Beckman Coulter, Inc. Employee Reviews

Do not work at the Danvers site!
Development Scientist II (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAMarch 1, 2016
The company as a whole is decent-standard corporate politics. However, the management in the development group there leaves alot to be desired. If you interview, ask about 1) expected minimum hours per week(truth is 55-60), 2) retention levels, 3) how they survey morale in the group.
Pros
You get health insurance(not good), 401k choices are decent, direct deposit
Cons
Work hours, awful management
Highly Competitive Work Environment
Senior Analyst- Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TexasJanuary 15, 2016
Typical work day consisted of interfacing between customers and support groups. Supporting instrument platforms for customer support and FDA compliance. Advanced knowledge of instruments required as well as Company policies regarding data management and customer confidentiality.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Remote location required most training via remote accession.
High Pace Environment
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 6, 2016
Supporting senior executives with scheduling, conferences, meetings, workshops, monthly departmental budgets and various special projects.
Pros
Company Benefits
Cons
Danaher Culture
Wonderful experience
Customer Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 3, 2016
Wonderful place to work!! Good benefits. Great hours and the company always has something positive going on for the employees
Pros
Bonus annually
Cons
Job Seekers Beware, Avoid the Company.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYSeptember 15, 2016
I have worked for this company for a number of years. So far I have seen 7 of the staff pass away, Three new directors and only received a minimal raise (under one dollar). I have been passed over for promotions only to help train my new superiors and watch them celebrate their duties to others such as myself. The base pay is under 13 an hour starting out and after your probation you have to work two years before you receive any type of raise. The schedules change and are mandatory with no options. The set unrealistic goals and will only offer negative feel back. The communication is lacking in management and supervisors are clueless.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
expensive healthcare packages, low if any raises given, revolving door temps
If you have no life work at Beckman Coulter!
International Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYFebruary 5, 2016
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. I was hired to be an administrative assistant. They "lost" me on the warehouse floor for 7 months! I have never been on a warehouse floor in my life. I was then transferred into the office as an international logistics coordinator when they transferred this department from Brea, CA. What a joke! Absolutely no training other than watching Power Point slides. We were basically thrown into our desks and told to do the job. They hired a supervisor for our department outside of the company. All I will say is "incompetent". Several employees (including myself) complained about her unprofessional manner, rudeness and incompetence. Nothing was done. I walked off of my job (something I have never done) after witnessing her once again treat a coworker with disrespect. Management is a joke! No transparency at all. You doubt everything you are told. A total Stepford Wives work environment. Work/life balance is pathetic. You can be ready to leave work for the day and have a supervisor insist you stay to work on her last minute business. No notice, no asking, you are just TOLD you must stay. Management is all about themselves and their bonuses. Employee wages are stagnant. Temporary employees are paid several dollars an hour more than full time permanent employees. If you're looking for a job and don't care about your personal life, wages or how you are treated by management, apply at Beckman. There will be a mass exodus soon. Note to management - you get out of employees what you put into them. Stop feeding them lies.  more... Stop worrying about your bonus and pay your employees more than temps. Listen to your employees. Hire competent supervisors. One last thing....going to HR about any issues is useless! No results. Always sides with management/supervisor. They are the "cool kids with the in club".  less
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Everything else.
Challenging and intriguing company
Client Service Coordinator, Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 12, 2015
What this company does for the world is absolutely amazing. Was proud to be a part of this team! Too bad we got laid off. The coworkers were amazing! Benefits as well as great health Insurance and fantastic compensation!
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Team oriented workplace with very supportive staff and management
Development Scientist- Hematology/Diagnostics Div (Former Employee) –  Miami, FlSeptember 2, 2015
Excellent company to work for. The staff in my department were all great, and management really supports their employees.
Pros
Family environment, and compensation is very competitive
Cons
Vision and dental are not great.
clean quiet office with a great team of engineers
Receptionist I (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAJune 26, 2016
On a typical day at work I would arrive on time, turn on the lights, and prepare the front desk, guest log, and badges for the day as well as retrieving badges while making sure the phone was always answered and that calls were directed to the appropriate extension.

