Becton Dickinson & Company

Becton Dickinson & Company Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and enjoyable place to work
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJApril 6, 2016
Productive and enjoyable place to work. Great Corporate culture and work life balance with management that is fair. Very good benefits and still has a pension plan. Encourages movement and promotion of jobs
Pros
Gym and health center onsite
After working here you'll be ready to train in the UFC
Medical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 24, 2016
This company continues to try to change and in doing so you're hit with new company additions (not product innovation), new management, new administrative tasks (sales inhibitors), layoffs, until you are beat into submission of accepting lower compensation and grinding it out for the "big win".
Dynamic, Fast paced
Warehouse Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Broken Bow, NEMarch 30, 2016
BD provided me with a wealth of knowledge to set myself up for a entry level job into the workforce. The promote within attitude and work environment allowed me to promote ahead of peers and obtain a supervisor position very fast.
Pros
Promotion
Cons
No longer exists, but was assimilated into BD Bioscience, I think. Good products made and had dependible manufacturing processes.
Senior Biochemist (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJuly 14, 2015
BDMS was a good place to work. It had family events and allowed family members to tour where "Mom & Dad" worked. Pay was competitive for East Coast and health benefits were good. Coming straight out of grad school, they paid my first month's rent and put me up in temporary housing for a month, allowing me to get on my feet. Company had box seats at Oriole games and gave employees opportunities to go for free. I loved working there in the Baltimore-Washington DC corridor!
Pros
Considerate HR group, management that understood people's needs at different times in their career, pretty good pay, good health benefits.
Cons
Had several BD groups in the area, but not close enough to collaborate without driving.
A great place to work
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJDecember 17, 2015
BD was a great place to work. The culture and employee benefits are wonderful. Senior management is really good with communication to all employees.
Bd
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJune 29, 2015
A typical day at work involved working with management to ensure smooth closure of site by maintaining employee engagement. Completed site initiatives that were in place such as Health Assessments and Career Assistant Workshops through Lee Hecht Harrison. Processed payroll and managed leave of absences as well as Workman's Comp claims. Scheduled and conducted all exit interviews for site closure. Created group presentation for exiting employees to ensure a collective understanding of BD's severance package.
Management was a big help in my success in helping me understand BD's policies and procedures in a short period of time. Co-workers were great and easy to communicate and work with.
The position was under contract for only 6mths and it required immediate submersion into understanding BD's culture, benefits, policies and procedures.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the staff and exiting employees. Overall attitudes were great considering the site was closing.
Pros
People, Culture, Manager
Cons
Temporary Assignment
good place for career advancement
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJOctober 5, 2015
Work load is high but you have access to great number of latest technology. You can advance your career when you have access to many technologies. Since this is a global company, you will end up working off hours to meet deadlines. The communication between management and workers need to improve . We always hear changes from word of mouth. By the time they announce, the news is already old. The people are nice to work for. Hardest was to meet deadlines when the company was down sizing
Pros
career advancement
Cons
work/family life balance is difficult
good job
Mold Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NEJanuary 6, 2016
Left only because my dad was sick and I wanted to be with him before he passed. Plenty of room for advancement in a team atmosphere with great benefits and wages.
Advancement opportunities to lower level management available, great benefits packages including continuing education.
Sr Quality Engineer, Label Control Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cockeysville, MDMay 30, 2015
Opportunities were provided to learn various areas of the business. Gained great experience as a Process Technologist to develop knowledge of manufacturing, filling line equipment and Aseptic processing. As Quality Engineer, I have increased my knowledge of regulatory requirements and developed competency with risk assessment, non-conformance investigations, complaint handling, audit responses for customers and regulatory agencies, and change management. As Label Control Supervisor, I have restructured the department to accommodate expanded product offerings by adding headcount and labeling equipment.
Pros
advancement opportunities, benefits
Cons
no upper management advancement opportunities
Great Place to Work
Forming Operator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, NEJune 29, 2015
I have been at Becton Dickinson for about three years now and I personally think it is a great place to work. They have excellent benefits as well as each position available pays quite well. The management treats you good and with degrees or technical experience an individual has a chance to move up with the company. You have to put in your time and show that you are a good worker in order to be considered for a higher job or management level though.
Pros
Great Pay, Great Benefits
Cons
You work hard and sometimes stressful.
Awesome company and corporate environment
Developer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 27, 2016
Working at BD during their transition period and merger with Care Fusion was very interesting and for the most part a great learning and growing experience. As with any corporate mergers transitioning people and processes takes time and can be challenging and political posturing and shared consensus on what is best . They are on the right track and once things are decided upon a systems and commonality platform processes should fall in line .
Pros
On site cafeteria, enaging work, health care leader
Cons
There are none
Great place to work.
QA II- Inspect incoming and finished goods. (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCMarch 12, 2016
Great place to work. Managers have open door policy. Can be stressful at times. Good teamwork. Great co-workers. Benefits are great, good vacation time, sick time and good insurance.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
I drive 70 miles one way to work, 140 mile round trip
Unfair Place To Work !!! Bubby System in Place.
technical support (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCNovember 15, 2015
Racist, No room for advancement unless you in their buddy system. Cut - throat workers that's buddies with management. Workers are scared to speak out fearing they will get fired.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, CUT- Throat
excellent fortune 500 company
Strategic Account Manager (Former Employee) –  mid atlantic areaOctober 6, 2015
Management position eliminated during a merger. Excellent company to work for 19 years. Culture of continuous improvement to patient outcomes and ongoing research and development
Pros
ethical company
Cons
merger cost management positions
Productive work place
Regulatory Compliance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Las Piedras, Puerto RicoMarch 26, 2016
Ensure that BD Las Piedras has implemented all applicable regulations. The Regulatory Compliance Administrator is the facility expert on ISO and QSR regulations.
Participates and supports QA Manager during FDA/ISO/External Audits.
Oversees the CAPA program. Ensures that CAPA’s are performed to SOP’s, timely and meeting all regulatory requirements. Participates in applicable CAPA weekly meetings with owners. Assists in developing corrective actions and implementation plans, if necessary.
Pros
updated trainings all the time
Good company
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJNovember 19, 2015
Great six Years at BD. First Job out of college. decent amount of red tape and politics, and poor management. Would not recommend going here as a young professional.
Great place to work. Great salary and benefits. Work remotely.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 9, 2015
BD is a great place to work. The company is growing and there are lots of opportunities for growth. The salary is great and all of my colleagues are a pleasure to work with. Management is awesome and transparent in everything. They get it. Remote work is awesome but some travel is expected.
Work/Life balance is tough. Expect 60+ hour weeks.
Pros
Salary, Benefits, Management, Remote (Virtual Office)
Exciting and dynamic workplace
VALIDATION ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Grayson, GA.June 1, 2016
This company always has an interest in its employees, as demonstrated by special luncheon events, ice cream breaks and company parties/picnics. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction between co-workers. The most difficult part of the job was the limited accessibility for promotion.
Pros
Free lunches occasionally & ice cream breaks; Company picnic
Cons
Little opportunity for advancement
Overview
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJJune 23, 2015
A typical day at work here for me is never repeated twice. I have diverse responsibilities and work with a large team of individuals. I am fortunate that I enjoy working with and also learn things from often. I have expanded on my Corporate business knowledge and have accomplished getting familiar and working well with all of Senior Management and the Executive Assistants that support them. The hardest part of my job can be assembling all of Senior Management in a very short period of time for a meeting. Management is located internationally and it's a challenge but I do get it done.
Pros
We have wonderful benefits here
Cons
The cost of healthcare is rising
Material Handler
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Holdrege, NEAugust 18, 2015
The work environment was good and the people treat you like family. The pay and benefits are great. Lots of room for advancement. Never had a problem with management.
Pros
pay, benefits, people
Cons
12hr shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Becton Dickinson & Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Becton Dickinson & Company Reviews by Location