Becton Dickinson & Company (BD)

Becton Dickinson & Company (BD) Employer Reviews

Decent job trying to solve micobiology related problems
Technical Services Representative (associate) (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 5, 2012
At BD, I was a technical services representative. A typical day would be spent answering phone calls and emails (requests for information, troubleshooting, filing complaints and closing complaints). I was complaint focus lead for the ID/Susceptibility platform. So I had meetings and reports related to that.
I learned how to relate to people better. – more... Sometimes people just want to be heard and feel that their problems are taken seriously.
The first 4.5 years, management was was great. The last year and 1/2, there was a drastic change in management in my department.
The overwheming majority of co-workers were wonderful and real team players. The hardest part was having a customer who was still not satisfied with any solutions that could be offered to solve a problem. I enjoyed talking to customers about microbiology and training people. – less
Management needs to change.
EMT (Former Employee), Holdrege NEOctober 26, 2012
Pros: good people on the floor
Cons: management, favoritism, no communication, politics, no trust
Keep machines running a improve the process, keep mouth shut and don't suggest anything and just do your job. No trust in Management or support. Trying to keep positive without any support from management. Three o'clock. Was a good place to work, went down hill in the last 3 years........
response to economy woes has changed the culture and caused some concern for longterm success of cost saving initiatives
operations manager (Former Employee), Franklin Lakes, NJOctober 23, 2012
Pros: great people, good benefits and facilities
Cons: when cuts are made for political gain it strips loyalty and makes it 'just a job'
current global health economic woes have caused an even more stringent cost culture. understandable, but be careful that cost decisions are made after appropriate analysis, and not based solely on short term goals.
Working as a temp at Becton Dickinson
Production Operator (Temp) (Former Employee), Hunt Valley,MDOctober 15, 2012
Pros: guaranteed overtime
Cons: management
A typical day of work at Becton Dickinson consisted of pulling samples,packing,assembly,filling out paper work, staging pallets, and sometimes helping prep media for medical testing tubes. I've learned how to pack out medical vials in a safe and efficient manner. I also learned how to use a torquing machine and work inside of a glove box. The management – more... in the department that I worked in was very unprofessional,if I could of switched departments i most definitely would have. My co-workers were pretty okay, great team players. I didn't find the job hard at all, it was fairly easy once you got the paper work down. The most enjoyable part of that job was the overtime. – less
Highly technical and a challenging place to work
Technical Associate (Former Employee), Sumter, SCOctober 2, 2012
Pros: the people and the challenge
Cons: time off
1. A 3-2-2-3 work schedule from 8pm to 8am. 2. I lean mostly technical information and technique setup, troubleshooting, changeover and repairs. 3.Management was good sometime a little differcult. 4. A great group of people to work with. 5. Finding new ways of having a better quality production run. 6. The same as number 5
Innovation-geared environment
Dir Market Development (Current Employee), NJOctober 2, 2012
Understanding global trends on drug delivery system and how to realign organizational imperatives to respond to these trends.
Good place to start career
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee), Sparks, MDSeptember 9, 2012
Great cross function opportunities, provides high-level customer service
Protein Purification Scientist (Former Employee), Hunt Valley, MDAugust 28, 2012
Pros: good salary
I worked with Becton Dickinson for 17 years as Antibody Purification Scientist. I had a good experience until my department closed. BD is a good company.
Nice Working Culture
FI/CO Consultant (Former Employee), Franklin Lakes, NJAugust 25, 2012
Working on Contract so No benefits for me but Overall is Good.
BD - Worldwide Procurement
Procurement working bee (Former Employee), Franklin LakesJuly 31, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: sr. procurement leadership!!!
My advise is STAY CLEAR. Sr Management does not care for their people ( the ones doing the work). NO TRAINING!!! NO SUPPORT by Directors. It is a burn and churn environment!!! Be warned!!!!

aCurrentEmployee – December 27, 2012

I am looking to get the hell out of here, ASAP!!!!

aCurrentEmployee – February 23, 2013

Yes - keep out of this place.

Great Company, great people, great products, great values
MANUFACTURING MANAGER (Former Employee), Ciudad de México, DIFJuly 29, 2012
Pros: nice competitive work environment, and growth opportunities
Competitive workplace environment, High technology manufacturing approach, great continuous improvement mindset. strong & efficient corporate support, and high commitment to customer's needs.
Gym, ATM, Cafeteria
Customer Service Representative & Supervisor (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 21, 2012
Pros: cafeteria, gym, atm
Cons: frequently moving the department to different areas within the company.
Processing orders via the phone or net.
Learned that anything is possible if you work hard and respect the people you work with.
My associates were warm happy people.
I enjoyed the everyday interaction with my associates and the customers. Always willing to share my assistance and knowledge.
Productive work place with cafe
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Wilson, NCJune 27, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work will include completing maintenance work orders that were created using SAP.
I learned how to use Microsoft Office 2010 Software
Good Management Team
Excellent Co-Workers
Hardest part of the job is working shutdowns
Most enjoyable part of the job is working with the co-workers
Productive working environment; walking trails promote healthy lifestyles
Quality Assurance Associate- (QA Documentation) (Current Employee), Durham, NCJune 19, 2012
There is constant team work and a willingness to assist when needed
Great work environment
Principal Engineer (Former Employee), Franklin Lakes, NJMay 30, 2012
Challenging work environment where a person can use his/her skills to perform and be rewarded.
Fast pace enviroment with complex cost accounting structure
Cost Analyst/Accountant (Current Employee), San LorenzoMay 19, 2012
Pros: exposure to a variety of complex functions
Cons: temporary contract
BD is a company that offers regular employees with a competitive salary and compensation package. Professional growth is allways stimulated by internal courses.
High morals and good benefits
[EXECUTIVE] ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAMay 8, 2012
I worked at BD for almost 13 years before the Oceanside office was closed and manufacturing outsourced to Juarez Mexico. I thoroughly enjoyed my job and the wonderful people with whom I was fortunate to work.
Great place to work!
Master Scheduler/Senior Planner (Former Employee), Franklin Lakes, NJApril 30, 2012
Pros: socially responsible, nurturing, professional development, benefits
I have been out of BD for a while, but do speak to those who are still there. It continues to be a nurturing, socially responsible world class professional employer. I would love the opportunity to return to the BD community!
Overall a great company
Associate (Current Employee), Sumter SCApril 12, 2012
Pros: good people to work with. good pay and benefits
Cons: too much change and not enough communication
BD is overall a good company to work for. Especially the plant in South Carolina. Great people that care about what they do. The company has gone thru a lot of changes lately and it has created a lot of stress and uncertainty. Not much communication on what the final result is supposed to look like for the whole corporation. But they treat the employees – more... good. I've had a lot of opportunities and learned a lot. If you want to make a difference you can. I hope I retire from BD. – less
It is great working in a field based position and traveling to different accounts.
Clinical Field Splst/ On Call Clin. Splst (Current Employee), FieldApril 12, 2012
My sales team and RBM are all great to work with. I especially enjoy being in hospitals where staff members are having difficulty with a product, and I am able to turn them around to "loving" it. I think that the hardest part of the my job is finding out on a Friday after "business hours" where I am flying to on Monday morning and being gone for the – more... entire week. Lots of planning for very little turn around time. – less