Beckman Coulter, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent company to work for
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 25, 2016
Travel to different customer sites to provide service on instrumentation.
Install and maintain analyzers
The hardest part of this job is the traveling and working late hours as well as the on call schedule.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Poor work/life balance
Hard to work for. too many thing going on at once and very little time
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 11, 2016
Hard to work for. Too many thing going on at once and very little time. However the management was very understanding and tried to help in anyway possible
Pros
theirs a lot of work to do
Cons
no time to train the employees
Busy environment
SENIOR DEVELOPMENT SCIENTIST (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 8, 2016
The hardest part of the job is maintaining a work life balance. Working for industry is hard because of all of the urgent deadlines and rapidly changing priorities. If you thrive with constant change and lots of multi-tasking this environment can serve as a great opportunity for learning competitive skills and gain cross functional industry experience.
Project Coordinator
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sharon Hill, PAJune 2, 2016
Company is an excellent company to work for. The people were friendly and very helpful. I truly liked this company. It was educational and progressive. Tried to customize to individual needs.
Pros
Good benefits, nice people, loved my supervisor
Cons
Mine our personal in the sense to far from my home in Buffalo
productive work place
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAMay 9, 2016
great work place with lots of different job operations and materials to work with and remember. friendly work place with friendly people
Good place to start out
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Chaska, MNApril 27, 2016
This company is a really good place to start out. It is a tough job, however, you learn a lot.

Be prepared for long hours and not much training.

The employees are great and very dedicated to the company.
Pros
Good teams to work with.
Cons
DBS system
Productive fun workplace, ecellent work environment, great hours.
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 26, 2016
Productive and fun workplace, excellent work environment and cool coworkers. I say a fun workplace that includes going on events located in the Indianapolis area, shows employee appreciation, we have pitch-ins where the job provides lunch for us that day.
Pros
Awesome supervisor, work is steady, I get to listen to music while i work, go on events, pitch-ins, I just love it!
Cons
Can't really think of any cons, sorry.
All these companies are leaders in the medical and electronics industries.
Through Ware Technology Temp Service (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 20, 2016
All the companies vary in the overall ratings. Each employer has good and bad areas of expertise and employee interaction. They all have very good co-worker relationships.
Thought full company gym
Hand Packer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 13, 2016
There's always some new system being invented. Management was flexible with cross-training. Co-workers were interactive. The hardest part was getting a raise. I enjoyed the work schedule.
Pros
Nurse on site
Cons
small break room
Good company
Senior Logistic Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAApril 12, 2016
Good company to work.
Good benefit
Good compensation
Good management
learned to work other very well
Good international customers
Good system
Solid company trying to produce high quality, timely products
Staff Scientist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 11, 2016
Work/life balance is rarely mentioned. There is a bit of churning as the company strives toward the scientific method for problem solving. This usually results in months of filling out specific problem solving forms, and makes it difficult to spend time tackling the actual problem. High transparency is a goal, which is great if you're a high performer - all. the. time. Burn-out is a high possibility unless you know how to take care of yourself.
Very Unpredictable
Coordinator of Materials and Planning (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 24, 2016
The company says they promote from within but they don't and they don't follow through with things. They reward the lazy workers and overlook the good and dependable workers.
Pros
Co workers
Good place to work at
Sr. Specialist Customer Support (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 23, 2016
After working at Beckman Coulter for almost 20 years, I have nothing to say but the best. I just need to move on because of the commute.
Very supportive and balanced work place
Senior Development Scientist (Current Employee) –  Chaska, MNMarch 23, 2016
This company provides an awesome mentor ship and helps associates grow in their roles and cross functionally. Exceptional worklife balance makes it more fun place to be.
NAS is fine
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYMarch 17, 2016
NAS is a decent place to work. Just away from town. Not much to do in the area. The management is fine. Co-workers are great. Just an industrial environment. May not be the ideal place for many.
Do not work at the Danvers site!
Development Scientist II (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAMarch 1, 2016
The company as a whole is decent-standard corporate politics. However, the management in the development group there leaves alot to be desired. If you interview, ask about 1) expected minimum hours per week(truth is 55-60), 2) retention levels, 3) how they survey morale in the group.
Pros
You get health insurance(not good), 401k choices are decent, direct deposit
Cons
Work hours, awful management
Great people
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 5, 2016
PM Coordinator.
Answer calls for repair on production equipment.
Assisted with engineers in making improvements.
Worked on close call work orders.
I find the management leadership very knowledgeable and easy to work with.
Co-workers are excellent to work with.
Waiting for the next day to come.
Making repairs to a piece of equipment in a timely manner.
Pros
Company is a good place to work for.
Cons
I really don't have one.
If you have no life work at Beckman Coulter!
International Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYFebruary 5, 2016
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. I was hired to be an administrative assistant. They "lost" me on the warehouse floor for 7 months! I have never been on a warehouse floor in my life. I was then transferred into the office as an international logistics coordinator when they transferred this department from Brea, CA. What a joke! Absolutely no training other than watching Power Point slides. We were basically thrown into our desks and told to do the job. They hired a supervisor for our department outside of the company. All I will say is "incompetent". Several employees (including myself) complained about her unprofessional manner, rudeness and incompetence. Nothing was done. I walked off of my job (something I have never done) after witnessing her once again treat a coworker with disrespect. Management is a joke! No transparency at all. You doubt everything you are told. A total Stepford Wives work environment. Work/life balance is pathetic. You can be ready to leave work for the day and have a supervisor insist you stay to work on her last minute business. No notice, no asking, you are just TOLD you must stay. Management is all about themselves and their bonuses. Employee wages are stagnant. Temporary employees are paid several dollars an hour more than full time permanent employees. If you're looking for a job and don't care about your personal life, wages or how you are treated by management, apply at Beckman. There will be a mass exodus soon. Note to management - you get out of employees what you put into them. Stop feeding them lies.  more... Stop worrying about your bonus and pay your employees more than temps. Listen to your employees. Hire competent supervisors. One last thing....going to HR about any issues is useless! No results. Always sides with management/supervisor. They are the "cool kids with the in club".  less
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Everything else.
Wonderful experience
Customer Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 3, 2016
Wonderful place to work!! Good benefits. Great hours and the company always has something positive going on for the employees
Pros
Bonus annually
Cons
Our new supervisors wants us to have fun and we are aloud to laugh and enjoy going to work.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KYJanuary 24, 2016
Beckman Coulter, Is not contestant with their policy's and Some supervisors have a little click. They are unfair to many of the employees there.
Pros
The hours are good for 1st shift 6/2:30
Cons
Not constance with policies