I prepared outgoing mail sorted incoming mail and handled postage.
Pros
lots of free food, calm mid-fast paced environment, friendly professional team
Nice work enviroment
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 30, 2016
It defenitely has a great work atmosphere, people as well as co-workers and supervisors and managers are always kind. The only con I find in working at Beckman Coulter is the lack of opportunity to get promoted to other positions at the company or even get hired as a permanent employee.
Pros
Great work atmosphere, people is always kind
Cons
No benefits, or permanent positions
Distribution Facility Lead
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KYMarch 12, 2015
I am currently a Warehouse Lead. My daily duties consist of:
Hourly reports
Training / Cross training new associates
Hold QDIP (Quality) meetings daily
Answer customer service emails

Highly motivated leader to my team. I thoroughly enjoy working with all of my fellow co-workers along with the management team.

The hardest part of my position right now is the heavy workload expected on a daily basis. Being extremely understaffed since transitioning to a Warehouse Management System in September, has heavily weighed upon the management team. For 8 months it has been a consistent 6 - 7 day work weeks.

Very interested to see where skills that I have obtained in my 7 years with Beckman Coulter may lead me. In search of a great corporation where I am able to expand my career and utilize my knowledge as well as continually grow.
Pros
great health benefits - competitive vacation / sick time - 401k
Well rounded and successful company
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KY 41048September 6, 2016
I enjoyed working at Beckman and working very closely with the management team up thru the Director. Communication is a difficult area as many departments do not always get information relayed to them concerning company activities and other things, Management is not always easy to talk to and be open with.
Needs a stronger sense of urgency in work processes
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 11, 2016
Good place to work. Flexible hours. Nice facility, clean. Management is overworked. Free parking. Treated fairly and impartially. Would recommend a job here

Hardest part of job is getting people to expedite / work around process if required.

Co Workers are great.

Work 8 hours and go home
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Cons
lack of urgency
Busy environment
SENIOR DEVELOPMENT SCIENTIST (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 8, 2016
The hardest part of the job is maintaining a work life balance. Working for industry is hard because of all of the urgent deadlines and rapidly changing priorities. If you thrive with constant change and lots of multi-tasking this environment can serve as a great opportunity for learning competitive skills and gain cross functional industry experience.
Productive fun workplace, ecellent work environment, great hours.
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 26, 2016
Productive and fun workplace, excellent work environment and cool coworkers. I say a fun workplace that includes going on events located in the Indianapolis area, shows employee appreciation, we have pitch-ins where the job provides lunch for us that day.
Pros
Awesome supervisor, work is steady, I get to listen to music while i work, go on events, pitch-ins, I just love it!
Cons
Can't really think of any cons, sorry.
Solid company trying to produce high quality, timely products
Staff Scientist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 11, 2016
Work/life balance is rarely mentioned. There is a bit of churning as the company strives toward the scientific method for problem solving. This usually results in months of filling out specific problem solving forms, and makes it difficult to spend time tackling the actual problem. High transparency is a goal, which is great if you're a high performer - all. the. time. Burn-out is a high possibility unless you know how to take care of yourself.
Teamwork - made the working environment more enjoyable to come to work and be a part of that team.
Complaint Investigator (Former Employee) –  Chaska, MNJanuary 20, 2016
This company made a great working environment. I investigated the complaints to see if they needed to be reported to the FDA (timely). I worked closely with the engineers for the root cause and any additional information needed.

I learned more about diagnostic devices MDR (medical device reporting.

Management was a caring style.

Trending was the hardest part of the job.

Working with people who knew how to work together and was will to help their co-worker.
Pros
Cafe' for lunch on the campus
Almost like family
Distribution Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJuly 25, 2016
I have been 10 years already and only have great things to say, they really take care of their people , wage was a little low at the beginning but advancement is right there for who ever wants to take it.
Pros
Benefit package is pretty good and covers family
Cons
No cons
Okay
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJuly 22, 2016
Decent company. I had no intention of staying even when I got hired so it's difficult for me to give a review. This was purely an opporunity to get some experience then move the next. The pay sucked, the benefits okay. Good work life balance though
Pros
work life balance
Cons
horrible pay
Proactive and dynamic workplace, wonderful group
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 26, 2016
Proactive and dynamic workplace,wonderful group that promotes individual growth, almost no benefit, only temporary.
Pros
special group, good salary
Cons
very small benefit, only temporary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beckman Coulter, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Beckman Coulter, Inc. Reviews by Location