Becton Dickinson & Company (BD)

Becton Dickinson & Company (BD) Employer Reviews

workplace on medical devices
Cayey, P.R. (Producción) (Former Employee), Cayey, P.R.April 28, 2013
worked Thursday, Friday, Saturday and sunday. work in inspection of the preduction, documentation and filling area.
A great place to learn
Communications Specialist (Current Employee), New JerseyApril 16, 2013
Mobility here is viable and you can learn alot. The company has been in business a very long time and knows how to treat their employees.
inspections
FINAL INSPECTOR (Former Employee), Columbus, NEApril 15, 2013
Pros: paid for taking lunches, overtime unlimited
Cons: working weekends, working holidays, vacation
A typical day at work is we are assigned a line(s), start doing inspections from the packaging, to inspections of the needles and caps. Documenting each inspection onto the correct document.
I learned more about the health products that we create, and the FDA policies.
Management is very friendly, easy to talk to, and always checking to make sure that – more... we are satisfied.
Co workers easy to work with, easy to talk to, willing to help when asking a question.
Hardest part of job- knowing different defects, knowing how to write a quality notifacation. – less
Too Matrixed of an Organization for My Taste
Marketing Manager - Hypodermic, Medical Surgical (Current Employee), Franklin Lakes, NJApril 11, 2013
Pros: nice people
Cons: bureacratic, slow, most commoditized product lines
Good overall place to work as most people are very nice and pleasant to work with. Company does try to treat their employees right. Like most other old manufacturing focused firms - they are slow to react!
excellent company values and culture
Engineering/Maintenance Manager/Safety Coordinator (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 11, 2013
Good employer to grow and mature with and very well respected.
No integrity at this company
Complaint Coordinator (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 2, 2013
If you are looking to sell our soul this is the company for you
Over all a great place to work, however, since of urgency and and integrity does not fit the company model.
Under the direction of the Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 11, 2013
Pros: outstanding support of charities, employee recognition, and project management.
Cons: terrible displays of leadership. blatant show of favoritism
I was aquired as a Customer Complaint Coordinator in a lift and shift transition in which San Antonio was to become the hub of complaint resolution. Complaints were to come from the four major busineeses that compose BD and arrive from varies areas throughout the US. Although the importance of knowledge capture was strongly iterated over and over by – more... the project managers, the managers of the departments that were to supply the knowledge allowed personnel that knew the process to depart the organization before the knowledge was captured. It was a very confusing and stressful process. There was a constant power struggle between project managers and department heads.

I am a disabled veteran and although I type very well I have an involuntary twitch in my right hand that prevents speed. I made this information available to the Regional Director and was told that I would be utilized as a product specialist. Two days later a manager wanted to make me a data entry specialist. Managers were continously out of sync with the process and not working together at all.

Managers were always stressing the importance of getting things accomplished in a timely manner while very complacement in providng the necessary tools and information needed to provide positive results. The since of urgency did not fit the effort. There were also blatant instaces of favoritism. – less
EEOC violations
TALENT ACQUISITION PARTNER (Former Employee), Franklin Lakes, NJFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: reputation
Cons: fly by the seat of their pants hr department
Strong in the syringe business but do not follow EEOC guidelines at all.
Fantastic workplace.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Franklin Lakes, NJ 07417February 21, 2013
Pros: you feel like you are part of something big - the world's healthcare needs.
Cons: none!
Welcomed daily by people who appreciate a job well-done; training is provided whenever new software is introduced; great benefits.
Excellent environment great learning experience
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Franklin Lakes, NJFebruary 8, 2013
Everyone at BD is awesome It like a great family we are always learning from each other unfortunately I was a contractor and the duration for contract is one year.
Years wasted in Technical Support Center, Sparks MD
Technical Support and Contact Center (Current Employee), Sparks, MDFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: great pay and compensation
Cons: long work hours that are never compensated for, no work life balence, no true leadership. new hires are clearly a bad choice.
Probably the worst place I have ever worked at. No focus on goals that were achievable. No team building, purely about the numbers and not the customer. Managers were top heavy and gave impossible goals. Director is just about making this another stepping stone. HR woman is clearly supporting the company and never the team. There was a mass exodus when – more... the new director came and clearly showed a downfall in this department.

I wish I could say more, it is just a bad place to work. After visiting other BD locations, I would say that this environment is unique, perhaps it has been forgotten by the CEO and his team. – less
Great people and beautiful offices
Rebate Team Leader/Business Process Analyst (Former Employee), Franklin Lakes, NJFebruary 4, 2013
Great place to work and good mangement. Large amount of employees, good benefits, and amentities.
Great Working Culture
Marketing Manager, Cell Culture Environments (Current Employee), Cockeysville, MDJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: great co-workers and managers who genuinely care about you and your career
Cons: dark building without windows, recent change in work responsibilities
I loved my MBA internship experience at BD. My manager was a great mentor and the work environment in Franklin Lakes was inviting. I had a lot of autonomy in my work and enjoyed exploring new technologies and opportunities.

The most difficult part of my job was getting work done while traveling.

During my time at BD I've learned a lot of business – more... development, portfolio management and product lifecycle management. – less
Great work place
Industrial Engineer (Former Employee), Cayey, PRJanuary 27, 2013
Medical devices company where you have the opportunity to expand your knowledge. Stress free workplace where everybody supports each other.
N/A
Quality Associate (Former Employee), Durham, NCJanuary 22, 2013
I really enjoyed working with this company...great company!!
Productive and fast paced
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Franklin Lakes, NJJanuary 15, 2013
Learned a lot and had fun working there;
Need to build relationships before working in the team;
A LOT of meetings
health and safety is important to the entire plant.
Production Associate (Former Employee), Sumter, SCJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: perfect attendance dinners, t-shirts..bd bucks for cafeteria.
Cons: very few cons..can't think of any
Good place to work..caring management and HR people. Supervisors are knowledgeable and willing to help.
Interesting and stimulating work
Production Operator IV (Former Employee), Hunt Valley, MDJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: enjoyed 11 years of stability.
Cons: no longer employed.
I enjoyed Working for BD. It provided an atmosphere that welcomed change and growth.
Corporate Risk - Administrative Assistant
Part-Time Admin Asst, Corporate Risk Management (Former Employee), Franklin Lakes, NJJanuary 13, 2013
Pros: benefits, good commute
Cons: got laid off - reorganizing company
management of directors' calendars
assist with insurance renewal and data gathering
process invoices and expense reports
electronic and paper organization of files
assist in administrative pool

learned more about the risk management process and worker's compensation and insurance programs needed for a large corporation

I enjoyed having departmental – more... meeting to catch up on departmental needs and processes – less
terrible management, no respect for employees. overall a not so great place to work!!
ISM/PRL operator (Former Employee), BD Medical Columbus NEJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: politics, favortism, lack of respect for workers
I was employed at BD Medical for 6 years and hated every minute of it. Their core values are a joke. We (the employees) used to say that yes BD is helping all people live healthy lives unless you are employed by them, then you don't mater. That's what it boiled down to, we didn't mater unless we were at our machines cranking out the product. There is – more... no work/life balance. If you have kids expect not to spend time with them. It was almost impossible to stay home with a sick kid. We were told on a regular basis to schedule appointments on our days off, which we tried to do, but they would schedule mandatory overtime and didn't care if you had prior engagements. It was your job to find the coverage. All in all management is bad and they treat people like slaves. I am glad I left and glad I never have to go back – less