Beckman Coulter, Inc. Employee Reviews

Decent Place to work - Don't expect too much mobility
Coordinator Customer Support (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAJune 17, 2015
Standard package of benefits, with healthcare being a bit on the cheap side. Some questionable cost-saving choices by management, as with many corporations. Plenty of room within company and parent corporation to move around, but don't expect too much from management in terms of help.
Pros
nice campus
Cons
sub par health insurance benefits
clean quiet office with a great team of engineers
Receptionist I (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAJune 26, 2016
On a typical day at work I would arrive on time, turn on the lights, and prepare the front desk, guest log, and badges for the day as well as retrieving badges while making sure the phone was always answered and that calls were directed to the appropriate extension.

I prepared outgoing mail sorted incoming mail and handled postage.
Pros
lots of free food, calm mid-fast paced environment, friendly professional team
challenging, competitive work atmosphere
Field Service (biomedical) Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJune 11, 2014
Morning calls came in via text messages or had to sync database for current tasks assigned for the day at about 7:30 am. Reviewed previous repairs of instrument and punch in and leave home with travel time to customer ranging from 1/2 hr to 4 hrs. Call customer to give ETA and to discuss service repair issue. Call dispatch to update ETA or to inform if issue was resolved over the phone with the customer, Arrive on site if issue was not resolved over the phone to assess and resolve the issue. Complete and close field service report and send copy to customer. Call next customer in line for service and repeat the steps above. Travel home or stay overnight if travel is greater than 90 miles. Review inventory, on line training, emails etc. during any down time throughout the day. Management stood behind us and listened most of the time. Co-workers were and awesome team. Everyone was always willing to help each other out. The hardest part of the job was having to leave a customer down because a part needed to be ordered and the best part was to resolve the problem when the customer expected resolution the following day.
Pros
excellent benefits, personal use of company car, training of new instruments
Cons
short breaks, work/life balance needs to be improved
Hard to work for. too many thing going on at once and very little time
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 11, 2016
Hard to work for. Too many thing going on at once and very little time. However the management was very understanding and tried to help in anyway possible
Pros
theirs a lot of work to do
Cons
no time to train the employees
Excellant Company to work for
Quality Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAAugust 7, 2013
31years at Beckman Coulter. Started as an Inventory Analyst, then a Service Dispatcher. Was promoted to a salary position as a Quality Process Specialist. Enjoyed all jobs. Trained and wrote processes for a large customer service group. Training new hires was such a pleasure watching them learn and grow.
Pros
Excellent Management, great Company to learn an grow. 31yrs
Good place to start out
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Chaska, MNApril 27, 2016
This company is a really good place to start out. It is a tough job, however, you learn a lot.

Be prepared for long hours and not much training.

The employees are great and very dedicated to the company.
Pros
Good teams to work with.
Cons
DBS system
Productive very busy with super long hours
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 12, 2012
Beckman coulter is a very reputable company. They have taught me a lot of new skills including great troubleshooting methods, mechanical engineering, and Leadership skills.
Pros
compensation and benefits
Cons
work/life balance
A very great place to work
Associate Advance Manufacture (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAJanuary 8, 2013
To open a job and to finish the job is great, people are great co-works a willness to help,I enjoy lunch and management were great in need of information to get the job done that one is assigned to.
Pros
benefits medical
Cons
wish we had trees out in the parking lot
Good salary but little consideration for work/ life balance
Sr. Analyst (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 11, 2013
Pros:
Good salary, great co-workers and a team environment.

Cons:

Excessive demands from Management, large workload, no consideration for work-life balance
Productive fun workplace, ecellent work environment, great hours.
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 26, 2016
Productive and fun workplace, excellent work environment and cool coworkers. I say a fun workplace that includes going on events located in the Indianapolis area, shows employee appreciation, we have pitch-ins where the job provides lunch for us that day.
Pros
Awesome supervisor, work is steady, I get to listen to music while i work, go on events, pitch-ins, I just love it!
Cons
Can't really think of any cons, sorry.
This job was an good experience
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJuly 18, 2016
No matter how you start at a new position this job teaches clerical work. Patience is the key that they have to train you as an individual.
intelligent co-workers
Project Management (Former Employee) –  Chaska, MNFebruary 26, 2015
Many layers of complexity but the task at hand was always in very capable hands. Good place to work, a lot of things to learn.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Company was bought and management hierarchy was upset.
No set hours, difficult work / life balance
Senior Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 19, 2015
Not suitable for anyone except single personnel without children. This job is very demanding with minimal compensation. Not worth the stress or not see my family.
Pros
Company car, laptop, work from home
Cons
Late work nights, On-call all of the time
Great company to work for
Advanced Microcomputer Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 24, 2015
This is a great company to work for. Great benefits, and compensation plans. Laid back yet challenging environment. I recommend this company.
Teamwork - made the working environment more enjoyable to come to work and be a part of that team.
Complaint Investigator (Former Employee) –  Chaska, MNJanuary 20, 2016
This company made a great working environment. I investigated the complaints to see if they needed to be reported to the FDA (timely). I worked closely with the engineers for the root cause and any additional information needed.

I learned more about diagnostic devices MDR (medical device reporting.

Management was a caring style.

Trending was the hardest part of the job.

Working with people who knew how to work together and was will to help their co-worker.
Pros
Cafe' for lunch on the campus
Fun place to work
Development Scientist I (R&D) (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJune 17, 2015
Everybody is very friendly and welcoming. The work is manageable and routine. A lot of benefits for employees but they hire a lot of individuals as temps.
A great company
Telecommunications Sales Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAAugust 26, 2013
The management provided me with a personal laptop and personal office and the management was very friendly.
Pros
Large compensation
Cons
Layoff
Management team worked for the employees.
Administrative Assistant, Customer Relations (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAMarch 24, 2015
Worked with a team of 4 supporting the VIP Customer Relations Tours. I was given the opportunity to learn Event Planning.
Pros
Great benefits
8 Years at Beckman Coulter
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 7, 2015
Beckman Coulter was a great place to work in terms of my career, as it was the longest of my employments and taught me a lot. Throughout my time there I handled many things such as high levels of inbound customer service calls, manual order entry, and being the sole Lean Six Sigma representative for the Customer Service team. In addition, the pay grade was high in comparison to similar jobs at the time, as I was able to obtain an increase in pay annually due to my personal review and statistics (call monitoring by management, number of manual orders processed monthly, quality review, etc).
Pros
Close proximity to home
Cons
This company was everything you needed it to be.
Group Leader/Principle Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 20, 2012
Their was growth structure employee satisfaction,bonus and insentives.It was a family type atmosphere took very good care of there employees.
Pros
benifits was super
Cons
i had to leave relocation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beckman Coulter, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Beckman Coulter, Inc. Reviews by Location