Beckman Coulter, Inc.

Beckman Coulter, Inc. Employer Reviews

T.V. in lunchroom to relax, magazines w/health management articles to read. No magazine w/movies stars life situations.
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: hard work rewarded, free lunches during meetings. free education.
Cons: beeing looked over for a position, when i knew that i qualified for the job.
Doing work in your area. Move to different depts to help others where needed.

A clean area gives you a clear mind.

When the product gets to your area,make sure the traveler is signed and every step is completed.

Help coworkers when needed. Keep a happy relationship.

Staying busy for 8 hours.

When the job comes together as planned.
A good place to work with a relaxed armosphere
Technical Writer, R&D Tech Services Publications (Former Employee), Irving, TXFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule, friendly atmosphere, endorses learning new skills and technologies
Cons: no benefits, no covered parking
Beckman Coulter was a good place to work with a reasonable commute. I primarily worked on user's guides that accompanied instruments that are used for biomedical testing in hospitals and other critical care settings. The guides are used by customers, for customer training, and by field service engineers. During my tenure at Beckman, I learned about – more... the elements and development of component content management systems, and global authoring style requirements. My manager was professional, accessible, trusted me to work without excessive supervision, and encouraged and supported me in learning new skills. Most of my coworkers were friendly, helpful, and team players. The hardest part of the job was working with difficult and overbearing personalities. The most enjoyable part of the job was collaborating with my team and learning new technologies. – less
Challenging and very engaging
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 10, 2013
Having spent the previous 25+ years in classified environments (which entailed window-less, vaulted enclosures), working here at Beckman Coulter - Miami was indeed a welcome and much-needed change!

Management quickly gauges one's knowledge base and puts it to work i.e. comfort zones can be maintained while at the same time expanded to meet the Company's – more... requirements.

My knowledge of MS Excel was not only put to the test but because my expertise was highly sought-after, I was able to express my creativity when creating daily, weekly, and monthly reports for operations, finance, and procurement. This, in turn, led to automating processes via complex reports that wre formally dot-matrix printouts.

I was very pleased with my first foray into civilian employment. – less
A company that you never wanted to leave, made a real difference in the medical world. Hard working people from all walks of life.
Senior Security Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FloridaFebruary 1, 2013
Was a great place to work, worked there for 29+ years. My typical day was never typical. Security responsibility for a company of this size was a challenge everyday. I felt that the employees were all part of a family. Unfortunately the company was sold and a lot of the culture died in the sale.
I really liked working there but it was time to move on, – more... I loved the people I worked with everyday.
Hardest was the travel as I had responsibility for all East Coast operations.
I enjoyed helping people and making a difference and keeping them safe and secure in the workplace. – less
life at BCI
Department Admin, Security Dept (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: majority of bci staff are great people
Cons: management had no integrity
Good working environment, I've learn how important it is to maintain a well organized area in the work place to make the job easier.
A good place to start
Product Development Scientist (Current Employee), Brea, CAJanuary 24, 2013
Very laid-back place with a lot of responsibilities but you are expected to work diligently and independently. Co-workers are very friendly and taught me a lot and gave me great experience.
Family oriented , Fun place to work
Senior Microcomputer Technician (Former Employee), Miami floridaJanuary 22, 2013
busy days
some after hour projects
understanding management
great co-workers
good learning place
No room for advancement.
Advanced Contract Compliance Specialist (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: nice people
Cons: management is horrible.
Management needs to be changed. Managers are not open minded.
They treat the staff like children and are not nice all the time.
They do not encourage growth within the company. The enviroment is depressing due to the poor management
very productive and having fun with ping pong tables at lunch break or after hours
R&D Technician (Former Employee), Brea, CAJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: more flexible working hours to complete job done
Cons: less review and promotion
*Generate current CP Data-part lists with Data sheet and Certificate of Compliance to RoHS system(REACH)
*Perform primary Risk Assessment to select full RoHS, exemption RoHS or obsolete parts.
*Converse and update electronic component parts compliant to RoHS by searching – more... Website (Electronic Part Vendors; Digikey,Mouser, Avnet ,RS…).
*Compare and verify of company’s data base and related component parts on hand ; in shelves, and in PCBA’s(team work).
* Upload and report EMARS system (ORACLE) to furnish the document control needed as requirements

* The most hardest part is to verify and detect data errors, call a meeting to correct the issues for completion of related documents

