Becton Dickinson & Company (BD) Employee Reviews

It was a different line of work for me but the experience help me to move on
Technical Assistant (Former Employee), Durham, NCAugust 25, 2015
Pros: taking care of your own machine, profit sharing
Cons: Management
Doing pm's on machine, getting SAP certifited, conducting inventory, and multitasking. Work with a lot of helpful people and pleasant co- workers. My only problem was supervisor's constantly changing no structure.
A global company undergoing major changes
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Franklin Lakes, NJAugust 19, 2015
A global company undergoing major changes. The company has many very nice people and was generally a nice place to work.
Material Handler
Material Handler (Former Employee), Holdrege, NEAugust 18, 2015
Pros: pay, benefits, people
Cons: 12hr shifts
The work environment was good and the people treat you like family. The pay and benefits are great. Lots of room for advancement. Never had a problem with management.
In charge of Stereolithography machines.
Senior Stereolithography Operator and Technician (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCAugust 17, 2015
Managed, scheduled, and executed actions to build customer requested prototype parts. Assisted in finishing of parts builds, shipping and final customer billing practices.
Over worked and room for advancment.
Production Associate (Former Employee), SCAugust 15, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: short breaks and no room for advancement
Management could use an overhaul. 12 hour work days leave no room for a life. And some co- workers can be trusted as far as you can throw them.
Do audit everything before start the packaging of 3rd party productions.
Group Leader - QA Dept (Former Employee), FairField NJAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Reconised my coworkers timely for their hard work with do it award
Cons: Create friendly atmosphere in work place to get more productivities.
Always do GMP audit every hour to avoid OOS and help my co workers to finish their work without any mistake.

Be friendly with them and get reward from them in peer review.

Got promotion within few months with my hard work and honesty.
Good Company, Plants depend on Managment
Process Automation Engineer (Current Employee), PRAugust 5, 2015
A typical day of work is of at least 10 to 12 hours. The balance of life vs work tend to go more to work rather than family (remember this depend on the plant you work).. Management at global level is top of the line, but it may varies from plant to plant.
BD - Involved in all things medical
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE MGT (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Free lunch for mandatory overtime
Cons: Short little 10 minute breaks
Very enduring company been around for almost 200 years - advanced medical participant. The company seems to be pretty antiquated in the way their computer systems, IT, etc goes but they are light years advanced in their medical studies, equipment, medical practices and equipment.
Great Company
Supportive Co-workers
Culture of Empowerment
Great Plant to work for.
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee), Sumter SCJuly 25, 2015
This is a great company to work for. I am looking for other job opportunities to move up and advance myself and no jobs within the plant are available.
A very good company to work for.
International Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 24, 2015
BD is a very good company for work for. I enjoyed working as the International sales coordinator and assisting the overseas customers and distributors as well as working internally with al departments.
We do the right thing
Operator (Current Employee), PRJuly 3, 2015
Setup position: Operate production machinery and auxiliary equipment in accordance with written procedures. Performs set-ups, line clearance and equipment preventive maintenance and clean up. Maintain equipment in good working condition and clean. Perform routine trouble-shooting.
stale company dealing with a great nich
COMPLIANCE, RELIABILITY & DESIGN QA V&V Manager (Current Employee), Billerica, MAJuly 2, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: career opportunities
Limited opportunity for growth, unless you are willing to relocate to New Jersey. Benefits are great, company is doing relatively good in the market
Excelente oportunidad
Producción (Former Employee), San LorenzoJuly 1, 2015
Excelente lugar de empleo, mucha oportunidad para trabajar tiempo extra. Ambiente relajado, supervisores group leader siempre muy dispuestos a ayudar y aclarar dudas.
Corporate Director Project Management
Corporate Director of Project Management (Former Employee), Franklin Lakes, NJJune 30, 2015
At Becton Dickinson, I had the opportunity to run large and small projects to develop new medical devices, as well as projects for software development, supply chain, and SAP.
Good Job Work/Life Balance
Sr. Engineer, Quality (Current Employee), El Paso, TXJune 29, 2015
Our company, CareFusion just merged with BD this year. My feedback would mostly be based on my experience with CareFusion. Thus far, this company has allowed me to maintain good Job Work/Life Balance.
BD
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAJune 29, 2015
Pros: People, Culture, Manager
Cons: Temporary Assignment
A typical day at work involved working with management to ensure smooth closure of site by maintaining employee engagement. Completed site initiatives that were in place such as Health Assessments and Career Assistant Workshops through Lee Hecht Harrison. Processed payroll and managed leave of absences as well as Workman's Comp claims. Scheduled and conducted all exit interviews for site closure. Created group presentation for exiting employees to ensure a collective understanding of BD's severance package.
Management was a big help in my success in helping me understand BD's policies and procedures in a short period of time. Co-workers were great and easy to communicate and work with.
The position was under contract for only 6mths and it required immediate submersion into understanding BD's culture, benefits, policies and procedures.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the staff and exiting employees. Overall attitudes were great considering the site was closing.
Great company with many growth opportunities
Vice President, Service Solutions (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Leadership Development training
BD is a a great company with a lot of potential to grow due to the recent acquisition of CareFusion. The company is poised to expand its footprint in the medication management space.
Great place to work!
Continuous Improvement Lead-Supply Chain (Current Employee), Four Oaks, NCJune 26, 2015
Great Stable Environment that prmotes growth. You decide how you want to lead your career. Culture promotes team environment.
Good work enviroment
Production Operator (Former Employee), Hunt Valley, MDJune 26, 2015
Pros: Lunch room with cooks
Cons: Temporary job
A typical day at BD packing materials, working and a team setting. I learned how to fill out paper work which was the hardest part of job. As far a my co-workers by far the best people I've have ever worked with. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers and them putting a smile on my face.