Beckman Coulter, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Exciting Position
QA Validation Engineer (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 24, 2015
Being involved with product development and testing new products was very rewarding. BC is has innovative products and is exploring the latest technology in the fields it competes in. BC also has high expectation of its employees to be available and dedicated.
A work place like any other bio tech companies.
Quality Assurance Analyst II-Post Market (Current Employee) –  Brea, CADecember 31, 2015
A work place like any other bio tech companies. Co-workers are mostly good, work is typical to other QA jobs. Great campus.
Productive and fun environment
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brea, CADecember 16, 2015
I enjoyed working with our distributors and their sales people. Loved planning the tradeshows and retail sales training's.
Pros
Little travel to multiple locations, discounts on appliances
Great employees
Distribution Technician (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MADecember 28, 2015
I have learned so much from the people I work with in such a short time and I am glad I got this chance. I have learned how to do a ABI Lab turnover and Media Fill.
Manufacturing Planner/Purchasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CANovember 5, 2015
A typical day at work d
Dd gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
Pros
FREE LUNCH
Cons
a distance
A good place to work with a relaxed armosphere
Technical Writer, R&D Tech Services Publications (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 21, 2013
Beckman Coulter was a good place to work with a reasonable commute. I primarily worked on user's guides that accompanied instruments that are used for biomedical testing in hospitals and other critical care settings. The guides are used by customers, for customer training, and by field service engineers. During my tenure at Beckman, I learned about the elements and development of component content management systems, and global authoring style requirements. My manager was professional, accessible, trusted me to work without excessive supervision, and encouraged and supported me in learning new skills. Most of my coworkers were friendly, helpful, and team players. The hardest part of the job was working with difficult and overbearing personalities. The most enjoyable part of the job was collaborating with my team and learning new technologies.
Pros
flexible work schedule, friendly atmosphere, endorses learning new skills and technologies
Cons
no benefits, no covered parking
Good Company, No Loyalty
Senior Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLFebruary 23, 2015
Good company to work for with good benefits, however, there is no loyalty. Everyone is on pins and needles as you can be terminated at any time.
Pros
compensation
Cons
no loyalty
Decent position with management restructuring issues
Associate Development Scientist (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 11, 2013
While the job itself was nothing to complain about, there was instability everywhere from the makeshift warehouse-esque work place, to the upper management playing games with project priorities, and contract employees coming and going constantly.
Pros
friendly environment, cutting edge device research
Cons
large population of "disposable" contract workers w/o benefits, constant upper management changes and project instability, r and d building is a retired manufacturing plant.
New and interesting challanges each day.
National Automation Hardware Specialist (Current Employee) –  Highland Lakes, NJOctober 7, 2015
Everyday is different. My direct manager allows me to set my schedule and offers guidance and assistance when needed. I travel and have responsibility for the entire US and Canada which keeps the job fresh and challenging.
Pros
New and interesting challanges each day
Cons
40-45 weeks per year travel
Great for a summer internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 6, 2015
I enjoyed my summer internship in engineering at Beckman Coulter. However, I can see the movement to lean manufacturing being an issue for many employees. It seems the Danaher business system is not being implemented properly into the Beckman Coulter workplace. However, I interned there over a year ago, and things may be better now.
excdlleng
Account Sales Consultant, New York Region (Current Employee) –  NJNovember 29, 2015
excellent products that help improve patient care and improve lab workflow. great place to work
oustanding training
great R & D
challenging, competitive work atmosphere
Field Service (biomedical) Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJune 11, 2014
