Beckman Coulter, Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Associate Technician (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLAugust 17, 2017
A typical day at work: I turn on machinery, program 2D bar code printers with the correct information for the specific job, then wait until the heat tunnel gets to 307*F. At this point, I start to pass kits through a series of sections of the machine. It starts with the scale. I set the scale on grams to let me know if the kit has anything missing or extra inside. Next, the kit goes through the first 2D bar code printer, then through L Sealer and into the Shanklin Heat tunnel. Then four kits go into a shipping case, through tape machine and then the 2D bar code printer for the shipping case. After I pass the kits that are done I will start to separate materials for the next job.

What I have learned: Learned to drive a stand-up fork lift. A lot of different training, such as Hazmat, Workplace Harassment, Ergonomics, Workplace Safety, etc...

Management is always making sure how we are doing, checking to see if we need anything or have any ideas on how to make our job more efficient.

Workplace Culture is great. Everybody helps each other out and gets along. Great workplace environment.

The hardest part of the job is to make sure the product it put together correctly and that the deadline is met.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that the product that we make and put together is saving lives around the world.
Beckman
SR. TECHNICAL WRITER (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 15, 2017
Great work/life balance and very good leadership. The company employees are very friendly and are always available to help and support each other. Conveniently located and very good place to work.
Pros
Free coffee, big lunch room, many good company events
good people
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSAugust 15, 2017
The main body of personnel is very pleasant to work with. At the customer level, the people are dedicated. Attitudes vary as with all companies mostly professional.
Productive and fun to work
Tests engineer (Former Employee) –  Chaska, MN, USAAugust 13, 2017
Great place to work, had great interaction with all the department, got lot to learn from the project worked. any technical help needed was provided by the senior members.
Challenging company with rewarding results
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chaska, MNAugust 13, 2017
Beckman will challenge you to grow and delivery results. Focused in the clinical diagnostics area. Lean manufacturing principles are employed, with a focus on continuous improvement.
Culture Change
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAAugust 11, 2017
Carlsbad site is experiencing some low moral due to lack of a future vision for the site. Great people but not a lot of hope for future sustainment. A lot of folks coming of retirement age and no replacements are made when they leave.
Not a Progressive Place
Group Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAAugust 9, 2017
Solid company but it's not the place for progressive thinkers. Beyond the constraints of any FDA regulated it tends to stifle creativity. This has much to do with the near constant crisis mode stemming from a few, but regular, critical missteps in the past several years.
Beckman has a very poor track record for diversity. I'll give it credit for placing a few women in C-level roles. But across the broad scope of the company key roles reflect a very staid culture.
Pros
Life impacting products, committed workforce
Cons
Poor innovation, low work life balance, subpar management
Horrible place to work
Senior Procurement Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAAugust 3, 2017
Very unorganized, too many software systems with no formal training, no work-life balance, don't care about employees, management out for themselves, they have engagement surveys but lie about outcome and do nothing about the inherent problems pointed out in them, make you sign SOP's even if they are wrong or do not pertain to your function or the company policies, push for year over year cost savings but waste money on unnecessary expenditures, bad forecasting, knee-jerk reactions to everything, manipulate numbers so they do not have to give out promised bonuses and find ways to not give proper raises (raises range from 0.5% to 1.5%)
Pros
Bagels on Friday
Cons
Heath Care is expensive and only offer PPO
Came back for a reason
Staff Support/Quality Assurance Scientist (Current Employee) –  Chaska, MNAugust 1, 2017
I left BCI to return to laboratory medicine; very hard to leave because it was a great company to work for, and always wanted to return. I had opportunity to come back and jumped back in with both feet when the molecular platform they were working on presented itself with needs for support personnel.
Culture was very fast-paced; there was a sense of urgency to get assays optimized and available to expand menu, and at the same time support existing assays. I enjoyed the work and my colleagues.
Pros
Flexible schedule and work from home option
Cons
Not a lot of vacation time (3 weeks/ year for first 5 years)
productive and fun work place
Manufacturer Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 25, 2017
It was a great place to work. This was the first warehouse job I had and it was a great place to learn. They show me a lot about this industries . If i had not re-located I would still be there.
Many company audits from various agencies and customers-Chatsworth Site
Senior Representative Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAJuly 25, 2017
Too many audits.
Learned how to use various software systems
Learned how to prepare/manage surprise audits
Management didn't always have clear plans/goals
Negative culture by many unhappy folks due to the company acquisition/merger in 2013-lines were blurred on what process, site or procedure to follow.
To many software systems to process one document
No flexible work hours
Too much overtime
Pros
Good compensation/Benefits
Cons
Poor work life balance
Stressful Workplace
Senior ME/Project Lead (Current Employee) –  West SacramentoJuly 25, 2017
Culture is toxic. Projects are micro-managed using the Danaher DBS tools; the process becomes the project. Demanding of tasks/projects to be completed on-time regardless regard of reasoning for delay. Long workdays and weekends are expected in order to meet deadlines. Stretch goals are the norm.
Tremendous Launching Pad
Global Project Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 22, 2017
A typical work day consists of a high-paced culture with a laser focus on customer satisfaction. Work/Life balance is not fantastic for the compensation; however, the culture of learning and advancement will propel you within the organization and beyond.
Pros
Education & Advancement
Cons
Work/Life Balance & Compensation
Great people and product.
Senior Procurement Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAJuly 19, 2017
Loved it hear till they decided to move us. Would have stayed here till I retired. Many would have. Just not good working in California these days.
Pros
The people
Cons
greed
part of a Major conglomerate
Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 16, 2017
Many, many new productivity tools pushed on newly acquired businesses to add to their diverse portfolio. Good tools but poor execution. Leadership needs better skills to deal with continuous change.
Laid back and team work / projects
Coordinator customer support (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 11, 2017
My day at work is non stop.
I've learned different aspects of coordinating with customers and associates.
Management is always willing to help with all aspects.
The hardest part of the job is, not working.
The other employees are another great part of showing up to work.
Shipping and Receiving
Material Handler & Receiving (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 11, 2017
I worked in the shipping and receiving department delivering boxes to all the laboratories. This job has a great schedule and it does not change giving me the opportunity to keep studying.
Pros
Set Schedule, good amount of breaks.
Cons
temp for 18 months, low pay
Great place to work!
Applications Scientist I (Former Employee) –  Chaska, MNJuly 10, 2017
From my very first day I was impressed with the culture of the employees. Everyone was very friendly and positive. I had such a great time working there.
No review
Staff QA Scientist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 10, 2017
Do not want to provide any information, about a typical day of work, what I have learned, the management, the workplace culture. The hardest part or the most enjoyable part of the job.
great opportunity for advancement
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJuly 10, 2017
During my time at Beckman Coulter, there was definitely an up or out mentality. This works for high performing employees; not so much of others. I learned a lot enjoyed the pace of work. I had the best first line manager that I have had during my career while at Beckman.
Pros
Leadership
Cons
hmmmm

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beckman Coulter, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval