Beckman Coulter, Inc. Employee Reviews

Friendly, professional, and Ping pong tables
Development Scientist (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJanuary 26, 2017
Working at Beckman Coulter was really great, they have an awesome environment and the work load is totally manageable.

There can be moments where the workload is great, and others in which there's nothing really to do.
couple raffles, couple pizzas
Associate Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46268January 25, 2017
Assignments in morning,not much communication.Some employees got by talking on their phones,texting.(stealing time).Idosed off a few times after working 12 hr.shift night before and some hardships in my life.I lost my job,ones on their phones didn't.
Pros
a pizza somtimes
Cons
Favortisim
SENIOR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAJanuary 24, 2017
Beckman is a good company, they are located domestically and internationally. They have seen good growth in the past few years.
Lab/Production Technician
Lab/Production Technician (Current Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAJanuary 10, 2017
Good place for experience and entry level fresh-out-of-college students. The environment is welcoming and friendly. There are plenty of opportunities to cross train.
Pros
Good team, good environment, great experience
Cons
Pay
Lab/Production Technician - Good Entry Level Position
The pay isn't great, but the environment is amazing. The teams are intimate and it feels like a family. Everyone is easy-going and incredibly nice. It's a great place to get your experience and cross-train in different departments.
Pros
People, management, and environment
Cons
Pay
Great people
Manager of Technical Publications for New Products (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJanuary 9, 2017
The company includes many long-time employees who are extremely dedicated, as well as a good balance of new and energetic professionals.

Beckman always strives to do the right thing.
Great Company that provides life saving products and services
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Brea, CA 92821January 4, 2017
A great place to work with great people. A typical work day involved all aspects of the customer service spectrum. I learned everything about how the companies products and what they did. Also enjoyed the consistent customer training provided. Management was extremely supportive and encouraged personal development and promotion from within. Hardest part of the job was juggling the various priorities. The most enjoyable part of the job was the sense of satisfaction that came from taking care of our customers and knowing they were pleased at the end of our interaction.
Pros
A great organization that is providing valuable products and services.
Cons
Stress can be high at times and needs to be kept under control
Ok place to work
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GADecember 30, 2016
No a bad place to work, there are some good people that will help you build your career. There are good managers and bad managers everywhere you go. They do strive to give you a good work life balance.
Fun and exciting workplace
Medical Device Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kendall, FLDecember 27, 2016
Beckman Coulter was a great place to work, I learned understanding to be patient Management team was awesome, co workers was trustworthy, The hardest part of the day was leaving.
The enjoyable part was being able to return the next day
Pros
Kind Bosses
Cons
Temp Agency
Interesting Dynamic as Corporate Acquisition
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Brea, CADecember 5, 2016
Loved our workgroup. Interesting corporate dynamic being an acquired company. Not the same Beckman as in times past. Would rather not comment further but to say that I enjoyed my tenure there.
Pros
Lots of opportunity for philanthropic involvement
Cons
hard to say
Low Morale
Technical (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CANovember 9, 2016
I don't know how anyone can give this company a good review.

They gave me three projects to work on and told me to complete all three projects by a specific date. Much to my shock, they walked me out the door two weeks BEFORE the due date of the projects. I was 95% done with them - never got the chance to complete them.

I tried to get a reason for the abrupt, harsh treatment but all I could get out of them was something lame about how a first draft of a report was missing a trivial explanation (really, I would have had to read someone's mind to know to include the explanation). And, it could have been easily modified in less than 5 minutes.

Nice way to treat someone who gave 110% effort and did well on all previous work performances.

Most of the workers complain about the work environment. This company is definitely one to avoid. It seems like this company has an arbitrary policy of termination without justification.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Too many to mention
Therapeutic Work Place
School Counselor (Former Employee) –  Newberry, SCNovember 2, 2016
As an dual employee of the school district and mental health, I provided services to assist children and adolescents in the educational setting as well as the clinical setting. Already being certified to work in the school system, I took a position as school counselor in the district's Alternative School (Evening) from 4-6 pm to help students who did not function well in the daytime public school setting, truant, or involved with the department of juvenile justice.
The position was challenging due to the students' mindsets and their environments.
Pros
Mentoring and counseling students towards positive change
Cons
Behavioral issues
Good enviroment
Analyst II Science (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 30, 2016
Interesting and enjoyable place to work. Opportunities to learn more every day and good environment to work with my co-workers. I enjoyed and loved my duties. No found hardest part working there.
Intense work environment
Senior Quality Assurance Scientist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 5, 2016
Intense work schedule that deadline related. Very labor intensive and knowledge based. Results are also data mining related.
Pros
Great learning experiences
Cons
Need well developed training program
Proactive and dynamic workplace, wonderful group
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 26, 2016
Proactive and dynamic workplace,wonderful group that promotes individual growth, almost no benefit, only temporary.
Pros
special group, good salary
Cons
very small benefit, only temporary
Job Seekers Beware, Avoid the Company.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYSeptember 15, 2016
I have worked for this company for a number of years. So far I have seen 7 of the staff pass away, Three new directors and only received a minimal raise (under one dollar). I have been passed over for promotions only to help train my new superiors and watch them celebrate their duties to others such as myself. The base pay is under 13 an hour starting out and after your probation you have to work two years before you receive any type of raise. The schedules change and are mandatory with no options. The set unrealistic goals and will only offer negative feel back. The communication is lacking in management and supervisors are clueless.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
expensive healthcare packages, low if any raises given, revolving door temps
Making a difference, one shipment at a time
International EMEAI Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KYSeptember 10, 2016
Amazing company to work for. Has been a life changing experience and excellent work/life balance. Executive Management is engaged with advancing careers of those who make a difference in our company. Customer experience is the most important thing to us. Our customers rely on us for critical life saving shipments for medical instruments and lab equipment. We are the catalyst.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Executive Leadership is Best In Class, DBS
Cons
NONE
Making a difference, one shipment at a time
International Exports Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KYSeptember 10, 2016
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Executive Leadership is Best In Class, DBS
Cons
NONE
Well rounded and successful company
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KY 41048September 6, 2016
I enjoyed working at Beckman and working very closely with the management team up thru the Director. Communication is a difficult area as many departments do not always get information relayed to them concerning company activities and other things, Management is not always easy to talk to and be open with.
Nice work enviroment
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 30, 2016
It defenitely has a great work atmosphere, people as well as co-workers and supervisors and managers are always kind. The only con I find in working at Beckman Coulter is the lack of opportunity to get promoted to other positions at the company or even get hired as a permanent employee.
Pros
Great work atmosphere, people is always kind
Cons
No benefits, or permanent positions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beckman Coulter, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Beckman Coulter, Inc. Reviews by Location