Becton Dickinson & Company (BD)

Becton Dickinson & Company (BD) Employer Reviews

Productive and very nice place to work
SAP Basis Administrator (Current Employee), Franklin Lakes, NJFebruary 27, 2015
Productive and very nice place to work. A day at BD is very cool and the people are very friendly. I have learned in depth knowledge in SAP BASIS administration. The Management is very co-operative and friendly. Colleagues are very sportive and fun to work with . The hardest part of the job would be multitasking. But I over come that with effective planning at work. Hassle free environment. The most enjoyable part of the job will be interacting with various users across the globe and resolving their issues in SAP systems.
Lots of opportunity for professional growth
Business Analyst - Contract Analytics and Oper (Former Employee), Franklin Lakes, NJFebruary 23, 2015
Very fast paced environment, but more than adequate training was provided. Analytical skills along with Excel skills were an important part of the position. Needed to be a team player, yet work independently on a daily basis.
slow moving, great job security
Strategic Innovation & Business Development (Former Employee), Franklin Lakes, NJFebruary 2, 2015
flat organization with lots of politics, highly experienced and professional managers, a multiple executives to learn from.
Company made products at this facility and assembled there in house.
machine operator (Former Employee), Sumter, SCJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: just pleasant atmosphere
Cons: all machines were being set up for robots and less associate help.
It was a job that I really enjoyed going to every day. People working here were helpful about learning the job and pleasant to work with. Learned how the robot system worked and how to fix the problem when it went wrong. Items were sealed in a sanitary package for hospital and doctor offices.
Good place to work - but could be great with some tweaks
IT function (Current Employee), Franklin Lakes, NJJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: great environment, beautiful campus, people are nice, lots of potential, challenging and interesting work
Cons: lack of full-time opportunities, too budget conscious, managers out of touch
I enjoyed working here, and wish I could stay permanently - but unfortunately, they rely on contractors to do the bulk of the work....and they hardly ever release headcount to make those contractors full-time employees - even though the departments where they work are extremely busy. They will rotate temps in the same position for years. Not sure why - but my guess is to look better to shareholders (less headcount=less cost). About 1/3 of the staff at it's world HQ are temps, contractors, or freelancers.

That aside, they offer a lot of perks to employees such as pension, gym onsite, bank on site, vendors onsite, coffee bar, game room, Weight Watchers at work, corporate discounts, and a lot more. They offer insurance too but I've heard the deductibles are high depending on what plan you choose.

This position allowed me to learn a lot of new skills and make some great contact, mainly because the people there are so nice. Co-workers are eager to help (at least in my area), and there were many places to collaborate and work on projects together. I did find that some of the management is old-school, and don't care much for new ways of doing things (ie web, social media, etc), and it takes forever to get a decision made. Also for a giant company, technology is outdated. Network is slow, and some of the software was really old....i.e. graphics department using Adobe CS3.

Also, it seems that this company has their eye so much on budgets and bottom line, they are failing to innovate and grow.
Project Scheduler/Database Analyst (Former Employee), New JerseyJanuary 19, 2015
Great cafeteria, and gym. Good leadership and programs for training.
Fast paced place to work
Production Operator III (Current Employee), Hunt Valley, MDJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: lunch tickets, quick hits, and other types of recognition for employees that go above and beyond their normal expectations.
Typical day consists of preparing product to be manufactured to the company's finished goods.
Hardest part of the job is extensive overtime.
Good environment for work.
Global Transportation Analyst (Former Employee), Franklin Lakes, NJJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: good people and very comfortable.
Cons: when it wasn't busy there was not a lot to do.
Typical workday started with creating shipments for the all the deliveries that were there.Figuring out what shipments could be dropped and making sure each shipment met shipping standards. Worked as a team to figure out the most efficient way to get out shipments.
I would rather not review my current company.
Technical Documentation Specialist (Current Employee), Sparks, MDJanuary 8, 2015
I've worked at Becton Dickinson for almost 6 years. I've learned invaluable information over these years and am grateful for the people whom I've met.

