Beckman Coulter, Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive and rewarding
Global eCommerce Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 20, 2017
Good working environment. with global responsibilities. Good travel options and benefits. Great opportunity within the various opcos in Danaher. Great line of products.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Managment
workplace culture
Coordinator, Customer Support - eCommerce (Current Employee) –  Brea, CASeptember 17, 2017
The culture here is slow moving and sometimes seems a little old fashioned. Younger employees tend to have a better attitude than older/tenured employees.
Great benefits
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 16, 2017
Great place to work, almost no room for promotions. Too many people have been there far too long for anyone new to the table to come in and get any kind of promotion.
Pros
Good benefits, treat you well
Cons
Stupid metrics
Not bad.
Team Lead/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 13, 2017
Not a bad company to work for. The management didn't seem to understand just how understaffed we were which made the days very long and stressful. It got to a point where it was too much for a lot of people, including myself.
Pros
Pretty laid back. The company is huge and has a lot going on.
Cons
Long hours.
Not too good, but not terrible either
Advanced Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 13, 2017
Once you have been on the job for awhile, say a year or two, the job gets monotonous and boring. If you enjoy being a cog in the big machine and doing the same thing every day, then this might be the right place for you. But if you are looking for a challenge or somewhere you can learn new skills, this is not the job for you.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Can not advance unless you are willing to go into management.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 7, 2017
Important to put your personal life before the work. The opposite is encouraged. The benefits are decent, and management is generally very helpful and willing to help with career advancement.
Productive and fun workplace
Oracle Apps SCM/OTM Techno - Functional Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAAugust 31, 2017
I get to work. We have a morning meeting to put out any new information. Then the Higher ups have another meeting each Monday. Then we start working. We usually have tasking that comes down from somebody which usually invloves setting up systems in a certain way. I check our LAN to see if anything happend overnight, Check for new updates. I may make accounts if new people have arrived. Check for failed devices. Log on to this site. I always got a few side projects and I spend a hour on each a day.
Excellent place to work for
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 27, 2017
I like the clean work environment and the management staff. Great work and hours. Learned about operating Plastic Injection and mold machines. I like the sanitary side of the work environment.
Pros
Always had work everyday
Cons
A lot of hours to work and sometimes could be tiresome
A Place To work
Senior Technician Instrument Manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Chaska, MNAugust 25, 2017
I come in and check emails. Warehouse returned goods. Disassemble and decontaminate medical instruments. I line up recycling and scrap pickups of metal and electronic waste.
The management has been average.
There is stress because you are always being ask to do more and your not really rewarded for it.
I do enjoy a reliable pay check and I don't worry about getting laid off.
Pros
Pay check, paid vacation
Cons
We are short staffed.
Best Company to work for
Planner (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL 33196August 24, 2017
I worked for Beckman Coulter for 40 years.
I learned all I now, like all companies you find good and bad management. Working for BC for so many year was a wonderful experience. I will work for then again.
Overall a good company with a really good group of people to work with
Senior Analyst, Project Management (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAAugust 23, 2017
The company produces well respected products. The employees are a great group to work with. It is also good to know you are a part of producing products that truly do improve patient health.
Pros
People, products, and healthcare
Cons
Could increase R & D spending
Professional Atmosphere
Senior Analyst Procurement (Former Employee) –  Sharon Hill, PAAugust 21, 2017
Beckman Coulter is a well run medical device company. It is a great learning experience to learn how to interact with the various agencies that perform audits on the workplace.
Pros
Great learning
Cons
Sold the company
While in college
Manufacturing Associate II (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAAugust 20, 2017
Worked her while in college my mom had worked there too when she left high school. It was not challenging to me in my career but I am happy for the opportunity
Productive workplace
Associate Technician (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLAugust 17, 2017
A typical day at work: I turn on machinery, program 2D bar code printers with the correct information for the specific job, then wait until the heat tunnel gets to 307*F. At this point, I start to pass kits through a series of sections of the machine. It starts with the scale. I set the scale on grams to let me know if the kit has anything missing or extra inside. Next, the kit goes through the first 2D bar code printer, then through L Sealer and into the Shanklin Heat tunnel. Then four kits go into a shipping case, through tape machine and then the 2D bar code printer for the shipping case. After I pass the kits that are done I will start to separate materials for the next job.

What I have learned: Learned to drive a stand-up fork lift. A lot of different training, such as Hazmat, Workplace Harassment, Ergonomics, Workplace Safety, etc...

Management is always making sure how we are doing, checking to see if we need anything or have any ideas on how to make our job more efficient.

Workplace Culture is great. Everybody helps each other out and gets along. Great workplace environment.

The hardest part of the job is to make sure the product it put together correctly and that the deadline is met.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that the product that we make and put together is saving lives around the world.
Beckman
SR. TECHNICAL WRITER (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 15, 2017
Great work/life balance and very good leadership. The company employees are very friendly and are always available to help and support each other. Conveniently located and very good place to work.
Pros
Free coffee, big lunch room, many good company events
good people
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSAugust 15, 2017
The main body of personnel is very pleasant to work with. At the customer level, the people are dedicated. Attitudes vary as with all companies mostly professional.
Productive and fun to work
Tests engineer (Former Employee) –  Chaska, MN, USAAugust 13, 2017
Great place to work, had great interaction with all the department, got lot to learn from the project worked. any technical help needed was provided by the senior members.
Challenging company with rewarding results
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chaska, MNAugust 13, 2017
Beckman will challenge you to grow and delivery results. Focused in the clinical diagnostics area. Lean manufacturing principles are employed, with a focus on continuous improvement.
Culture Change
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAAugust 11, 2017
Carlsbad site is experiencing some low moral due to lack of a future vision for the site. Great people but not a lot of hope for future sustainment. A lot of folks coming of retirement age and no replacements are made when they leave.
Not a Progressive Place
Group Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAAugust 9, 2017
Solid company but it's not the place for progressive thinkers. Beyond the constraints of any FDA regulated it tends to stifle creativity. This has much to do with the near constant crisis mode stemming from a few, but regular, critical missteps in the past several years.
Beckman has a very poor track record for diversity. I'll give it credit for placing a few women in C-level roles. But across the broad scope of the company key roles reflect a very staid culture.
Pros
Life impacting products, committed workforce
Cons
Poor innovation, low work life balance, subpar management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beckman Coulter, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Beckman Coulter, Inc. Reviews by Location