Beckman Coulter, Inc. Employee Reviews

Interesting Dynamic as Corporate Acquisition
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Brea, CADecember 5, 2016
Loved our workgroup. Interesting corporate dynamic being an acquired company. Not the same Beckman as in times past. Would rather not comment further but to say that I enjoyed my tenure there.
Pros
Lots of opportunity for philanthropic involvement
Cons
hard to say
Low Morale
Technical (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CANovember 9, 2016
I don't know how anyone can give this company a good review.

They gave me three projects to work on and told me to complete all three projects by a specific date. Much to my shock, they walked me out the door two weeks BEFORE the due date of the projects. I was 95% done with them - never got the chance to complete them.

I tried to get a reason for the abrupt, harsh treatment but all I could get out of them was something lame about how a first draft of a report was missing a trivial explanation (really, I would have had to read someone's mind to know to include the explanation). And, it could have been easily modified in less than 5 minutes.

Nice way to treat someone who gave 110% effort and did well on all previous work performances.

Most of the workers complain about the work environment. This company is definitely one to avoid. It seems like this company has an arbitrary policy of termination without justification.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Too many to mention
Good enviroment
Analyst II Science (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 30, 2016
Interesting and enjoyable place to work. Opportunities to learn more every day and good environment to work with my co-workers. I enjoyed and loved my duties. No found hardest part working there.
Intense work environment
Senior Quality Assurance Scientist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 5, 2016
Intense work schedule that deadline related. Very labor intensive and knowledge based. Results are also data mining related.
Pros
Great learning experiences
Cons
Need well developed training program
Proactive and dynamic workplace, wonderful group
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 26, 2016
Proactive and dynamic workplace,wonderful group that promotes individual growth, almost no benefit, only temporary.
Pros
special group, good salary
Cons
very small benefit, only temporary
Job Seekers Beware, Avoid the Company.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYSeptember 15, 2016
I have worked for this company for a number of years. So far I have seen 7 of the staff pass away, Three new directors and only received a minimal raise (under one dollar). I have been passed over for promotions only to help train my new superiors and watch them celebrate their duties to others such as myself. The base pay is under 13 an hour starting out and after your probation you have to work two years before you receive any type of raise. The schedules change and are mandatory with no options. The set unrealistic goals and will only offer negative feel back. The communication is lacking in management and supervisors are clueless.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
expensive healthcare packages, low if any raises given, revolving door temps
Well rounded and successful company
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KY 41048September 6, 2016
I enjoyed working at Beckman and working very closely with the management team up thru the Director. Communication is a difficult area as many departments do not always get information relayed to them concerning company activities and other things, Management is not always easy to talk to and be open with.
Nice work enviroment
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 30, 2016
It defenitely has a great work atmosphere, people as well as co-workers and supervisors and managers are always kind. The only con I find in working at Beckman Coulter is the lack of opportunity to get promoted to other positions at the company or even get hired as a permanent employee.
Pros
Great work atmosphere, people is always kind
Cons
No benefits, or permanent positions
Needs a stronger sense of urgency in work processes
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 11, 2016
Good place to work. Flexible hours. Nice facility, clean. Management is overworked. Free parking. Treated fairly and impartially. Would recommend a job here

Hardest part of job is getting people to expedite / work around process if required.

Co Workers are great.

Work 8 hours and go home
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Cons
lack of urgency
Almost like family
Distribution Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJuly 25, 2016
I have been 10 years already and only have great things to say, they really take care of their people , wage was a little low at the beginning but advancement is right there for who ever wants to take it.
Pros
Benefit package is pretty good and covers family
Cons
No cons
Okay
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJuly 22, 2016
Decent company. I had no intention of staying even when I got hired so it's difficult for me to give a review. This was purely an opporunity to get some experience then move the next. The pay sucked, the benefits okay. Good work life balance though
Pros
work life balance
Cons
horrible pay
This job was an good experience
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJuly 18, 2016
No matter how you start at a new position this job teaches clerical work. Patience is the key that they have to train you as an individual.
clean quiet office with a great team of engineers
Receptionist I (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAJune 26, 2016
On a typical day at work I would arrive on time, turn on the lights, and prepare the front desk, guest log, and badges for the day as well as retrieving badges while making sure the phone was always answered and that calls were directed to the appropriate extension.

I prepared outgoing mail sorted incoming mail and handled postage.
Pros
lots of free food, calm mid-fast paced environment, friendly professional team
Cons
Excellent company to work for
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 25, 2016
Travel to different customer sites to provide service on instrumentation.
Install and maintain analyzers
The hardest part of this job is the traveling and working late hours as well as the on call schedule.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Poor work/life balance
Hard to work for. too many thing going on at once and very little time
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 11, 2016
Hard to work for. Too many thing going on at once and very little time. However the management was very understanding and tried to help in anyway possible
Pros
theirs a lot of work to do
Cons
no time to train the employees
Busy environment
SENIOR DEVELOPMENT SCIENTIST (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 8, 2016
The hardest part of the job is maintaining a work life balance. Working for industry is hard because of all of the urgent deadlines and rapidly changing priorities. If you thrive with constant change and lots of multi-tasking this environment can serve as a great opportunity for learning competitive skills and gain cross functional industry experience.
Project Coordinator
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sharon Hill, PAJune 2, 2016
Company is an excellent company to work for. The people were friendly and very helpful. I truly liked this company. It was educational and progressive. Tried to customize to individual needs.
Pros
Good benefits, nice people, loved my supervisor
Cons
Mine our personal in the sense to far from my home in Buffalo
productive work place
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAMay 9, 2016
great work place with lots of different job operations and materials to work with and remember. friendly work place with friendly people
Good place to start out
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Chaska, MNApril 27, 2016
This company is a really good place to start out. It is a tough job, however, you learn a lot.

Be prepared for long hours and not much training.

The employees are great and very dedicated to the company.
Pros
Good teams to work with.
Cons
DBS system
Productive fun workplace, ecellent work environment, great hours.
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 26, 2016
Productive and fun workplace, excellent work environment and cool coworkers. I say a fun workplace that includes going on events located in the Indianapolis area, shows employee appreciation, we have pitch-ins where the job provides lunch for us that day.
Pros
Awesome supervisor, work is steady, I get to listen to music while i work, go on events, pitch-ins, I just love it!
Cons
Can't really think of any cons, sorry.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beckman Coulter, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9