Beckman Coulter, Inc.

Beckman Coulter, Inc. Employer Reviews

life at BCI
Department Admin, Security Dept (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: majority of bci staff are great people
Cons: management had no integrity
A good place to start
Product Development Scientist (Current Employee), Brea, CAJanuary 24, 2013
Very laid-back place with a lot of responsibilities but you are expected to work diligently and independently. Co-workers are very friendly and taught me a lot and gave me great experience.
Family oriented , Fun place to work
Senior Microcomputer Technician (Former Employee), Miami floridaJanuary 22, 2013
busy days
some after hour projects
understanding management
great co-workers
good learning place
No room for advancement.
Advanced Contract Compliance Specialist (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: nice people
Cons: management is horrible.
Management needs to be changed. Managers are not open minded.
They treat the staff like children and are not nice all the time.
They do not encourage growth within the company. The enviroment is depressing due to the poor management
very productive and having fun with ping pong tables at lunch break or after hours
R&D Technician (Former Employee), Brea, CAJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: more flexible working hours to complete job done
Cons: less review and promotion
*Generate current CP Data-part lists with Data sheet and Certificate of Compliance to RoHS system(REACH)
*Perform primary Risk Assessment to select full RoHS, exemption RoHS or obsolete parts.
*Converse and update electronic component parts compliant to RoHS by searching – more... Website (Electronic Part Vendors; Digikey,Mouser, Avnet ,RS…).
*Compare and verify of company’s data base and related component parts on hand ; in shelves, and in PCBA’s(team work).
* Upload and report EMARS system (ORACLE) to furnish the document control needed as requirements

* The most hardest part is to verify and detect data errors, call a meeting to correct the issues for completion of related documents

*Enjoy discussing new update infomation with co-workers.
*Enjoy in our agreements for variable solving problems daily. – less
A very great place to work
Associate Advance Manufacture (Former Employee), Porterville, CAJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: benefits medical
Cons: wish we had trees out in the parking lot
To open a job and to finish the job is great, people are great co-works a willness to help,I enjoy lunch and management were great in need of information to get the job done that one is assigned to.
worst is happened when Danaher buys Beckman... Olympus is the best
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), NJ/NYJanuary 5, 2013
starts with shifts (7am 8am and 9am start)-kill family life with that.
Put GPS devices in the cars and start tracking workers as well private life sometimes. GPS should be device for costumer satisfaction - its not only for that.
They tried to charge the phone because we can use it for private use and then they can read our messages and view private – more... calls. Who need that?
To many tracking, they dont believe to workers.
Management was always telling us a promises but we never see that something is happened.
I am happy not working any more for this company. – less
Clean climate controlled building
Senior Craftsman (Former Employee), Sharon Hill, PADecember 29, 2012
Pros: talents were appreciated
Cons: upper management no experience with mechanical employee
Maintain all units as needed. Preventative maintenance schedule followed
All converting units different from what I was used to working on
Management laid back in my case.
Coworkers typical manufacturing people. Easy to get along with even when problems on the units
I was the only maintenance man in building. Never any help when needed with moving heavy – more... equipment #00 pound motors etc
Job schedule was schedule I set
Schedule worked and plant was running so was not supervised closely – less
The worst management ever.
Senior Field Service Engineer III (Former Employee), Brea, CADecember 22, 2012
Pros: you get payed.
Cons: evything else.
One hand of this company has no idea what the other is doing.
Management heavy company. NO trust in employees. You are tracked and followed like a dog.
Engaging
Total Rep (Former Employee), Miami, FLDecember 19, 2012
CRM training. Panel interview process added validity. It was hard to have distributors cooperate fully.
Productive and fun workplace with cafeteria and gym
STAFF COST ACCOUNTANT (Current Employee), Brea, CADecember 18, 2012
Pros: cafeteria and gym
Stable and growing international healthcare instrument manufacturer
Make sure it's the right fit!
Account Sales Consultant (Current Employee), PA/ NJDecember 18, 2012
Pros: dynamic enviornment, flexibility, customer facing
Cons: difficult work life balance, lack of opprothnity to advance professionally
As an Account Manager, I represent all diagnostic product disciplines including: Chemistry, Immunoassay, & Hematology.
Passionate, motivated by challenges, and driven by my focus.
Account Sales Consultant (Current Employee), PADecember 18, 2012
Pros: dynamic enviornment, flexibility, customer facing
As an Account Manager, I represent all diagnostic product disciplines including: Chemistry, Immunoassay, & Hematology (>$14.5M territory). My current responsibilities range from lead/opportunity generation, contract generation/management, base business retention, and capital equipment/ reagent growth. I am responsible for consulting with laboratory – more... personnel, hospital executives, and administration to provide solutions for large scale laboratory Chemistry, Immunoassay, and Hematology testing. I create an environment that is built upon the foundations of teamwork & collaboration to effectively manage risk, foster creativity and set/carryout strategic objectives. My customers consist of hospitals and reference laboratories in the Central PA Region. – less
Big Brother
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), Evansville, INDecember 16, 2012
They watch everything you do.
They even had GPS in the vehicles and would watch them and call you about anything and everything you did. It made it hard to get your job done with so much micro managing.
A good place to work, but not good enough if you want more than just a job and income
Staff Scientist (Current Employee), Southfield, MIDecember 8, 2012
People are very nice. Good work-life balance.

