Beckman Coulter, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good employees, management issues, good pay. Decent benefits, too much overtime
Distribution Technician (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYMarch 9, 2017
I was here during a transition to an updated WMS system. management didn't know how much product was coming or going. Had a hard time keeping the different areas staffed correctly. We were working so much overtime due to the complications and mistakes that it took over my life. They even asked once if anyone would be willing to sleep in the warehouse so that they could guaranteed they'd be there due to upcoming snow. The place basically fell apart at the seams. Managers, supervisors and even HR people were walking out on the company with no warning.
Pros
Decent pay, good training
Cons
bad management, overtime, misdirection.
Enjoyable Workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYFebruary 16, 2017
Working at Beckman Coutler was an enjoyable experience for me a typical day at work was very fun and I was excited to go everyday. During my time there I learned how to pick parts and pack boxes, I also learned how to use a scanner. The management was great in my opinion, they were always very nice to me and had a positive attitude. The workplace was cold but other than that it was nice. The hardest part about working at Beckman Coutler was packing for the international packages because the shipments were much larger with nearly 5,000 parts. The most enjoyable part about working there was working in the freezer, it was nice and quiet.
Productive workplace
Mfg Associate; QC Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAFebruary 1, 2017
I worked in this company for 11 years. This workplace was very accommodating to workers who seemed enjoyed working with everybody. As an entry level inspector and with the knowledge of reading blueprints or part drawings I had the opportunity to learn manufacturing procedures, inspections and uses of different inspection tools and equipment.
Pros
Healthcare benefits, 401K, Pension plan, bonus and others
Challenging work enviroment
Clinical Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAFebruary 1, 2017
2 to 3 calls per day, learned something new almost on every assignment, management had its ups and downs in triaging the daily workload as calls would often overlap. Work place culture was one of mostly helping on another out, The hardest part of the job was trying to keep etas as jobs would either run over or the distances were far apart. Most enjoyable part of the job was a successful fix.
Okay when i first started
Advanced Distribution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 16, 2017
I would come in and open up, cycle count, stock, and ship. A lot on my plate. I've learned a lot from this company. Travel for this company. the work culture was chaotic at times. on call every other weekend. Hardest part of the job was supervisors micromanaging. other than that the company was okay!
Pros
Started early so i got off early
Cons
Putting out alot of fires daily
Great Company that provides life saving products and services
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Brea, CA 92821January 4, 2017
A great place to work with great people. A typical work day involved all aspects of the customer service spectrum. I learned everything about how the companies products and what they did. Also enjoyed the consistent customer training provided. Management was extremely supportive and encouraged personal development and promotion from within. Hardest part of the job was juggling the various priorities. The most enjoyable part of the job was the sense of satisfaction that came from taking care of our customers and knowing they were pleased at the end of our interaction.
Pros
A great organization that is providing valuable products and services.
Cons
Stress can be high at times and needs to be kept under control
I enjoyed working at Beckman Coulter these past 11 year, great work environment.
Coordinator Customer Support (Client Services) (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAMarch 16, 2017
I enjoyed working at Beckman Coulter these past 11 year, especially in the department I first worked in. The work environment was professional, yet enjoyable. I enjoyed learning about the company’s products and how efficient the products were in a working lab. A typical work day in customer service was busy, but satisfying, knowing you are assisting customers in the medical field. The trickiest part of the job was juggling the various priorities. The most enjoyable part of the job was the sense of satisfaction that came from taking care of our customers that work in medical labs who take care of patients all of the world.
Pros
Professional environment, the facility has a cafe and a gym, friendly employees, great benefits .
Cons
Job training is not as efficient, stress can be elevated at times.
Lab/Production Technician - Good Entry Level Position
Lab/Production Technician (Current Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAJanuary 10, 2017
The pay isn't great, but the environment is amazing. The teams are intimate and it feels like a family. Everyone is easy-going and incredibly nice. It's a great place to get your experience and cross-train in different departments.
Pros
People, management, and environment
Cons
Pay
Therapeutic Work Place
School Counselor (Former Employee) –  Newberry, SCNovember 2, 2016
As an dual employee of the school district and mental health, I provided services to assist children and adolescents in the educational setting as well as the clinical setting. Already being certified to work in the school system, I took a position as school counselor in the district's Alternative School (Evening) from 4-6 pm to help students who did not function well in the daytime public school setting, truant, or involved with the department of juvenile justice.
The position was challenging due to the students' mindsets and their environments.
Pros
Mentoring and counseling students towards positive change
Cons
Behavioral issues
couple raffles, couple pizzas
Associate Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46268January 25, 2017
Assignments in morning,not much communication.Some employees got by talking on their phones,texting.(stealing time).Idosed off a few times after working 12 hr.shift night before and some hardships in my life.I lost my job,ones on their phones didn't.
Pros
a pizza somtimes
Cons
Favortisim
Fun and exciting workplace
Medical Device Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kendall, FLDecember 27, 2016
Beckman Coulter was a great place to work, I learned understanding to be patient Management team was awesome, co workers was trustworthy, The hardest part of the day was leaving.
The enjoyable part was being able to return the next day
Pros
Kind Bosses
Cons
Temp Agency
Electrical Medical Assembly (Former Employee) –  Chaska, MNFebruary 26, 2017
If I still lived in that area I would still work there.
Laid back environment with a lot of management support and newer employee based facilities.Super fun.
Pros
Nice facilities, friendly management, great benefits and job environment.
Interesting Dynamic as Corporate Acquisition
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Brea, CADecember 5, 2016
Loved our workgroup. Interesting corporate dynamic being an acquired company. Not the same Beckman as in times past. Would rather not comment further but to say that I enjoyed my tenure there.
Pros
Lots of opportunity for philanthropic involvement
Cons
hard to say
Friendly, professional, and Ping pong tables
Development Scientist (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJanuary 26, 2017
Working at Beckman Coulter was really great, they have an awesome environment and the work load is totally manageable.

