Beckman Coulter, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

A work place like any other bio tech companies.
Quality Assurance Analyst II-Post Market (Current Employee) –  Brea, CADecember 31, 2015
A work place like any other bio tech companies. Co-workers are mostly good, work is typical to other QA jobs. Great campus.
Great employees
Distribution Technician (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MADecember 28, 2015
I have learned so much from the people I work with in such a short time and I am glad I got this chance. I have learned how to do a ABI Lab turnover and Media Fill.
Productive and fun environment
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brea, CADecember 16, 2015
I enjoyed working with our distributors and their sales people. Loved planning the tradeshows and retail sales training's.
Pros
Little travel to multiple locations, discounts on appliances
Job Work and Life Balance
Senior Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CADecember 5, 2015
This is a challenge for this company. The work seems to never end and the expectations are to work at all times. The intension are good to drive the needed improvements, however there is just so much to do and little time to do it in. The people are good to work with and the company has a lot of good tools to help drive improvement.
excdlleng
Account Sales Consultant, New York Region (Current Employee) –  NJNovember 29, 2015
excellent products that help improve patient care and improve lab workflow. great place to work
oustanding training
great R & D
Exciting Position
QA Validation Engineer (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 24, 2015
Being involved with product development and testing new products was very rewarding. BC is has innovative products and is exploring the latest technology in the fields it competes in. BC also has high expectation of its employees to be available and dedicated.
Manufacturing Planner/Purchasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CANovember 5, 2015
A typical day at work d
Dd gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
Pros
FREE LUNCH
Cons
a distance
Unable to deliver on sold solutions
Sr. Capital Equipment Consultant (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 16, 2015
Unable to deliver on sold solutions.
They've lost customer focus.
Monthly Business Plan Meetings are too often, and there is not enough time to execute the plan
Challenging and intriguing company
Client Service Coordinator, Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 12, 2015
What this company does for the world is absolutely amazing. Was proud to be a part of this team! Too bad we got laid off. The coworkers were amazing! Benefits as well as great health Insurance and fantastic compensation!
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
New and interesting challanges each day.
National Automation Hardware Specialist (Current Employee) –  Highland Lakes, NJOctober 7, 2015
Everyday is different. My direct manager allows me to set my schedule and offers guidance and assistance when needed. I travel and have responsibility for the entire US and Canada which keeps the job fresh and challenging.
Pros
New and interesting challanges each day
Cons
40-45 weeks per year travel
Great for a summer internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 6, 2015
I enjoyed my summer internship in engineering at Beckman Coulter. However, I can see the movement to lean manufacturing being an issue for many employees. It seems the Danaher business system is not being implemented properly into the Beckman Coulter workplace. However, I interned there over a year ago, and things may be better now.
Work expanding, but jobs decreasing
Sr. Facility Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Brea, CASeptember 25, 2015
Work load continues to grow, but budgets continue to decrease, leaving to much to do for current staff. Work life balance is ok depending on which department you worked for. everything changed when Danaher took over.
Pros
on-site cafeteria & gym, but food was way over priced and no time to utilize gym
Cons
Work load increasing while staff decreasing. many associates leaving.
Team is active and enthusiastic about work. I am learning how some of the medical devices work. I work on the Urine analyzer.
Component and Sustenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CaliforniaSeptember 11, 2015
A decent place to work at. Has enthusiastic co workers. Good scope to learn stuff regarding medical devices and their designs.
Team oriented workplace with very supportive staff and management
Development Scientist- Hematology/Diagnostics Div (Former Employee) –  Miami, FlSeptember 2, 2015
Excellent company to work for. The staff in my department were all great, and management really supports their employees.
Pros
Family environment, and compensation is very competitive
Cons
Vision and dental are not great.
8 Years at Beckman Coulter
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 7, 2015
Beckman Coulter was a great place to work in terms of my career, as it was the longest of my employments and taught me a lot. Throughout my time there I handled many things such as high levels of inbound customer service calls, manual order entry, and being the sole Lean Six Sigma representative for the Customer Service team. In addition, the pay grade was high in comparison to similar jobs at the time, as I was able to obtain an increase in pay annually due to my personal review and statistics (call monitoring by management, number of manual orders processed monthly, quality review, etc).
Pros
Close proximity to home
very fun
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KYJuly 18, 2015
my positions at Beckman coulter has been a wonderful experience . I love the co workers I work with .working at Beckman has taught me to be even more a better person.
Great Company with excellent benefits
HR Representative II (Former Employee) –  Porterville CaJuly 14, 2015
A great place to work with dedicated management and an agile group of associates who work together to make a productive team.
Good Company to work for.
Senior Chemistry Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAJuly 13, 2015
Good company to work for. They continuously strive to be number 1 in the laboratory platform and supply industry. Very competitive company.
Pros
Great support team
Cons
Travel
Decent Place to work - Don't expect too much mobility
Coordinator Customer Support (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAJune 17, 2015
Standard package of benefits, with healthcare being a bit on the cheap side. Some questionable cost-saving choices by management, as with many corporations. Plenty of room within company and parent corporation to move around, but don't expect too much from management in terms of help.
Pros
nice campus
Cons
sub par health insurance benefits
Fun place to work
Development Scientist I (R&D) (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJune 17, 2015
Everybody is very friendly and welcoming. The work is manageable and routine. A lot of benefits for employees but they hire a lot of individuals as temps.