*Enjoy discussing new update infomation with co-workers.
*Enjoy in our agreements for variable solving problems daily. – less
A very great place to work
Associate Advance Manufacture (Former Employee), Porterville, CAJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: benefits medical
Cons: wish we had trees out in the parking lot
To open a job and to finish the job is great, people are great co-works a willness to help,I enjoy lunch and management were great in need of information to get the job done that one is assigned to.
worst is happened when Danaher buys Beckman... Olympus is the best
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), NJ/NYJanuary 5, 2013
starts with shifts (7am 8am and 9am start)-kill family life with that.
Put GPS devices in the cars and start tracking workers as well private life sometimes. GPS should be device for costumer satisfaction - its not only for that.
They tried to charge the phone because we can use it for private use and then they can read our messages and view private – more... calls. Who need that?
To many tracking, they dont believe to workers.
Management was always telling us a promises but we never see that something is happened.
I am happy not working any more for this company. – less
Clean climate controlled building
Senior Craftsman (Former Employee), Sharon Hill, PADecember 29, 2012
Pros: talents were appreciated
Cons: upper management no experience with mechanical employee
Maintain all units as needed. Preventative maintenance schedule followed
All converting units different from what I was used to working on
Management laid back in my case.
Coworkers typical manufacturing people. Easy to get along with even when problems on the units
I was the only maintenance man in building. Never any help when needed with moving heavy – more... equipment #00 pound motors etc
Job schedule was schedule I set
Schedule worked and plant was running so was not supervised closely – less
The worst management ever.
Senior Field Service Engineer III (Former Employee), Brea, CADecember 22, 2012
Pros: you get payed.
Cons: evything else.
One hand of this company has no idea what the other is doing.
Management heavy company. NO trust in employees. You are tracked and followed like a dog.
Engaging
Total Rep (Former Employee), Miami, FLDecember 19, 2012
CRM training. Panel interview process added validity. It was hard to have distributors cooperate fully.
Productive and fun workplace with cafeteria and gym
STAFF COST ACCOUNTANT (Current Employee), Brea, CADecember 18, 2012
Pros: cafeteria and gym
Stable and growing international healthcare instrument manufacturer
Make sure it's the right fit!
Account Sales Consultant (Current Employee), PA/ NJDecember 18, 2012
Pros: dynamic enviornment, flexibility, customer facing
Cons: difficult work life balance, lack of opprothnity to advance professionally
As an Account Manager, I represent all diagnostic product disciplines including: Chemistry, Immunoassay, & Hematology.
Passionate, motivated by challenges, and driven by my focus.
Account Sales Consultant (Current Employee), PADecember 18, 2012
Pros: dynamic enviornment, flexibility, customer facing
As an Account Manager, I represent all diagnostic product disciplines including: Chemistry, Immunoassay, & Hematology (>$14.5M territory). My current responsibilities range from lead/opportunity generation, contract generation/management, base business retention, and capital equipment/ reagent growth. I am responsible for consulting with laboratory – more... personnel, hospital executives, and administration to provide solutions for large scale laboratory Chemistry, Immunoassay, and Hematology testing. I create an environment that is built upon the foundations of teamwork & collaboration to effectively manage risk, foster creativity and set/carryout strategic objectives. My customers consist of hospitals and reference laboratories in the Central PA Region. – less
Big Brother
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), Evansville, INDecember 16, 2012
They watch everything you do.
They even had GPS in the vehicles and would watch them and call you about anything and everything you did. It made it hard to get your job done with so much micro managing.
A good place to work, but not good enough if you want more than just a job and income
Staff Scientist (Current Employee), Southfield, MIDecember 8, 2012
People are very nice. Good work-life balance.

Too much politics. Many talented people, but managers often only promote those who follow them and never raise question or doubts. A lot of times, they are not talented at all, but just good followers. Because of this, the company has seen talented people leaving. It's really sad that some managers either – more... have too much ego or are focused too much on their own agendas. They often ignore other people's opinion. As such, huge amount of money and resources have been wasted. You will see such things happening every where, from R&D, IT to Marketing. Things have not changed much since the company was acquired by Danaher. – less
fun place to work
Advanced Technician (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CANovember 27, 2012
Pros: close to my house
Cons: management had no integrity
i learned to be a better leader. management lack integrity. my co workers were great. i enjoyed my job becuase the people i lead respected me and valued my input.

About Beckman Coulter, Inc.

Beckman Coulter, Inc., the largest operating company of the Danaher family, is a manufacturer and marketer of biomedical testing – Read more

Beckman Coulter, Inc. Photos