The hardest part of my job is the lack of communication from the top level (management) down (subordinates).
Productive work environment
Support Specialist II (Former Employee), Burlington, NCDecember 22, 2014
Pros: remote travel at times
Cons: change in work culture
Productive work environment
encouraged to grow politically
Work life balance
Senior Quality Engineer (Current Employee), Franklin Lakes, NJDecember 13, 2014
Good laid back company you have a good work life balance lot of knowledge, the campus in franklin lakes is great, the people are great to work with. the benefit and salary is pretty good

The benefits package was pretty generous. Besides the basics (medical, dental, etc.) tuition reimbursement, adoption help and pet insurance was available

10 years behind in technology systems. Poor/ department company culture. People are not forward thinking and have disjointed processes for quality and problem solving. Blame game is big with the company.
Quality and Production
operator/technical associate (Former Employee), Sumter, SCOctober 30, 2014
Pros: excel through learning
I and We became a team of coworkers and associates producing quality products for the world.
Good Medical Device Experience
Process Manager (Current Employee), Franklin LakesOctober 27, 2014
Pros: company values
Cons: some locations are far from ideal
Each business is like working for a completely different company. There is a lot of opportunity, if you are patient.
Great money... 12 Hours no rotating. Training needs improvement
Technical Associate (Former Employee), Sumter, SCOctober 12, 2014
Pros: money- climate control- money-bonuses
Cons: people- training- people
BD was a great place for money. They have great pay, and great bonuses on a quarterly basis, The best day was the day we decided it was time for me to go, It is a very stressful place and the training needs improvement, If they didnt make medical equipment the pay wouldnt be as great. It all comes down to a hospital charging you $100 for an aspirin. Facility is very clean, climate controlled. Management was great to me, understanding and easy to get along with on almost any issue. The problems are some of the lead people below management, they have alot of authority and could throw you under the bus for anything. Something you had nothing to do with could suddenly include your name. They have a fairly high turnover. I should have left long ago but its tough tot turn away from $50-$60K a year. My ADVICE---- GET A GREAT TRAINER!!!! Someone you feel a bond with...
Great Place, Leading to great life style.
Quality Control Lab Technician (Former Employee), Columbus NebrasakOctober 11, 2014
Pros: great benefits, great opportunities for advancement
Cons: nothing
Typical Day:Fast pace, multitasking required, always something new

Learning's: Great opportunity for grow, we all worked as a team and you learned from fellow co-workers.

Management / Co-Workers: We were all a team, production to upper management

Hardest Part Of My Job: Was leaving, but leaving for Florida to be closer to my family was a new chapter in my life.

Most enjoyable part of my job: Opportunity for growth.
Great Learning Environment
Buyer Ι (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 4, 2014
I work with a great group of people and find myself learning new things every single day. Being able to work with experienced coworkers makes me feel more confident in my professional career.
Contribute to helping all people live healthy lives
Customer Operations Management Representative (Current Employee), Sparks, MDSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Subject matter expert for BD diagnostic products, contributing to helping all people live healthy lives
Educate customers about BD diagnostic and medical infusion products
Educate diabetic consumers about BD diabetes products and collect demographic data
Train BD Sales Representatives for specific BD Diagnostic processes
FDA audit departmental lead
Provide continuous training and support to the North America Shared Service Center
WebConnect Administrator
Validation Engineer (Current Employee), Wilson, NCSeptember 8, 2014
Great company to work for. Atmosphere is positive. On a day to day basis, there are really great people to work with.
Harsh work enviroment
CSR I (Former Employee), San Antonio, TxAugust 25, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: everything else
Management is not interested in finding solutions to problems. Only the bottom line. Lots of favoritism in upper management. Lots of drama. Highly stressful enviroment
Excellent company cutting edge in helping the world
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Sparks, MDAugust 8, 2014
Becton and Dickinson are a good company but very demanding with extensive work hours.

1 2 3 4 5