Too much politics. Many talented people, but managers often only promote those who follow them and never raise question or doubts. A lot of times, they are not talented at all, but just good followers. Because of this, the company has seen talented people leaving. It's really sad that some managers either – more... have too much ego or are focused too much on their own agendas. They often ignore other people's opinion. As such, huge amount of money and resources have been wasted. You will see such things happening every where, from R&D, IT to Marketing. Things have not changed much since the company was acquired by Danaher. – less
fun place to work
Advanced Technician (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CANovember 27, 2012
Pros: close to my house
Cons: management had no integrity
i learned to be a better leader. management lack integrity. my co workers were great. i enjoyed my job becuase the people i lead respected me and valued my input.
People are friendly, helpful, and will do what they can to help you succeed.
Manager, Technical Services (Current Employee), IndianapolisNovember 25, 2012
Pros: employee recognitions, mgr recognitions, holiday lunch, friendly atmosphere
Cons: work life balance could be better, some depts are short on help
As a manager I find that I rely quite a bit on the people that work for me. If it weren't for them we certainly wouldn't accomplish as much as we do throughout the year. I have the utmost respect for them and their talents. Together we work hard to meet project deadlines in order to support business operations. Because of their hardwork and dedication – more... we have released more new products in the last couple of years then the previous years. – less
Great work environment
Material Handler (Former Employee), Porterville, CANovember 13, 2012
I learned how to work well with others. Great work environment and great company to work for.
Positive and Negatives of BCI
Packaging Engineer (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 11, 2012
Pros: feel the company i work for makes a positive difference in peoples lives, majority of bci staff are great people
Cons: very top heavy with unclear communication regarding expectations and goals, tremendous loss of true talent
Beckman Coulter has been an awesome place to work. There are unfortunate bits about it. Unfortunately there is strong Silo mentality that has existed since I started up here. This makes it so all groups are group centric and make it hard to get work done. Additionally BCI was cracked down on by the FDA and since then the process to make simple changes – more... is so demanding as far as paperwork and required authorizations that it makes it very difficult to run simple changes through.

Overall I absolutely LOVE the people I work with and this is true for people company wide at all sites. It is amazing how a company filled to the brim with good people would have a hard time getting things processed quickly.

Last note is that one major complaint is that organic advancement is very difficult. Generally people (especially in my field) do not get promoted. We work many levels ahead of our career band. Amazingly the title change would be enough for me. – less
Great hours, understanding, good people
Recieving (Former Employee), Miami, FLNovember 10, 2012
Pros: 3 breaks at work
Cons: short breaks
Good working environment, I've learn how important it is to maintain a well organized area in the work place to make the job easier. Managers always keeping you on your toes while having a good relationship with you, co-workers feel like family. The hardest part of the job was just having to work on a faster pace, because a co-worker had missed work. – more... The best part of the job was that it didn't feel like a job, because of the people that worked with you were like family. – less

About Beckman Coulter, Inc.

Beckman Coulter, Inc., the largest operating company of the Danaher family, is a manufacturer and marketer of biomedical testing – Read more