Becton Dickinson & Company Employee Reviews

it's an ok company
Manager, Global Dispensing RFPs (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 17, 2017
good company but they don't recognize loyal employees and they bring in contractors so they can pay them less than current employees. They lay off people who make high salary to replace them with lower paid individuals.
Productive and understanding workplace
Fixed Asset Accountant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 14, 2017
This job is flexible and understanding in reference to work/life balance. Fixed Asset Management has been unsteady for the past two years. Advancement is seldom in General Accounting. Inclusion and Diversity is becoming a focus at this work environment. Hardest part of the job is being recognized for accomplishments. Most enjoyable part of this job are the friendships that are created.
Pros
Monthly birthday celebrations, flexible work/life balance
Cons
recognition of accomplishments, lack of F.A. Team Lead support
The people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJAugust 10, 2017
We were a team and we all worked together to get the job done. We all enjoyed our jobs and there was comradery amongst us. We would help each other at every opportunity.
Pros
We had everything you could ask for on-site; cafeteria, bank, laundry, store, fitness center, covered parking, health center (with doctor/nurse)
Cons
none!
very stressful place to work for millenials
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Cayey Municipio, PRAugust 8, 2017
no work-life balance, management says that the work has to be done even if it takes overtime. Management encourages you to give ideas or continuous improvement but are not willing to implement the ideas because they are have been working the same way for so long that they are afraid of changes.
Pros
good benfits for permanent employees
Cons
Management is old school
great company
Customer Support Representative III (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 8, 2017
learned how to multitask under pressure answered many phone lines and used a dual screen CPU it was fun and stressful but in a good way i enjoyed working here
Quick paced warehous job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sparks, MDAugust 7, 2017
Job is very fast paced, and a lot of lifting is required. Salary started at 15.50 an hour I believe, not sure what the starting salary is as of now, but the benefits were the best I've had, and very affordable. Came in the door with 3 weeks vaca, and 5 -6 floating holidays along with sick time, which, imo, was the best perc. Supervisors were easy to deal with, and schedule was steady, you are either morning, night or overnight shift. Only reason for me leaving was for more money, otherwise I wouldve stayed.
Pros
Gym, Cheap benefits, 3 weeks starting vaca time.
Cons
Salary
Hard working and very friendly people
Summertime employee (Former Employee) –  Broken Bow, NEAugust 7, 2017
A typical day at work is fun and enjoyable. The people are always nice to hang around and they are very kind and polite. They are good with new employees and will help each other out when they need it. The work environment is enjoyable. The machines run good and you don't have many problems running them, and the work environment is clean. They keep the place nice and clean all of the time and when you are done working you clean up around the machines if there are tubes that have fallen out of the tube bins. Management is also good. I've learned though to not argue with your fellow employees because you spend more time arguing about what to do if there is a problem, rather than fixing it. They do run things smoothly though. They are always on top of things, they make sure we are working in a safe environment and they always look out for their employees. The hardest part of my job was paperwork. The paper work is a crucial part of working in the plant and if the paperwork was wrong the whole order was wrong. If there was a mess up on the paperwork, and it had been sent off to another machine, you had to track it down to fix what you messed up on the paperwork. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the people there. My fellow employees made work fun and enjoyable and they always kept the day lively even when it seemed long. I will miss working with them the most.
Pros
free lunches, paid lunch breaks
Cons
very hot, and loud, not a lot of room to work
Company has changed considerably from when I started
IT (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJAugust 7, 2017
When I first started at BD it was a great place to work and learn. As the years went on, constant changes in management led to constantly shifting priorities and abandoned initiatives. Organizational structure was constantly shifting in IT. Most recently, most all of IT has been outsourced.
Pros
People, learning, benefits, work/life balance, compensation
Cons
No job security if you're in IT.
Great Place to work
Audio Visual Specialist (Current Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 7, 2017
Great Place, Good People. There is no perfect job, But I'm pretty sure that we can make a change, a difference. But is not the case, Wish they care more about their employees.
An Inspiring Workplace
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJAugust 1, 2017
A typical day was a tight schedule. I learned to be self reliant from the laissez-faire management style. The workplace culture was welcoming. The hardest part of the job was the commute. The most enjoyable part of the job was the sense of accomplishment from getting to use the knowledge I acquired in university,
Information Technology
PC Deployment Technician (Former Employee) –  Sparks, MD 21152July 30, 2017
I worked there for 22 years prior to layoff and the exit package was loaded with financial considerations. All I.T. jobs are outside contractors.Good place to work.
Pros
Good pay and great benefit.
Cons
No job security in I.T.
Cool place to work
Summer Associate (Former Employee) –  New City, NYJuly 27, 2017
I was only there and a remote engineering summer associate while I was volunteering in Rwanda. The people there are very cooperative and excited about the work that they are doing.
Work Life
Senior HR Assistant / BDU Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 25, 2017
Coworkers are amazing. Like that we had a peets coffee on site, didn't like that we had to pay for everything.

Loved that you can take a train to work and free shuttle.
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
no stock for employees below managment
Decent Workplace
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 21, 2017
Typical work experience for a FDA-regulated position. This is a big company so there is a lot of big company issues. You tend to disappear in a sea of workers. Lots of outsourcing.
Pros
You can wear jeans!
Cons
Feel like a cog in a wheel
Great Company
Intern (Current Employee) –  NCJuly 21, 2017
Highly recommended company that specializes in great quality products that benefit it's customers. The impact that their products have on the people that are directly affected are overwhelming. This is definitely a company that is worth looking in to if any interests in the company.
Benefits
Cons
N/a
Not a fun place to work. Most professionals become frustrated with working in a matrix. There are more managers than doers.
Global Education & Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Sparks, MDJuly 21, 2017
In my 20+ years of working in Corporate America, management at BD is by far the worst. This is a company that is not fast and nimble to change. A very high percentage of workers have been employed over 20 years. Are not willing to change.
Pros
Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
Cons
Lack of leadership
Fast pace, Fun watching everyone on the line pick at a fast pace
Machine Operator lll (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 20, 2017
Everyone was awesome even the maintenance people anytime you were breakdown on your machine they was always there to fix the problem at a fast pace Manor. Besides all that it was the most cleanest Warehouse I had ever worked at when I started they was wearing all white long white lab jackets trimmed and red and white pants they looked at so professional at that time
Pros
They was amazing when it came down to give the employees picnics and free lunches and prizes
Cons
Healthcare was amazing as well
Lots of learning opportunities.
Sr Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJJuly 20, 2017
BD is an interesting place to work. They make great products, and a lot of them, but it is very cut throat environment with no loyalty to any employee.
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJuly 19, 2017
I was a contractor, so I did not have a full compensation package, but my group director was fantastic and a good teacher. The other members in our group were nice and helpful. I only left because I found a permanent job with benefits at another company.
Pros
Good environment, I learned a lot
Cons
A lot of contracts never go permanent
Life & Work Balance and Amazing People culture
Training & Development UI Design Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baja CaliforniaJuly 18, 2017
I work for the manufacturing plant in Tijuana, we where CareFusion and got bought by BD about 2 years ago. The transition has been until recent months almost transparent.

Benefits are the same, but BD as a global company has amazing opportunities to grow, volunteer.

I had the chance to visit Peru and help people as part of the BD Volunteer Service Program
Pros
Benefits, Volunteer Program, People centered culture
Cons
BD corporate regulations are a little difficult to follow

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Becton Dickinson & Company. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval