Becton Dickinson & Company

Becton Dickinson & Company Employee Reviews

Productive and enjoyable place to work
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJApril 6, 2016
Productive and enjoyable place to work. Great Corporate culture and work life balance with management that is fair. Very good benefits and still has a pension plan. Encourages movement and promotion of jobs
Pros
Gym and health center onsite
After working here you'll be ready to train in the UFC
Medical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 24, 2016
This company continues to try to change and in doing so you're hit with new company additions (not product innovation), new management, new administrative tasks (sales inhibitors), layoffs, until you are beat into submission of accepting lower compensation and grinding it out for the "big win".
Dynamic, Fast paced
Warehouse Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Broken Bow, NEMarch 30, 2016
BD provided me with a wealth of knowledge to set myself up for a entry level job into the workforce. The promote within attitude and work environment allowed me to promote ahead of peers and obtain a supervisor position very fast.
Pros
Promotion
Cons
No longer exists, but was assimilated into BD Bioscience, I think. Good products made and had dependible manufacturing processes.
Senior Biochemist (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJuly 14, 2015
BDMS was a good place to work. It had family events and allowed family members to tour where "Mom & Dad" worked. Pay was competitive for East Coast and health benefits were good. Coming straight out of grad school, they paid my first month's rent and put me up in temporary housing for a month, allowing me to get on my feet. Company had box seats at Oriole games and gave employees opportunities to go for free. I loved working there in the Baltimore-Washington DC corridor!
Pros
Considerate HR group, management that understood people's needs at different times in their career, pretty good pay, good health benefits.
Cons
Had several BD groups in the area, but not close enough to collaborate without driving.
A great place to work
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJDecember 17, 2015
BD was a great place to work. The culture and employee benefits are wonderful. Senior management is really good with communication to all employees.
Bd
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJune 29, 2015
A typical day at work involved working with management to ensure smooth closure of site by maintaining employee engagement. Completed site initiatives that were in place such as Health Assessments and Career Assistant Workshops through Lee Hecht Harrison. Processed payroll and managed leave of absences as well as Workman's Comp claims. Scheduled and conducted all exit interviews for site closure. Created group presentation for exiting employees to ensure a collective understanding of BD's severance package.
Management was a big help in my success in helping me understand BD's policies and procedures in a short period of time. Co-workers were great and easy to communicate and work with.
The position was under contract for only 6mths and it required immediate submersion into understanding BD's culture, benefits, policies and procedures.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the staff and exiting employees. Overall attitudes were great considering the site was closing.
Pros
People, Culture, Manager
Cons
Temporary Assignment
Awesome company and corporate environment
Developer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 27, 2016
Working at BD during their transition period and merger with Care Fusion was very interesting and for the most part a great learning and growing experience. As with any corporate mergers transitioning people and processes takes time and can be challenging and political posturing and shared consensus on what is best . They are on the right track and once things are decided upon a systems and commonality platform processes should fall in line .
Pros
On site cafeteria, enaging work, health care leader
Cons
There are none
If you like to take credit for others or are an external candidate it's great
Implementation Analyst (Former Employee) –  FieldSeptember 30, 2016
The harder you work the more likely someone will take credit or set you up. It's those people who get promoted. External hires for all promotable positions instead of internal candidates is the way they like it. Unskilled external folks who need to be trained by tenured employees who are organizationally under them.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Lack of direction, lack of internal promotion, zero work life balance.
good place for career advancement
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJOctober 5, 2015
Work load is high but you have access to great number of latest technology. You can advance your career when you have access to many technologies. Since this is a global company, you will end up working off hours to meet deadlines. The communication between management and workers need to improve . We always hear changes from word of mouth. By the time they announce, the news is already old. The people are nice to work for. Hardest was to meet deadlines when the company was down sizing
Pros
career advancement
Cons
work/family life balance is difficult
Advancement opportunities to lower level management available, great benefits packages including continuing education.
