Beckman Coulter, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Good place to start out
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Chaska, MNApril 27, 2016
This company is a really good place to start out. It is a tough job, however, you learn a lot.

Be prepared for long hours and not much training.

The employees are great and very dedicated to the company.
Pros
Good teams to work with.
Cons
DBS system
Productive fun workplace, ecellent work environment, great hours.
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 26, 2016
Productive and fun workplace, excellent work environment and cool coworkers. I say a fun workplace that includes going on events located in the Indianapolis area, shows employee appreciation, we have pitch-ins where the job provides lunch for us that day.
Pros
Awesome supervisor, work is steady, I get to listen to music while i work, go on events, pitch-ins, I just love it!
Cons
Can't really think of any cons, sorry.
All these companies are leaders in the medical and electronics industries.
Through Ware Technology Temp Service (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 20, 2016
All the companies vary in the overall ratings. Each employer has good and bad areas of expertise and employee interaction. They all have very good co-worker relationships.
Thought full company gym
Hand Packer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 13, 2016
There's always some new system being invented. Management was flexible with cross-training. Co-workers were interactive. The hardest part was getting a raise. I enjoyed the work schedule.
Pros
Nurse on site
Cons
small break room
Good company
Senior Logistic Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAApril 12, 2016
Good company to work.
Good benefit
Good compensation
Good management
learned to work other very well
Good international customers
Good system
Solid company trying to produce high quality, timely products
Staff Scientist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 11, 2016
Work/life balance is rarely mentioned. There is a bit of churning as the company strives toward the scientific method for problem solving. This usually results in months of filling out specific problem solving forms, and makes it difficult to spend time tackling the actual problem. High transparency is a goal, which is great if you're a high performer - all. the. time. Burn-out is a high possibility unless you know how to take care of yourself.
Very Unpredictable
Coordinator of Materials and Planning (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 24, 2016
The company says they promote from within but they don't and they don't follow through with things. They reward the lazy workers and overlook the good and dependable workers.
Pros
Co workers
Good place to work at
Sr. Specialist Customer Support (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 23, 2016
After working at Beckman Coulter for almost 20 years, I have nothing to say but the best. I just need to move on because of the commute.
Very supportive and balanced work place
Senior Development Scientist (Current Employee) –  Chaska, MNMarch 23, 2016
This company provides an awesome mentor ship and helps associates grow in their roles and cross functionally. Exceptional worklife balance makes it more fun place to be.
NAS is fine
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYMarch 17, 2016
NAS is a decent place to work. Just away from town. Not much to do in the area. The management is fine. Co-workers are great. Just an industrial environment. May not be the ideal place for many.
Do not work at the Danvers site!
Development Scientist II (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAMarch 1, 2016
The company as a whole is decent-standard corporate politics. However, the management in the development group there leaves alot to be desired. If you interview, ask about 1) expected minimum hours per week(truth is 55-60), 2) retention levels, 3) how they survey morale in the group.
Pros
You get health insurance(not good), 401k choices are decent, direct deposit
Cons
Work hours, awful management
Great people
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 5, 2016
PM Coordinator.
Answer calls for repair on production equipment.
Assisted with engineers in making improvements.
Worked on close call work orders.
I find the management leadership very knowledgeable and easy to work with.
Co-workers are excellent to work with.
Waiting for the next day to come.
Making repairs to a piece of equipment in a timely manner.
Pros
Company is a good place to work for.
Cons
I really don't have one.
If you have no life work at Beckman Coulter!
International Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYFebruary 5, 2016
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. I was hired to be an administrative assistant. They "lost" me on the warehouse floor for 7 months! I have never been on a warehouse floor in my life. I was then transferred into the office as an international logistics coordinator when they transferred this department from Brea, CA. What a joke! Absolutely no training other than watching Power Point slides. We were basically thrown into our desks and told to do the job. They hired a supervisor for our department outside of the company. All I will say is "incompetent". Several employees (including myself) complained about her unprofessional manner, rudeness and incompetence. Nothing was done. I walked off of my job (something I have never done) after witnessing her once again treat a coworker with disrespect. Management is a joke! No transparency at all. You doubt everything you are told. A total Stepford Wives work environment. Work/life balance is pathetic. You can be ready to leave work for the day and have a supervisor insist you stay to work on her last minute business. No notice, no asking, you are just TOLD you must stay. Management is all about themselves and their bonuses. Employee wages are stagnant. Temporary employees are paid several dollars an hour more than full time permanent employees. If you're looking for a job and don't care about your personal life, wages or how you are treated by management, apply at Beckman. There will be a mass exodus soon. Note to management - you get out of employees what you put into them. Stop feeding them lies.  more... Stop worrying about your bonus and pay your employees more than temps. Listen to your employees. Hire competent supervisors. One last thing....going to HR about any issues is useless! No results. Always sides with management/supervisor. They are the "cool kids with the in club".  less
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Everything else.
Wonderful experience
Customer Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 3, 2016
Wonderful place to work!! Good benefits. Great hours and the company always has something positive going on for the employees
Pros
Bonus annually
Cons
Our new supervisors wants us to have fun and we are aloud to laugh and enjoy going to work.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KYJanuary 24, 2016
Beckman Coulter, Is not contestant with their policy's and Some supervisors have a little click. They are unfair to many of the employees there.
Pros
The hours are good for 1st shift 6/2:30
Cons
Not constance with policies
Working for Beckman Coulter was a career
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAJanuary 20, 2016
I worked for Beckman Coulter for 29+ years. It was a career. I very much liked my work. I enjoyed the company, the growth, the experiences. I mostly enjoyed applications in IT. I enjoyed writing software, managing software, business analysis, working with the business.
Teamwork - made the working environment more enjoyable to come to work and be a part of that team.
Complaint Investigator (Former Employee) –  Chaska, MNJanuary 20, 2016
This company made a great working environment. I investigated the complaints to see if they needed to be reported to the FDA (timely). I worked closely with the engineers for the root cause and any additional information needed.

I learned more about diagnostic devices MDR (medical device reporting.

Management was a caring style.

Trending was the hardest part of the job.

Working with people who knew how to work together and was will to help their co-worker.
Pros
Cafe' for lunch on the campus
Highly Competitive Work Environment
Senior Analyst- Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TexasJanuary 15, 2016
Typical work day consisted of interfacing between customers and support groups. Supporting instrument platforms for customer support and FDA compliance. Advanced knowledge of instruments required as well as Company policies regarding data management and customer confidentiality.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Remote location required most training via remote accession.
I loved working there.
Director of Facility Maintenance Operations (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 9, 2016
The team was all good co worker, Management always let you know
when you did some right. Best job I ever had. I hate that we closed.
High Pace Environment
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 6, 2016
Supporting senior executives with scheduling, conferences, meetings, workshops, monthly departmental budgets and various special projects.
Pros
Company Benefits
Cons
Danaher Culture