Morning calls came in via text messages or had to sync database for current tasks assigned for the day at about 7:30 am. Reviewed previous repairs of instrument and punch in and leave home with travel time to customer ranging from 1/2 hr to 4 hrs. Call customer to give ETA and to discuss service repair issue. Call dispatch to update ETA or to inform if issue was resolved over the phone with the customer, Arrive on site if issue was not resolved over the phone to assess and resolve the issue. Complete and close field service report and send copy to customer. Call next customer in line for service and repeat the steps above. Travel home or stay overnight if travel is greater than 90 miles. Review inventory, on line training, emails etc. during any down time throughout the day. Management stood behind us and listened most of the time. Co-workers were and awesome team. Everyone was always willing to help each other out. The hardest part of the job was having to leave a customer down because a part needed to be ordered and the best part was to resolve the problem when the customer expected resolution the following day.
Pros
excellent benefits, personal use of company car, training of new instruments
Cons
short breaks, work/life balance needs to be improved
Excellant Company to work for
Quality Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAAugust 7, 2013
31years at Beckman Coulter. Started as an Inventory Analyst, then a Service Dispatcher. Was promoted to a salary position as a Quality Process Specialist. Enjoyed all jobs. Trained and wrote processes for a large customer service group. Training new hires was such a pleasure watching them learn and grow.
Pros
excellent management, great company to learn an grow. 31yrs
Unable to deliver on sold solutions
Sr. Capital Equipment Consultant (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 16, 2015
Unable to deliver on sold solutions.
They've lost customer focus.
Monthly Business Plan Meetings are too often, and there is not enough time to execute the plan
An excellent Company to Work
Senior Technician Distribution/Lead man (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAMay 31, 2015
Beckman Coulter is a company full of opportunities to grow .
My responsabilities working at Beckman Coulter were to satisfied customer needs making sure all orders were shipped in timely manner, preparing import and export, Dangerous goods documents ( IMO, IATA),resolving issues, attending carrier drivers or making appointments for special pick ups, coordinating special international pick ups for international shipments, preparing DHL or FedEx International shipping documents.
There was no such a hard job for me that I couldn't completed , I love challenges and work better under any hard circumstance.
I am an excellent team player , my co-workers enjoyed my help, I was treated respectfully.
very awesome work place
head of department (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CA.May 25, 2015
a typical day at work was soldering diodes and a lot of other little parts on circuit boards for dialysis mother boards, I learned how to follow blueprints and build the boards according to manufacturers polarities, the co-workers were a little hard to work around at first but once they got to know me it was a much better work environment.
The hardest part of the job, sometimes the heat from the soldering iron would make the parts fail the testing process so I would haft to rebuild and that would slow down the production deadlines, the most enjoyable part was working with the company and the people that had been there for so long! I later got promoted to head of shipping
and there I shipped off raw circuit boards to the actual companies that actually made the Dialysis machines!
Pros
company barbeques, christmas break
Cons
no cons
awesome company
inventory control / Forklife operator (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAJune 5, 2015
Beckman coulter is a wonderful company to work for they a family co. until 2012 when the to Danaher corp. this is way I stay there for 22 years

. a typical day at work was always like being at home working side by side with your dad.

.I learn how to be a leader has well as growing to become a better person.

. I had supervisor who will work side by side with you if help was needed.

.my co-workers was like my brothers.

. The hardest part of the job was when Danaher corp. brought the company and they close down the distribution warehouse and move to Kentucky.

. The most enjoyable part of the job we was family.
Pros
famaily work place
Cons
company moved
Team is active and enthusiastic about work. I am learning how some of the medical devices work. I work on the Urine analyzer.
Component and Sustenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CaliforniaSeptember 11, 2015
A decent place to work at. Has enthusiastic co workers. Good scope to learn stuff regarding medical devices and their designs.
Productive very busy with super long hours
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 12, 2012
Beckman coulter is a very reputable company. They have taught me a lot of new skills including great troubleshooting methods, mechanical engineering, and Leadership skills.
Pros
compensation and benefits
Cons
work/life balance
A very great place to work
Associate Advance Manufacture (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAJanuary 8, 2013
To open a job and to finish the job is great, people are great co-works a willness to help,I enjoy lunch and management were great in need of information to get the job done that one is assigned to.
Pros
benefits medical
Cons
wish we had trees out in the parking lot