Beckman Coulter, Inc.

Beckman Coulter, Inc. Employer Reviews

Finally moving forward with innovation
Capital Consultant (Current Employee), USJuly 7, 2013
- Management is ever changing
- Lack of innovation has hurt sales
- Finally moving in the right direction
Excellent company with a strong market prescence
Capital Equipment Consultant (Former Employee), Regional based, Cincinnati, OHJuly 3, 2013
Pros: company is well thought of in the industry.
Very positive experience overall. Collaborative sales atmosphere with technical support assistance as needed.
Good company undergoing changes due to buyout.
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee), Phoenix, ArizonaJune 29, 2013
Recently acquired by Danaher. Sweeping changes are currently being implemented.
Productive and cool place to work.
Quality Control Inspector, Material Handler (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 17, 2013
I enjoyed working for this company, Friendly and professional staff. I would highly recommend this as a nice place to work.
Overall, good company, bad facility management
DISTRIBUTION TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Hebron, KYJune 4, 2013
Pros: benefits and retirement plans
Cons: poor management, poor training, no lean system, no flexibility, not open to new ideas, no advancement
Work consisted of some 12 and 10 hour days,lifting, driving, filing. I learned to be a leader. Management is horrible and has no ethical standards. A lot of favoritism is shown at this particular facility making advancement nearly impossible. Hardest part of the job is working hard to realize that you won't advance unless someone likes you. Most enjoyable part was learning everything in the first year but that made the next four years difficult.
The greatest place to work for....at least prior to 2007.
Principle Manufacturing Quality Technician (Former Employee), Hialeah, Fl.June 3, 2013
Pros: everything
Spent 19 wonderful years there.
Great place to learn and grow.
Professional environment
Senior Development Scientist (Current Employee), Miami, FLJune 1, 2013
Beckman Coulter is a leader in diagnostic instrumentation and reagent development. Many products that I have been involved with have been proven to be "best in class."
Lots of favortism, blaming and depressing environment for work.
Senior Engineer (Former Employee), CAMay 23, 2013
Lots of favortism, blaming and depressing environment for work.
Ridiculou performance rating system
Global Product Manager (Current Employee), Brea, CAApril 25, 2013
Pros: onsite gym, fitness classes, cafe, dining, credit union, atm machine, dry clean, car wash, basetball court, ping pong tables
Cons: performance rating system, lack of career advancement
The facility at Brea is great overall. The people are general nice to work with. The performance rating system is ridiculous because they put everyone in a bell curve so you can end up getting a low rating even if you accomplish all your goals for the year. In 2013, the parent company (Danaher) performance rating will be implemented where 50% of your rating is based on whether you accomplished your goals, and 50% of your rating is based on subjective criteria such as "how" you accomplish those goals. I think it basically give management a reason to give you whatever rating they want. They no longer have to justify why you get a bad rating.
In transition
Senior Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNApril 23, 2013
Pros: good customers
Cons: big brother over you shoulder
Good people to work with. Management counting cash. Products aging.
Family oriented, Good place to work, very Social
Design Engineer (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAApril 18, 2013
I enjoyed my 15 years working at Beckman Coulter. I felt my contributions to the company were noticed and appreciated. I enjoyed the people I worked with and Administration was very understanding, but helped us to understand how we helped the company.

