Beckman Coulter, Inc. Employee Reviews

Lab/Production Technician
Lab/Production Technician (Current Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAJanuary 10, 2017
Good place for experience and entry level fresh-out-of-college students. The environment is welcoming and friendly. There are plenty of opportunities to cross train.
Pros
Good team, good environment, great experience
Cons
Pay
Lab/Production Technician - Good Entry Level Position
The pay isn't great, but the environment is amazing. The teams are intimate and it feels like a family. Everyone is easy-going and incredibly nice. It's a great place to get your experience and cross-train in different departments.
Pros
People, management, and environment
Cons
Pay
Great people
Manager of Technical Publications for New Products (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJanuary 9, 2017
The company includes many long-time employees who are extremely dedicated, as well as a good balance of new and energetic professionals.

Beckman always strives to do the right thing.
Great Company that provides life saving products and services
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Brea, CA 92821January 4, 2017
A great place to work with great people. A typical work day involved all aspects of the customer service spectrum. I learned everything about how the companies products and what they did. Also enjoyed the consistent customer training provided. Management was extremely supportive and encouraged personal development and promotion from within. Hardest part of the job was juggling the various priorities. The most enjoyable part of the job was the sense of satisfaction that came from taking care of our customers and knowing they were pleased at the end of our interaction.
Pros
A great organization that is providing valuable products and services.
Cons
Stress can be high at times and needs to be kept under control
Ok place to work
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GADecember 30, 2016
No a bad place to work, there are some good people that will help you build your career. There are good managers and bad managers everywhere you go. They do strive to give you a good work life balance.
Fun and exciting workplace
Medical Device Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kendall, FLDecember 27, 2016
Beckman Coulter was a great place to work, I learned understanding to be patient Management team was awesome, co workers was trustworthy, The hardest part of the day was leaving.
The enjoyable part was being able to return the next day
Pros
Kind Bosses
Cons
Temp Agency
Interesting Dynamic as Corporate Acquisition
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Brea, CADecember 5, 2016
Loved our workgroup. Interesting corporate dynamic being an acquired company. Not the same Beckman as in times past. Would rather not comment further but to say that I enjoyed my tenure there.
Pros
Lots of opportunity for philanthropic involvement
Cons
hard to say
Low Morale
Technical (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CANovember 9, 2016
I don't know how anyone can give this company a good review.

They gave me three projects to work on and told me to complete all three projects by a specific date. Much to my shock, they walked me out the door two weeks BEFORE the due date of the projects. I was 95% done with them - never got the chance to complete them.

I tried to get a reason for the abrupt, harsh treatment but all I could get out of them was something lame about how a first draft of a report was missing a trivial explanation (really, I would have had to read someone's mind to know to include the explanation). And, it could have been easily modified in less than 5 minutes.

Nice way to treat someone who gave 110% effort and did well on all previous work performances.

Most of the workers complain about the work environment. This company is definitely one to avoid. It seems like this company has an arbitrary policy of termination without justification.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Too many to mention
Good enviroment
Analyst II Science (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 30, 2016
Interesting and enjoyable place to work. Opportunities to learn more every day and good environment to work with my co-workers. I enjoyed and loved my duties. No found hardest part working there.
Intense work environment
Senior Quality Assurance Scientist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 5, 2016
Intense work schedule that deadline related. Very labor intensive and knowledge based. Results are also data mining related.
Pros
Great learning experiences
Cons
Need well developed training program
Proactive and dynamic workplace, wonderful group
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 26, 2016
Proactive and dynamic workplace,wonderful group that promotes individual growth, almost no benefit, only temporary.
Pros
special group, good salary
Cons
very small benefit, only temporary
Job Seekers Beware, Avoid the Company.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYSeptember 15, 2016
I have worked for this company for a number of years. So far I have seen 7 of the staff pass away, Three new directors and only received a minimal raise (under one dollar). I have been passed over for promotions only to help train my new superiors and watch them celebrate their duties to others such as myself. The base pay is under 13 an hour starting out and after your probation you have to work two years before you receive any type of raise. The schedules change and are mandatory with no options. The set unrealistic goals and will only offer negative feel back. The communication is lacking in management and supervisors are clueless.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
expensive healthcare packages, low if any raises given, revolving door temps
Well rounded and successful company
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KY 41048September 6, 2016
I enjoyed working at Beckman and working very closely with the management team up thru the Director. Communication is a difficult area as many departments do not always get information relayed to them concerning company activities and other things, Management is not always easy to talk to and be open with.
Nice work enviroment
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 30, 2016
It defenitely has a great work atmosphere, people as well as co-workers and supervisors and managers are always kind. The only con I find in working at Beckman Coulter is the lack of opportunity to get promoted to other positions at the company or even get hired as a permanent employee.
Pros
Great work atmosphere, people is always kind
Cons
No benefits, or permanent positions
Needs a stronger sense of urgency in work processes
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 11, 2016
Good place to work. Flexible hours. Nice facility, clean. Management is overworked. Free parking. Treated fairly and impartially. Would recommend a job here

Hardest part of job is getting people to expedite / work around process if required.

Co Workers are great.

Work 8 hours and go home
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Cons
lack of urgency
Almost like family
Distribution Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJuly 25, 2016
I have been 10 years already and only have great things to say, they really take care of their people , wage was a little low at the beginning but advancement is right there for who ever wants to take it.
Pros
Benefit package is pretty good and covers family
Cons
No cons
Okay
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJuly 22, 2016
Decent company. I had no intention of staying even when I got hired so it's difficult for me to give a review. This was purely an opporunity to get some experience then move the next. The pay sucked, the benefits okay. Good work life balance though
Pros
work life balance
Cons
horrible pay
This job was an good experience
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJuly 18, 2016
No matter how you start at a new position this job teaches clerical work. Patience is the key that they have to train you as an individual.
clean quiet office with a great team of engineers
Receptionist I (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAJune 26, 2016
On a typical day at work I would arrive on time, turn on the lights, and prepare the front desk, guest log, and badges for the day as well as retrieving badges while making sure the phone was always answered and that calls were directed to the appropriate extension.

I prepared outgoing mail sorted incoming mail and handled postage.
Pros
lots of free food, calm mid-fast paced environment, friendly professional team
Cons
Excellent company to work for
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 25, 2016
Travel to different customer sites to provide service on instrumentation.
Install and maintain analyzers
The hardest part of this job is the traveling and working late hours as well as the on call schedule.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Poor work/life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beckman Coulter, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.