Becton Dickinson & Company (BD) Employee Reviews

one of the hardest, most rewarding and humbling jobs i've ever had
Rubber mill/batch off operator (Former Employee), Sumter, SCJune 25, 2015
Pros: good work team and supervision
Cons: rubber dept is uncomfortably hot.
I worked the rubber mill, the most dangerous job BD of Sumter has. You need to be on your game everyday you're there. Mill operator isn't for the faint of heart, but when you see how life saving equipment starts its life right there on the mill, it puts things in perspective.
great place to work for
Accounts Recievable Specialist (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 24, 2015
BD is a great place to work for, just not enough room to expand and be promoted.
I have learned a lot working here management needs some work to much favoritism
Sales/Account Management
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Mid AtlanticJune 24, 2015
Job was challenging but rewarding. Hands were often tied by actions you had no control over with pricing structures. Great compensation and good management lead me down a successful path.
Overview
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Franklin Lakes, NJJune 23, 2015
Pros: We have wonderful benefits here
Cons: The cost of healthcare is rising
A typical day at work here for me is never repeated twice. I have diverse responsibilities and work with a large team of individuals. I am fortunate that I enjoy working with and also learn things from often. I have expanded on my Corporate business knowledge and have accomplished getting familiar and working well with all of Senior Management and the Executive Assistants that support them. The hardest part of my job can be assembling all of Senior Management in a very short period of time for a meeting. Management is located internationally and it's a challenge but I do get it done.
medium to low stress
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 17, 2015
Cons: short breaks, not really experienced with call scoring, pay needs to be more for what is required of reps
currently on a temporary assignment through Robert Half and we are paid a lot less through Robert Half staffing agency and the reason the manager want to pay less than other agency because the pay as a temporary employee is more than what is being offered on a permanent basis.
Independent
Research and Development Intern (Former Employee), Franklin Lakes, NJJune 16, 2015
As an intern, I was working on an independent project. I wish I got to experience what it was like working with others in the company rather than focusing on my own work.
Noble Purpose
Manager, Operations (Former Employee), New JerseyJune 15, 2015
Great People, Good Benefits, Slow to change/move. Service is declining, workload creating turnover, CareFusion acquisition will drag BD down.
Excellent
Executive Assistant, Global Marketing (Former Employee), Sparks, MDJune 10, 2015
Excellent place to work. The work environment was comfortable and staff worked as a team. People were open to share ideals and make the work day pleasant.
Great place to work. Great salary and benefits. Work remotely.
Project Manager (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJune 9, 2015
Pros: Salary, Benefits, Management, Remote (Virtual Office)
Cons: Work/Life Balance
BD is a great place to work. The company is growing and there are lots of opportunities for growth. The salary is great and all of my colleagues are a pleasure to work with. Management is awesome and transparent in everything. They get it. Remote work is awesome but some travel is expected.
Work/Life balance is tough. Expect 60+ hour weeks.
Amazing and friendly upper management
Quality Control Assistant (Former Employee), Canaan, CTJune 1, 2015
Pros: Excellent co-workers and management, good training for all positions
Cons: Loud work environment, hot areas of plant, somewhat boring
Performed quality control in a temporary position. The work was very tedious but my coworkers and the management were funny, friendly and helpful.
Advancement opportunities to lower level management available, great benefits packages including continuing education.
Sr Quality Engineer, Label Control Supervisor (Current Employee), Cockeysville, MDMay 30, 2015
Pros: advancement opportunities, benefits
Cons: no upper management advancement opportunities
Opportunities were provided to learn various areas of the business. Gained great experience as a Process Technologist to develop knowledge of manufacturing, filling line equipment and Aseptic processing. As Quality Engineer, I have increased my knowledge of regulatory requirements and developed competency with risk assessment, non-conformance investigations, complaint handling, audit responses for customers and regulatory agencies, and change management. As Label Control Supervisor, I have restructured the department to accommodate expanded product offerings by adding headcount and labeling equipment.
Lot's of Driving
Technical Team Member/Line Technician (Former Employee), Roxboro, NCMay 16, 2015
Pros: New experiences
Cons: Long hours
This is a good company to work for they really take care of your needs. The co-workers are very helpful in the time of need.
A clean work place, plenty of overtime if needed.
Production Associate (Former Employee), Sumter, SCMay 14, 2015
A company that manufacture needles, clean and great benefits. If someone is in need of extra monies, there is plenty of overtime.
Despair incuding job enviroment but with excellent pay.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Canaan, CTMay 11, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Short breaks, Bad hours, bad management
The job was hard, the hours sucked (We were often stuck with "Mandatory Overtime" which sometimes meant working 7 days a week) and the management was incompetent. Getting vacation time is practically impossible as it's YOUR responsibility to find people to cover for you. The only upside is that the company pays extremely well.
Medical Administration Specialist
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Franklin Lakes, NJMay 3, 2015
Acute care medical administration specialist calling on all departments in the hospital. Provide evidence based tools for facilities to adopt/choose the correct products that reduce healthcare infections, stream line patient care, and increase patient outcomes
Great cafeteria
Consulting (Former Employee), Franklin LakesApril 22, 2015
Never saw such diversity and so many healthy choices in the food! I wish they let consultants use the gym, given the great food.
BD is a great place to work
Microbiology Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Canaan, CTApril 20, 2015
BD pays its workers well. As long as you are a good worker, they take care of you. The job may be difficult. BD has very high quality standards, which is important since they produce sterile needles and syringes for patients.
Work hard in medical device company - reward is knowing you are making a contribution to improving people's lives.
Production Manager (Current Employee), CAApril 14, 2015
As a Manager at BD, you work with many different types of cultures and people with great ideas. Working for a company that makes many different instruments that contributes to improving peoples lives.
Challenging Future
Manager (Current Employee), New JerseyApril 12, 2015
BD has been a great place to work, but the acquisition of CareFusion will challenge us. Change is NOT something BD is good at. Survival in the future is dependent on major change at the speed of light, not the speed of the purple and orange turtle.
Terrible place to work.
Project Engineer (Current Employee), Broken Bow, NEApril 4, 2015
This location is run by floor associates and not by true leadership. You are held to incomprehensible deadlines not set by you but by managers that think when the projects should done. 5 Million dollar projects are not accomplished in 3 months!