Becton Dickinson & Company (BD)

Becton Dickinson & Company (BD) Employee Reviews

Great Plant to work for.
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee), Sumter SCJuly 25, 2015
This is a great company to work for. I am looking for other job opportunities to move up and advance myself and no jobs within the plant are available.
A very good company to work for.
International Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 24, 2015
BD is a very good company for work for. I enjoyed working as the International sales coordinator and assisting the overseas customers and distributors as well as working internally with al departments.
We do the right thing
Operator (Current Employee), PRJuly 3, 2015
Setup position: Operate production machinery and auxiliary equipment in accordance with written procedures. Performs set-ups, line clearance and equipment preventive maintenance and clean up. Maintain equipment in good working condition and clean. Perform routine trouble-shooting.
stale company dealing with a great nich
COMPLIANCE, RELIABILITY & DESIGN QA V&V Manager (Current Employee), Billerica, MAJuly 2, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: career opportunities
Limited opportunity for growth, unless you are willing to relocate to New Jersey. Benefits are great, company is doing relatively good in the market
Excelente oportunidad
Producción (Former Employee), San LorenzoJuly 1, 2015
Excelente lugar de empleo, mucha oportunidad para trabajar tiempo extra. Ambiente relajado, supervisores group leader siempre muy dispuestos a ayudar y aclarar dudas.
Corporate Director Project Management
Corporate Director of Project Management (Former Employee), Franklin Lakes, NJJune 30, 2015
At Becton Dickinson, I had the opportunity to run large and small projects to develop new medical devices, as well as projects for software development, supply chain, and SAP.
Good Job Work/Life Balance
Sr. Engineer, Quality (Current Employee), El Paso, TXJune 29, 2015
Our company, CareFusion just merged with BD this year. My feedback would mostly be based on my experience with CareFusion. Thus far, this company has allowed me to maintain good Job Work/Life Balance.
BD
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAJune 29, 2015
Pros: People, Culture, Manager
Cons: Temporary Assignment
A typical day at work involved working with management to ensure smooth closure of site by maintaining employee engagement. Completed site initiatives that were in place such as Health Assessments and Career Assistant Workshops through Lee Hecht Harrison. Processed payroll and managed leave of absences as well as Workman's Comp claims. Scheduled and conducted all exit interviews for site closure. Created group presentation for exiting employees to ensure a collective understanding of BD's severance package.
Management was a big help in my success in helping me understand BD's policies and procedures in a short period of time. Co-workers were great and easy to communicate and work with.
The position was under contract for only 6mths and it required immediate submersion into understanding BD's culture, benefits, policies and procedures.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the staff and exiting employees. Overall attitudes were great considering the site was closing.
Great company with many growth opportunities
Vice President, Service Solutions (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Leadership Development training
BD is a a great company with a lot of potential to grow due to the recent acquisition of CareFusion. The company is poised to expand its footprint in the medication management space.
Great place to work!
Continuous Improvement Lead-Supply Chain (Current Employee), Four Oaks, NCJune 26, 2015
Great Stable Environment that prmotes growth. You decide how you want to lead your career. Culture promotes team environment.
Good work enviroment
Production Operator (Former Employee), Hunt Valley, MDJune 26, 2015
Pros: Lunch room with cooks
Cons: Temporary job
A typical day at BD packing materials, working and a team setting. I learned how to fill out paper work which was the hardest part of job. As far a my co-workers by far the best people I've have ever worked with. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers and them putting a smile on my face.
one of the hardest, most rewarding and humbling jobs i've ever had
Rubber mill/batch off operator (Former Employee), Sumter, SCJune 25, 2015
Pros: good work team and supervision
Cons: rubber dept is uncomfortably hot.
I worked the rubber mill, the most dangerous job BD of Sumter has. You need to be on your game everyday you're there. Mill operator isn't for the faint of heart, but when you see how life saving equipment starts its life right there on the mill, it puts things in perspective.
great place to work for
Accounts Recievable Specialist (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 24, 2015
BD is a great place to work for, just not enough room to expand and be promoted.
I have learned a lot working here management needs some work to much favoritism
Sales/Account Management
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Mid AtlanticJune 24, 2015
Job was challenging but rewarding. Hands were often tied by actions you had no control over with pricing structures. Great compensation and good management lead me down a successful path.
Overview
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Franklin Lakes, NJJune 23, 2015
Pros: We have wonderful benefits here
Cons: The cost of healthcare is rising
A typical day at work here for me is never repeated twice. I have diverse responsibilities and work with a large team of individuals. I am fortunate that I enjoy working with and also learn things from often. I have expanded on my Corporate business knowledge and have accomplished getting familiar and working well with all of Senior Management and the Executive Assistants that support them. The hardest part of my job can be assembling all of Senior Management in a very short period of time for a meeting. Management is located internationally and it's a challenge but I do get it done.
medium to low stress
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 17, 2015
Cons: short breaks, not really experienced with call scoring, pay needs to be more for what is required of reps
currently on a temporary assignment through Robert Half and we are paid a lot less through Robert Half staffing agency and the reason the manager want to pay less than other agency because the pay as a temporary employee is more than what is being offered on a permanent basis.
Independent
Research and Development Intern (Former Employee), Franklin Lakes, NJJune 16, 2015
As an intern, I was working on an independent project. I wish I got to experience what it was like working with others in the company rather than focusing on my own work.
Noble Purpose
Manager, Operations (Former Employee), New JerseyJune 15, 2015
Great People, Good Benefits, Slow to change/move. Service is declining, workload creating turnover, CareFusion acquisition will drag BD down.
Excellent
Executive Assistant, Global Marketing (Former Employee), Sparks, MDJune 10, 2015
Excellent place to work. The work environment was comfortable and staff worked as a team. People were open to share ideals and make the work day pleasant.
Great place to work. Great salary and benefits. Work remotely.
Project Manager (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJune 9, 2015
Pros: Salary, Benefits, Management, Remote (Virtual Office)
Cons: Work/Life Balance
BD is a great place to work. The company is growing and there are lots of opportunities for growth. The salary is great and all of my colleagues are a pleasure to work with. Management is awesome and transparent in everything. They get it. Remote work is awesome but some travel is expected.
Work/Life balance is tough. Expect 60+ hour weeks.

1 2 3 4 5