There can be moments where the workload is great, and others in which there's nothing really to do.
Job Seekers Beware, Avoid the Company.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYSeptember 15, 2016
I have worked for this company for a number of years. So far I have seen 7 of the staff pass away, Three new directors and only received a minimal raise (under one dollar). I have been passed over for promotions only to help train my new superiors and watch them celebrate their duties to others such as myself. The base pay is under 13 an hour starting out and after your probation you have to work two years before you receive any type of raise. The schedules change and are mandatory with no options. The set unrealistic goals and will only offer negative feel back. The communication is lacking in management and supervisors are clueless.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
expensive healthcare packages, low if any raises given, revolving door temps
Ineffective Management
Global Finished Goods Planner (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 1, 2017
Typical centralization then decentralization. Good ole boy culture. Great co-workers and nice office environment. Constant change in organization as well as business approach.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Leadership
Lab/Production Technician
Good place for experience and entry level fresh-out-of-college students. The environment is welcoming and friendly. There are plenty of opportunities to cross train.
Pros
Good team, good environment, great experience
Cons
Pay
Making a difference, one shipment at a time
International Exports Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KYSeptember 10, 2016
Amazing company to work for. Has been a life changing experience and excellent work/life balance. Executive Management is engaged with advancing careers of those who make a difference in our company. Customer experience is the most important thing to us. Our customers rely on us for critical life saving shipments for medical instruments and lab equipment. We are the catalyst.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Executive Leadership is Best In Class, DBS
Cons
NONE
Making a difference, one shipment at a time
International EMEAI Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KYSeptember 10, 2016
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Executive Leadership is Best In Class, DBS
Cons
NONE
Low Morale
Technical (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CANovember 9, 2016
I don't know how anyone can give this company a good review.

They gave me three projects to work on and told me to complete all three projects by a specific date. Much to my shock, they walked me out the door two weeks BEFORE the due date of the projects. I was 95% done with them - never got the chance to complete them.

I tried to get a reason for the abrupt, harsh treatment but all I could get out of them was something lame about how a first draft of a report was missing a trivial explanation (really, I would have had to read someone's mind to know to include the explanation). And, it could have been easily modified in less than 5 minutes.

Nice way to treat someone who gave 110% effort and did well on all previous work performances.

Most of the workers complain about the work environment. This company is definitely one to avoid. It seems like this company has an arbitrary policy of termination without justification.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Too many to mention

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beckman Coulter, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Beckman Coulter, Inc. Reviews by Location