Becton Dickinson & Company

Becton Dickinson & Company Employee Reviews in United States

OK Company
Sys /Net Administrator / and DBA (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 7, 2016
Growing to fast thru acquisitions...
Good benefits and PTO .
Good Incentives for future planning.
Sad they had to close facility and consolidate in San Jose.
Great Place To Work
Material Handler I (contract employee) (Current Employee) –  Sparks, MD 21152July 18, 2016
Management is fair and level headed. Lots of opportunity for advancement. Full time employees have excellent benefits, 99% of co-workers seem happy and easy going; they are very easy to work with. I am eager to get hired full time and spend my last ten years of employment (or more) here before I retire.
Pros
great working conditions
Cons
none that I can think of
Not a great place to work
Tool Crib Attendant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, NEJuly 7, 2016
Management at BD usually has someone in mind before they post a job. Management is very closed minded. BD's doesn't promote from within much. Negative morale.
Great place to work!!!
Clinical Product Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 6, 2016
Best part of my job is customer interactions!!! Conduct frequent Voice of Customer sessions and Focus Groups which enable us to develop customer focued products!!!
Working with the line is fun and enjoyable.
Medical Line Assembler (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 28, 2016
I love my work as a Medical Line Assembler. There's teamwork to reach the daily goal and we have a happy, hardworking group. The work area is comfortable and the company provide all the materials that we need. My lead/supervisor is very helpful.. I have gained knowledge working with this companyand I am so grateful for.
Awesome company and corporate environment
Developer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 27, 2016
Working at BD during their transition period and merger with Care Fusion was very interesting and for the most part a great learning and growing experience. As with any corporate mergers transitioning people and processes takes time and can be challenging and political posturing and shared consensus on what is best . They are on the right track and once things are decided upon a systems and commonality platform processes should fall in line .
Pros
On site cafeteria, enaging work, health care leader
Cons
There are none
Not worth the money
Molding Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Canaan, CTJune 3, 2016
Working 12 hour days in an extremely hot (90+) and stuffy environment with an impossible workload was a normal workday in the Canaan plant. The molding department is by far the epitome of dysfunction in Canaan.

This company does everything in their power to cut costs at the production workers expense. Management limits training so that skills nessecary to safely perform the job are never taught in an attempt to save money. Continuous additions to the daily workload by the beaurocrats in the offices have created an enviorment of that makes it literally is impossible to do your job.

BD will also threaten your job at every possible opportunity in an attempt to force their workers to meet their impossible expectations. The molding department is extremely understaffed and over worked. Mandatory overtime is common due to the fact that the temporary workers usually do not last long because of the conditions.

Despite making more product than ever, there is no where to advance to in the molding department. People have been working there for decades and the only way to possible advance is in the unfortunate circumstance of someone dying.

The management has decimated the staff leading to poorer quality and a disgustingly filthy work enviorment.

The equipment and technology at the plant is all pre Cold War era that is in a constant state of disrepair. Management turns a blind eye to the obvious problems with production flow from the dilapidated machines for fear that it might have to be addressed and affect their bottom line.

Management just cares about one thing,
  more... not the anxiety ridden working enviorment, not the insane workload with failing equipment, not that your prescriptions cost hundreds with their health insurance, just the numbers.  less
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Mandatory overtime, no opportunities for advancement, understaffed, unhealthy working enviorment.
Exciting and dynamic workplace
VALIDATION ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Grayson, GA.June 1, 2016
This company always has an interest in its employees, as demonstrated by special luncheon events, ice cream breaks and company parties/picnics. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction between co-workers. The most difficult part of the job was the limited accessibility for promotion.
Pros
Free lunches occasionally & ice cream breaks; Company picnic
Cons
Little opportunity for advancement
Not family friendly
Tubemill operator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, NEMay 26, 2016
Great place to work for certain people. Younger people without families and want to make great money it is a good job. People with familes dont get much time off.
Pros
Pay benifits
Cons
no time off
Good Company
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJMay 26, 2016
Becton Dickinson is a good company to be employed with. Their compensation package is higher compared to other companies in the New Jersey area. Culture is a family type environment with pleasant co-workers.
Great peers and colleagues to work with
Not Applicable (Current Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJMay 26, 2016
Peers and colleagues are great to work with. Management too often stressed and burdened subordinates with same stress. Unprofessional management and need better defined roles on do's and don'ts of management. ie: management does not gossip or whine to subordinates
Pros
Flexibility on start and leave times or working remotely
Cons
Wrong management in place
Great Co-workers
Sterilizer/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NEMay 23, 2016
I had so awesome co-workers that I worked with. The Job wasn't to bad either. There is a lot of paperwork and you need to pay attention to detail. But other wise the people are good to work with.
Good company
CI Line Lead (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UT 84070May 12, 2016
Good company to work for, Management need some work.
Management should not just believe, they should do more investigation.
Pros
Pay good
Cons
provides a good work balance
Medical Device Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 11, 2016
My original company was acquired by BD so I only have one year of experience with BD, but the cultures seems very similar to our original company
Nice company to work for advancement
Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCApril 27, 2016
Daily operations run smoothly most days. If any issues arise, management and co-workers are part of the resolution. Hardest part of this job was keeping staff at capacity. The most enjoyable part of this job was the many personalities of my co-workers.
Overall a Great Company to Work for
Sales (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAApril 27, 2016
Overall, Becton Dickinson is a great company to work for. It has a great work and outside of work balance. The work environment is not distracting, but still friendly and allows you to get the job done
secure job, can work overtime if needed.
HR Business Analyst - Talent Management (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 24, 2016
poor management, benefits package not the best, high turnover, not alot of opportunities for advancement, friendly co-workers. balanced job work/life.
Very productive work site, with good people
Repair Tech I (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIApril 11, 2016
Our management was great to work for but on the corporate level I think they had no clue to what they were doing when they shut the facility down.
Pros
Local Management was great
Cons
Upper Corporate Management
Great place to work.
QC Lab Tech/QA Assoc (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCApril 8, 2016
The typical work day is routine work. There are many applications, software and processes to learn. The hardest part of the job is the travel from Durham to Burlington everyday. I have learned that when you have good help, you should keep them. My co-workers are hard working and love their job.
Benefits
Cons
Transitions of employee's.
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJApril 6, 2016
Productive and enjoyable place to work. Great Corporate culture and work life balance with management that is fair. Very good benefits and still has a pension plan. Encourages movement and promotion of jobs
Pros
Gym and health center onsite

Becton Dickinson & Company Reviews by Location