Beckman Coulter, Inc. Employee Reviews

Interesting and challenging environment with lots of travel.
Senior Director - Corporate Accounts (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAOctober 19, 2017
There is no typical work day, I typically tell people looking for mentorship to look at a 6 month time period to gauge our workplace and culture. I've learned about how organizations change through the acquisition of Beckman Coulter by Danaher, an event which has significantly changed the management culture. The hardest part of my job is work life balance and selling internally and the most enjoyable is the ability to constantly create. Our environment allows for creative thinking which is very motivating.
Pros
Work flexibility
Cons
Travel, lots of travel
Advice to management
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAOctober 16, 2017
This company has its heart in the right place, but sometimes can be too focused on strict goals at the detriment of the team. Strong goals are important, but should not hurt morale.
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAOctober 11, 2017
I really enjoyed working for Beckman Coulter. Management, HR, Cowrkers, were all very approachable and nice. I was able to learn a lot there. The job itself was fun and challenging. I miss it
Excellence and Pride in Our Customer Care
Sr Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAOctober 11, 2017
We were trained to be the best in the industry and proud of our name brand. We worked hard and excelled in every area. We were recognized constantly.

We were trained constantly to give our best with the market growth and we continued to grow.

Management was very much on hands in all areas. They led by example .

Promotions and new opportunities where filled from within when possible.
Pros
We were constantly recognized
Cons
Exremely busy place to work.
Rep I Technical Documentation (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAOctober 5, 2017
Managing Technical Publication User documentation in multiple languages globally for 5 sites was very challenging. My position was eliminated and my work load was distributed to 3 individuals. I also enjoyed the people I worked with.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
Stressful working conditions.
fun workplace with employee store discount
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CASeptember 24, 2017
always looking forward to go to work, nice co-workers and the management is fair, fun workplace, the most enjoyable part is
our team is like a family...
Productive and rewarding
Global eCommerce Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 20, 2017
Good working environment. with global responsibilities. Good travel options and benefits. Great opportunity within the various opcos in Danaher. Great line of products.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Managment
workplace culture
Coordinator, Customer Support - eCommerce (Current Employee) –  Brea, CASeptember 17, 2017
The culture here is slow moving and sometimes seems a little old fashioned. Younger employees tend to have a better attitude than older/tenured employees.
Great benefits
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 16, 2017
Great place to work, almost no room for promotions. Too many people have been there far too long for anyone new to the table to come in and get any kind of promotion.
Pros
Good benefits, treat you well
Cons
Stupid metrics
Not bad.
Team Lead/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 13, 2017
Not a bad company to work for. The management didn't seem to understand just how understaffed we were which made the days very long and stressful. It got to a point where it was too much for a lot of people, including myself.
Pros
Pretty laid back. The company is huge and has a lot going on.
Cons
Long hours.
Not too good, but not terrible either
Advanced Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 13, 2017
Once you have been on the job for awhile, say a year or two, the job gets monotonous and boring. If you enjoy being a cog in the big machine and doing the same thing every day, then this might be the right place for you. But if you are looking for a challenge or somewhere you can learn new skills, this is not the job for you.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Can not advance unless you are willing to go into management.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 7, 2017
Important to put your personal life before the work. The opposite is encouraged. The benefits are decent, and management is generally very helpful and willing to help with career advancement.
Productive and fun workplace
Oracle Apps SCM/OTM Techno - Functional Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAAugust 31, 2017
I get to work. We have a morning meeting to put out any new information. Then the Higher ups have another meeting each Monday. Then we start working. We usually have tasking that comes down from somebody which usually invloves setting up systems in a certain way. I check our LAN to see if anything happend overnight, Check for new updates. I may make accounts if new people have arrived. Check for failed devices. Log on to this site. I always got a few side projects and I spend a hour on each a day.
Excellent place to work for
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 27, 2017
I like the clean work environment and the management staff. Great work and hours. Learned about operating Plastic Injection and mold machines. I like the sanitary side of the work environment.
Pros
Always had work everyday
Cons
A lot of hours to work and sometimes could be tiresome
A Place To work
Senior Technician Instrument Manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Chaska, MNAugust 25, 2017
I come in and check emails. Warehouse returned goods. Disassemble and decontaminate medical instruments. I line up recycling and scrap pickups of metal and electronic waste.
The management has been average.
There is stress because you are always being ask to do more and your not really rewarded for it.
I do enjoy a reliable pay check and I don't worry about getting laid off.
Pros
Pay check, paid vacation
Cons
We are short staffed.
Best Company to work for
Planner (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL 33196August 24, 2017
I worked for Beckman Coulter for 40 years.
I learned all I now, like all companies you find good and bad management. Working for BC for so many year was a wonderful experience. I will work for then again.
Overall a good company with a really good group of people to work with
Senior Analyst, Project Management (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAAugust 23, 2017
The company produces well respected products. The employees are a great group to work with. It is also good to know you are a part of producing products that truly do improve patient health.
Pros
People, products, and healthcare
Cons
Could increase R & D spending
Professional Atmosphere
Senior Analyst Procurement (Former Employee) –  Sharon Hill, PAAugust 21, 2017
Beckman Coulter is a well run medical device company. It is a great learning experience to learn how to interact with the various agencies that perform audits on the workplace.
Pros
Great learning
Cons
Sold the company
While in college
Manufacturing Associate II (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAAugust 20, 2017
Worked her while in college my mom had worked there too when she left high school. It was not challenging to me in my career but I am happy for the opportunity
Productive workplace
Associate Technician (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLAugust 17, 2017
A typical day at work: I turn on machinery, program 2D bar code printers with the correct information for the specific job, then wait until the heat tunnel gets to 307*F. At this point, I start to pass kits through a series of sections of the machine. It starts with the scale. I set the scale on grams to let me know if the kit has anything missing or extra inside. Next, the kit goes through the first 2D bar code printer, then through L Sealer and into the Shanklin Heat tunnel. Then four kits go into a shipping case, through tape machine and then the 2D bar code printer for the shipping case. After I pass the kits that are done I will start to separate materials for the next job.

What I have learned: Learned to drive a stand-up fork lift. A lot of different training, such as Hazmat, Workplace Harassment, Ergonomics, Workplace Safety, etc...

Management is always making sure how we are doing, checking to see if we need anything or have any ideas on how to make our job more efficient.

Workplace Culture is great. Everybody helps each other out and gets along. Great workplace environment.

The hardest part of the job is to make sure the product it put together correctly and that the deadline is met.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that the product that we make and put together is saving lives around the world.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beckman Coulter, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.