Beckman Coulter, Inc.

Beckman Coulter, Inc. Employee Reviews

Medical OEM company part of Danaher corp
District Service Manager (Former Employee), Brea, CAMay 13, 2014
Pros: dedicated engineers
Cons: work life balance
A company in the healthcare industry that helps mankind to enjoy a longer and healthier life. A typical day consisted of managing engineers to provide urgent service on laboratory analyzers.
N/A
Corporate Finance Intern (Former Employee), Brea, CAMay 13, 2014
A great company to work for! I learned a lot and dealt with a wide variety of people. Experience I will never forget!
Life at the Beckman Coulter
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 11, 2014
I had a great manager who worked to know his employees. Great co-workers. The company was becoming more restrictive in employee freedoms for the sake of analytical data which caused friction.
Typical day would include: interfacing with customers via telephone followed by a site visits to troubleshoot instrumentation.
Great company
Manager Instrument Manufacturing (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 5, 2014
Great company
Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. Hospital laboratories are our core clinical diagnostic customers. Our life science customers include pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, universities, medical schools and research institutions. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on six continents. For more than 75 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples� lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care
Friendly coworkers. Nice clean new building.
Project Coordinator/Project Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 24, 2014
Extensive email contact with people all over the country, and Europe. Reviewed new orders to verify their completeness. Managed the incoming and outgoing orders in our personal database. Released the orders for shipment, and sometimes personally packaged and shipped them myself. The only downside was a boss that liked to yell a lot, and run people down even if they didn't work in our department.
Has gone down hill!
manufacturing (Current Employee), Chaska, MNApril 16, 2014
Cons: poor management
There is no advancement whatsoever unless you are a managers "pet". Mandatory 50+ work weeks and do not care at all about your life outside of there. They keep cutting down our workspace. I work in a 4 ft workspace. There is absolutely no respect from supervisors/managers. Moral it the worst it has ever been. No one is happy working there anymore.
work place
associate 2 (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAApril 2, 2014
Pros: fan lunchs
daily report
fax my material as need
check my work area
building my instrument 2000 or 3000 biomex
daily housekeeping
Just a job. Decent Company
Associate (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 17, 2014
Pros: decent pay, getting better at employee recognition, interaction with co-workers, yearly engagement surveys
Cons: micro managing, bad communication, lack of training, bi weekly kaizens, no input from employees, management
Limited opportunities to advance within the company. There is a good work/life balance. Sometimes there are times where the supervisors ask you to work overtime while they stay home and enjoy their weekend. There is a lot of favoritism. Expect to run out of parts every month or so as Danaher policy with paying vendors. Simple solutions get ignored to try and solve an bigger problem that isn't present. Management is hard to get ahold of in between the meetings they are usually in all day.
Great interdisciplinary group participation
Strategic Product Manager (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAMarch 7, 2014
Pros: great benefits
The Sagian automation group was amazing interdisciplinary to work with, always addressing biological process problems with integrated solutions.
Multitasking
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 9, 2014
The position required a high level of technical skills and the ability to work with a diverse group of peoples.
Cool envirnment
Credit Collection Bad Debit A/R Rep (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: lots of potlucks
Cons: utilized temp agencies during that time
Overall during my employment with Beckman I was the youngest on the team during that time
productive and fun
Associate (Former Employee), Brea, Ca.February 4, 2014
Pros: pais well and job (industry) is ver secure
Cons: did not always replace reqs.
Fun
Teamwork
Real People
Staffing levels not always the best.
Really serious and competant
MATERIAL HANDLER (Current Employee), Chaska, MNFebruary 3, 2014
This job is tough physically and more components get added. There are not enough people to do the work well.
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee), Chatsworth, CAJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: company vehicle
Cons: health care
I learned how to work in the medical field, and put my technical to skills to help customers in need.
independence
Application Principal System Specalist (Former Employee), Brea, CAJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: travel
I like the independence at this company. Travel was difficult but exciting. Salary was excellent.
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Miami, flJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: dress down fridays
Cons: 24/7
Excellent, work place, management are always there, co-workers team players
cool job
Order Puller (Former Employee), Chino, CAJanuary 7, 2014
picked orders, packed, shipped.. wasnt to hard very light lifting. great company to work for..
Beckman Review
Finance Manager (Current Employee), Brea, CAJanuary 6, 2014
Beckman is a fast paced environment. If you're looking for work/life balance - Beckman is not the place for you. If you are looking to be challenged and work with intelligent people, there is plenty of that. However, good management is not consistent throughout the company, moral is low and timelines can be unreasonable. Depending on your direct management, you may have a great opportunity to advance.
Great company to work for.
Sr. Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), New EnglandJanuary 6, 2014
I performed from two to five calls per day. It was busy every day but in a good way. I got along with my co-workers and we helped each other out whenever there was a need.
This place is terrible
Field serviced (Current Employee), HereDecember 30, 2013
Cons: everything
Field engineer jobs suck hate it don't waste your time applying

About Beckman Coulter, Inc.

Beckman Coulter, Inc., the largest operating company of the Danaher family, is a manufacturer and marketer of biomedical testing – Read more

Beckman Coulter, Inc. Salaries

Sales Director
$200 per day

Beckman Coulter, Inc. Photos

A busy day at work.
Working with CBC machine.
Access blood analyzer machine