I would recommend this company for anyone to work for.
This established company is in a transition
Contracted Full-time Developmental Chemist (Current Employee), Brea, CAApril 1, 2013
Pros: break room with wii and tv
Cons: likely to not get renew on contract
The people here are very helpful and they are willing to teach you a lot of things about the company, new techniques and help you on the things you need. The demands to complete tasks are reasonable. The hardest part is to maintain a well organized and detailed lab notebook. Since the company is in transition, the contract is not likely to be renewed for 2013, but the best part is the experienced gained for working here is invaluable.
Was a very good place to work.
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee), Chaska, MNMarch 30, 2013
Cleaning labs, hallways, bathrooms, stairs. Did safety training yearly. Help with recycling. Scrubbed floors, stripped & waxed floors when needed. How to strip & wax floors & carpet cleaning. Management was pretty good. Co-workers got along real good with. Safety training was the hardest. Friendly co-workers and other employees were friendly too.
If you want work/life balance this isn't the place for you
Associate (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 25, 2013
Expect you to do two peoples jobs and only pay you for one. Horrible management, hard to find a mentor.
They don't care about their associates, dont show any appreciation.
experiences in beckman coulter
Assit Supervisor/Senior Distribution specialist (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 13, 2013
Pros: two beak times plus lunch
excellent environment. they promoted integrity and good values. I learned to be a leader and a good team member. Respected my fellow worker and I never let competition impede my judgment on how I should act. The most inconvenient part of my job was adjusting to external department issues. Such as system going down or last minute product being placed on hold. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping my subordinates and having a few laughs .
Was a great place to work. Still is for some, but Danaher cost-cutting is starting to take its toll
IT Director, Applications Development & Web (Former Employee), Brea, CAMarch 6, 2013
T.V. in lunchroom to relax, magazines w/health management articles to read. No magazine w/movies stars life situations.
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: hard work rewarded, free lunches during meetings. free education.
Cons: beeing looked over for a position, when i knew that i qualified for the job.
Doing work in your area. Move to different depts to help others where needed.

A clean area gives you a clear mind.

When the product gets to your area,make sure the traveler is signed and every step is completed.

Help coworkers when needed. Keep a happy relationship.

Staying busy for 8 hours.

When the job comes together as planned.
A good place to work with a relaxed armosphere
Technical Writer, R&D Tech Services Publications (Former Employee), Irving, TXFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule, friendly atmosphere, endorses learning new skills and technologies
Cons: no benefits, no covered parking
Beckman Coulter was a good place to work with a reasonable commute. I primarily worked on user's guides that accompanied instruments that are used for biomedical testing in hospitals and other critical care settings. The guides are used by customers, for customer training, and by field service engineers. During my tenure at Beckman, I learned about the elements and development of component content management systems, and global authoring style requirements. My manager was professional, accessible, trusted me to work without excessive supervision, and encouraged and supported me in learning new skills. Most of my coworkers were friendly, helpful, and team players. The hardest part of the job was working with difficult and overbearing personalities. The most enjoyable part of the job was collaborating with my team and learning new technologies.
Challenging and very engaging
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 10, 2013
Having spent the previous 25+ years in classified environments (which entailed window-less, vaulted enclosures), working here at Beckman Coulter - Miami was indeed a welcome and much-needed change!

Management quickly gauges one's knowledge base and puts it to work i.e. comfort zones can be maintained while at the same time expanded to meet the Company's requirements.

My knowledge of MS Excel was not only put to the test but because my expertise was highly sought-after, I was able to express my creativity when creating daily, weekly, and monthly reports for operations, finance, and procurement. This, in turn, led to automating processes via complex reports that wre formally dot-matrix printouts.

I was very pleased with my first foray into civilian employment.
A company that you never wanted to leave, made a real difference in the medical world. Hard working people from all walks of life.
Senior Security Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FloridaFebruary 1, 2013
Was a great place to work, worked there for 29+ years. My typical day was never typical. Security responsibility for a company of this size was a challenge everyday. I felt that the employees were all part of a family. Unfortunately the company was sold and a lot of the culture died in the sale.
I really liked working there but it was time to move on, I loved the people I worked with everyday.
Hardest was the travel as I had responsibility for all East Coast operations.
I enjoyed helping people and making a difference and keeping them safe and secure in the workplace.

About Beckman Coulter, Inc.

Beckman Coulter, Inc., the largest operating company of the Danaher family, is a manufacturer and marketer of biomedical testing – Read more

Beckman Coulter, Inc. Photos