Sr Quality Engineer, Label Control Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cockeysville, MDMay 30, 2015
Opportunities were provided to learn various areas of the business. Gained great experience as a Process Technologist to develop knowledge of manufacturing, filling line equipment and Aseptic processing. As Quality Engineer, I have increased my knowledge of regulatory requirements and developed competency with risk assessment, non-conformance investigations, complaint handling, audit responses for customers and regulatory agencies, and change management. As Label Control Supervisor, I have restructured the department to accommodate expanded product offerings by adding headcount and labeling equipment.
Pros
advancement opportunities, benefits
Cons
no upper management advancement opportunities
good job
Mold Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NEJanuary 6, 2016
Left only because my dad was sick and I wanted to be with him before he passed. Plenty of room for advancement in a team atmosphere with great benefits and wages.
Great Place To Work
Material Handler I (contract employee) (Current Employee) –  Sparks, MD 21152July 18, 2016
Management is fair and level headed. Lots of opportunity for advancement. Full time employees have excellent benefits, 99% of co-workers seem happy and easy going; they are very easy to work with. I am eager to get hired full time and spend my last ten years of employment (or more) here before I retire.
Pros
great working conditions
Cons
none that I can think of
Great Place to Work
Forming Operator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, NEJune 29, 2015
I have been at Becton Dickinson for about three years now and I personally think it is a great place to work. They have excellent benefits as well as each position available pays quite well. The management treats you good and with degrees or technical experience an individual has a chance to move up with the company. You have to put in your time and show that you are a good worker in order to be considered for a higher job or management level though.
Pros
Great Pay, Great Benefits
Cons
You work hard and sometimes stressful.
Great place to work.
QA II- Inspect incoming and finished goods. (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCMarch 12, 2016
Great place to work. Managers have open door policy. Can be stressful at times. Good teamwork. Great co-workers. Benefits are great, good vacation time, sick time and good insurance.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
I drive 70 miles one way to work, 140 mile round trip
Exciting and dynamic workplace
VALIDATION ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Grayson, GA.June 1, 2016
This company always has an interest in its employees, as demonstrated by special luncheon events, ice cream breaks and company parties/picnics. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction between co-workers. The most difficult part of the job was the limited accessibility for promotion.
Pros
Free lunches occasionally & ice cream breaks; Company picnic
Cons
Little opportunity for advancement
Working with the line is fun and enjoyable.
Medical Line Assembler (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 28, 2016
I love my work as a Medical Line Assembler. There's teamwork to reach the daily goal and we have a happy, hardworking group. The work area is comfortable and the company provide all the materials that we need. My lead/supervisor is very helpful.. I have gained knowledge working with this companyand I am so grateful for.
Productive work place
Regulatory Compliance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Las Piedras, Puerto RicoMarch 26, 2016
Ensure that BD Las Piedras has implemented all applicable regulations. The Regulatory Compliance Administrator is the facility expert on ISO and QSR regulations.
Participates and supports QA Manager during FDA/ISO/External Audits.
Oversees the CAPA program. Ensures that CAPA’s are performed to SOP’s, timely and meeting all regulatory requirements. Participates in applicable CAPA weekly meetings with owners. Assists in developing corrective actions and implementation plans, if necessary.
Pros
updated trainings all the time
Manufacturing
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 21, 2016
I Manufactured surgical drapes and post surgical opthalmic lens covers. Qaulity was very important here all products were made in accordance to very specific procedures. The management team was very good here and I was sorry to lose the job when they relocated to another state.
Great peers and colleagues to work with
Not Applicable (Current Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJMay 26, 2016
Peers and colleagues are great to work with. Management too often stressed and burdened subordinates with same stress. Unprofessional management and need better defined roles on do's and don'ts of management. ie: management does not gossip or whine to subordinates
Pros
Flexibility on start and leave times or working remotely
Cons
Wrong management in place
Unfair Place To Work !!! Bubby System in Place.
technical support (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCNovember 15, 2015
Racist, No room for advancement unless you in their buddy system. Cut - throat workers that's buddies with management. Workers are scared to speak out fearing they will get fired.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, CUT- Throat

Becton Dickinson & Company Reviews by Location