated at times.
Good employees, management issues, good pay. Decent benefits, too much overtime
Distribution Technician (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYMarch 9, 2017
I was here during a transition to an updated WMS system. management didn't know how much product was coming or going. Had a hard time keeping the different areas staffed correctly. We were working so much overtime due to the complications and mistakes that it took over my life. They even asked once if anyone would be willing to sleep in the warehouse so that they could guaranteed they'd be there due to upcoming snow. The place basically fell apart at the seams. Managers, supervisors and even HR people were walking out on the company with no warning.
Pros
Decent pay, good training
Cons
bad management, overtime, misdirection.
Advancement Opportunities
Supervisor Instrument Manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 8, 2017
Great place to work. Opportunity for advancement is great. Gives you the skills you need to succeed at your job. Great people and great environment to work in.
good company to work for
Senior Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAFebruary 27, 2017
Beckman is a good company to work for. very good work life balance. and the work load is manageable .
the culture is great and love people i work with.
Pros
great culture
Cons
I wish it was in irvine
Electrical Medical Assembly (Former Employee) –  Chaska, MNFebruary 26, 2017
If I still lived in that area I would still work there.
Laid back environment with a lot of management support and newer employee based facilities.Super fun.
Pros
Nice facilities, friendly management, great benefits and job environment.
Confusion
Quality Assurance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAFebruary 20, 2017
Confusion - no solution to the craziness that happens at Beckman. Not a good experience. No job security. No one has the answers...chaotic place to work.
Enjoyable Workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYFebruary 16, 2017
Working at Beckman Coutler was an enjoyable experience for me a typical day at work was very fun and I was excited to go everyday. During my time there I learned how to pick parts and pack boxes, I also learned how to use a scanner. The management was great in my opinion, they were always very nice to me and had a positive attitude. The workplace was cold but other than that it was nice. The hardest part about working at Beckman Coutler was packing for the international packages because the shipments were much larger with nearly 5,000 parts. The most enjoyable part about working there was working in the freezer, it was nice and quiet.
Biotech Company
Staff Optical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 8, 2017
The Miami campus of Beckman Coulter in is a biotech company focused on blood analysis instrumentation. The company employs a diverse work force.
Challenging work enviroment
Clinical Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAFebruary 1, 2017
2 to 3 calls per day, learned something new almost on every assignment, management had its ups and downs in triaging the daily workload as calls would often overlap. Work place culture was one of mostly helping on another out, The hardest part of the job was trying to keep etas as jobs would either run over or the distances were far apart. Most enjoyable part of the job was a successful fix.
Ineffective Management
Global Finished Goods Planner (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 1, 2017
Typical centralization then decentralization. Good ole boy culture. Great co-workers and nice office environment. Constant change in organization as well as business approach.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beckman Coulter, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Beckman Coulter, Inc. Reviews by Location